Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 22:01   #2041
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine worked as a manager in Nexa. He left Nexa by the time we bought Baleno for Papa, but he told to check specifically when taking delivery that they give 10L fuel, people don't know so these dealers do not give. They had given 5L fuel, and upon insisting they went with us to the nearby fuel bunk and got 5L more filled for free at the time of delivery.
AdityaDeane is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 09:42   #2042
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Brought home our Tiago XZA in brown color last week and very happy with the initial usage of the car. The compact foot print, the responsive AMT, the amazing music system are appreciated by everyone. One of the main aspect that i observed is the reduction in engine vibration from the three potter compared the the TD car that i drove. There is a massive reduction in the vibes and i hope it only gets better when the engine beds in. I have taken P2P for 4 years and also extended warranty to ensure that any mechanical issues will not pinch me hard for atleast 4 years.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 11:36   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Had been to Concorde motors (dairy circle) on Saturday to get my seat belt and hard gear shift issue addressed.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Update : The seat belt was replaced under warranty and no cost. The new one works fine. The CRM at concorde motors was a pleasant person to deal with (surprisingly).
girimajiananth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 13:28   #2044
BHPian

Please help me in pairing google maps in tiago infotainment console. I have tried numerous times but unable to. Any guidance preferably step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 14:35   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Please help me in pairing google maps in tiago infotainment console. I have tried numerous times but unable to. Any guidance preferably step by step would be greatly appreciated.
Tiago and Tigor use offline free map by Navi Maps and not Google Maps. You should check out the ConnectNext All Suite for Tata Motors cars or look inside your Owner's Manual or ConnectNext Infotainment System manual to learn how to download those maps and use them for Navigating.

Check this video on how to use Maps in Tiago/Tigor:-

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2018 at 07:45. Reason: Correction
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 18:06   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
I've a query to my fellow Tiago Owners. I own the Tiago XZA 2017 batch ( one of the first). Is there any way to open the boot using the remote?

Right now, I have only two ways of opening it. Boot open lever under the driver's seat or manually opening it with key. I heard that in Tigor you can open the boot by long press the middle (Headlamp) button on the remote. Is there any way to replicate the same on Tiago? Some software tweaks or something?
Hi! Try this. Press the Courtesy light key. The Middle button for 3+ seconds. and let me know if that worked out. Cheers!

Oops I did not read your post in full where you seem to have tried the same thing. eeep!

Last edited by boohooper : 21st August 2018 at 18:09.
Old 22nd August 2018, 19:34   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Guy's I'm planning to book a Tiago XZA Petrol AMT for my wife tomorrow as I was impressed with the car after the test drive.

Now I'm having a hard time deciding on the color, how is the paint quality ? are colors like Espresso Brown and Titanium grey rich and deep as in do they glisten ?I can't get a clear idea by watching videos and photos.

Also her driving is going to be very minimal, maybe within 5000-7000 Km a year. In this case will the AMC Gold package be worth for 8,307 Rs for 2 years or 30,000 km. Can I skip this as well as the extended warranty ?
Old 22nd August 2018, 21:35   #2048
Senior - BHPian

AMC is dependent on the actual usage. But I would always suggest going in for extended warranty and zero dep insurance from bumper to bumper.
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:03   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
how is the paint quality ? are colors like Espresso Brown and Titanium grey rich and deep as in do they glisten ?
The quality is perfectly fine. Both these colours have flakes in the paint, so they have a very nice finish under light, and the clearcoat takes on polish well to give you that glossy/wet look appearance.

BTW, what colour was the TD car? I thought they were usually the Espresso Brown.

Before booking, ask the SA to show you both colours in the flesh - either in terms of cars in the delivery stockyard, or at least cars that have come in for a service. These are both popular colours, so it shouldn't be too hard.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 10:34   #2050
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel AMC is not worth the money since they will change the parts strictly according to schedule and most of the stuff do not need replacing for minimum 2 years. Engine oil is changed once a year and that is the only item that they will pay for. Instead I would suggest you go for the 4 years P2P which covers all the engine and transmission parts, suspension and drivetrain parts. This will be very useful in the long run . Routine service will not cost you more than 3k an yeerif you do it according to the manual.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 14:57   #2051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The quality is perfectly fine. Both these colours have flakes in the paint, so they have a very nice finish under light, and the clearcoat takes on polish well to give you that glossy/wet look appearance.

BTW, what colour was the TD car? I thought they were usually the Espresso Brown.

Before booking, ask the SA to show you both colours in the flesh - either in terms of cars in the delivery stockyard, or at least cars that have come in for a service. These are both popular colours, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Yeah I went to their stockyard and saw all the color's. Was interested in taking the orange first as my kid liked it a lot in pictures but after seeing it in flesh all were disappointed.

Espresso Brown and Titanium Grey looked good. We booked the Brown now.

The TD car was red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I feel AMC is not worth the money since they will change the parts strictly according to schedule and most of the stuff do not need replacing for minimum 2 years. Engine oil is changed once a year and that is the only item that they will pay for. Instead I would suggest you go for the 4 years P2P which covers all the engine and transmission parts, suspension and drivetrain parts. This will be very useful in the long run . Routine service will not cost you more than 3k an yeerif you do it according to the manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
AMC is dependent on the actual usage. But I would always suggest going in for extended warranty and zero dep insurance from bumper to bumper.
Yeah I'm not going in for AMC as my wife's usage is very low. I will go for the extended warranty and 0 Dep insurance is already included for free as an offer. Actually that's the only discount they are giving.

We can take this P2P anytime just before the warranty gets over right ?

Also have Tata done anything to improve engine refinement in 2018 models ? Tiago was not even in my consideration because of poor engine refinement and NVH as per reviews. I just did an accidental TD last minute before finalizing on the Grand i10 and was pleasantly surprised that it was close to the grand i10 in NVH and refinement levels at almost a lakh cheaper too.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 25th August 2018 at 15:00.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 20:16   #2052
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure as to what Tata have done, but like you said, even I am pleasantly surprised by the reduction in nvh levels in my Tiago. There is a very noticeable improvement from the TD vehicle
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 17:19   #2053
BHPian

So I finally moved back to India. I got a chance to take out the little Tiago in city traffic and was quite impressed with it. I decided to take it out to the highways and what better than a dash to Lucknow and back on the same day. That meant almost 1200 kms of driving.

I can happily say that this car does really well on the highways. It gives stellar economy as well on the highways doing triple digit speeds all day. I used only city mode for the whole trip. Really surprised me.

The car has done 6,000 kms now in 2 and half months. Not a garage queen for sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-40093930_10160747283915503_1120811173755748352_n.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-40110868_10160746431255503_1145224386341502976_n.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-40211536_10160747283580503_5831494423124377600_n.jpg  

RoadGlide is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 16:10   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

Overall experience was satisfactory. Although there are two issues which I found out after driving for a while. First being the wheel alignment, it seems like the wheel is not properly aligned since the steering is slightly tilted towards the left when the car is moving in straight line. S
Congratulation's. Even I got my XZA 3 day's back and it's the exact same spec as your's. Even the color is the same

Sadly even the steering wheel issue is the same. it's slightly tilted towards the left. I discovered it at PDI and informed them but they didn't fix it.

Have they fixed this issue for you ?
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 19:12   #2055
BHPian

Congratulations guys and happy motoring on your XZA.

My XZA is due for one year service in few months and this will be an oil change service. The odo would clock close to 9k km. I am a bit skeptical about TASS really changing the oil and the filter. How would I ensure if they have done both. I can check the oil before and after service in the engine but since the kilometers are not so much I am not sure if the difference is noticeable even with faster aging of oil on new engine.
Same goes for the replacement of fuel filter, wheel alignment.
Any leads here. Washing car is the only thing I believe most of the ASS religiously do without insisting.

This doubt is for the reason that in second service the booklet mentions rotation of tires but TASS did not do it and said it is not necessary. After showing them the checklist for second service they did this with a comment that people writing this manual are not the experts .

-UB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks