Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:54   #631
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_T_A Rose View Post
Yes the non-alloy versions come with 13" wheels. You must have seen this on the brochure.
Thanks X_T_A,

That info and the pics of the XM variant(thanks again!) means I have to get rid of that wheel/tyre combo a.s.a.p!

How did you find the white color? Looking for either the Berry Red or the White.

Ashwin
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:32   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsaval View Post
Thanks X_T_A,

Looking for either the Berry Red or the White.

Ashwin

Have you been able to book a Berry Red? Yesterday
at Concorde Motors Bangalore they informed me that Berry Red is not available for booking yet. They said it might take 3-4 weeks more.
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:45   #633
BHPian

Quote:
How did you find the white color? Looking for either the Berry Red or the White.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
They said it might take 3-4 weeks more.
Not sure about the delay for Berry Red, however the White looked very good. Especially the contrast with the black on the front grill / blacked out headlamps / rear spoiler looked nice. Found couple of more pics of the XM variant in white.

Suggest you book now keeping colour choice open with an option of deciding after having a look at both colours in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-6.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-7.jpg  

X_T_A Rose is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:19   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Tata launched their new show room "Trivandrum motors" near to Poonthura, opportunity Rajasree motors. Iam not sure if TD vehicles are available there though.
Cant find their details and so I call 1800 2097979 !

Seems there is no dealer in Trv for Tiago ( or for any cars?) .
Anyway I was assured that SME of Tiago would call me soon.

Will keep you all posted. I test drove the Figo 1.2, Beat LT 1.2 last day and hence want to know how this would be.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:22   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Will keep you all posted. I test drove the Figo 1.2, Beat LT 1.2 last day and hence want to know how this would be.
You may DM to Tiago's official Twitter handle with your contact number.
The response is much quicker over there. So I think that will help to schedule TD quickly. That's my personal experience.
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:44   #636
BHPian

Quote:

There was a writeup in local newspapers about the launch ceremony of Taigo in Trivandrum motors. I placed a request with Tatamotors for a TD of Zest AMT. One guy from Trivandrum motors called me back and said they will be registering their Zest AMT soon and will call me back after it is done.
ontheroad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 22:14   #637
BHPian

Hi All,

Really happy to inform you all that TATA motors have one person who's job is to read all the online reviews about Tiago and best part is, this person follows team-bhp regularly and takes the feedback given in here for further processing

I have been posting feedback's given by our fellow bhp'ians on Twitter and based on the post's this person who works for Tata motors called me, asking for more details about the concerns.

Had a long talk and gave all possible feedback's. I stressed on the AC and performance of the petrol tiago.

Regarding poor AC performance:
AC they say could be one of the cases but DEFINITELY not an issue on all Tiago's but yes they are contacting all showrooms and having them check the AC.

Regarding the Petrol tiago's Performance:
All he had to say was "people who drive more powerful car will definitely feel the power is less. Since I own a Nano, he suggested me to test drive the car and give feedback on the performance.

Regarding product knowledge of showroom representatives (sales personal):
That is being taken care of by conducting monthly refresher course to the showroom staff and also conducting audits by send Tata motors personal as a customer.

Summary: TATA is watching our feedback's closely.

May be someone can take an initiative to collate the concern's/feedback's they have w.r.t Tiago and then post it on Twitter.
T-Bone is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 12:24   #638
BHPian

Tata Tiago XT Silver booked with Aristo Motors GGN. They gave the best exchange price for my 9 year old Indica (P).Expected DoD 04th June. OTR price break up-
Ex showroom 419500
Insurance-16965
Registration-27475
L&C-1100
Total: 4,65,040
Were offering the normal add-ons. Refused. Told them will be looking at other quotes available for insurance.
Arkanile is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:10   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks X_T_A,

Looking for either the Berry Red or the White.

Ashwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Have you been able to book a Berry Red? Yesterday
at Concorde Motors Bangalore they informed me that Berry Red is not available for booking yet. They said it might take 3-4 weeks more.
Tejaswi Motors in Hyderabad quoted that Berry Red will be available only from August 2016.
Old 5th May 2016, 19:38   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was a writeup in local newspapers about the launch ceremony of Taigo in Trivandrum motors. I placed a request with Tatamotors for a TD of Zest AMT. One guy from Trivandrum motors called me back and said they will be registering their Zest AMT soon and will call me back after it is done.
I test drove this today. I only wanted to TD the petrol top end and hence they got that.

I am impressed even with the engine that I have to go TD the Figo 1.2 again( for the 3rd time) and understand what its 4 cylinder engine is doing!

2 videos for now.

Last edited by jkdas : 5th May 2016 at 19:43.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 22:38   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove this today. I only wanted to TD the petrol top end and hence they got that.

I am impressed even with the engine that I have to go TD the Figo 1.2 again( for the 3rd time) and understand what its 4 cylinder engine is doing!
Am in the same dilemma, but rather on the opposite side.

Wondering whether to shell out the extra 2 lakhs for the extra 30bhp and 60nm torque of the Figo Tdci, or go for the Tiago D.

Anyway, how was the experience at Trivandrum Motors, though they are newly opened and will be good for an year or two.

Hope you still have your Safari, how is the service at Mohandas motors?
Old 5th May 2016, 22:55   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing their details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Am in the same dilemma, but rather on the opposite side.

Wondering whether to shell out the extra 2 lakhs for the extra 30bhp and 60nm torque of the Figo Tdci, or go for the Tiago D.

Anyway, how was the experience at Trivandrum Motors, though they are newly opened and will be good for an year or two.

Hope you still have your Safari, how is the service at Mohandas motors?
That's interesting! You find only that as a 2lac rupee worth stuff? Which model? And did you TD the Tiago D? How was it?

They were pretty nice and helpful.
Tata regional sale manager or so directly called me from Cochin and patched me to the sale manager at Tvm over call. My TD was arranged in minutes!

Took to Mohandas once for the 90k service ( search TBHP for its review!). Never went back and now they have shutdown ( think they do service only now).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20160505_180740-medium.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 00:04   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing their details.

That's interesting! You find only that as a 2lac rupee worth stuff? Which model? And did you TD the Tiago D? How was it?
No, i absolutely adore the Figo TDCi performance. It's just that i find the Tiago overall too good for it's price and extremely VFM.

Did a TD of the Tiago when it was displayed at Lulu mall. Waited 20mins for the diesel to come back after a round, and was about to walk off, when the guys said the petrol was readily available. So TDed the petrol instead.

Yeah, asked cause remember you giving thumbs up for them initially and then having a bad experience. Until the new dealership came Mohandas was the sole Tata dealer after Kulathunkal stopped.

So with all this uncertainty feeling apprehensive about the service aspect.
Old 6th May 2016, 12:12   #644
Senior - BHPian

I get a feel that the marketing buzz for Tiago has gone a bit silent. I hardly see any ads in newspapers. It's too early for reducing the marketing push IMHO. Tata needs to push the Tiago very hard to make it a success. This car is almost a make-or-break launch for them. The stakes are rather high. Tiago has a great potential, just that Tata's sales & Marketing teams should not botch up a wonderful car.
Old 6th May 2016, 14:19   #645
BHPian

I also feel Tata is slipping on their commitments and timelines. Booked the XZ variant on the 11th of April and was told it would take 4 weeks. That has been revised with no clarity on allocations by TML to the dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks