Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 11:04   #3136

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Question to all Baleno CVT Owners - When should the CVT transmission oil be replaced? My vehicle is currently due for 40K service.

Do you find any resistance in the accelerator pedal? Can you please try pressing the pedal fully when the car is not in motion?

Also, I hope you haven't placed a THICK door mat on the driver side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
This sounds a bit reversed. You say under hard acceleration, the rpm hardly went above 2k? This is an issue IMHO. When you accelerate hard, it means that the car has to rev. The car will hold gears and rpm will easily go upto 4k/5k. It staying in 2k is wrong for me.

For the ones that you say had pick up issues even with rpm in 3k, you were probably experiencing rubber band effect. From 0 if you floor the pedal, you will hear the car rev and it wont move with proportional accelerator. This is rubber band effect.

However during roll-on when you strongly accelerate (don't floor the pedal, it'll get confused), it'll pull very well.

Also based on the driver, the cars ECU might have adjusted differently. During the days that I drive sedately within city the car adjusts the responsiveness to my style of driving. After 2-3 weeks of such driving, on the weekend when I go on long drives, or on empty roads, the car feels sluggish as it wont respond. However after long weekend drives when I am back in the city, the car will feel very spirited for a few days until it settles back to my city driving routine.

I believe ECUs are designed to adjust to driver's driving styles in some form? Experts can comment.

Under very similar driving conditions, for one batch, I could reach the intended speeds at around 1.8k to <2k rpm. Where as for the other batch I had to rev upto 2.5k to reach exactly the same. There was also a distinct difference in how the accelerator felt during this initial acceleration. It felt considerably stiffer with lot of resistance in the bad batch whereas the good ones were very smooth with minimal resistance. Since the accelerator is sensor driven, I am perplexed at how they can feel so different.

Also as you said, during roll-on, with acceleration it did move swiftly - but only in the good batch. The other ones felt as if something is holding back the car and it didn't pull nicely at all.

Can the ECU driver-specific learning make such a big difference in how they drive?
Old 19th August 2019, 18:03   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
New Swift steering in Baleno (Plug & Play)

It will cost around 12k.
I just asked this question on the MGP parts thread!! 12 grand for the wheel? I want to do this swap and happy to know that it's possible. Will this void any warranty? And are all the steering wheel mounted controls working?
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 18:21   #3138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
I just asked this question on the MGP parts thread!! 12 grand for the wheel? I want to do this swap and happy to know that it's possible. Will this void any warranty? And are all the steering wheel mounted controls working?
Yes, it's possible. We had swapped and experimented it in demo cars of service centre. Steering controls work fine and no issue with airbag too.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 18:35   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, it's possible. We had swapped and experimented it in demo cars of service centre. Steering controls work fine and no issue with airbag too.
Thanks Dr!! Will do this mod soon.
Old 25th August 2019, 13:16   #3140
sbm
BHPian

Clutch noise in Baleno Zeta 1.2

Hello all. This is my first post at teambhp so pardon me for any errors. I am facing an issue in my Baleno Zeta 1.2 having odo reading of 30k kms. When I release the accelerator in second or third gear from 2k rpm. I could hear a noise coming from the left side of engine compartment and higher resistance is felt during coasting down compared to earlier. Its like a low pitch grunting noise. Then at a certain point around the idle rpm a jerk occurs and the resistance is gone. Also a clicking sound can be heard from the gearbox every time accelerator is pushed and released.The issue is only in 2nd and 3rd gears. Similar problem occured at 10k kms but at that time the noise came even in the 5th gear and it was more pronounced.At that time, the clutch plate was changed under warranty. The clutch does not shows any signs of wear. Anyone having any experience in this regard?
Old 25th August 2019, 20:55   #3141
BHPian

Re: Clutch noise in Baleno Zeta 1.2

I would highly request you to go to an authorized Nexa service station. If the car is under warranty, you have every right to charge them for this. Never had this problem, I believe the car might have some defective part in the clutch assembly. Always test the car after repair to ensure the problem is gone. Never accept your car if the service station claims that the problem has been fixed.
Old 25th August 2019, 22:23   #3142
Senior - BHPian

One possible cause of such symptom is bearing failure inside the gearbox. Do you notice any higher fuel consumption too?

As momsonlydriver suggested, please show the problem to the service station and get it rectified under warranty.
Old 26th August 2019, 00:05   #3143
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
One possible cause of such symptom is bearing failure inside the gearbox. Do you notice any higher fuel consumption too?

As momsonlydriver suggested, please show the problem to the service station and get it rectified under warranty.
Yes. The fuel consumption has also increased but as far as I remember, it was there before this noise appeared. I doubt that its a bearing failure because faulty bearings generally make periodic rubbing noises which are more prominent when acclerating and generally disappears when coasting down.
Old 26th August 2019, 08:35   #3144
BHPian

Hello SBM

The problem seems to be in Input or Output main shaft Bearing Seat or the Bearing.
Remain present all along the vehicle along with MASS technicians while they open the Gear box.

If there is problem of Bearing Seat in the engine or gear box casing, then they must replace the Casing, and not try to Fool you by aligning the Bearing more securely. In that case after some 2-3k kms the noises will restart coming.

BALENO is a particularly flimsy and weak Car.
I surprise Who in Maruti Suzuki and How they succeeded to sell that product to Toyota India ??

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello all. This is my first post at teambhp so pardon me for any errors. I am facing an issue in my Baleno Zeta 1.2 having odo reading of 30k kms. When I release the accelerator in second or third gear from 2k rpm. I could hear a noise coming from the left side of engine compartment and higher resistance is felt during coasting down compared to earlier. Its like a low pitch grunting noise. Then at a certain point around the idle rpm a jerk occurs and the resistance is gone. Also a clicking sound can be heard from the gearbox every time accelerator is pushed and released.The issue is only in 2nd and 3rd gears. Similar problem occured at 10k kms but at that time the noise came even in the 5th gear and it was more pronounced.At that time, the clutch plate was changed under warranty. The clutch does not shows any signs of wear. Anyone having any experience in this regard?

Last edited by Lightning2 : 26th August 2019 at 08:36.
Old 26th August 2019, 10:37   #3145
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning2 View Post
The problem seems to be in Input or Output main shaft Bearing Seat or the Bearing.
As I have mentioned in the post similar problem occured at 10k kms and the clutch plate was replaced under warranty. From 10k to 28k kms its was running fine. My concern is that how can the clutch fails so frequently. If have encountered a failed output shaft bearing in my Pulsar 150 and although gearbox of bike and car are very different but the principal is same.The kind of noise it made was entirely different from what I'm facing in my car. I will be taking the car to MASS soon and will tell them to check the input and output shaft bearing and casing too.

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2019 at 10:44. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 27th August 2019, 07:45   #3146

Baleno electronics reliability

Dear Team,
I am planning for a vehicle change and have zeroed in on the Baleno Delta Vs the Swift Vxi both petrol manual version.
It will be a self driven car with minimal usage in City and few long trips of around 1500KM 3-4 times a year. We are a family of 4 with an occasional guest.
Which car should i go for since the price of both are the similar.

The Baleno offers more features for the same price whereas the rear seating of swift is more comfortable.

Further are the Electronic devices on the Baleno prone to failure. I plan to keep the car for a longer duration say around 7 years.
Kindly give your valuable suggestions and thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2019, 18:53   #3147
BHPian

While being one of India's best selling model, Baleno has stuttered in sales in UK along with Celerio.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...o-axed-uk-sale
Old 29th August 2019, 20:10   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Just bumped into this video on YouTube, and it seems to be posted a couple days ago:

If this is really true and has not been posted before, it is just downright atrocious and makes me sick to the stomach!!
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 22:06   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Just bumped into this video on YouTube, and it seems to be posted a couple days ago:
I am shocked!!

This incident highlights the importance of a proper PDI one must do, always.

Can't rely upon any manufacturer, or should I say the incompetent dealership.
Old 13th September 2019, 17:39   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Re: Baleno electronics reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju.bala View Post
Which car should i go for since the price of both are the similar.

Further are the Electronic devices on the Baleno prone to failure. .
I have not heard of/not faced any electronics failure in Baleno.
Its longer and wider than Swift and also has bigger boot.

You can also consider IGNIS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks