Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 09:02   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I've penned down quite an exhaustive ownership review celebrating nearly 5000kms on the odometer. Thread's live guys.
Thank you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cor-400nm.html.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Hey doc; not sure if its just me but I can't open the URL. It tells me I don't have the right permissions?!

Please have the mods look into it.
Hey Avinash, you are not the only one. Even I am facing the permission issues, while trying to open doc_zeus' thread. Seems it has not yet gone live. doc_zeus, I would suggest you to once again request the moderators to make it live for public.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:42   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Hi, any link to the rubber softner polish, or any particular brand you'd suggest? Thanks
Dear Navpreet - try "Johnson's Baby Powder" and see, I've been doing it for almost 40 years now! . Try it on a small patch on the lower side of the B pillar trim and then decide for yourself, many people did not like the aroma.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:02   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Navpreet - try "Johnson's Baby Powder" and see, I've been doing it for almost 40 years now! . Try it on a small patch on the lower side of the B pillar trim and then decide for yourself, many people did not like the aroma.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Dear sir, I met a person in Calcutta who runs an automatic car wash facility. He advised to use boro-plus antiseptic cream in the hinges to keep them well lubricated. He too said he's been using it for the past many years.

I'm yet to try it but seems that these consumer skin products are very famous among the older car aficionados.
I'll try the johnsons baby powder after the car comes back from Tata tomorrow. I'm hoping the workshop is able to do it. Else baby powder it is. Hahaha.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:24   #289
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey Avinash, you are not the only one. Even I am facing the permission issues, while trying to open doc_zeus' thread. Seems it has not yet gone live. doc_zeus, I would suggest you to once again request the moderators to make it live for public.
+1

Mods please make it live.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:43   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Hey doc; not sure if its just me but I can't open the URL. It tells me I don't have the right permissions?!

Please have the mods look into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
My apologies for the delay guys. My thread is in Assembly line section waiting to be moved to appropriate section. I've finalised the changes in the thread and reported it to the mods. Let's wait and see.
Thank you.
doc_zeus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 14:38   #291
Senior - BHPian

Rear door is squeaking badly, TASS not able to rectify it.

Any one else facing this issue?

Odo is at 17k km.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Rear door is squeaking badly, TASS not able to rectify it.

Any one else facing this issue?

Odo is at 17k km.
Could you detail this issue a bit? Always squeaking? Or over bad roads?

I've accidentally tried something regarding chassis stiffness. I parked the car with the from wheel on a slight incline in front of a shop to buy something. And then opened and closed the rear door to place the item bought. It definitely made a different sound than normal operation.

I feel there is a certain amount of play in the chassis and body. Surprisingly. None the less I'm taking it tomorrow to TASS. Hoping to have issues sorted.
Old 27th April 2016, 16:12   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you detail this issue a bit? Always squeaking? Or over bad roads?
Its always squeaking, even on smooth roads.
Old 29th April 2016, 12:39   #294
BHPian

Hi, I have a refreshed storme EX and saw a test drive storme with nice "Storme" decals on the body cladding. The decals are only on the initial slope of the cladding from the top. Rear door cladding says "storme" followed by checkered boxes and on the front door cladding there are only checkered boxes, all in dark grey. Unable to get a picture and hence this description.

Any idea if this comes straight from the factory in the 2016 model or is it just a TD vehicle decal. Looks pretty cool and I wanted to source these for my storme.
Old 29th April 2016, 12:43   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Hi, I have a refreshed storme EX and saw a test drive storme with nice "Storme" decals on the body cladding. The decals are only on the initial slope of the cladding from the top. Rear door cladding says "storme" followed by checkered boxes and on the front door cladding there are only checkered boxes, all in dark grey. Unable to get a picture and hence this description.

Any idea if this comes straight from the factory in the 2016 model or is it just a TD vehicle decal. Looks pretty cool and I wanted to source these for my storme.

You mean to say this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...w-dsc_2576.jpg

Doc Zeus has this on his Storme. Come to think of it, Doc, could you tell us the part number for this decal? I'd like to get one for my Strome as well. Looks rather nice.

Here is the link to the post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3938297
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 12:48   #296
BHPian

Quote:
You mean to say this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...w-dsc_2576.jpg

Doc Zeus has this on his Storme. Come to think of it, Doc, could you tell us the part number for this decal? I'd like to get one for my Strome as well. Looks rather nice.

Here is the link to the post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3938297
Thanks Navpreet, you did what google couldn't do for me Yes, those are the decals and since my beast is pearl white, the grey decals will look good and add some contrast IMO. Hi Doc, Pls let us know the part number!
Old 29th April 2016, 22:29   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Come to think of it, Doc, could you tell us the part number for this decal? I'd like to get one for my Strome as well.
Quote:
Hi Doc, Pls let us know the part number!
I've already asked for the part number two days back when I went for my first servicing. Guys at my service centre are very poorly updated. They don't have the part number currently, but said they would get back to me. I'll definitely remind them again tomorrow.

Also my rear AC rattle disappeared on its own just a day before first service. Any idea what was the reason for the rear AC rattle @navpreet318?

Last edited by doc_zeus : 29th April 2016 at 22:35.
doc_zeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 22:56   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
I've already asked for the part number two days back when I went for my first servicing. Guys at my service centre are very poorly updated. They don't have the part number currently, but said they would get back to me. I'll definitely remind them again tomorrow.

Also my rear AC rattle disappeared on its own just a day before first service. Any idea what was the reason for the rear AC rattle @navpreet318?
Guess what, I too had a bit of a rattle in the rear AC and it was there till the morning I went for my first service 3 days back. When the road test guys tried to check, the rattle wasn't there and now it hasn't shown up since the last 3 days. Vanished on its own

Thanks and do let us know the part number when you get it. I've been trying all over in chennai to find the decals. Even the Concorde motors accessories guy don't have a clue.
Old 29th April 2016, 22:57   #299
Senior - BHPian

You need to get them to tighten the AC grill where the air vents are. They need to add some additional packing. There will still be some rattle left for which they asked me to permit them to take down the entire roof which I flatly refused as I'm sure it will then lead to rattles from all over. As of now there are normally no rattles. Just that after an hour or so if the car stays in the sun and is then taken into very bad roads, some slight rattle surfaces.
I think I will have to live with that much.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 23:09   #300
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and do let us know the part number when you get it. I've been trying all over in chennai to find the decals. Even the Concorde motors accessories guy don't have a clue.
Quote:
You need to get them to tighten the AC grill where the air vents are. They need to add some additional packing. There will still be some rattle left for which they asked me to permit them to take down the entire roof which I flatly refused as I'm sure it will then lead to rattles from all over. As of now there are normally no rattles. Just that after an hour or so if the car stays in the sun and is then taken into very bad roads, some slight rattle surfaces.
I think I will have to live with that much.
Sure I'll let you guys know the part number as soon as I get it. Tomorrow I'm leaving for Indore by road. So I'll be in touch with the Service Centre through phone. Also I'm trying for upgrading my AMC to the 60,000kms one. I've PM'ed you Seek yesterday regarding this AMC. Please check your inbox.

My rear AC rattle nearly disappeared. So I let it go for this time, as I feared the same as you that they would rip apart the roof. Guess this rear AC rattle is common in Stormes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks