Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 07:34   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Ford, if your are serious about your business, please add some genuine and customer friendly dealers in Chennai - or at least you can open a direct outlet like Hyundai (HMP). Even though your cars are good, I don't want to buy any of your cars, because my experience with your dealers are so pathetic (like 10000s of other customers, who don't have a team-bhp account or don't know where to raise it) and the horror stories of service experience in Chennai.
Ford does sell OEM parts over the counter which customers can buy and use at a FNG. Authorised Ford Parts Distributors

Quote:
Chennai
Eureka Ford Parts
P M Towers(Basement)
No 37, Greams Road,Thousand Lights
Chennai - 600006
Tel: +91 044 43099989
eurekafordparts@gmail.com
And here is our thread for it. Ford-india-start-over-counter-sales-spare-parts
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:56   #602
BHPian

Hi guys

We own the Figo 1.5 DCT. Currently the car has completed 13k kms.

Minor niggles thus far as below:

- Fuel cap would not open (intermittently). Sorted at second service. They replaced the Actuator (free)
- Some rattling in doors. Again sorted during 2nd service
- The boot needs to be closed forcefully, if not it displays unlocked in instrument cluster. Has anybody faced this issue? I mentioned this to the SA and they are saying they do not have any solution to this problem i.e. and are asking to bang the boot down!

Overall, the car has been a charm to drive and returns 10~11 easily in town with AC. The best I saw on a highway run was 15kmpl. Bangalore to Hyderabad highway.

Lastly, the two things I want to add to the car are:

1) Arm rest. Ford should make this an official accessory. Any after market suggestions from fellow members also welcome.
2) Paddle shift steering wheel/ paddle shifters. Not a necessity, but the +/ - buttons on the gear lever are just not intuitive to use. A paddle shift steering will add a lot to the driving pleasure of the car. Any suggestions from fellow members welcome.
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 19:13   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Hi guys

We own the Figo 1.5 DCT. Currently the car has completed 13k kms.

Minor niggles thus far as below:

- Some rattling in doors. Again sorted during 2nd service
- The boot needs to be closed forcefully, if not it displays unlocked in instrument cluster. Has anybody faced this issue? I mentioned this to the SA and they are saying they do not have any solution to this problem i.e. and are asking to bang the boot down!
I have also repeatedly faced the boot issue in my tdci. The security at my office often randomly performs a check of the boot of cars entering the premisis and when they close it I always get the open door indication on the dash and have to get down and close it forcefully myself. It's been like this ever since I got the car. In my case too FASS advised me not to tamper with it and keep banging the boot down.

Last edited by bullrun87 : 24th August 2016 at 19:19.
Old 25th August 2016, 07:40   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I have also repeatedly faced the boot issue in my tdci. The security at my office often randomly performs a check of the boot of cars entering the premisis and when they close it I always get the open door indication on the dash and have to get down and close it forcefully myself. It's been like this ever since I got the car. In my case too FASS advised me not to tamper with it and keep banging the boot down.
This happens at my office too, every other day. IMHO more than the boot needs to be closed forcefully, it is the problem with the security guys, they just about open the boot door, not even 1.5 ft up (as a formality) and leave it from there, sure enough it doesn't lock.

In such cases, normally I don't move the car and ask him to close it properly until the door unlock sign is gone.
Old 25th August 2016, 07:45   #605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I have also repeatedly faced the boot issue in my tdci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
This happens at my office too, every other day.
Looks like nothing to do with DCT alone. Its there on all. I have seen this as well (on the DCT). Need to be paranoid about this especially when parking and heading out to office. You need to make sure its locked. Else, the cabin and boot light can remain on, and hence drain the battery.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:25   #606
BHPian

Regarding the boot - yes it needs to be slammed shut but doesn't need too much force. I haven't had any issues with it not closing properly. Also, doesn't the car has something of a 'Battery Saver' which should take care of the battery drainage issues. I am not sure in which all conditions it kicks in.
Old 25th August 2016, 11:39   #607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Regarding the boot - yes it needs to be slammed shut but doesn't need too much force. I haven't had any issues with it not closing properly. Also, doesn't the car has something of a 'Battery Saver' which should take care of the battery drainage issues. I am not sure in which all conditions it kicks in.
There is a timewindow till its ON or so. In other words it keeps the power outlets live for some time. (Not sure about it. I think Moderator Vidd's Ecosport had issue with battery failure for similar reason. He forgot to take out dash cam connection. He can explain it better).
Old 25th August 2016, 13:30   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like nothing to do with DCT alone. Its there on all. I have seen this as well (on the DCT). Need to be paranoid about this especially when parking and heading out to office. You need to make sure its locked. Else, the cabin and boot light can remain on, and hence drain the battery.
IIRC an alarm goes on if you drive with a door open (even boot for that matter). I believe it goes on probably once you reach 10kmph, this does help.
Old 26th August 2016, 07:05   #609

Hi All, i am in the market to buy a hatch. Did TD of new Figo Diesel and boy, it is a joy to drive! So much so that i did a back to back back TD of VW Polo GT and Figo, i am ready to sacrifice the cabin quality of Polo for that power under the hood in Figo. However, need your two cents on the following:
- How is the A.S.S here in Mumbai, i have recently shifted from Pune hence knowledge on dealer is limited
-Which is the best among, Kavish (closest to residence), Satyam, SC and Bhavna in service
- Anybody here availed the Ford Credit over the bank loans here?

Regards,
Rick
Old 26th August 2016, 08:27   #610
BHPian

We have just taken delivery of a white Figo 1.5 tdci titanium. Had gone for this purely for the engine, and at this price point, there was nothing close (got it for around 7.44 otr). The engine is great, but keeping sane speeds for now. Some queries:

1. Doors do not close with a thud - sometimes I think it hasn't been closed properly. I have read that it is a common issue.
2. Anyone with the Ambient light gimmicky accessory, please let me know where to mount it? It should be obviously concealed and not within direct eyesight, but my dealer has installed it such that it blinds my eye at night. Maybe they are doing it for the first time!
Old 28th August 2016, 13:29   #611
BHPian

Took my Figo TDCi for the 30,000 KM service yesterday.

Total cost: Rs.6079/-

Fuel Filter change was the difference between 20K KM service and this one.

Services /parts taken out of personal choice :
> Air filter (I'm replacing it every 10K KM)
>Wheel Alignment /balancing (I don't have good enough WA/WB garages where I stay, hence getting it done at the dealer itself who have done a pretty decent job so far)
>Engine room waxing (can avoid it I guess!)
Old 2nd September 2016, 00:16   #612
BHPian

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160827_000744.jpg

Well i discovered this in my car last week. Its a rod/clamp that holds the dashboard in place. Wrote to Ford about it, they say it's surface oxidation which is normal on cast iron parts & has no structural or performance implications. Looks like some QC goof-up here on Ford's part. I looked up through some american forums and found that few folks have reported this as a normal thing though I checked other cars in the dealership and found to be in good condition.
It's been one month and 3000kms, a little too early for such things. I am not too keen to push and replace this as this will mean opening up the entire dash

I have written to ford to confirm if they will cover this under extended warranty if the situation worsens, Awaiting their reply.
nikhil.neon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:03   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.neon View Post
Well i discovered this in my car last week. Its a rod/clamp that holds the dashboard in place. Wrote to Ford about it, they say it's surface oxidation which is normal on cast iron parts & has no structural or performance implications. Looks like some QC goof-up here on Ford's part.
I'm wondering wildly what a an untreated steel is doing inside the cabin! I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
We have just taken delivery of a white Figo 1.5 tdci titanium. Had gone for this purely for the engine, and at this price point, there was nothing close (got it for around 7.44 otr). The engine is great, but keeping sane speeds for now.
I see that you have a Polo Tdi as well. Can you give us a comparison between these? Is the engine way better than the Polo? And where does the Figo's build quality (and rattles if any) stand against the Polo?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:08   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.neon View Post
Well i discovered this in my car last week. Its a rod/clamp that holds the dashboard in place. Wrote to Ford about it, they say it's surface oxidation which is normal on cast iron parts & has no structural or performance implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm wondering wildly what a an untreated steel is doing inside the cabin! I have no clue.
I agree with thoma. I know there are iron parts in a car that have surface oxidation/rusting, such as the brake calipers, and other bits underneath. However, I'm very surprised to see such a thing within a car's passenger compartment.

Furthermore, there's a section to the right of the rust that is painted white. Is that the same part/clamp that has rusting? If so, then it is definitely a problem, because the iron parts that rust are typically left unpainted. So if this was painted or coated with primer, then its meant to be protected.

Last edited by arunphilip : 2nd September 2016 at 13:23.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 13:20   #615
BHPian

This part as such is unpainted as I have checked it in other figos too. I could be galvanized though going by its finish. I was myself wondering why it should be of cast iron construction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks