Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2016, 16:46   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Your beast looks absolutely stunning in the pic with the Torque Monster Sticker on it .

Recently put up a SOUL decal which was shipped to me by Tata Motors
Thanks.

Thats my design, made at local Vinyl/Number Plate shop.

Currently its a "Decal ki dukaan".
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-dsc_0083.jpg
  • 2 Bhp stickers
  • One Sport badge
  • one RWD sticker
  • Rajmudra sticker
  • Company Brand sticker
Waiting for HVK / SOUL stickers.

Update:

Armrest replaced.
It was carried to Latur personally by Tata official .
He also noted down few feed back points.

Was surprised for the efforts taked by TATA!
A welcome change.
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-wp_20160504_11_04_20_pro-large.jpg
Rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 9th May 2016 at 16:58.
jeepster is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 11:41   #317

Hello All
After contemplating enough and having read the review and discussions a couple of times…I have finally booked for a 400-Pearl White 4x2 … eagerly awaiting its delivery …
Many thanks to the 400 owners for sharing their experience ( Jeepster, Navpreet, docszeus, avinashm et al) and D.B Sir, you guys made it easier for me to decide …looking forward to experience the 3S and more!...
sridhar2k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 23:49   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar2k View Post
Hello All
After contemplating enough and having read the review and discussions a couple of times…I have finally booked for a 400-Pearl White 4x2 … eagerly awaiting its delivery …
Congrats & welcome to the 400 club.

My neighbor (he is MLA) recently replaced his first gen XUV with Varicor400 4x2, our city has around 5 of them now.(all 4x2 & pearl white.)
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 21:36   #319
BHPian

Am in Vijayawada enroute from Chennai to Hyderabad in my storme and amazed at the number of stormes I see around in this city! Within the first hour of being here I saw 5 of them. Havent seen those many in chennai in 3 months!

The drive was fantastic and the beast performed very well. 502 kms done in 7.5 hours including breaks.
Seek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:37   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Am in Vijayawada enroute from Chennai to Hyderabad in my storme and amazed at the number of stormes I see around in this city! Within the first hour of being here I saw 5 of them. Havent seen those many in chennai in 3 months!

The drive was fantastic and the beast performed very well. 502 kms done in 7.5 hours including breaks.
You are right this city being the political hub the dealer here has no problems selling 7-10 stormes every month. And I believe being a small city we don't have parking space issues as we have in the bigger metros.
damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 16:36   #321
BANNED

Quote:
Hello All

After contemplating enough and having read the review and discussions a couple of times…I have finally booked for a 400-Pearl White 4x2 … eagerly awaiting its delivery 

Congratulations Sridhar, actually one of the things that should be added to the "what I don't like" is this waiting period. I am in the same boat as you my friend, and can only hope for both of us to find something to do to help spend this excruciating time 😊
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 08:00   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I saw about 15 Storme's and about 2 Fortuners on my drive from Pune to Hyderabad recently. Slowly but surely Storme is gathering numbers. The pearl white seems to be the favorite color.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 09:38   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Am in Vijayawada enroute from Chennai to Hyderabad in my storme and amazed at the number of stormes I see around in this city!
Vijayawada had always been a Tata stronghold. They had successful dealerships here since the Tata-Benz days. This is not to say that Tatas outsell the other brands here. Just that their market share here is much better than their market share in other places.
One of the main centres of the city is known as the Benz circle because of the proximity of a Tata-Benz dealer. That dealership is now shifted and spanking new mall came up in its place.

Vijayawada also has an "Auto Nagar" where you can find some of the best private garages for trucks in India. People from all over south India used to come here to get their trucks built/customized/modified.
Enobarbus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 10:02   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Congratulations Sridhar, actually one of the things that should be added to the "what I don't like" is this waiting period. I am in the same boat as you my friend, and can only hope for both of us to find something to do to help spend this excruciating time 😊
The only way to beat the waiting period is to make frequent post-booking trips to the showroom and see the display vehicle. I did that and the dealer staff were perplexed, they also got bored of seeing me there.
Seek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 10:36   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Hi Nikhil Ji,

Your beast looks absolutely stunning in the pic with the Torque Monster Sticker on it . Can you please let me know where did you get that as I also want to put some more stickers/decals on my beast.

Recently put up a SOUL decal which was shipped to me by Tata Motors.

Cheers!
I think I saw you on Nehru Place Flyover a couple of weeks back. I could not see anything except TBHP sticker and UP 16 registration on urban bronze Storme.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 20:36   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

According to a Motor Octane exclusive, Tata Motors is readying the Safari Storme 400 Automatic which might be launched before end-2016.

A 6-speed ZF automatic box will be paired to the 2.2L VariCOR engine which produces 155 HP and 400 Nm of torque, and it will be offered in a single, top of the line VX trim.

Quote:
Tata Motors has finally completed the testing of the 2.2-litre VariCOR engine with the six-speed automatic transmission. This will be powering the upcoming new Hexa, Xenon and even the Safari Storme. Tata has plans to launch several new vehicles in the coming years, but the automatic version of the Safari Storme should come in by this year end.

Tata will be offering automatic only on the top of the line, VX variant of the Safari Storme.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 21:48   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors is readying the Safari Storme 400 Automatic which might be launched before end-2016.
Much awaited move from Tata. Storme with AT will be a worthy competition starting with Creta CRDI AT, XUV AT and even the Tucson AT.

The article doesn't talk about 4x4 AT. With 4x4 AT, Tata can easily offer Vehicle Stability Control, which would be an essential safety feature for the Storme. Right now, it offers only ABS and Airbags.
Old 17th May 2016, 22:59   #328
BHPian

Terrific news, 4X4 AT would undercut a lot of pajero sport/fortuner/endeavour customers . If only this would be an available option, I would happily plonk my money in buying this variant. Plus there is always a pride factor in buying an Indian product.
Old 26th May 2016, 11:15   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
hi Cupid,
Did you get your Storme delivered? Its been 5weeks now, the showroom guys are not transparent with the status...I was suppose to get it last week as confirmed during the booking...

Wanted to PM you but looks like I don't have that option...
Old 26th May 2016, 13:54   #330
BANNED

Quote:
hi Cupid,
Did you get your Storme delivered? Its been 5weeks now, the showroom guys are not transparent with the status...I was suppose to get it last week as confirmed during the booking...

Wanted to PM you but looks like I don't have that option...
Start posting buddy, I think over 25 gets you that function Good meaningful ones though, the mods follow them very diligently.

Coming to the delivery, the dealership has been very transparent with me to be honest. They have said that the factory will only bill the chassis at the end of the month, and then delivery it within 15 days after that. I am kind of having two minds about it too, considering the rampant bans being levied of the ridiculously defined 'dirty-diesel' and the Storme being a prime target over 2000cc. Not sure if Maharashtra will tow the line in the coming future. Nervous moments these days!
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks