Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 19:23   #691
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Do you have pics of this ? It can help others if you do ..
I have got this work done on both front facing captain seats. The foam which caved in was stuffed with little firm cushion and elevated to maintain almost flat level. In the first pic, the extension is visible. In second pic, seat after the work is complete.

Total cost: 3K for welding, 3K for cushioning and alignment , 3K for seat cover for both seats.
Work done @ Pitstop, Filmnagar road, Hyderabad.

Due to Sankranti time period, work was prolonged to 1 week. Else overall am satisfied with their work.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-work-progress.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review-img20180112wa0013.jpg  

Kams_cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 01:56   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Anybody got a call from your respective TASS, to bring the car over for a roof light replacement?!

Got a call today from mine to bring it over to replace the middle and rear one only.

<snip>

Btw, I'd already replaced the front one an year back when it started flickering and sometimes didn't come on at all; no concerns after replacement. Other 2 never had an issue.
I had been to a TASS, couple of months back for front cabin light flickering issue. They replaced the front and middle one, as a suggested update from the company. I was informed that this is a proactive update from Tata, and owners are being requested to come in and get it done. Last row lamp was not replaced, as there was no such directive from manufacturer.
Old 28th February 2018, 09:24   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hello Storme owners,

I was about to replace my 1.4 lakh run 2012 Safari DICOR LX. Test drove hexa but it didn't feel as spacious and comfortable as the Safari.

So I just booked a Safari Storme VX 4x2.

OTR 16.92 L. Got a great resale for my Dicor- 3.4 lakhs! I have booked it in Pearl white.

Congratulations on yet another Safari. I too got mine in Dec'17. Had test drove Hexa but the seating position was a bit car like. I always wanted a Safari so went for it though it has aged now. The only thing I miss in Storme are the captain seats in the second row as in Hexa. But I am loving it every day.
Old 20th March 2018, 14:46   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
I have got this work done on both front facing captain seats. The foam which caved in was stuffed with little firm cushion ...
Thanks for the pics and info. By any chance do you have the pic of the plate before it was was welded or the dimension approximately and the thickness of the sheet.

I am trying to get similar kind of setup for my Scross Driver Seat.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:54   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thanks for the pics and info. By any chance do you have the pic of the plate before it was was welded or the dimension approximately and the thickness of the sheet.

I am trying to get similar kind of setup for my Scross Driver Seat.

Thanks
No dear. The red circle shows the newly welded metal frame for the support. The factory fitted seats in Storme are small for thigh support.
Old 27th March 2018, 22:33   #696
BHPian

Hello guys,
I am experiencing some vibrations in my clutch pedal when depressed during slow speeds and in slow moving traffic. My vehicle is only 4000kms old. Is it normal vibration on an suv or is there any problem. Maybe more experienced members with long ownership can help.
Old 28th March 2018, 11:51   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Hello guys,
I am experiencing some vibrations in my clutch pedal when depressed during slow speeds and in slow moving traffic. My vehicle is only 4000kms old. Is it normal vibration on an suv or is there any problem. Maybe more experienced members with long ownership can help.
What kind of vibrations? I have none till date.
Old 28th March 2018, 13:31   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
What kind of vibrations? I have none till date.
Its like when you keep ur foot on clutch pedal and depress it then the pedal vibrates minutely. We can feel some slight movement in the pedal. Maybe some clutch slippage, etc.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 13:35   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Its like when you keep ur foot on clutch pedal and depress it then the pedal vibrates minutely. We can feel some slight movement in the pedal. Maybe some clutch slippage, etc.
It is fine if it is slight tak tak kind; I heard others reporting the same. It's there in my Storme too.
Old 28th March 2018, 14:23   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It is fine if it is slight tak tak kind; I heard others reporting the same. It's there in my Storme too.
No, it is not the tak tak sound. That is different. Its like if you depress the clutch pedal by hand and if the vehicle is in gear then your hand will vibrate. Maybe I am not able to explain you. I will check this with some of my friends who own Storme.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 15:53   #701
Senior - BHPian

I understand the problem. I have the same thing too. Was planning to get it inspected at the service this time. I'm also feeling that the car is squeaking a lot now a days as well as the ride has become a little harsh over bumps. Maybe its the time for the bushes.
Anyways will be getting it checked at the service this time round.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 21:24   #702
BHPian

Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 discounts?

What are the discounts on the Storme VX 4x2?
Since this model is barely managing 200-500 units a month as compared to 3000-4000 units of the Scorpio, there ought to be some 2017 unsold inventory.
The last offer I could find out about was around Rs 1 lakh off during December 2017.

Also the dealer has a 2015 VX 4x2 Varicor 400 TD vehicle done 12-13k.
Any idea what should be the price of this one considering the price back in 2015 was Rs13.26 Lakhs which has risen by lakh in 2018 (Rs 14.2 Lakhs)

I have been cross shopping across segments since past couple of months.
What started off as plan to buy a W124 has led me to TD of Swift, Ecosport, i20, Baleno , Nexon, Storme, Ignis, W-RV.

And the best part is this is going to be my wife's car!
Old 29th March 2018, 23:20   #703
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 discounts?

Quote:
Don't think it is ever a fixed amount; depends a lot on one's haggling prowess.

Quote:
Since this model is barely managing 200-500 units a month as compared to 3000-4000 units of the Scorpio, there ought to be some 2017 unsold inventory.
The last offer I could find out about was around Rs 1 lakh off during December 2017.
I was told Storme isn't in regular production cycle like Scorpio. They collate orders from all over the country weekly basis, add some buffer and only produce those numbers.

Quote:
Also the dealer has a 2015 VX 4x2 Varicor 400 TD vehicle done 12-13k.
Any idea what should be the price of this one considering the price back in 2015 was Rs13.26 Lakhs which has risen by lakh in 2018 (Rs 14.2 Lakhs)
Dealer TD vehicles are never a good idea no matter how cheap they offer it for or for the less mileage covered
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 00:37   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Dealer TD vehicles are never a good idea no matter how cheap they offer it for or for the less mileage covered
Not necessarily. My uncles have a TD Sumo Grande - and happy with it. But yes, I would be careful, and also will not touch an AT or an AMT vehicle.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 06:41   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post

Well I bought my Storme VX 4x2 20 days ago. Offers were minimal for 2018 Storme (52k incl exchange bonus)

I was also offered a 2017 VX 4x2 and I was told I will be getting insurance waiver off. That's just 68k. I decided I will be going for a car that's straight from the oven since 68k is too less a discount for a 2017 car, specially when I am spending 17 big ones on road.

And yes Storme is made to demand from what I experienced. I wanted urban bronze but they told me they will have to raise an order and only after that they will manufacture it. And that it would take 2 months for the car to arrive. I was in a hurry and settled for a January 2018 manufactured Pearl white VX.(Now I am very happy I got white over brown as the presence is enormous with white).

Regarding a TD vehicle, it is a gamble. While the 2.2 DICOR is a terrifically reliable engine (90,000 km on sumo Grande + 1,40,000 km on safari DICOr without a single breakdown), the interiors may be soiled, transmission may not be smooth as in a new car. But if you insist on a TD car, 9-10 lakhs would be the maximum I would spend on a 2015 VX.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks