Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 12:56   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The 400 4X4 is out on a drive. 1075 Kms on a single shot today. Dehradun to Varanasi. 5AM to 9PM. Met Gunbir and JB at Yamuna Express Way. What a drive!! Distance itself speaks volumes of what this vehicle is capable of.
Waiting for your ownership review. I still have time to decide, you see. The ban should end by March 31 if it is not extended by any other ruling.
Old 4th March 2016, 13:09   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
CONGRATS once again; how much was the waiting period in ur case? I am fixated on Astern black too and got to know from my sales rep that they're never available as ready stock; unlike the white which make up for 99% sales. They'll have to order from factory per confirmed bookings and hence a waiting period of 10-15 days for a 4X2 version.
There is 1 black Varicor 400 4x4 VX in stock with Concorde Mumbai - that one was sitting for a few months.

We would have taken it, but decided to save money and get a 4x2 - which would be mostly used by a driver.
Old 4th March 2016, 13:12   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Waiting for your ownership review. I still have time to decide, you see. The ban should end by March 31 if it is not extended by any other ruling.
I've penned the review to quite an extend. Will complete it when I'm back and give a complete review. There are certain aspects which have come up in this drive which I'd like to add.

We're in Puri now. Will start the return leg in a day or so.
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 10:16   #199
BHPian

Took the vehicle on Monday. I have been happily driving it since then. I will start an ownership thread as soon as I can.

My waiting period was almost 6 weeks. The main reason was first batch of Varicor 400 came to Chenai only mid of Jan and the RTO approval obtained in the last week of Jan. I was told 5 varicor 400s where delivered through Concorde motors since then.
Otherwise the typical waiting time is 3 weeks for arrival and registration at Chennai.

My delivery happened on Monday and the SA told that the varicor 400 VX 4x2 prices are going up by 60k. They were discussing on Tuesday what to do about it. All those vehicles which were allotted before Monday will be delivered with old prices, but they were unsure how to go about for people who have just booked, but processing towards full payment. Not sure what kind of decision they have taken.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:51   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Changed E Oil & oil filter at 5000km service.

But the service center guys DIDN'T had any service schedule , so they just changed oil. K
Hi Nikhil, guess the oil change was not required. Atleast my TASS skipped it. And as per the manual too, the oil change interval for MY14 engines is 1 year/20,000kms. Please revert if otherwise.
Old 7th March 2016, 16:50   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
What Sir, you are also short by 700 kilometers! I have "been there, done that", with absolutely no compromise on safety and that too in a humble little Esteem :-)
Dear Blackpearl - what was your Vbar, means average speed? How many kilometres in how many hours? I know that the MPFI Esteem is fast, if handled properly. I have used it very extensively for rally stage opening and closing work. You need 175 section tires though!

Dear Navpreet - I use your sister vehicle to go to office. Today, I drove from my house in North Pune to my office in South Pune (30 kms) via Kolhapur (400 kms), sporting a number plate which was neither white nor yellow! . Oh, I loved it, driving this thingy makes you "King of the Road"! I guess if I had a long red "tilak" on my forehead and if I was wearing spotlessly clean and starched white clothes, with matching white shoes and white cap in this white vehicle (with a couple of stickers and flags thrown in for good measure), I would have saved some toll money (just kidding)! . I await your comments on the Puri trip, please post.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 22:45   #202
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b].........I await your comments on the Puri trip, please post.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear sir, the trip is still on. Relaxing for a couple of days in Agra. Will post a detailed review. I like the engine bay packing which has remained very clean despite the 3000 kms road trip till now.

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-image.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 9th March 2016 at 07:29.
ISO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 12:35   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Today, I drove from my house in North Pune to my office in South Pune (30 kms) via Kolhapur (400 kms), sporting a number plate which was neither white nor yellow! . Oh, I loved it, driving this thingy makes you "King of the Road"!
Should I read it as a variant of Storme under testing (with red plates) or is it the Hexa?
Old 9th March 2016, 15:08   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Should I read it as a variant of Storme under testing (with red plates) or is it the Hexa?
Dear Skumare - hello to you. This one was Navpreet's "sister vehicle"! And as the saying goes: "Great things are worth waiting for, yeh to sirf shuruwaat hai, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 16:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Skumare - hello to you. This one was Navpreet's "sister vehicle"! And as the saying goes: "Great things are worth waiting for, yeh to sirf shuruwaat hai, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
My wait seems to be never ending. I hope supreme court does not extend the ruling beyond March 31. This time, however, I will take the plunge and not wait for any "baki picture" unless, of course, you advise otherwise.
Old 11th March 2016, 01:55   #206
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,

Varicor 400 with an auto box? I hope it is! A friend of mine is waiting for the same since he heard about it. Hope it is coming ahead of Hexa .
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 21:40   #207
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram Sir...we understand that your current position might not allow you to give us some pointers. Nevertheless, this heads up wasn't timely, to me at the least.

I have been waiting for an upgrade for 2 years now. I am sure that the Hexa will not disappoint any of the TATA fans. In the context of Hexa, the wait has been pretty longer. Hopefully they should launch this by Jun'16
Old 17th March 2016, 21:21   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.................... I await your comments on the Puri trip, please post.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Dear Behram Sir,

Thank You. You know why. Please Thank the Engineers and designers who made this a wonderful and enjoyable vehicle to drive. Please also ask the designers because of whom there are certain irritants like placement of infotainment system and people who train the sales staff to put in more hard work and come up to the standards of the rest of the hard working guys at Tata.
Please Thank the suppliers including Spicer for the Axles(I'd like to thank myself too for the small incremental positives) and to its sister company Gabriel for the Suspension too. They have done a fantastic job! Also the rest of the unnamed ancillaries too.

There are people who are happy with discounts. Then there are people who are happier with good service and a feel of family when joined to a company like Tata. Thank YOU for that. Solely You!

Here is my thread on my experience till date.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...x4-400-nm.html

Thanks You.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:16   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Behram Sir, then there are people who are happier with good service and a feel of family when joined to a company like Tata. Thank YOU for that. Solely You!
Dear Navpreet - "thank-you-for-making-me-feel-good-about-myself"! I feel so nice! But you don't have to thank "solely me", I am nobody, everything in my way of working is CFT driven. Our cross-functional team colleagues in the company have contributed much more, you don't even know them. I am just a normal CFT guy doing my normal job. It just so happens, that I like cars "slightly more" than is normal in human beings. What to do, I was born in a car crazy community, a "bawaji" after all! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:14   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my thread on my experience till date.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...x4-400-nm.html
Seeing this fantastic ownership review, I thought of paying a visit to the website of Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 VX 4x4. Now this is what it showed me :

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-tata-safari-website-2.jpg

The first thing that came to my mind was "Jiska website hi itna unsafe hai, uski Gaadi khareedna kitna safe hoga" Anyways, I proceeded 'unsafe' itself.

However jokes apart, I submitted the Online Contact Form for a Test Drive and the moment I clicked on Submit, I got a call from TATA MOTORS (a Jaipur Number) briefing me about the car and redirecting my enquiry to the nearest dealer. This was fantastic from TATA !!

The dealer called me today morning and briefed me about the car. However, said that they NEITHER have any Demo Vehicle NOR do they have any 400nm car in stock to provide me with a Test Drive. Instead they can give me a test drive in the 320nm Variant to which I showed my apprehensions.

However, he confirmed that the demo vehicle shall come in by the month of April 2016 and that he would instantly give me a call as soon as the vehicle arrives.

Keeping my fingers crossed as this was my second attempt seeking a Test Drive of the TATA Safari Storme Varicor 400 VX 4x4 i.e.- the first attempt being mentioned on Post # 87 (on Page 6) of this thread

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 18th March 2016 at 14:15. Reason: Changes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks