Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 14:11   #3286
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour.
Hey, since you've now spent almost 2 years with the car, how about an ownership update? A friend is looking to buy a Baleno and would love your inputs on your car.

Regards,
Sayantan.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 10:07   #3287
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Aswin Saseedharan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hello Team BHP,

I am Aswin Saseedharan from Kerala and this is my daily driven Baleno. I bought this Baleno in 2016. I started with modifying the wheels to 17-inch 9J with 216/45 Nankang tyres. I noticed that sizing up the tyre size gave me better handling of the machine, but at the same time the riding comfort reduced because of the stock suspension. Also due to power, lag I decided on a ECU Remap from Petes Automotive. This helped me with a 20 HP increase in the stock bhp. After the Remap, I am impressed with the efficiency my car has while covering the high range. Till date, I have covered 85,000 KM. And yes, to give better care to my car, I always prefer using Liqui Moly Products.
Quote:
•Suzuki Baleno 1.3 L DDiS
•Pete's Performance Remap
• Brembo Brake Pads
• Performance Fully Synthetic Engine oil By Liqui Moly
•17" 9J Rims Wrapped in 215/45/R17
• Custom Cosmetic painting
• Lower Honeycomb Front Grill
• Chrome Delete
• Smoked Tail Lamps
• Aviary Dennison Wrapped By Wrapstyle
• Customized Black Interior
• Infinity, Focal Door components| KICKER Subwoofer| Hertz&Sony Amp| Pioneer Head unit
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-_mg_6735edit.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20191229_18005601.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20200110_17590901.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20200407_201403.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc02663.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-dsc02670.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20200423170856_instagram.jpg

Last edited by ChiragM : 27th April 2020 at 10:09.
ChiragM is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 15:12   #3288
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Aswin Saseedharan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Fantastic choice of rims! I'm also liking this lateral-dual tone paint job (unlike the usual top-bottom dual tone). Just get rid of the number "09" please.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 15:26   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the display on the dash? Could you get details on that please? Car looks good!
Old 27th April 2020, 17:32   #3290
BHPian

Quote:
In case someone wanted to see a detailed look, there is a YouTuber who have shared this car on his channel.I will be sharing the link below. I love the Aviary Dennison wrap on this car and searched further about it. Got to know that there is no official distributor in India. Do let me know if anyone knows, if they have any shop setup in India.

Last edited by Highh5 : 27th April 2020 at 17:34.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 20:01   #3291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I love the Aviary Dennison wrap on this car and searched further about it. Got to know that there is no official distributor in India. Do let me know if anyone knows, if they have any shop setup in India.
Avery Dennison is a popular wrap brand that primarily sells in USA and Canada. It is also widely used and available in India, but here I am not sure what is genuine and what is not. On the internet, I have come across suppliers quoting Rs.100 per meter of the vinyl, which is as much as what a no name Chinese vinyl will sell for. Hence I am really not sure of the authenticity. In fact there seems to be a manufacturing setup in Bangalore but not sure if this is for vinyl or some other product. Our own TBHP sticker also had an Avery logo on the backing paper sometime back when I installed it.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 17:00   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Does any one know what is the word from Maruti regarding the CVT fluid replacement schedule? I have read that CVT’s are very sensitive to scheduled oil changes and the life of this gearbox depends on it.

Was going through the owner’s manual today and was surprised to see that it shows I (inspect) for CVT oil all throughout, there is no replacement schedule. Is the gearbox sealed for life and the oil does not need replacement?
Attaching a screenshot.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-7991065191c043ca9398de552dd834d7.jpeg
Old 3rd May 2020, 19:56   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
. Do let me know if anyone knows, if they have any shop setup in India.
Not sure if Avery Dennison has an official setup in India, but I know for a fact that this detailing shop in Rajajinagar, Bangalore uses Avery Dennison wraps and PPFs.

I'm only a happy customer there and not affiliated to them in any way.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 17:47   #3294
BHPian

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea if the Baleno (2019 BS6 Alpha CVT) has hooks for floor mats? The Nexa mats that come with the car do have holes to accommodate hooks. I’ve tried feeling around on the floor with my hand but couldn’t feel a hook under the floor carpet. I was thinking about cutting into the floor carpet to find this, but it’ll be great if I can avoid doing that.

Your responses would be very helpful!

Cheers!
shaggydogg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 18:38   #3295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydogg View Post
Does anybody have an idea if the Baleno (2019 BS6 Alpha CVT) has hooks for floor mats? The Nexa mats that come with the car do have holes to accommodate hooks. I’ve tried feeling around on the floor with my hand but couldn’t feel a hook under the floor carpet. I was thinking about cutting into the floor carpet to find this, but it’ll be great if I can avoid doing that.
The hook for the Nexa floor mat in our 2015 Baleno was a plastic piece that was detachable from the floor carpet. This was not fitted from the showroom and was found inside the glovebox.

It's easy enough to fit in as there are two slits in the floor. Try looking for the hook(could be inside the glovebox, handrest storage etc.) within the car and check whether the slit for the same is available for the 2019 model.

If both are not available, you may have to ask at the showroom or service center.

Regards,
Abhinav
Old 29th May 2020, 09:17   #3296
Senior - BHPian

The car went in for the 3rd service/10000 kms yesterday, the car had covered 4600 kms and total bill for the same was INR 2800 which was as per estimate. This is one of the lowest figure i have paid in the past history for any of ours cars which had an oil change as apart from oil filter, nothing else was replaced. I had booked the service via nexa app for wednesday but no one turned up, i got a call from the dealer and told him about the same. They apologised and said they are taking very few cars for service and that is why they appointment may be have been cancelled so booked it for the next day.

I guess due to the covid 19 situation, Maruti has also started charging 350 for pick n drop, anyways got the car picked up around 9 am and they returned the car around 2:30 PM. Just the oil filter and oil was changed, switched to semi synthetic. The exterior wash as always was bad with water streak marks all over the car, also the workshop refused to redeem or load points in the nexa card which i would raise with Maruti later.

Nothing much to report and thankfully, i had no issues to tell and the car chugs along just fine. The SA did not hard sell any stupid add ons and it was a fuss free affair compared to Ford or VW, especially VW where they are not able to solve any niggles but always want to keep the car over night for a scheduled maintenance.

Also came across a nice nifty feature in smart play studio, the car keeps a record of your last 5 trips and last 5 refuelling mileage figures. Mine is a CVT driven in Delhi and it has recorded 14+ always from august onwards which is a respectable figure for an automatic petrol, that 17 figure must be from Dalhousie-Delhi trip.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1697-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1700.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th May 2020 at 09:20.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 14:36   #3297
BHPian

50K service and CVT transmission oil replacement update

Here's an update on the 50K service of my Baleno CVT (Zeta). Also, I wanted to get the CVT Transmission oil checked and replaced during this service.

Though the service manual doesn't mention anything regarding the inspection and replacement of CVT oil, I wanted the service centre to go ahead and replace.

So, I requested them to place the order before hand and notify me when they're ready.

This post might be the first to be documented on Team-BHP regarding the CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for Baleno CVT.

During this service, MASS made a quick call to NEXA technicians on the oil replacement. After getting the required instruction and procedure, they began the replacement. So similar to engine oil replacement, the CVT oil was drained and in went fresh CVT Fluid Green 2.

Total quantity consumed was about 2.2 litres.

It looks like MASS procures a 4litre ECSTAR CVT fluid can only based on customer's request.

Apart from this, I got a pair of rubber mudflaps fixed on the RS rear bumper.

MASS followed strict guidelines by sanitizing the vehicle before and after service. Also, fresh plastic covers on seat, gear knob and steering were once again provided during delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-50k-service-bill.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20200530wa0001.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 30th May 2020 at 14:51. Reason: Adding details regarding mud flaps and pic of car
Prodigy07 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:22   #3298
BHPian

Completed three years with my Ray Blue Baleno 1.2 Zeta run 21 K KM. Will pen a detailed 3 year review in some time.

Off late I observe the NVH levels of the car have gone up significantly, the outside noise is quite audible be it the engine noise or the outside atmosphere (traffic. etc). I am the only one to drive the car and that too on weekends only. Car is regularly serviced and been using Shell semisynthetic (0W-20) since last year. Tyres have lot of life in them and it's not the tyre noise i hear for sure.

Any other Baleno owners feel the same ? can anybody advise what could be the problem ?
Old 8th June 2020, 12:34   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Off late I observe the NVH levels of the car have gone up significantly, ?
Lockdown has reduced noise levels significantly, nothing else buddy.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 15:59   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Lockdown has reduced noise levels significantly, nothing else buddy.
I really wish if that could be the reason but my gut says something is not right. Car has never been so noisy before. Even my wife has noticed that who doesn't know anything on NVH

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks