Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 00:44   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Thank you!Here they are:

Looks like stock alloys painted black ? Where did you get it done ? They are complementing the character of the Storme quite well especially with that Pearl White color.
Old 4th October 2016, 00:55   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!:
Congrats sourabh. One more pearl white storme in team bhp!

What is that chrome thing on rear door visor? In the first few pictures it looks black. Or is it just a reflection?
Old 4th October 2016, 10:07   #438
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Looks like stock alloys painted black ? Where did you get it done ? They are complementing the character of the Storme quite well especially with that Pearl White color.
Yes, I got them painted at the dealership and it is quite well executed. Yes, they compliment the character of pearl white Storme, I like them a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Congrats sourabh.
What is that chrome thing on rear door visor? In the first few pictures it looks black. Or is it just a reflection?
Thank you!
It is just a reflection, visors are all black.
Old 4th October 2016, 12:29   #439
Aum
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Hi Sourabhzen,
Congrats on your purchase, wish you many happy miles with the beast. I see we share same city, I am also in final stages of finalizing my ride. It would be great taking your inputs and suggestions on the same. if you don't mind, can we talk briefly on the same. Please share your number.

Quote:
Contact Concorde Motors South EX and ask for Tarun Saini.
Thanks Tarun has promised to get me TD vehicle today. unfortunately it is only 4x2 that is available but this will do. Thank you so much for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
There is a TML showroom in Dwarka, near Rajapuri I believe. You can give them a try.

If you have posted on Twitter, rest assured you will get a call atleast from Concorde. They may even provide you a TD at your place.

I had a similar experience when I tried to book a TD for Tiago. It was going nowhere. But once I posted on Twitter, they followed up diligently and offered me a TD in Gurgaon. Surprisingly, they came all the way from South Ex on a monday morning. Once the test drive was done, they may have simply closed the case, and I have never got any call/followup from them.
Alas my experience has not been same. Though i did get reply on Facebook asking for my contact details, provided immediately but they vanished after that.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2016 at 13:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 4th October 2016, 14:53   #440

(Note to the Moderator: I guess, I can not create a new post, so sharing this travelogue here. Please feel free to shift it to some other appropriate location).

Sharing my recent travel experience visiting Apple Orchards at Thanedaar, Himachal Pradesh.

For the last couple of weeks, I wanted to plan a 3 day trip to visit apple orchards near Narkanda / Thanedaar in Himachal, but it couldn’t happen, thanks to Chickengunia fever. Then decided to make it a shorter trip - only Sat / Sun, Oct 1-2, - and start from my place at Gurgaon, early morning 3:00 am.

But, it was not to happen. My wife didn't feel like travelling - we had yet to recover fully from Chickengunia. However, mere thought that apple season is about to end in Himachal and I will not be able to see the apple in the orchards during this season, I decided to travel. But, there is one problem - it was almost 12:15 pm on Saturday afternoon and I had to return back to attend office from Monday. So, I had less than two full days, but I knew I am going to enjoy the drive and visit to apple orchards is an excuse!!!!!!

So, I started from Gurgaon at 12:30 pm with my family - wife and son. We met heavy traffic while crossing Delhi and then between Kasauli and Solan. After crossing Solan, I knew, I will not be able to reach Narkanda. So, I decided to spend the night at Chail and enquired about room availability at Chail Palace and found it. But...

On the way, I saw Sadhupul and realised that there is a very beautiful jungle camp nearby where I stayed when I came for MTB Shimla cycle race. My wife kept on googling for the name of the camp, but we couldn’t find it. By the time, we touched Sadhupul, I saw a signage for 'Trail Himalayas' jungle camp- there it is. A quick call later, we found that one tent is available there. So, there we are. We started following the signages - exacly three signage in the course of more than 7 km of off-roading in the jungle. After few kms, we called the Trail Himalayas guy again to confirm the route, but could not reach him. Then I realized that, today, I am not even carrying a torch and the track (off-road track on mountain) is so narrow that it will be next to impossible to reverse the vehicle, if required. And it was 8:30 pm. Of course, you don’t see anyone to find out where you are and where you are heading to. My family had there fingers crossed.

We reached the end of this off-road track; thankfully, the camp guys were there to welcome us and take us to the camp. It was some 200 mt of further going downhill. I know, my family was cursing me.

Finally we were there. The place is so beautiful that once you are there, you forget everything. Next day morning, we took lot of photographs and beautiful memories.
So, what happened to my visit to apple orchards? I had to go there.

So we started from the camp site at 9:00 am, crossed Chail, Chinibangla, Kufri and we were on the road to Narkanda. I had to take a call about when to return back (remember, I have to be in office next day morning). I decided to drive till 1:30 pm and then take a U-turn. Reached Narkanda, turned towards Thanedaar. Enquired at couple of places about where we can see apple orchards (this is end of the session). Found an apple orchard. Ate lot of apples and bought couple of crates, some 50 kg. It was already 3:00 pm - we had to return back.

Returned via Shimla. Met traffic jams, because of a 'mela' somewhere on the way and of course, bad road from Solan to Kasauli.

Reached home 3:15 am, past mid-night. So, during less than 39 hours of journey, I slept for 7 hours, moved around the camp for 2h30 mins and rest all was driving (minus time for food, tea/coffee, etc.). Almost 950 kms of driving. All this for what – to spend one hour at the apple orchards?

Nah!!! As I mentioned earlier, visit to apple orchards was an excuse, I was there to enjoy the drive on my beast, named 'Rhino'.Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-01_2_01_img20161003_wa0009.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-02_110_dsc_0184_lr.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-03_225_img20161003wa0029.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-04_226_img20161003wa0040.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-05_227_img20161003wa0034.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-06_230_img20161003wa0026_ed.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-07_239_img20161003wa0005.jpg
callrakesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 16:30   #441
Aum
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Got first quote from dealer today. I don't think this is the best quote hence requesting your inputs.

Ex Showroom 1530774
Insurance 63775
Delhi Registration 211418
Extended Warranty 7165
AMC 2Yr 40000 KM 21910
Basic KIT 5064
Zero Dept Insurance 4877
Total 1844983
Discount
Insurance 63775
Exchange Bonus 20000
Cash Discount 10000
Total Discount 93775
Net On Road 1751208

Also I am particularly interested in knowing if AMC offered is only for 40000?

Regards,
Aum
Aum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 19:37   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Hi Folks,
Got first quote from dealer today. I don't think this is the best quote hence requesting your inputs.

Ex Showroom 1530774
Insurance 63775
Extended Warranty 7165
AMC 2Yr 40000 KM 21910
Basic KIT 5064
Zero Dept Insurance 4877
Total 1844983
Discount
Insurance 63775
Exchange Bonus 20000
Cash Discount 10000
Total Discount 93775
Net On Road 1751208

Regards,
Aum
AMC (Gold) is available for 3yrs /60k kms @ 45000 Rs or there abouts. I have taken it for my Storme EX.
Old 8th October 2016, 20:42   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
Hi Folks,

Ex Showroom 1530774
Insurance 63775
Extended Warranty 7165
AMC 2Yr 40000 KM 21910
Basic KIT 5064
Zero Dept Insurance 4877
Total 1844983
Discount
Insurance 63775
Exchange Bonus 20000
Cash Discount 10000
Total Discount 93775
Net On Road 1751208

Regards,
Aum
Hello
I presume this quote is for VX 4x4.

As far as I know there are only two options in AMC. As mentioned by Seek, It's for 3yrs/60000kms costing around 45k INR. Another one given only in special circumstances is AMC for 1 lakh Kms costing around 96k INR. This info is given to me by the Regional service manager of TML, as my dealership booked my AMC as per previous gen Storme service intervals i.e every 15k Kms, which isn't valid anymore.

What they have offered you might be correct as it covers in multiples of 20k Kms. So you can choose depending on your vehicle usage. You can opt for Silver AMC anytime after your Gold expires.

As far as quote is concerned, I think it's a pretty good deal. The over all discount I got was very less, though it was in the first quarter of the year.

I also suggest to consider Hexa, unless you're a diehard fan of Safari /Storme.

Over all I sound like a TML salesman
Old 13th October 2016, 17:14   #444
Senior - BHPian

Some of my observations after limited use (~300kms, all in city) are as follows:
  • The engine fires only after pressing the clutch while cranking.
  • Push the indicator stalk slightly and the indicators blink thrice ti indicate lane changing.
  • The cabin surely insulates me from outside world. It adds to the stress free driving.
  • Though I have not tried, but wheel spin seems to be remote possibility while starting from a stand still position, power delivery is very smooth.
  • There is no place to hide my laptop bag inside the car. Will have to carry it every time I park it for some time.
  • Speed sensing volume control is excellent. However, it seems the volume increases or decreases in steps.
  • I could not find 'Harman Kardon' written anywhere. Is the sytem really from Harman? Sound quality is good.
  • I really want to install the dashboard analog clock. Any help will be appreciated. Concorde has no solution to this requirement.
  • I can drive by keeping my elbows on the armrests. It feels like driving while sitting on a sofa
  • Rear parking sensors are rudimentary, could have been better.
  • Slotting in 5th gear is not always smooth. Sometimes I fiddle to find the slot. I hope I will get used to it. Slotting in reverse requires even more efforts. This might be due to installed gear lock.
  • Low beam is strictly for city use only.
  • The muddy water splashes in side the door sills. Though it does not enter the cabin, they stain the sills.
  • There is a slight depression on the roof at the rear end above the third row seats. Does it have any function?
  • The wipers wipes the glass again after few seconds of use of wash wipe function. Cool!
  • The wipers stay in a bit higher position above the bonnet. Not cool!
That's all I could think of right now. I will love to put up a detailed ownership review after a couple of months of use. For now I am enjoying the truck.
sourabhzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 23:43   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
UPDATE on the AC Issue:

The issue has been diagnosed to a faulty electronic temperature control knob; reason for the temperature changes not being apparent, or, getting stuck in higher/warmer temperature only, specially while using the defogger.
UPDATE 2: AC Issue

The truck is back and I am glad to inform that the AC temperature control is now behaving as expected. I did a simple test of randomly rotating the knob between full cold and hot along with intermediate positions.
At first, it seemed like it did not work as I couldn't feel any warm air on changing to hot. SA and mech. informed that it'll once the engine reaches optimum operating temperature; the engine was indeed cold. So I took them along for a small test drive to check and after about a 10 mins drive, it started reacting to my inputs on the temperature knob; Finally!!

On inquiring I was shown the faulty part; a sealed black plastic box of may be 4X4 inch with a plastic gear in the middle, the size of a pencil diameter; it was 'Made in China'. Interestingly, I was refused to carry the faulty part back with me for want of warranty claims from dealer end with the factory. In fact, the SA was visibly scared/surprised when I asked if I could take a picture at least; was given some random reason again not to. I didn't push it as I'd to get back to work.

Separate Observations on Overall service.

1. Right front door rattle seems 90% fixed; I could still hear it sometimes.
2. Asked them to rotate the running tyres; I was told they've but can't make out.
3. The truck was duly washed as requested but the seat covers are in a mess; will have to remove and get them washed at home. Why can't they just use a simple plastic sheet to cover at least the front seats?
4. I was promised that the few surface scratches would be removed by rubbing but that wasn't done.
5. AMC has been paid for and is supposedly active but I don't have anything except receipt for reference.

Really hoping now that I don't have to make any more such unscheduled visits to the service center and actually get to enjoy the drives.

CHEERS!!
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 00:33   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... it was 'Made in China'. Interestingly, I was refused to carry the faulty part back with me for want of warranty claims from dealer end with the factory. In fact, the SA was visibly scared/surprised when I asked if I could take a picture at least; was given some random reason again not to. I didn't push it as I'd to get back to work.
Whoa! I believed Tata had improved on quality! But then again, its not like Chinese commodities are necessarily bad quality.

Quote:
4. I was promised that the few surface scratches would be removed by rubbing but that wasn't done.
I'm surprised they offered this! If you're sure they didn't expect to be paid for it, then I'm impressed with this offer. Maybe you can ask them to get it done when you're free to drop off your car with them next time.

Quote:
5. AMC has been paid for and is supposedly active but I don't have anything except receipt for reference...
Download the Tata Motors "TMSC" App from Google play Store now! LINK

Tata has developed an Android (& iOS too I think) app that'll give you all the details regarding all your service center visits and your AMC related details.

Please do not ignore this because I was a victim of the Tata ASC in Bangalore that created fake job cards 3 times to siphon off the consumables that my car was entitled to through AMC, and earlier this year, this app was a key tool for me to show Tata what was happening. Although Tata Motors did nothing, just like the earlier 2 times. But atleast it'll be documented & saved on the cloud / somewhere online.

The App will also allow you to book service etc.

Regards

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 14th October 2016 at 00:42.
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 17:05   #447
BHPian

Has anyone tried to replace the rear side-facing kid-seats with a front facing bench?

Any issues/suggestions? (I am anticipating the first suggestion would be to go for the Hexa )

Anyone tried to install seatbelts for the last bench? Thank you.
Old 19th November 2016, 16:47   #448
BHPian

Folks,

Has anyone installed a good non-slip material steering wheel cover; would appreciate any pointers on this as I don't feel confident with the std. wheel?! I've already burnt some money on one (stitch type) which post installation still felt 'slippy'; got it removed after couple of months.

Thanks,
Old 20th November 2016, 10:32   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Has anyone installed a good non-slip material steering wheel cover; would appreciate any pointers on this as I don't feel confident with the std. wheel?! I've already burnt some money on one (stitch type) which post installation still felt 'slippy'; got it removed after couple of months.

Thanks,
I thought the standard texture on the steering is a good enough. The couple of grips given on either extremes help get a good hold.

I have faced a lot of "slippiness" with the gear shift knob..especially while putting it into first. A few times the hand has slipped off and the knuckles go crashing into the music system display!!
Old 20th November 2016, 15:06   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone installed a good non-slip material steering wheel cover; would appreciate any pointers on this as I don't feel confident with the std. wheel?!
Yes, have been using one since I got my Storme. Check with any leather seat works shop. It's routine stuff for them.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks