Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 08:44   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I am here at the bikampady workshop as of now. The SA's diagnosed it to be an issue of the ac drain as of now. The water doesn't seem to be dripping down as it should. Only further work on the car wil confirm the issue though.
Any update on your car?
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 13:25   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Any update on your car?
The issue was confirmed to be of the ac drain. The guys at the workshop took fair amount of time to pin point the exact issue. So I had to leave the workshop after staying for an hour or so since I had some other work. A special mention to the guys at the ford workshop, they were indeed very resposive and worked well to pin point the issue. I am saying this because this was not the case as per my previous experiences in mandovi, i had a sqealing sound in my 800 that was never adressed even though i mentioned it multiple times. I received my car in the evening and was told that the drain pipe had got bent and water was flowing through the console area and reaching the rear end where it used to get logged. Was waiting to test and confirm if of he issue had been solved before posting here. And yeah it has been solved there is no water seepage since two days and the area is totally dry.

On a side note @samaspire the issue you stated regarding the faulty door design seems to have been faced by many. I had one aspire owner with me that day who stated the same issue when I mentioned mine. He told he faced it and it was never solved. However itseems mine was the first case regarding the ac drain at the workshop.

Last edited by blackbandit : 30th January 2017 at 13:53.
blackbandit is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 15:06   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yeah it has been solved there is no water seepage since two days and the area is totally dry.

He told he faced it and it was never solved.
Good to know. Now make sure that the mat dries off properly else it will start smelling. I had them remove my mat and dry it in the paint booth. But even that did not work so my mat is now drying in my balcony.

BTW I assume you went to the service centre, not the bodyshop (it's nearby). The guys there know how to fix the problem that I faced. It's a shame that the service centre guys don't know how.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 15:40   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Good to know. Now make sure that the mat dries off properly else it will start smelling. I had them remove my mat and dry it in the paint booth. But even that did not work so my mat is now drying in my balcony.

BTW I assume you went to the service centre, not the bodyshop (it's nearby). The guys there know how to fix the problem that I faced. It's a shame that the service centre guys don't know how.
The mat in mine has surprisingly dried off completely without any issues. It was slightly wet the day i received it and i kept an old thick cotton cloth to absorb the excess water from the mat. Yesterday had kept the vehicle open for sometime for the heat and it has dried up well. No sign of wetness at all. And I am talking about the full flooring mat. The accessory mat was removed the day i noticed the water seepage and i put it back today.

And yes i went to the service workshop. I am aware of the bodyshop which is next to the Advaith workshop. But i was asked to visit the workshop first by the padil folks when i had called to confirm and i am glad that they managed to solve my issue. As for now 10/10 to Ford from my side. Lets see how much the scores go down in the future. However i would be visiting the Padil service centre itself for the service visits since its more convenient for me and I am pretty familiar with the folks there and the sales rep Rivan(mentioning his name because i've noticed that he was involved with you as well) always seems to help me out and i've got a good relationship set up there due to my family contacts with Mr Umesh as well.

P.S. I was even dropped about 25kms away from the workshop to my destination by them in their vehicle and was even treated in quite a premium manner at the workshop, was offered tea, biscuits and it was like visiting a relatives house at the customer lounge. So overall ford seems to be trying hard to get customer satisfaction in all aspects. I am saying this because during my visits to the Mandovi workshop previously it was a totally opposite experience. The SA would quickly jot down the points and say car would be available by evening and would walk off to the next vehicle, there used to be very less communication and interaction of any sorts.

Last edited by blackbandit : 30th January 2017 at 15:52.
blackbandit is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:43   #830
BHPian

Recently, I had given my Figo for 20K KM service and the service was done ok. There was a slight creaking noise from the Front LH side door panel, if someone rests the arm on the armrest. The source of noise was the patch of foam on the door panel and the SA acknowledged it. They tried many things and the noise was reduced but after 2-3 days it re-occured.

Now, I received a survey call taking my feedback and though I was happy with the service, I mentioned the creaking noise problem. He took down the problem and said I would perhaps receive a mail or call survey once again.

Indeed, I received a mail survey which I forgot to fill up. A few days ago, I got a call from my dealer that you might have received a survey and requesting me to fill it up as it goes on record of my SA. I told him that I will fill up on weekend and she said she will remind me then; which she surely did.

So, I filled up the survey and mentioned about the co-occurrence of the creaking noise. The very next day, I got a call from my SA stating that he will check the creaking noise and will pick up the car on any day convenient to me.

The point I want to make is, Ford indeed seems very serious and are going all out about changing the quality of service and the perception that Ford are high maintenance. I am owning the car since 2.5 years and though the very first service experience was strictly OK (1 hour wait despite an appointment) the following experiences have seen drastic improvement to the point that I am happy.

Don't know if this is the case with only my dealer or pan-India, but for their own sake, I hope it is.
teemus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:28   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Recently, I had given my Figo for 20K KM service and the service was done ok. There was a slight creaking noise from the Front LH side door panel, if someone rests the arm on the armrest. The source of noise was the patch of foam on the door panel and the SA acknowledged it. They tried many things and the noise was reduced but after 2-3 days it re-occured.

Now, I received a survey call taking my feedback and though I was happy with the service, I mentioned the creaking noise problem. He took down the problem and said I would perhaps receive a mail or call survey once again.

Indeed, I received a mail survey which I forgot to fill up. A few days ago, I got a call from my dealer that you might have received a survey and requesting me to fill it up as it goes on record of my SA. I told him that I will fill up on weekend and she said she will remind me then; which she surely did.

So, I filled up the survey and mentioned about the co-occurrence of the creaking noise. The very next day, I got a call from my SA stating that he will check the creaking noise and will pick up the car on any day convenient to me.

The point I want to make is, Ford indeed seems very serious and are going all out about changing the quality of service and the perception that Ford are high maintenance. I am owning the car since 2.5 years and though the very first service experience was strictly OK (1 hour wait despite an appointment) the following experiences have seen drastic improvement to the point that I am happy.

Don't know if this is the case with only my dealer or pan-India, but for their own sake, I hope it is.
plus one to this ford service indeed deserves a mention. They are aiming towareds customer satisfaction. Even my dad who was first sceptical about ford at the begining is impressed by the way ford is responding to me. Even I got calls from ford india confirming if my issue was solved and as to how the dealeaship responed and if I was treated well. And itseems ford is very particular about the feedback survey these days. This was never the case when I used to keep my previous vehicle for service at maruti.
blackbandit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 11:20   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
plus one to this ford service indeed deserves a mention. They are aiming towareds customer satisfaction. Even my dad who was first sceptical about ford at the begining is impressed by the way ford is responding to me. Even I got calls from ford india confirming if my issue was solved and as to how the dealeaship responed and if I was treated well. And itseems ford is very particular about the feedback survey these days. This was never the case when I used to keep my previous vehicle for service at maruti.
Well, I had a a very negative first experience with Cauvery Ford's Baikampady workshop(Bodyshop), where they managed to mess up a simple accident re-paint job on the car and ended up ruining a majority of the car's driver's side. On top of that, were not bothered to respond to my complaint till the day I escalated the matter with Ford.
First major accident & Cauvery Ford’s Poor Response!!!

I am not sure if I will ever trust them again with a body work job on the car.
Old 4th February 2017, 12:47   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Well, I had a a very negative first experience with Cauvery Ford's Baikampady workshop(Bodyshop), where they managed to mess up a simple accident re-paint job on the car and ended up ruining a majority of the car's driver's side. On top of that, were not bothered to respond to my complaint till the day I escalated the matter with Ford.
First major accident & Cauvery Ford’s Poor Response!!!

I am not sure if I will ever trust them again with a body work job on the car.
well so far my experience with cauvery Ford has been good and they have been very responsive. Well this seems to the case with most ford owners - have enquired with quite a few In mangalore before and after purchasing my figo too. Probably you had that one unfortunate bad experience and your future experiences many turn out well or maybe they have improved now, since ford is even advertising their service these days it might as well be that they have tied a leash to these dealerships in the recent past

And as per your issue its quite common for the paints to not match. It was the same case with my friends swift as well. The dealership mandovi had rammed the vehicle during a test run when given to service and the bumper was replaced and the paint job is clearly evident now, the whites simply don't match. It was the same case with my friends red i20 as well, done at advaith few days back. Job was done to clear up a major scratch in the bumper and he says the paint job is not upto mark. So I guess its quite common for these workshops to mess up the paint job

Last edited by blackbandit : 4th February 2017 at 13:00.
blackbandit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 14:01   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And as per your issue its quite common for the paints to not match.
It wasn't a case of paint mismatch, may be you did not go through the link I posted.

The driver's side door was replaced with a new one as the dents could not repaired on the banged up door. All they had to do was to paint the new unpainted door *only*. Somehow, after keeping the car with them for 11 days, they managed to put paint overspray marks on the rear door, C-pillar and on the roof as well(noticed much later)- they were not even supposed to touch those areas in the car!!!

I had to get the entire driver's side re-painted from outside (Carz Spa, Mangalore) and they did a far better job in terms of paint matching and finishing (photos are there in the link I posted in my previous post).

It was a clear case of carelessness and irresponsibility on Cauvery Ford's part, something which they were not willing to accept or resolve till Ford Customer Care got involved.

Anyway, I have put that experience behind me and only hope that future experiences with them will be better.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 16:06   #835
BHPian

I just noticed a weird issue in my Figo diesel. The ignition switch has four positions off-accessories-on-ignition. Now when I turn the key from either accessories to on or back I get some weird irritating noise from the center of the dashboard which lasts a few seconds. This is obviously nothing mechanical from under the hood because the engine is off. I have no idea what it is. Has anyone faced this issue?
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 17:24   #836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
The source of noise was the patch of foam on the door panel and the SA acknowledged it. They tried many things and the noise was reduced but after 2-3 days it re-occured.

The point I want to make is, Ford indeed seems very serious and are going all out about changing the quality of service and the perception that Ford are high maintenance.

Point on Teemus! Ford has been exponentially getting better at its customer service, and the attention they give to the complaints or niggles reported is very well appreciated. I have had similar experiences here in Mumbai, and penned it in my report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4140250

Having said that, let me know if you get any solution to the creaking door pads. I thought it was just down to poor plastic quality.
methecupid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 20:11   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I just noticed a weird issue in my Figo diesel. The ignition switch has four positions off-accessories-on-ignition. Now when I turn the key from either accessories to on or back I get some weird irritating noise from the center of the dashboard which lasts a few seconds. This is obviously nothing mechanical from under the hood because the engine is off.
Is yours a Titanium/+ with automatic climate control (ACC)? When the ignition is turned to on/away from on, the ACC usually cycles some of the actuators (either the hot/cold blend door, or the recirculation mode). It is normally just a barely audible whirr, probably roughly as loud as the fuel pump priming itself.

However, if the sound is noticeably louder than this, please do get it checked out - it could be something from the outside stuck in the mechanism or it is jammed/failing.

If your car doesn't have ACC, then I'm at a loss to explain this sound.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:01   #838
BHPian

Yesterday a biker rammed into my car just outside my house.
Fortunately he didn't get hurt apart from a few minor bruises and a bent leg guard of his bike. Car took the max hit. Only saving grace is that the headlamps were spared.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170206-16.29.15.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170206-16.29.14.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170206-16.29.17.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170206-16.29.16.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170206-16.29.16-1.jpeg  

Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:24   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Yesterday a biker rammed into my car just outside my house. Car took the max hit. Only saving grace is that the headlamps were spared.
Ouch! Sorry to hear about and see your damage. Definitely not the way to celebrate the anniversary of your car :-(

Are the radiator, intercooler and AC condenser all intact? Those would be the things I worry about the most in a frontal impact with a narrow object like a bike, pole, etc.

Also, did the rider/bike end up on the hood? I notice the hood is also misaligned, it looks raised and shifted to the driver's side.

Seriously good news that the headlamps are intact, especially after the expense and effort you put in to convert them to projectors.

The damage does appear to have been well contained by the bumper, without spreading out too much. The hood can be tinkered back into shape, and with some work the alignment sorted out.

Were you able to obtain an estimate for the damage, and get any compensation from the biker? Or will you be going the insurance route.

Last edited by arunphilip : 7th February 2017 at 12:27.
Old 7th February 2017, 15:25   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ouch! Sorry to hear about and see your damage. Definitely not the way to celebrate the anniversary of your car :-(

Were you able to obtain an estimate for the damage, and get any compensation from the biker? Or will you be going the insurance route.
I have don't have much idea about the damage as I had to travel for some work, car is still parked at my house and needs to be carried to ASC which is around 25kms from my house. I hope that the damages are minimal. I had also renewed my insurance last week and had got NCB on that but now that will have to be updated in the new policy as this repair would be taken care under the old policy which is still in force till 11th of this month.

The biker didn't land on the bonnet but on the ground. The impact has caused that misalignment. He only had earphones on him and nothing else, was riding without a helmet.

TBH I was content that there were no injuries and broken bones in the incident.
Speedshift is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks