Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2016, 10:53   #541
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Anybody who saw and felt the car tried using the Juke-car App? Various auto forums mention that it is one of a kind feature through which the Harman system can sync upto 10 phones through mobile hotspot.

Anybody tried using this on the display or test-drive vehicles?
Old 20th April 2016, 12:16   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Same was the case when I went for checking Tiago in Kerala (Kannur) last week. Looks like there is some supply issues of Diesel Tiago.
Supply issues on the Diesel version. Seriously. That too with TATA?

Where did you get this information from. The dealership or anyone from within.

Across India, Tata is giving TD of petrol Tiago's in the IT parks. That's primarily because they want to market petrol more as the price variance now is too low, and Tata's understand that petrol cars are now again on the upswing.

Let's give it to Tata this time. The car's a gem. Read on another forum that they have got a lakh + enquiries. Again, it's just enquiries.

All the best to them.

As far as reliability is concerned, I own a Vista Quadrajet running in pristine condition @ 73K kms, Quadrajet 90 BHP @ 30k Kms in pristine condition, a Nano Twist @ 5k Kms in peach condition.

Next upgrade for the Quadrajet this year is either the Nexon or the Hexa. I have never faced any service issue with them in multiple states that I have traveled too.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 13:15   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Supply issues on the Diesel version. Seriously. That too with TATA?
Where did you get this information from. The dealership or anyone from within.
From dealer, if not supply issues why diesel variants are not available?

Quote:
Across India, Tata is giving TD of petrol Tiago's in the IT parks. That's primarily because they want to market petrol more as the price variance now is too low, and Tata's understand that petrol cars are now again on the upswing.
All the best to them.
Why launch Diesel if they want to sell only petrol variants?
Old 20th April 2016, 14:54   #544
Senior - BHPian

Tata were a diesel only company. Sales of Alto, Wagon R etc is quite mouth watering. And attracting petrol folks seems to be a top priority.
Old 20th April 2016, 16:39   #545
BHPian

You lucky devil - I did two test drives and no freebies, zilch!

The experience at showroom was ordinary. The folks are Motorsales (Charbagh, Lucknow) and SRM Motors (Kanpur Road, Lucknow) were just about OK. At both places, the sales person wasn't fully aware of the car's features - what is standard and what is optional, how does the Juke app work, is the boot light automatic or manual (SRM sales guy was insistent that its automatic - I demonstrated it isn't, he sheepishly admitted it).

The car is definitely good - I've already booked mine, waiting for the delivery now, expected time-frame is early to mid May (Brown, Petrol XZ).
Old 20th April 2016, 17:32   #546
BHPian

Had gone to have a refreshment in the mall inside our tech park and saw Tiago and the New Amaze parked side by side. There was quite a buzz for Tiago and Zero interest for Amaze. It was a display only vehicle. They note down your numbers for TD.

What I Immediately Liked:
* Tried sitting in all the 4 seats (avoided sitting in rear middle). All the seats are really comfortable with ample leg space. Space crunch in rear seat comes only if the front seat is backed off fully and the seats are tilted to max. Almost sure no one can drive that way though. otherwise the leg room is commendable.
* The interiors, be it seats or dashboard texture or fabric roof looks really elegant as well as premium.
* Boot looks really good. Though its only 242, it looks much bigger. maybe the shape makes it more usable.
* The seat as well as the neck restraints feels soft. the Latter is even adjustable. Not sure if all vehicles in this segment has that.
* Saw lots of hooks where you can put some luggage, some 2 kg - some 3kg. Not a big thing but still small small detailing done well.
* Door closes with a THUD.

What I did NOT Like:
* As usual, the SA guys did not have much clue though not very bad.
* He said rear seat can be folded. When I Intentionally asked if it is 60:40, he said no sir its better than that. It's full. Only he knows what that meant.
* Floor hump is a bit high. It's even higher in my Polo but still. Not sure how others can manage this and a few cars cannot.
* At rear seat, my head/hair was brushing with the roof.
* No Integrated locking knobs. Not sure why they could not accommodate it.

The worst part of the car was definitely the person standing next to it who was responsible for giving information. Assuming at least 50% people who go there have not read our forum reviews, it's difficult to get information. Adding to this is the most funny part. I asked for a brochure. They gave me 3 things.
1) Price list sheet for all TATA vehicles in the showroom. (Not a bad info)
2) An eight page booklet on Leo Messi -Yeah we know he is Ambassador and but still it was not necessary (The booklet is Amazing though )
3)A single page Brochure of ZICA. That's right not TIAGO! That for me is a big big blunder.
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 18:15   #547
BHPian

Quote:
From dealer, if not supply issues why diesel variants are not available?

Why launch Diesel if they want to sell only petrol variants?
Don't know if there are any supply issues or anything of that sort. I just drove both the petrol and the diesel back to back in my tech park. Diesel definitely feels more fun due to the nice mid range torque and linear pickup. Petrol was a bit lacking in power, but for the mass market it should suffice very nicely.

What impressed me the most was the ride and handling of both the cars. Went through a lot of bumps intentionally and the car flattened them out very very well. Big thumbs up from my side.

The salesman mentioned that its 4 weeks waiting in Pune for petrol and 6 weeks for diesel. Also, their showroom is going to start deliveries only from Akshaya tritiya. When I asked him why so, he just replied its an auspicious day.
Old 20th April 2016, 20:05   #548
Senior - BHPian

I test drove both petrol and diesel today.
First of all the exteriors are really good looking and proportionate, undoubtedly the best Tata have produced till date. And interior quality is from a segment above. Harmon system is a gem. Ride quality is excellent. NVH is fine for both engines.
I didn't like the petrol engine at all. Maybe it's the vibrations or lack of torque or I don't know what but I was highly disappointed. And that changes instantly the moment diesel one moves. It's a delight in front of petrol engine and very easy to drive within city. Both engines are strictly made for city use and I won't advice to take them on Highway drives at all.

SA told me TML is having issues with diesel cars as they are manufacturing only petrol as of now. He has delivered 40 cars till now and further 50 bookings are in hand. In fact the diesel TD car arrived today only. And no red color as reported by everyone here. He can deliver a petrol top model in 2 weeks flat but diesel will take at least 6 weeks minimum.

Now my dilemma is my running demands a petrol as this is a secondary car for us. But, I didn't enjoyed petrol drive at all. Don't know what to do now :(

Btw, my choice of colors will be Orange, Brown, Silver, White, Blue in this order.

Last edited by harry10 : 20th April 2016 at 20:08.
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 00:50   #549
BHPian

Test drove the Tiago today.

I have tremendous regard for the Tata brand as far as their nationalistic image is concerned, but I admit I have shocked myself by actually TEST DRIVING a TATA CAR!!

The features of the car and the wave of pro Tata sentiment on this forum have influenced me and my wife completely!!

My 8 yrs old son is absolutely thrilled and that may well be the deal clincher. Messi featuring on the ads just gives the boost and my kid is getting ecstatic every time the ad is aired during the IPL telecast!

As far as the review of performance of the car is concerned, enough is written already and I agree to all positives that are listed in all the wonderful posts here. Smashing and chic from the outside, brilliantly pieced together on the inside.

And yes. I disagree with the criticism of AC. It worked absolutely fine. Kept all five of the occupants well chilled. Though temperatures were pretty pleasant in Mumbai today, still, I was operating it at 1 or 2 levels, so it shows there's nothing wrong with the AC.

The only downside appears the sound of the petrol engine, which consistently sounded like that of my 1.3 MJD of Linea (which we are anyway used too and so even there, we could find nothing to complain )

Wife found the steering wheel mounted a bit high, so guess she, at 5'3", has to ensure that seat height adjustment feature is available.

Special word on the enthusiastic sales team at Concorde Prabhadevi, Mumbai. I requested for test drive through Car Dekho yesterday. Promptly got call back from the show room and a pretty decently maintained car was at my doorstep at Colaba today!!

But long way to go in terms of technical knowledge for the Test drive representatives. Well, T BHP any way ends up making you an expert, so left it at that. Appreciated him and thanked him for spending almost 90 min with me. Impressive reaction time indeed, with such demands on the show rooms - he said they have taken 200 bookings so far and delivery would start next week !!!!

But nothing to hurry me up for the purchase, except if my Dad's 17 yr old Maruti 800 std () 50,000 km run, finds a good taker from the Concorde assessment team as part of some exchange deal! Won't mind booking immediately !
Old 21st April 2016, 13:36   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post

Wife found the steering wheel mounted a bit high, so guess she, at 5'3", has to ensure that seat height adjustment feature is available.
Not only seat height, you can also tilt steering (up& down) in Tiago to get comfortable position. May be in your test car it was set at the highest point by someone.
Old 21st April 2016, 18:09   #551
BHPian

Test drove the diesel Tiago XZ at from Concorde Motors Baner.My friend and I had test driven the petrol earlier from Pandit Auto.

At that time my friend almost finalized booking the petrol XZ variant. But today after driving the diesel , he took a U turn and is gonna book the diesel XZ variant.

Myself after driving it , felt much better and smoother and of course more torque than the petrol (Tatas and diesel go hand in hand i guess) and now am inclined to get one for myself as well. Also it climbed an incline easily in the third gear where the petrol could have certainly needed second.

Also in some spirited driving mode , the instantaneous fule consumption never went below 19.6 kmpl and on a reasonably clear stretch of road it went as high as 23.1 kmpl.

Saw every color at the showroom except the red. I liked the colors in the following order - Blue , White , Silver , Orange , Brown.
rosaf is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 18:13   #552
Senior - BHPian

Did Tata disclose total Tiago booking numbers? Looks like they got good booking looking at numbers shared by some dealers.
Old 21st April 2016, 18:31   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Did Tata disclose total Tiago booking numbers? Looks like they got good booking looking at numbers shared by some dealers.
As per a leading daily, Tiago has garnered 300 bookings here in Rajasthan and 100 cars have already been delivered in the last 10 days.
Petrol carries a waiting period of 4 weeks while diesel 6 weeks.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 18:40   #554
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I am a bit baffled by Tata's manufacturing process. Why no diesel cars till now for delivery? Why isn't the Red color available even in petrol? Why is there 6 weeks waiting period for a car which isn't a blockbuster as of now. As per my knowledge Tata has enough production capacity so all this unwanted delay will only create a negative impact in the customers mind. And even if there is some genuine reason for these delays a spokesperson from Tata should clarify it. Really Disappointing.
Old 21st April 2016, 21:26   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
As per a leading daily, Tiago has garnered 300 bookings here in Rajasthan and 100 cars have already been delivered in the last 10 days.
Petrol carries a waiting period of 4 weeks while diesel 6 weeks.
Only 300 bookings in all of Rajasthan? That sounds a bit low based on dealer's numbers reported from various cities on this forum. But asuming this is correct, extrapolating this to roughly 20 states only brings the total to about 6000 bookings. Quite low compared to expectations.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd April 2016 at 07:21. Reason: Dotty Post fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks