Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 17:44   #586
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I got Autocop trackpro from dealer.
Also , please read "now I repent" instead of "not I repent" in my last comment.
Even I got the AutoCop TrackPro installed when I got my beast! Alternatively, I can suggest MatchPoint GPS also since I have that fitted on Tata Nano that I have and is equivalently good!

The only difference is that with AutoCop TrackPro you have to pay service renewal fee every 15 months or so and with MatchPoint GPS, the price is inclusive of 5 years of service fees.

Feature wise, I think they both are similar in nature barring a few minor differences.

Apart from this, I got the Sun Visors, Underbody Coating, floor mats (I must say that they were pathetic to say the least) and leatherette seat covers installed (all under package deal at that time).

Regarding the types, I agree with fellow BHPians comment that it depends upon whether you are going to do some off roading and taking the beast to the places where 4X2 cannot tread, then changing to A/T types makes sense else I have completed 55k+ on my stock tyres and they would run fine for another 8-10K fine as per the service advisors.

Looking forward for some pics!

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:21   #587
BHPian

Low Beam too short!

Folks,

Lately, I've observed the low beam (projector) is just not enough for even city driving! The rains and consequent road conditions have only made it worse; had some close calls recently which has made me start looking for alternatives in this area.
I browsed through the lighting thread and caught mixed reviews on the replacement LED H7s inside projectors. Higher wattage halogens also not feasible for warranty issues; can someone suggest any plug-n-play alternatives?!

Last edited by avinash_m : 30th August 2017 at 23:24. Reason: Bulb type typo
Old 31st August 2017, 00:06   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Low Beam too short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Lately, I've observed the low beam (projector) is just not enough for even city driving!
How old are the bulbs ? Have you replaced the bulbs ?

If you try HID's, then pls use 35W's. TML may object for 55W's.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 16:31   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Lately, I've observed the low beam (projector) is just not enough ..............
I had this issue, then I got the bulbs adjusted. Just turn the screw on top of the headlight assembly.
Else try the Osram night breaker unlimited bulbs. They're really good.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 22:44   #590
BHPian

Quote:
How old are the bulbs ? Have you replaced the bulbs ?
No Sir, still running the OE; haven't replaced yet.

Quote:
If you try HID's, then pls use 35W's. TML may object for 55W's.
Any pointers to a plug-n-play model/example? I thought they need an elaborate setup, with the ballast and all which need to be securely installed as well?! Thing is this will be a quick DIY mostly, so would like to keep it simple; still, please let me know of any good options if you've come across.

Quote:
I had this issue, then I got the bulbs adjusted. Just turn the screw on top of the headlight assembly.
Else try the Osram night breaker unlimited bulbs. They're really good.
Thanks; will try the adjustment route. However, I am tempted to order a pair as it looks like a sale is on on Aliexpress.
Old 1st September 2017, 10:03   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Lately, I've observed the low beam (projector) is just not enough for even city driving!
I sometimes use fog lamps along with the low beam to compensate for low illumination.

I have started noticing some vibrations in the beam on bad roads. Is it normal or I need to get it checked? The vibrations are like a beam from an after market cheap auxiliary lamps used by state transport buses.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:15   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I sometimes use fog lamps along with the low beam to compensate for low illumination.

I have started noticing some vibrations in the beam on bad roads. Is it normal or I need to get it checked? The vibrations are like a beam from an after market cheap auxiliary lamps used by state transport buses.
I had the same issue with the left side headlamp. They promptly replaced the unit with a new one. Working great now. Do get it replaced.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:38   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Even I got the AutoCop TrackPro installed when I got my beast! Alternatively, I can suggest MatchPoint GPS also since I have that fitted on Tata Nano that I have and is equivalently good!

The only difference is that with AutoCop TrackPro you have to pay service renewal fee every 15 months or so and with MatchPoint GPS, the price is inclusive of 5 years of service fees.
Thank you , will take the inputs onto the final selection

WRT tyres ,still in double minds, exchange of stock to AT michellin is approx 12.5K , immediate trips dont point out to extreme offroading, however with the investment of the 4x4 , under the hood of the beast you never know.

only challenge that i forsee is that if i dont change the tyres now, the next possible change will be once the stock have run out of life.

Fog lamps are still being deliberated.

PDI is tomorrow, will update post that.

cheers.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:49   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhatiam_okay View Post

WRT tyres ,still in double minds, exchange of stock to AT michellin is approx 12.5K , immediate trips dont point out to extreme offroading, however with the investment of the 4x4 , under the hood of the beast you never know.
Hi!

Not just off-roading but the Michelin would be a better bet in all possible situations. They should be better in braking, ride, handling, the on road behavior too would be better.

If a shop is willing to exchange and provide a decent buy back, would suggest to go ahead.

And Congratulations
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:36   #595
BHPian

Quote:
I always use the fogs along with the heads. While they serve the purpose increasing the spread lower down; overall, it's just too short in a straight line, that's my major problem. Will try out the screw adjustment (DIY) and report back.
Old 3rd September 2017, 21:10   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

only challenge that i forsee is that if i dont change the tyres now, the next possible change will be once the stock have run out of life.

cheers.
I will still advise you to for AT tyres if its not too much of a financial strain. You are right, you will be stuck with stock for next 60000kms as is the case with me. I wish I had done the the swap at the right time.
Old 5th September 2017, 17:17   #597
BHPian

Motorbeam has come up with a sort of funny video, where they compare Safari with Scorpio for drag racing, on road and off road. Watch till the end for a twist.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 17:32   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

cheers.
You cannot imagine the difference that AT tyres make. We have seen the difference with psurelia's Storme. With stock Bridgestone duelers it got stuck easily in mud but with the Michelin ltx at2 it performed better than several other 4wds. A video of the storme with LTX AT2 in slush -

In this place the Storme performed the best of the lot.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 18:15   #599
BHPian

Ahem Ahem Ahem
I will start this post with a big thanks to myself (for favouring heart over mindclap and my better half for supporting me in this craziness.

this journey wasn't possible without expert advice and time provided by Sourabhzen, Navpreet318, Condor, iabhishekkumar, avinash_m, n.Devdath, Blackpearl, Sheel and list of passionate owners who've posted their hearts out with reference to Safari and the vehicle it is.

The truck was grandly taken from the showroom on thursday, followed up by a AT changeover to yokohama.

Today the list of accessories that were decked/lined up were Gear lock, steering cover, phone holder,floor mats(plastic), Mosfet vehicle tracking system and Seat covers ordered for ( expected delivery date in 7-10 days).

The drive and the feeling is beyond compare, the experience at Pahwa motors was great. Need to check their A.S.S centre at okhla in due time.

Having said that , the first niggle wrt the ORVM making sound while opening today is like Deja-vu . have no clue what caused it, since i had already instructed my cleaner not to touch the ORVM and i haven't left the truck out of my sight during the accessorizing. But that is i guess the part and parcel of owning a piece of legacy called Safari Storme

Seriously thanks folks , rather friends for sparing your time, energies and advice for a novice out to own his truck. Camera Pics to follow.
the ones taken from mobile are below .

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img20170907wa0051.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img20170908wa0027.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img20170908wa0021.jpg

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2017 at 13:57. Reason: See mod note
iamwhatiam_okay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 18:55   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will start this post with a big thanks to myself (for favouring heart over) and my better half for supporting me in this craziness.
CONGRATS - to both of you !> Here's wishing you a long, happy ownership. May you have many more and longer journeys now on !

Quote:
The truck was grandly taken from the showroom on thursday, followed up by a AT changeover to yokohama.
Did you get the new Yoko AT's ?

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2017 at 13:58. Reason: Quoted text edited
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks