Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2016, 20:59   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Also, what's exactly missing there in the door panel so that the entire panel moves a bit when the powered windows go up n down ?
That seems to be a design fault. The plastic panel moves when the glass slots into the groove at the top. It is probably an alignment issue that they haven't been able to fix.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 21:34   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
That seems to be a design fault. The plastic panel moves when the glass slots into the groove at the top. It is probably an alignment issue that they haven't been able to fix.
My heart skips a bit everytime that happens !
Old 12th June 2016, 00:33   #513
BHPian

Can anyone who has installed reversing camera from the dealer help me with a user guide?
Thing is, last night I was trying to adjust the brightness of the display and a setting with NIGHT (and another word) came up, it was related to display or camera's sensitivity during night( I am guessing here). Now I can't seem to get that option to appear again Anyone knows how to go about it? There's only one button on the mirror and it only increases/decreases the brightness. There must be a combination or pattern I reckon. Also the OE mirror was auto dimming but this one isn't. Is it the case with me only or with everyone else also?
Old 16th June 2016, 12:18   #514
BHPian

I am being offered to choose between 2 options for trend diesel.
1. 24k cash discount (incl 3rd year warranty and labour free for first 2 services)
2. No cash discount, but 4 year scheduled maintenance free(incl labour and consumables and 4th year warranty)

Please help me in choosing the better option.

Last edited by prithvibelli : 16th June 2016 at 12:19. Reason: Incl 4th year warranty
Old 16th June 2016, 12:45   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibelli View Post
1. 24k cash discount (incl 3rd year warranty and labour free for first 2 services)
2. No cash discount, but 4 year scheduled maintenance free(incl labour and consumables and 4th year warranty)

Though I was looking for the petrol version, during the follow up call I mentioned I was not happy with the discount on offer (4 X 4). I was told "Sir, please come to the showroom, we can definitely work out something"

So you should be able to get 4 X 4 offer and something more than that, should you sit on the table to finalize.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 03:30   #516
BHPian

Planning to install rear parking sensors on my Figo and mostly it will be the dealer-given Ford accessory since I don't want to play foul with the silly warranty regulations.

Any opinions/pics of the display panel ?

Regards.
Old 17th June 2016, 06:35   #517
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibelli View Post

Go for the first option. Figo service is very cheap and 4th year service will not cost 24k most probably.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 16:31   #518
BHPian

Encountered a bit of a Monsoon challenge last week! Was passing through a town on my way to parents' place in my Figo TDCi and it started raining cats & dogs. There's this low lying railway under pass in the town and it was full of water by the time I was about to cross it(water depth of about 0.5ft to 1ft, not sure about it at all).The autorickshaw-wallas in front of me decided not to cross the under pass that raised doubts in my mind for a fraction of a second. Luckily, there was a VW Polo in front as well which managed to cross it. That gave me confidence and I took the plunge in first gear. I kept the engine revs high and was able to wade through the water (distance of about 15-20mts) without any damage done to the car

Guys! Has anyone else gone through such a situation and upto what depth of water can the Figo pass through?!

Last edited by espraveen : 19th June 2016 at 16:33.
Old 20th June 2016, 21:23   #519

Finally,booked the Titanium figo 1.5L diesel (ruby red).It will be delivered by the 1st week of July as promised by the RM.As 4by4 is the ongoing offer anyhow extended by the company,I expected a good discount from the dealer's end.After a long negotiation the dealer said he can only offer the essential kit that too if we promise to take the insurance from the dealer.I didn't want to extend the discussion further.So decided to pay only the ex-showroon price + the RTO charges.

They asked me to rather choose between the 4by4 (service+warranty) offer or a cash discount of Rs 24,000.
I felt the 4by4 offer to be more reasonable.

Ex-showroon : 7,16,852
RTO charges : 86,652
So will be paying a total of 8,03,162 to the dealer.

Any suggestions on taking the insurance from outside?

As per what the RM said,if the insurance is taken directly from the insurance company,there might be a few things they might omit to make up the difference amount.How far is that true?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2016, 15:38   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

After the RS, the FIGO/KA+ gets the ST treatment;

Ford Figo : Official Review-fordkarenderedagainwarmstfollowsthers_1.jpg

Ford Figo : Official Review-fordkarenderedagainwarmstfollowsthers_2.jpg

PS - I want that SPOILER

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:02   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post

Any suggestions on taking the insurance from outside?

As per what the RM said,if the insurance is taken directly from the insurance company,there might be a few things they might omit to make up the difference amount.How far is that true?

Thanks in advance.
It is the company insurance that omits clauses - you can add on a lot of extras if you take your own insurance, and it will still work out cheaper.

You have 4 choices - Royal Sundaram, Bajaj, Iffko Tokyo and United india. All of them are eligible for Cashless Claims as they have tieup with Ford india. When I bought my Aspire I got quotes directly from their respective sites. Bajaj rates were the same. Iffko did not have Aspire as an option. United site did not go through. Royal Sundaram called back and quoted 15,800 (22,649 was Ford's quote) with additional benefits of 24x7 roadside assistance + unlimited claims in a year without affecting NCB + 2 lakh insurance for co-passenger + daily allowance.

I had the misfortune of claiming the insurance, and everything went smoothly. I actually ended up earning Rs.6000 by the time the car was repaired.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:42   #522
BHPian

hi Folks, a question here, is it possible to get Figo with an adjustable neck rest at the rear?
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:59   #523
Senior - BHPian

Petrol owners, could you please mention your mileage figures here for the benefit of others ? I am having a very low mileage so far. Its now almost 5 months old, hitting ODO 4000+, done with the 1st service long back. Mileage issue was reported twice before, each time they checked something and reported everything is fine. But I still get below 10 kmpl in the city. Just once it had shown 14 kmpl, that was while doing a 600 kms high way driving last month. Figures are same as shown on the car display as well as the android app Fuelio. All the previous 4 top ups were tank full to tank full, leaving chances of any errors !

Third complaint was raised this week and the dealer is supposed to pick up the car on Saturday for another 100 km mileage test (as explained to me). This will only generate a confirmation report of the mileage, I dont think it can bring any practical solution to the issue !

Personally its a frustrating issue so far, because we had a Fiesta 1.6 earlier and it was always averaging above 14 kmpl in the city. Figo being 1.2 and much lighter must be giving a better figure than 14 !

Last edited by shajufx : 23rd June 2016 at 20:07.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 22:38   #524
BHPian

I have figo automatic which gives around same mileage as you mentioned. Filled full tank today and DTE shows 503 km. Not much difference between petrol manual and automatic car. My friend has manual variant and he gets around 9 km in city.
camon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:15   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Petrol owners, could you please mention your mileage figures here for the benefit of others ?
The least I've got from my Aspire is 11.76 and the max is 15.76 by tank full method for mixed city and highway use. The 11.76 was in the first month, but I average around 14.5 now at 5000 km on the ODO.

I recently went on 2 trips on ghat roads with 50% in 3rd gear and the trip mileage was 17.5

Figo being a lighter car should get better mileage than the Aspire.

Your problem might have c something to do with driving styles.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks