Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2017, 07:07   #946
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Good to hear that none of you'll are facing this issue.
Kind of sad that some people on a fb group make general sweeping statements or over exaggerate a particular issue and other users blindly believe without demanding significant proof whether an issue is widespread or not.
We live in an erra of " FAKE NEWS"

Thanks for the quick response and happy driving
Do you mind posting the link to the fb page in question?
Old 26th June 2017, 15:43   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
I heard there is going to to be a recall around this issue. Not sure how true the news is. I am going to confirm with Ford customer care as my car has again strongly started pulling left. It was better for some time in between. There is a video doing the rounds in Youtube where a current Figo owner has confirmed that Ford has acknowledged it as a manufacturing defect and there will be a recall soon.

I myself have faced this issue in my Aspire for quite some time. I did research extensively on this and there are like some 4-5 cases across FB and you tube who have faced this issue. Looks like the 2015-16 batches are involved.
I am sorry about your issues reoccurring but did you try alignment outside FASS and after how many KM the did issue reoccur.

I have read about a couple of people complaining online but nobody follows up after they had been advised to get the alignment done outside FASS.

Do keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
Do you mind posting the link to the fb page in question?
It wasnt a page that was spreading it but rather a couple of members on it. I do agree that there are some members that have faced it but i wanted to know whether it was so widespread/un-rectifiable, that the particular member was dissuading future figo/aspire owners from purchasing the vehicle.

the Group is: 'Ford FIGO india owners Group', however i am unable to locate both the members comment and my reply to it, guess it has been deleted

Regards
Old 26th June 2017, 19:31   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey.
Can any current new Figo owners confirm if this pulling to one side is still present in newer cars? If any owner had any issues, was it solved? If yes was it the change of tyres ( MRF) or something else?

Currently there is some chatter on fb regarding this issue and people are being dissuaded from buying the car since according to some people, the issue is still present and the service center can't seem to solve it

Any insights would be appreciated.
My Figo has completed 20 months and 25k KMS and never once have I faced this issue. I do go for wheel alignment and balancing every 4-4.5k KMS and rotate the wheels along with the scheduled maintenance.
I think it's a simple matter of getting the wheels aligned with a competent mechanic (if the F.A.S.S. isnt satisfactory).
Don't mean to offend anybody but a really good car is being passed up by many enthusiasts due to mindless rumours.
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 08:29   #949
BHPian

Guys i have been facing this issue on my 3 months old Ford Figo diesel. There is a weird rattle everytime i slow down/lift off from the throttle from the engine compartment. This is happening from the time the car scraped over a huge speed bump. There is no underbody damage except a few scratches under the front bumper. Took the car to Eureka ford and they were unable to find the source of the rattle. Everything seemed to be tight and secured. Do any of you know what it could be?
Old 27th June 2017, 09:12   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
Guys i have been facing this issue on my 3 months old Ford Figo diesel. There is a weird rattle everytime i slow down/lift off from the throttle from the engine compartment. This is happening from the time the car scraped over a huge speed bump. There is no underbody damage except a few scratches under the front bumper. Took the car to Eureka ford and they were unable to find the source of the rattle. Everything seemed to be tight and secured. Do any of you know what it could be?
My car has always been quite noisy when coasting at extremely low rpms. Then there is also the case of the drive by wire system increasing engine speed to prevent it from stalling. This occurs at around 800 rpm and the car becomes very noisy when it does.
Old 27th June 2017, 15:50   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
My car has always been quite noisy when coasting at extremely low rpms. Then there is also the case of the drive by wire system increasing engine speed to prevent it from stalling. This occurs at around 800 rpm and the car becomes very noisy when it does.
I took the car to the service station again. They told me that clatter is a normal operation noise of the EGR. This was found in other figos as well..
Old 27th June 2017, 18:10   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
This wasn't at a low rpm. Actually this was happening around 2500 or so.
Old 27th June 2017, 19:08   #953
Senior - BHPian

Completed a ~1200kms round trip to Hyderabad and back over the long weekend of 3 days. The car has crossed 7000kms in just over 4 months. The drive was very comfortable owing to the good roads. The car with the 195-55/15 tyres performed very well and the road undulations were hardly felt inside the cabin. High speed stability was very good and I was able to steer with just my fingers for most of the drive. Heavy cross winds during certain stretches required a firm hold of the steering.

Braking with the bigger shoes is very confidence inspiring. There were few hairy moments when you get out of a flowing right hander at around 100kmph just to be greeted with a herd of around 500 sheep crossing the highway at a distance of 200 mts away from you!!! I am not kidding this happened twice and both the times the brakes and the tyres worked in tandem to bring the car to a halt without any drama. To put it in perspective, my son who was asleep in the backseat did not even wake up and we resumed as if it was a small hiccup.

The door to door distance was close to 600kms one way. It was covered with one bio & chai break both ways. Wife and son both commented that the drive and distance were not felt at all in the cabin and they were fresh even after a 600kms journey. Overall very happy with the purchase decision to go with the Figo.

Though I am interested to change the suspension to the one from the Figo sports some time down the line, the comfort offered by the stock suspension with the tyre upgrade to 15 inch ones has really made a difference in terms of handling over stock tyres whereas the ride is still very pliant and comfortable over slightly broken patches. So still undecided if i should switch suspension bits or not.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 21:08   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post

Check if the cladding above the front tires is secure. It was the culprit when I faced a similar issue some time back.
Old 28th June 2017, 15:26   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Though I am interested to change the suspension to the one from the Figo sports some time down the line, the comfort offered by the stock suspension with the tyre upgrade to 15 inch ones has really made a difference in terms of handling over stock tyres whereas the ride is still very pliant and comfortable over slightly broken patches. So still undecided if i should switch suspension bits or not.
If you are happy with the dynamics with the tyre upgrade, I'd suggest leaving the suspension as it is. Sure, a bit stiffer suspension might help pushing it harder, and you'd have probably bought this version had it been available back then, but then why fix something that ain't broken? Why compromise on comfort for the family? This way you have best of both the worlds
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 15:46   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Why compromise on comfort for the family? This way you have best of both the worlds
This was exactly why I was in two minds if i should go for the change or not. And you're right, had the sports variant been available at the time of purchase I would have surely bought it without second thoughts. Coming from the Fiesta Classic the family would have still found the suspension comfortable enough. But now with the normal edition suspension and the tyre upgrade, it feels much much better in comfort compared to the Classic and does not crash into craters or the vibes are not felt inside the cabin when you go over rough roads. Hence the apprehension to change it to the sports variant suspension. I guess I will stick to the current set up itself for now!!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:55   #957
BHPian

Replaced my 7 year old Gen 1 Figo with the new one. Blatantly copied karan561 and got the OE alloys and tires replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-figo.jpg  

joethomasv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:35   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Replaced my 7 year old Gen 1 Figo with the new one. Blatantly copied karan561 and got the OE alloys and tires replaced
Congratulations on your latest acquisition!!!

What was the cost of the alloys and the tyres?

And what did you get for your OEM alloys and tyres?
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:44   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Any reason why you did not opt for the Sports edition since it comes fitted with wider rubber and bigger wheels from the factory? Figo looks really good in white! (a bit biased since i own one in white too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
What was the cost of the alloys and the tyres? And what did you get for your OEM alloys and tyres?
If I may, in Bangalore, the OEM alloys get a buyback of 2k per and the Momo alloys cost 9k a piece. The conti mc5 tyres are 5400 per tyre and if the stock tyres are MRF you get a buy back of around 2300-2500 each based on your bargaining ability.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 3rd July 2017 at 15:45.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:39   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Congratulations on your latest acquisition!!!

What was the cost of the alloys and the tyres?

And what did you get for your OEM alloys and tyres?
Thankyou!
Like Abhinav said, momos were 9k each. I got the Yoko S drives instead of the Conti ( it wasn't in stock), cost me around 5.1k each.
The OE tires ( Apollos) and alloys were exchanged at 22k for a set of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Any reason why you did not opt for the Sports edition since it comes fitted with wider rubber and bigger wheels from the factory?
Thankyou!

I really wanted to get the Sports edition but the dealer here had no idea when a diesel will be available. They claimed they already had a huge backlog. This was the second best option.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks