Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:46   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Replaced my 7 year old Gen 1 Figo with the new one. Blatantly copied karan561 and got the OE alloys and tires replaced
Congrats on your car! It looks really gorgeous & stunning in white with those alloys.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 15:13   #962
BHPian

I finally had a proper test drive of the standard petrol figo. I had tested the diesel 6 months ago and loved the power/performance but was dissapointed with the interiors and steering feel only.

This time i took my mom with me just to compare her old petrol figo with this.
First the negatives!
1. She felt the interiors to be claustrophobic. The Dash seemed too long plus the driver and passenger leg space seemed less. The left or right knee brushes against the lower half of the dashboard. The older figo felt more airy and spacious. The new figo's back seat comfort and leg space was slight better so no issue here.

2. I have personally been driving my figo since the day it was bought, now i use it more often than mom.I felt the new figo has lost the decent low end torque that the old one had in second and third gear. Older figo used to jump when the A-pedal was pressed, new one just slowly builds up speed.
both the midranges felt the same to me and only the newer figo had slightly better pickup after 3.5K rpm. So end result, the petrol engine was a disappointment, not that i dint expect it. However my mom found it just fine and its not a big negative in her mind.

3. Steering wheel felt much more lighter than the diesel that i drove at parking speeds. At parking speeds the petrol figo felt like a hyundai, at highway speeds it weighed up nicely. Mom preferred it so its a plus point for her.

Now the Positives!
1. She loved the exterior looks, felt it looked sloghtly more compact then the old figo, which is a good thing for her.
2. Value for money pricing if you compare the features offered for the price. All the other brands are priced higher except the tiago, but i wont club the tiago in the same segment.

So for now the figo is out of contention due to its interiors! be it the looks or ergonomics. According to my mom, it felt more claustrophobic. I will try and make her test drive the aspire diesel, maybe the brighter interiors will lighten up the mood but for now its goodbye new figo!

Regards
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 08:41   #963
BHPian

I need to change two things on my car urgently and would like to get suggestions.

1. Install a more convex ORVM on both sides to cover a wider area, as the small ORVMs are not just an inconvenience, they are in most instances of crazy traffic driving, a serious obstacle and hazard. I myself have narrowly averted disasters because the small ORVMS cannot show me more of the road.

2. Upgrade my wiper blades, without hampering warranty. The current ones are not effective enough for me, and on top of that my stupid and unprofessional car cleaners have messed with them with their daily cleaning of the car.

I live in Pimpri if that helps. Like shipnil had mentioned, should I go to Autoji in PCMC both both these issues or for the wipers do I go to 3M, as previously suggested in earlier discussions? Thanks

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 17th July 2017 at 08:42. Reason: Too many similar syllables.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:49   #964
BHPian

Guys, can the adjustable rear headrest be fitted on the Figo?
Old 17th July 2017, 11:55   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Some upholstery shops do this. I have seen some old Swift/DZire LDIs with adjustable headrests.

Worst case, you can install Aspire's rear seat and get adjustable headrests as well as centre armrest. You'll lose fold down capability with it I guess.

PS This shop in Kerala claims to do these types of alterations. There should be some shops like this in Mumbai as well.
(Came across through search. No personal experience)

Last edited by theredliner : 17th July 2017 at 12:01.
Old 17th July 2017, 16:48   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Install a more convex ORVM on both sides to cover a wider area
For this you can look at the blind spot eliminating additional mirrors that are available in most accessory showrooms. As a fellow Figo owner I can totally relate to this and I am also on the verge of getting these fitted soon as it can be fatal when merging into the freeway from a service road or descending a flyover where there is traffic from below that is merging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Upgrade my wiper blades, without hampering warranty.
Changing the wipers will not hamper the warranty as long as you stick to the stock size wipers. The only warranty you need to worry about would be the wiper motor but again if the size is the same and there is no extra load on the motor nothing should ideally go wrong. You can look at Bosch Clear Advantage wipers if you want to go for the wipers with frame. If you want to try frame-less wipers, you can try 3M as there is good feedback from owners who have got these for their s-cross on our very own forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Pardon me for asking a question instead of answering yours, but will the rear seat be occupied by tall occupants often? I am asking because if your rear seat passengers are not taller than 5'5 then they will be comfortable with the current position of the fixed head rests. I am saying this from experience of owning the Fiesta Classic with adjustable headrests prior to owning the Figo without it. My rear seat passengers who have traveled in both have confirmed that they were more comfortable with the fixed headrest position in the Figo compared to the adjustable one on the Classic where they had to fiddle around with it a lot to find a comfortable position of the headrest. So please decide if you want to modify it based on the above feedback and your passenger height at the rear.

@Mods, Please pardon back to back posts. Edit window had expired. Please merge the 2 posts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th July 2017 at 19:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:52   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Pardon me for asking a question instead of answering yours, but will the rear seat be occupied by tall occupants often? I am asking because if your rear seat passengers are not taller than 5'5 then they will be comfortable with the current position of the fixed head rests. I am saying this from experience of owning the Fiesta Classic with adjustable headrests prior to owning the Figo without it. My rear seat passengers who have traveled in both have confirmed that they were more comfortable with the fixed headrest position in the Figo compared to the adjustable one on the Classic where they had to fiddle around with it a lot to find a comfortable position of the headrest. So please decide if you want to modify it based on the above feedback and your passenger height at the rear.

@Mods, Please pardon back to back posts. Edit window had expired. Please merge the 2 posts.
Hi, in my family dad is 6 ft, mom 5ft, i am 5.10ft, wife is 5.8ft. Me and Dad drive but many times dad sits behind. Also personally i find that not having adjustable rear headrest is a huge safety issue. In case of a car banging me from the rear, lack of proper head support will lead to severe injuries to the neck. Currently the Figo ticks all the boxes except one. Adjustable rear headrest is an absolute must for me.

Aspire is also a very easy option, just that I am curios to know if Figo can have rear seats like Aspire. I will check for some jugaad in Mumbai.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 13:17   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
This wasn't at a low rpm. Actually this was happening around 2500 or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Check if the cladding above the front tires is secure. It was the culprit when I faced a similar issue some time back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
My car has always been quite noisy when coasting at extremely low rpms. Then there is also the case of the drive by wire system increasing engine speed to prevent it from stalling. This occurs at around 800 rpm and the car becomes very noisy when it does.
Hi

I had a similar problem, then I realized that it was coming from the headlight unit. Took it to Metro Ford, St.Mark's Road Bangalore and they confirmed by doubt. Now they have put a 'sponge- sticker' on the underside of the headlight assembly on LHS & RHS units and the noise is gone. They said that it was an advise from Ford to do so for all figos, was missed out during my 20k service 8 weeks back.

Z
zavegur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:37   #969
BHPian

My friend is looking to buy a used 2015 Figo.

Were there any issues in the initial batches of the new gen Figo that we should be aware of?
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:47   #970
BHPian

Guys an issue with my Figo. The distance to empty seems to have gone crazy. It goes down and comes up again . Been happening for a while now. I filled up the tank just to make sure. Now it keeps fluctuating between 431 KM's and 428 KM's. Now it's gone up again. What could be the issue. ?
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:52   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys an issue with my Figo. The distance to empty seems to have gone crazy. It goes down and comes up again . Been happening for a while now. I filled up the tank just to make sure. Now it keeps fluctuating between 431 KM's and 428 KM's. Now it's gone up again. What could be the issue. ?
Do you notice this issue when vehicle is stationary or when the vehicle is in motion? The DTE usually goes down when you see when it is in motion but settles down once it is stationary. A difference between 429 and 431 is actually negligible unless there is a lot of difference that you are seeing.
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:02   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Do you notice this issue when vehicle is stationary or when the vehicle is in motion? The DTE usually goes down when you see when it is in motion but settles down once it is stationary. A difference between 429 and 431 is actually negligible unless there is a lot of difference that you are seeing.
This is happening when the vehicle is in motion. Now the DTE has gone up back to 431. I have driven 30 KM's after refuelling. It hasn't gone down.
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:05   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is happening when the vehicle is in motion. Now the DTE has gone up back to 431. I have driven 30 KM's after refuelling. It hasn't gone down.
As an example, I refueled today. The range was 473. After being in stationary traffic for some time, it dropped to 463 & finally when I was about to park after driving 11 kms it was around 454. So it varies depending on kind of traffic you use the vehicle in as well. If you are on the highway after exiting the city, the DTE will remain constant for a certain duration if you are driving with a light foot. I guess there is nothing wrong at this point unless you start seeing drastic differences.
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:41   #974
BHPian

Quote:
The range shown in DTE meter has a connection with the AVG. fuel efficiency shown in multi information display(MID), after filling fuel it will show the range in DTE as per the current AVG. fuel efficiency shown in the MID AFAIK.

Yesterday I filled my Aspire Diesel with a full tank, the DTE was showing 764 km with the AVG. fuel efficiency of around 22.3 Km/ltr when I started my way back from the fuel station, after a drive of about 15 kms from fuel station to my home the AVG. fuel efficiency jumped to 23.0 Km/ltr and DTE was showing a range of 800+ kms.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 18:07   #975
BHPian

Thank you guys, I will see how it turns out when I am about to refill again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks