Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

To all the recent Varicor 400 owners, anyone bought insurance on their own? From what I saw on the forum, it gives you significant savings but is it true that it is possible by only quoting a lesser IDV than say what the dealer insurance will quote?

How much should be the premium amount for a standard comprehensive policy on both 4X2 and 4X4 versions, if one buys on their own? I have my full NCB component also to be transferred.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:48   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
To all the recent Varicor 400 owners, anyone bought insurance on their own? From what I saw on the forum, it gives you significant savings but is it true that it is possible by only quoting a lesser IDV than say what the dealer insurance will quote?

How much should be the premium amount for a standard comprehensive policy on both 4X2 and 4X4 versions, if one buys on their own? I have my full NCB component also to be transferred.

I have taken insurance from Tata themselves. IDV has been taken as 5% less than invoice value as is the norm. It is a Zero Dep insurance. 37K was the value. Even though I got a quote of 30K from Oriental Insurance I preferred Tata as it is online and available all over the country. Oriental was a bit dicey with respect to cashless part throughout the country.

This is for a 4X4 Storme 400.
navpreet318 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 23:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
To all the recent Varicor 400 owners, anyone bought insurance on their own?
My insurance details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Insurance
Company : National Insurance
IDV : 12,35,000/-
Premium : 31,000/-
Type : 0 Dep + Cashless Facility

Emergency update: @ 4697 km
Fuel flap is not opening by switch or Cable.

This has happened second time, First time it opened after trying 30~40 minutes at around 2 am. (Last week)

Had called 24x7 road side assistance but local technician was not ready to come on site but promised to come to my home in the morning.

Father reached home safely with barely a few liters of diesel left in tank.
rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 22nd February 2016 at 23:58.
jeepster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 00:11   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My insurance details.

This has happened second time, First time it opened after trying 30~40 minutes at around 2 am. (Last week)

Had called 24x7 road side assistance but local technician was not ready to come on site but promised to come to my home in the morning.

rgds,
Nikhil

Thanks for this info about fuel tank filler cover. Please keep us updated as to why it happened and what was the solution which they're implementing.
Old 23rd February 2016, 00:45   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Call your dealer principal. Really, not kidding!
That too this is a brand new vehicle!

Usually they're highly motivated & being well connected, they tend to find ways reach out thanks to their network.

In '13 at Bangalore, my Nano's accelerator cable got cut & I was struggling with the Tata Road Side Assistance & even the authorised service centers official numbers. I was in the middle of the city & yet they were saying they'll come the next day etc.

After 2 hours of struggling in the afternoon heat, I finally decided to call the KHT Motors dealer principal himself. He heard out the issue & the struggle and immediately sent a towing vehicle with an expert mechanic & accelerator cable & the guy fixed it in 30mins on the road itself. Dealer even followed up & assured that he'll ensure that if any assistance with the car is needed anywhere throughout the country at any time it'll be done without delay, & it'll be free when car is within warranty.

So try getting the contact details of your dealer principal, they may have displayed their mail ID at the service center.

Wishing you enjoy a million happy miles with the beast!
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:58   #171
BHPian

Quote:

rgds,
Nikhil

[/left]
[/center]
[/right]
Hello Nikhil,

I have experienced this with my Storme as well however the issue is when you fill the tank close the lid by yourself lightly. Pump assistant tend to push the lid hard like other vehicle which then stuck badly and unable to open by the mechanism.

Edit: Found the image Open the marked flap and you will see the pull string.

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-tata_safari_storme25.jpg

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 23rd February 2016 at 13:04.
Thar4x4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

Today Technicians came & after struggling a bit opened the fuel flap, But now it wont lock.

So they opened the rear flip seat to access the Flap release motor which was found to be faulty.

They took it out & bought new motor from their Demo Storme. (new motor will reach in 6 days.)
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_10_14_35_pro-medium.jpg Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_10_15_25_pro-medium.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_10_21_36_pro-medium.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_10_43_43_pro-medium.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_10_44_21_pro-medium.jpg

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160223_12_18_57_pro-medium.jpg
Rgds,
Nikhil

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hello Nikhil,

I have experienced this with my Storme as well however the issue is when you fill the tank close the lid by yourself lightly. Pump assistant tend to push the lid hard like other vehicle which then stuck badly and unable to open by the mechanism.
Thanks for the tip Vishal Bhau but the cable release was not working as well, issue sorted for now.

Last edited by jeepster : 23rd February 2016 at 13:32.
jeepster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:57   #173
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hello Nikhil,

Open the marked flap and you will see the pull string.

Thank you so much. This tip is really useful in case of emergency, if you are low on fuel and flap is stuck.
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:09   #174
BHPian

Quote:

rgds,
Nikhil
This has been a recurring Safari problem. Disheartening to see this has not been fixed yet.

However if it does get stuck, I find most fuel pumps will manage to get it open by inserting a screw driver and bending the metal piece that locks onto the motor plunger. I guess the incentive to sell a tankful is always good motivation . However that also means that the cap need to be adjusted again to get it to lock properly once the motor is fixed.
Old 23rd February 2016, 16:41   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
This has been a recurring Safari problem. Disheartening to see this has not been fixed yet.
This system has been the same since the original Safari. (I have/had 2 of the originals)

Probably the originals only had cable releases?? Not sure - as you can read further below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
However if it does get stuck, I find most fuel pumps will manage to get it open by inserting a screw driver and bending the metal piece that locks onto the motor plunger.
Concorde Motors managed to ruin my Dicor's metal piece, after which I had to order the full door/flap, painted it, then when they were to install it they said they could have ordered and installed the metal piece only.

Quote:
So they opened the rear flip seat to access the Flap release motor which was found to be faulty.
Is it really a motor? I always thought it was a cable release, as the Safaris aged, we ended up using the rear cable release method only!

Now that you mention a motor, I think my Dicor's flap release motion is too quick to be a cable, as pushing the button does not involve enough travel as compared to the length involved in order to be able to release it...so it's probably indeed a motor.

Mine was jammed at some point in time also - so I guess I have to think about replacing that motor part soon as well!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 23rd February 2016 at 16:42.
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:05   #176
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Is it really a motor?
For me it looks like Solenoid.

Google search revealed this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHEAP-NEW-...-/171581081632

Solenoid has only in and out spring loaded plunger action. They are robust and should not go wrong.
ISO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:41   #177
Senior - BHPian

Yes its a Solenoid actuator.

The replaced Solenoid works quite good with solid knocking sound, previous one was not making any sound at all.

You can see the jammed plunger here.

rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 23rd February 2016 at 20:43.
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:00   #178
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Yes its a Solenoid actuator.

The replaced Solenoid works quite good with solid knocking sound, previous one was not making any sound at all.

You can see the jammed plunger here.

rgds,
Nikhil
Coil is OK only thing it need is WD-40 spray to free plunger. I don't think there is wear and tear as opening fuel flap is not very frequent operation.
Old 27th February 2016, 20:28   #179
BHPian

I am getting my car delivered on Monday. Visited the showroom to check my new Varicor 400. The color I chose was Astern Black, but it's darkest of grey (almost black) with a slight dose of metallic tinge.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Car&me is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 20:57   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
I am getting my car delivered on Monday. Visited the showroom to check my new Varicor 400. The color I chose was Astern Black, but it's darkest of grey (almost black) with a slight dose of metallic tinge.
Heartiest Congrats!! I love the black as well, and precisely for the description you've given. Eagerly waiting for more pics and ownership thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks