Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 21:19   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Thanks!! It's on the left side against the A pillar; remember I'd asked you about it!? True; I also haven't gotten used to looking at it, relying mostly on mirrors except when at really tight spots. Do have to say though, that the visibility is really good even at night.
Oh yes, I recollect now! And 10/10 to the quality for night visibility of the camera. Especially countering the glare when you are reversing back into flowing traffic. Gives you a clear view even then. Useful for all such situations.
Old 16th June 2016, 15:01   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Has anyone used the OEM bug deflector? Is it any use. Bugs are a major issue on the highway. To the extent that visibility goes to nearly zero. There are so so many of them on the highway in the evenings.
Any of you experienced it yet?
Old 19th June 2016, 16:40   #363
BHPian

Hey guys,
Is this camera a genuine Tata accessory or is it a third party accessory? If it is a genuine Tata accessory can somebody specify a part number/ accessory number, here at Dehradun the sales representative i talked to was talking about some rear view mirror which doubles up as a screen for camera while reversing, i am contemplating towards buying a storme soon and when i visited the showroom i discovered that the varicor 400 is now offered in the EX Version too! i thought that it was only available in VX, either i was not properly updated or it is a new development, nevertheless if someone can post a picture of the lcd screen and the camera/ packing etc. it would be of great help.
Thanks guys.

Last edited by makanaka : 19th June 2016 at 16:42. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
Old 19th June 2016, 17:31   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
Hey guys,
Is this camera a genuine Tata accessory or is it a third party accessory? If it is a genuine Tata accessory can somebody specify a part number/ accessory number, here at Dehradun the sales representative i talked to was talking about some rear view mirror which doubles up as a screen for camera while reversing, i am contemplating towards buying a storme soon and when i visited the showroom i discovered that the varicor 400 is now offered in the EX Version too! i thought that it was only available in VX, either i was not properly updated or it is a new development, nevertheless if someone can post a picture of the lcd screen and the camera/ packing etc. it would be of great help.
Thanks guys.
Hi Makanaka,
Yes, the camera is a genuine Tata accessory. I dont have the part number (will try to locate it). Enclosed is the cover page of the installation manual that came with it.

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img_20160619_172302.jpg

I recollect asking the Sales guy during the purchase if I can opt for the rear view mirror type one but IIRC his answer was the only one that comes is the dash type (or it was out of stock, not entirely sure).

Pictures are also in my ownership thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3898345

400NM in EX??? That is news!! I just picked my EX in Jan this year and was feeling bad that I couldnt get the 400NM (VX was out of reach). Only solace at that time was EX doesn't come with 400NM. Now its a case of sour grapes for me

BTW, how much is the price difference in the 320 NM and 400 NM in EX? the same 15-20 K as the VX?
Old 19th June 2016, 18:02   #365
BHPian

Does anyone know if this is the same camera used on the Safari Dicor 3.0 VX (which was integrated in the bumper and the screen in the rearview mirror) - need another one...
Old 19th June 2016, 18:51   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Does anyone know if this is the same camera used on the Safari Dicor 3.0 VX (which was integrated in the bumper and the screen in the rearview mirror) - need another one...
You can get both types. The RVM type is expensive. Normally TASS quotes around 18k INR for this model and It is exactly the same unit offered earlier in dicor vx versions. OEM is tropicool and you might be able to get it at around 14k from them.

Seeing the price difference I went for the dashboard type. At 4.6k INR it is worth every penny.

Last edited by BipB : 19th June 2016 at 18:53.
Old 19th June 2016, 20:14   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
You can get both types. The RVM type is expensive. Normally TASS quotes around 18k INR for this model and It is exactly the same unit offered earlier in dicor vx versions. OEM is tropicool and you might be able to get it at around 14k from them.
I just need the camera, so I guess I will have to contact Tropicool then - or try to find a (working) camera somewhere at a used parts place...
Old 20th June 2016, 12:57   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Has anyone used the OEM bug deflector? Is it any use. Bugs are a major issue on the highway. To the extent that visibility goes to nearly zero. There are so so many of them on the highway in the evenings.
Any of you experienced it yet?
I did give it a thought when I was taking delivery but let it go because of a weird thought; fixing it will probably cause water accumulation and also one may not be able to pose if trying to sit on the hood!

Seriously though, I thought the deflectors should have an up-sweep towards the windscreen end, to catch the insects since Storme windscreen is so tall?! Anyway, my dealer never gave me a quote nor had a sample to show even when I asked; hence dropped the idea.
Old 29th June 2016, 07:36   #369
BHPian

I found a surprise feature in the beast today after close to 6 months of ownership! If the front wipers are on and you engage the reverse gear, the rear wipers automatically come on!! Very thoughtful feature. Not sure if its the standard in cars these days. Was a surprise discovery for me
Seek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 07:52   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
I found a surprise feature in the beast today after close to 6 months of ownership! If the front wipers are on and you engage the reverse gear, the rear wipers automatically come on!! Very thoughtful feature. Not sure if its the standard in cars these days. Was a surprise discovery for me
There are lot of thoughtful features which are not advertised. For example the mid can set the intensity of all lights including the back lit buttons. The wiper has speed settings for intermittent wipe, the strong torque and precise gearing ensures driving like an automatic with few gear changes, the ecu allows crawling up a 15 degree incline in 1st with zero throttle or driving at 55 kmph in 5th again with zero throttle, the visibility and articulation plus ground clearance is so good that I could drive offroad in 4x2 on coffee plantation trails on which only 4×4 gypsies go and on the same trails where a members fortuner got scratched due narrow roads my car is scratch free...
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 09:41   #371
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The same feature was present in my 2008 Indica Vista Qjet Aura model also.

Instrument cluster dimming was also present in Vista

In ARIA even base model Pure LX gets heated OVRM's , one touch down power windows in all windows.

Only that TATA is not proactive in advertising them for reasons best known to them
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:57   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
There are lot of thoughtful features which are not advertised. For example the mid can set the intensity of all lights including the back lit buttons. The wiper has speed settings for intermittent wipe, the strong torque and precise gearing ensures driving like an automatic with few gear changes, the ecu allows crawling up a 15 degree incline in 1st with zero throttle or driving at 55 kmph in 5th again with zero throttle, the visibility and articulation plus ground clearance is so good that I could drive offroad in 4x2 on coffee plantation trails on which only 4×4 gypsies go and on the same trails where a members fortuner got scratched due narrow roads my car is scratch free...
Yes. Another useful one is the call over the bluetooth continues even if you turn off the engine during the call (e.g parked the car). After the call is over, the system turns itself off.

How was the experience in the plantation? Did you encounter slush? Any extra rattles at the end of your trip? I will similarly be off to a friends estate in August and its a mainly 4x4 territory where i will be taking my 4x2 storme alongwith his Thar (hoping the thar can rescue the storme incase of an eventuality!). Expecting a lot of slush there apart from some shallow stream crossings and rocks.
Seek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 17:29   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Another useful one is the call over the bluetooth continues even if you turn off the engine during the call (e.g parked the car). After the call is over, the system turns itself off.

How was the experience in the plantation? Did you encounter slush? Any extra rattles at the end of your trip? I will similarly be off to a friends estate in August and its a mainly 4x4 territory where i will be taking my 4x2 storme alongwith his Thar (hoping the thar can rescue the storme incase of an eventuality!). Expecting a lot of slush there apart from some shallow stream crossings and rocks.
Thanks!! The offroading was an eyeopener about the beast's offroad capability. 4x2 can't handle slush..during rains it's pure 4x4 territory no questions asked. Honestly I didn't and still don't have any rattles in my car. I lubricate all hinges and soften rubber every 2 months.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 20:23   #374
BHPian

For fellow STORME owner's, a good news.

There is a new adventure kit doing rounds, which includes similar iron man front bull bar + "rear mountable spare wheel" on the lines of flexible swing arm. Looked good. Please reach out to your dealers for info on this. The approx. price I got to know is 80K for whole package.

Front bumper
Rear swing arm for spare wheel.
Side step platform. And few extra.
Kams_cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:27   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
For fellow STORME owner's, a good news.

There is a new adventure kit doing rounds, which includes similar iron man front bull bar + "rear mountable spare wheel" on the lines of flexible swing arm. Looked good. Please reach out to your dealers for info on this. The approx. price I got to know is 80K for whole package.

Front bumper
Rear swing arm for spare wheel.
Side step platform. And few extra.
Old news.

Tata Safari Storme TUFF Edition showcased at Expo.

jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks