Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 09:48   #1966
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

My uncle has booked an Espresso Brown Tiago XTA they have given a price of around Rs. 5,89,000 on the road including B2B insurance with 0 depreciation (7000 off on the insurance premium).

I have a query for the members here. This car will be sparingly used say not more than 500KM a month. Would taking the AMC and Extended Warranty make sense or the Extended Warranty alone?

Unfortunately though I advised them to go for the Tiago over the Celerio I was unable to accompany them to the Showroom to book the car.

Does anyone know the approximate price to extend warranty for 5 year's total and the AMC if required?

Last edited by nmenon : 1st June 2018 at 09:49. Reason: Proofing
Old 2nd June 2018, 13:01   #1967
YDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
This car will be sparingly used say not more than 500KM a month. Would taking the AMC and Extended Warranty make sense or the Extended Warranty alone?

Does anyone know the approximate price to extend warranty for 5 year's total and the AMC if required?
nmenon, Congrats for booking Tiago! Espresso brown was even my first choice but ended up in silver

IMO, 500kms a month makes 6000 kms a year & 30k kms in 5 years; I wouldn't have gone for AMC in this case(30k kms old is my Tiago & nothing serious here). Taking extended warranty alone is best option. I bought extended warranty approximately for INR 7000/-.
YDS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 16:47   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDS View Post
nmenon, Congrats for booking Tiago! Espresso brown was even my first choice but ended up in silver

IMO, 500kms a month makes 6000 kms a year & 30k kms in 5 years; I wouldn't have gone for AMC in this case(30k kms old is my Tiago & nothing serious here). Taking extended warranty alone is best option. I bought extended warranty approximately for INR 7000/-.
Thank you! This booking for my uncle. We haven't decided on whether to go for AMC, extended warranty is definitely opted for.

Thanks for the suggestion I also was not sure of going from AMC since their running is very low.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 14:01   #1969
BHPian

Tiago Wizz seems to have been discontinued. Not surprised as it was just a limited edition.
Not listed on site anymore.
Also not available on Carwale etc. I am sure it was available 10-15 days ago.
Has it made way for Tigor Buzz - a similar limited edition treatment given to its styleback sibling.?
Old 10th June 2018, 08:35   #1970

ConnectNext/Harman Kardon in Tiago is very buggy.

1. When I connect my phone via Bluetooth to the system and play songs, I'm able to change tracks via the steering mounted controls and the Prev/Next buttons on the system. Once I receive a call and I attend it via the steering control or my phone directly, both the buttons won't change tracks totally until I restart the car. Yes, restart the car.

2. 99.9% of the times, when I try to make a call via the Phone button in the infotainment system, it says, "Outgoing call request failed". (Make it 100% now after the Tata service guys updated the software to Jan 30, 2018's version)

Has anyone else faced these issues?
dhruvafc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 11:48   #1971
YDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvafc View Post
ConnectNext/Harman Kardon in Tiago is very buggy.

Has anyone else faced these issues?
IMO, best way is to go to the authorized service station/ another update. If they are unable to solve it for you, shoot a mail to customercare@tatamotors.com. They will surely contact you.
YDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 11:58   #1972
BHPian

Guys,

I am booking Tiago XZA this weekend. Went through all the Tiago threads however I do not see any comprehensive review on XZA. There are some posts in this thread however those are bit old.
Can someone please provide latest information on how the AT will be in long run etc.

My primary use is 99-10 % City - Highway.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 20th June 2018, 13:18   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Guys,

I am booking Tiago XZA this weekend. Went through all the Tiago threads however I do not see any comprehensive review on XZA. There are some posts in this thread however those are bit old.
Can someone please provide latest information on how the AT will be in long run etc.

Thanks,
Vishal.
1 year 2 months with the AMT. No complaints. Similar usage.... Almost exclusively City driving. IRL FE is between 8.7 to 10.2 in City. Add a little highway like trips to Borivali or Thane and it goes upto 12.7 to 13.3.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 13:37   #1974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
1 year 2 months with the AMT. No complaints. Similar usage.... Almost exclusively City driving. IRL FE is between 8.7 to 10.2 in City. Add a little highway like trips to Borivali or Thane and it goes upto 12.7 to 13.3.
Has the vibration at idle increased or reduced with time?

I am currently sitting on the fence with the purchase of AMT . In the TD car which had run 15K kms in 1.5 yrs, i could see the A pillar vibrating at idle a lot. And the overall vibrations felt a bit jarring to the point that i felt it difficult to read message on my mobile phone because of the jarring effect on my eyes.

Want to know if it was a one off case or a norm.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 15:13   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Dr Suraj. Mileage you mentioned is very low compared to what company claim. Did you tried using the manual mode to increase the mileage ? Just asking because I have zero experience in AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I am currently sitting on the fence with the purchase of AMT . In the TD car which had run 15K kms in 1.5 yrs, i could see the A pillar vibrating at idle a lot. And the overall vibrations felt a bit jarring to the point that i felt it difficult to read message on my mobile phone because of the jarring effect on my eyes.

I share the same experience. When I visited Concorde Motors first time, the TD vehicle was not maintained properly and it was vibrating a lot. Second time I went to other Concorde Motors and they were having clean new vehicle. On inquiring about vibration issue SA mentioned that first lot vehicles were showing more vibration and it is corrected in newer lot now. However lets wait for owners to share their views on this.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 15:56   #1976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I share the same experience. When I visited Concorde Motors first time, the TD vehicle was not maintained properly and it was vibrating a lot. Second time I went to other Concorde Motors and they were having clean new vehicle. On inquiring about vibration issue SA mentioned that first lot vehicles were showing more vibration and it is corrected in newer lot now. However lets wait for owners to share their views on this.
Yes, i sat in a 2018 MT car and the vibration was much reduced. I should have sat in a Tigor to get a comparison. The Tigor has a balancer shaft to mute the vibrations. Have to see if tata has incorporated the same into Tiago as well.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 17:37   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i sat in a 2018 MT car and the vibration was much reduced. I should have sat in a Tigor to get a comparison. The Tigor has a balancer shaft to mute the vibrations. Have to see if tata has incorporated the same into Tiago as well.
Yes. It is much better in 2017 and subsequently 2018 models. When j sat jn Tiago in 2016 thr vibrations were much higher. But, they have still not added the balancer shaft that Tigor had to the Tiago.

Quote:
Thank you Dr Suraj. Mileage you mentioned is very low compared to what company claim. Did you tried using the manual mode to increase the mileage ? Just asking because I have zero experience in AT.
Yes. This is quite low. And had me worried too. A lot of contributing factors. 1 often driven in City mode by my wife. Then, over the weekend my father likes to rip it in sports mode. Add to it the fact that it is used predominantly for local runs (classes for the kids, market etc) so spends a lot of time either in choc-a-bloc traffic or even idling for more than 10 minutes at a time!
I, too, was alarmed and tried 1 full cycle in manual exclusive mode and the numbers shot up by 1.7 kmpl overall.
And yes this our first AT. That too AMT. It needs a really light foot, which because we are used to heavy Tata cars like Manza and earlier Indica we really don't have. :P

Quote:

1st batch did have this issue IIRC. I have done 8k in 1 year. Didn't have the vibration issue to begin with and hasn't developed it either so far. 2 services done. No expenses. Everything holding up well. So far.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 11:28   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
I, too, was alarmed and tried 1 full cycle in manual exclusive mode and the numbers shot up by 1.7 kmpl overall.
And yes this our first AT. That too AMT. It needs a really light foot, which because we are used to heavy Tata cars like Manza and earlier Indica we really don't have. :P
My daily running is 45 Km in bumper to bumper traffic so looking at the millage figures you are getting (around 7500 Rs / month) I am rethinking on my decision of XZA. I think Diesel XZ will be good for me, unfortunately I have to go ahead without AMT as its not available in Diesel.

Lets see how it goes.
Old 21st June 2018, 18:27   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
My daily running is 45 Km in bumper to bumper traffic so looking at the millage figures you are getting (around 7500 Rs / month) I am rethinking on my decision of XZA. I think Diesel XZ will be good for me, unfortunately I have to go ahead without AMT as its not available in Diesel.

Lets see how it goes.
Daily running 45 kms in bumper to bumper traffic? How much time do you spend on the commute? The daily running of our Tiago is approx 15 kms per day. Traffic, or errands and chores - start and no stop - idling. Frankly, the Nano was perfect for this kind of activity. Bought the Tiago purely for the airbags. In your case, 45 kms sounds much better than 15 kms - I would assume you would get a much better FE figure if the car 'moves'! Do re-think it. How much time does it take for you to cover the distance, one way?
For example, when the Tiago goes to Borivali and back (round trip of 54 kms) - the time duration is 2 hours 15 minutes and the FE is in the healthy range of 12.5 to 13.7 kms. Do evaluate it keeping time as a factor too and not just kms (essentially average speed).

Not sure if there are many options in the hatchback segment that have a Diesel + AT combo. Ignis D discontinued. Polo is another good option. Dzire has a D + AMT & then there is the new Amaze - D + CVT (good FE figures).

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 21st June 2018 at 18:28.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 19:34   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Our July 2017 Tiago XZA has completed about 5100 kms. When just bought it was being used as a city run-about but since the last 6 months its duties have changed and it now goes on highway drives and is being used on weekends in the city. City mileage hovers around 14-15 kmpl(mild traffic) and highway figures are around 20-20.5 in winters without a/c and around 18kmpl with 100% a/c in summers. Car has been serviced twice with the oil being changed only once.

Gearbox has thankfully been good, its an AMT so you need to understand how it works if you arent in a hurry it performs ok and wont disappoint however the Sport mode is really good, holds the revs for much longer and makes it more enjoyable to drive. I've encountered 2 problems till date, first issue was a little noise from the front suspension under braking(when the car dives) and the second windshield washers not working which was diagnosed to a cut in the water pipe both issues taken care of Free of Cost. Car is very good to drive i.e ride quality, handling, high speed stability and even steering is decent and that is why we prefer the tiago over the verna for a highway drive even though the revotron engine is not a scorcher.

FE depends a lot on your driving style, weather, maintenance apart from traffic so i suggest you to re-evaluate your options. It certainly is not a guzzler but maybe cant be compared to a Maruti in terms of FE.

Happy Shopping!
trinity0114 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks