Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2018, 12:40   #1951
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
In my humble opinion, Tiago AMT should give around 12 KMPL at the peak time mentioned by you, on highways, it would easily touch 18 KMPL.

Pls also note that i10 Grand Automatic does not comes with ABS and Airbags, even if FE for Tiago is 1-2 Kmpl less than i10 Grand, i would still suggest to go for Tiago owing to safety features.
Grand i 10 sports (o) variant now has ABS. Update made a month back. It already had 2 airbags for sometime now.
Old 14th May 2018, 15:32   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Any Tiago automatic owners from Bangalore? What is the actual fuel efficiency you get in B2B peak hour traffic? Let's say outer ring road at 9 am.

Sales rep claims people have got 16 kmpl. I take that with a tablespoon of salt. Please comment. I'm confused between I 10 grand automatic and Tiago automatic. If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.
I get 11 kmpl XZA. I face B2B traffic 50% of the time. My usual start time to office is 9.30 am. 16 kmpl would be a dream for me, at least in Bangalore.
However, my car is relatively new (700 kms run till date) and first servicing is due next week. Not sure if mileage would increase after servicing.
Mishrap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:35   #1953
BHPian

Quote:

Sales rep claims people have got 16 kmpl. I take that with a tablespoon of salt. Please comment. I'm confused between I 10 grand automatic and Tiago automatic. If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.
What a joke! Ask them if they'll commit to this in writing then see all the uncomfortable and awkward gestures, faces and statements to wriggle out of it!

Based on what other Tiago automatic owners say, and knowing the nightmare that is ORR traffic, you may expect 9 to 10 kmpl in city conditions. If that is shocking, don't be. Automatic cars are generally less fuel efficient than manuals.

On the plus side, the highway mileage should be about 18 kmpl on good highways.
Motard_Blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 17:58   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Sales rep claims people have got 16 kmpl. I take that with a tablespoon of salt.
Take that with a bag of salt. 16kmpl in Bengaluru traffic is a dream. Our Alto800 also struggles to give 14kmpl. Anyways, our Tiago XZA gives 11-12kmpl. It is 2 months old and has completed its first service. It is driven exclusively by my wife and is for office commute only (ORR).

Two small trips on the highway yielded close to 19kmpl. But overall, its a fantastic car, you just cant go wrong with it.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 22:28   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
I'm confused between I 10 grand automatic and Tiago automatic. If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.
I have not driven the Tiago, but I have driven the Grand i10 auto quite a few times. Frankly speaking it's great for Tata that you are comparing Tiago to the Grand i10 which is actually a segment above. But in my opinion if you can afford the Grand i10 think seriously before buying the Tiago.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Tiago as such and fuel efficiency would also not be a deal breaker. But somewhere down the line you should not feel you settled down for a "smaller" car when you could have easily bought a car from a segment above.

Also the automatic on the Grand i10 would any day be better than the AMT.

PS: Out of the two, Tiago would win my vote but only because Hyundai doesn't interest me. And not to mention the money saved
400notout is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 22:33   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
I have not driven the Tiago, but I have driven the Grand i10 auto quite a few times. Frankly speaking it's great for Tata that you are comparing Tiago to the Grand i10 which is actually a segment above. But in my opinion if you can afford the Grand i10 think seriously before buying the Tiago.

Not that there is anything wrong with the Tiago as such and fuel efficiency would also not be a deal breaker. But somewhere down the line you should not feel you settled down for a "smaller" car when you could have easily bought a car from a segment above.

Also the automatic on the Grand i10 would any day be better than the AMT.

PS: Out of the two, Tiago would win my vote but only because Hyundai doesn't interest me. And not to mention the money saved
Your last sentence summarises my situation
Head says i 10 grand while heart says Tiago.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 23:12   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Your last sentence summarises my situation
Head says i 10 grand while heart says Tiago.
Well in that case the heart would win as it is also complimented by the wallet .

You would save atleast a lakh on purchase plus lower insurance and maintenance costs every year. Build quality of Tiago is IMO better ( judging from accident pics) than Grand i10 (failed ncap tests) do correct me if I'm mistaken. The Harmon system means no after market solutions required. The Grand I 10 has ordinary audio output. The Hyundai does have a better auto, no two ways about that. However you can make peace with the AMT if you drive sedately.

It would have been another case had you been going for the Tiago just because of the lower price. But since you seem to like the car better than the Grand i10. You should definitely go for it. There's no intelligence in buying a pricier car when you could have been happier with something which is more value for your money.

I hope this helps you. All the best deciding.
400notout is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 14:58   #1958
BHPian

My Tiago is due for its final free service and oil change next month. Can any Tiago owners let me know how much the oil change cost ? Is there anything I need to look out for ? Does this car run on mineral oil or full synthetic oil ?
Old 16th May 2018, 14:43   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Any Tiago automatic owners from Bangalore?
===
If fuel efficiency is not drastically different between the two, it will help my decision.
Mine is one year old and dont face much of bumper to bumper traffic, I get 13 to 13.5 consistently
amit_mind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:16   #1960
BHPian

Booked Tiago XZA from Prerana Motors, Bangalore against exchange of wife's 2004 model Santro. Estimated delivery is on Friday. Considered this over Celerio (which was 50k cheaper) mainly due to the body strength. Felt more secure than Celerio while sitting inside.
RajeshK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:34   #1961

I have booked the Tiago XZA, Sunburst Orange, for my soon to be wife. Can someone please help me with a link to the PDI, specific to the Tiago if possible, as I will be taking the delivery tomorrow.
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:06   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Well in that case the heart would win as it is also complimented by the wallet .

You would save atleast a lakh on purchase plus lower insurance and maintenance costs every year. Build quality of Tiago is IMO better ( judging from accident pics) than Grand i10 (failed ncap tests) do correct me if I'm mistaken. The Harmon system means no after market solutions required. The Grand I 10 has ordinary audio output. The Hyundai does have a better auto, no two ways about that. However you can make peace with the AMT if you drive sedately.

It would have been another case had you been going for the Tiago just because of the lower price. But since you seem to like the car better than the Grand i10. You should definitely go for it. There's no intelligence in buying a pricier car when you could have been happier with something which is more value for your money.

I hope this helps you. All the best deciding.
Thank you for your help. I finally booked Hyundai Grand i10 sportz AT in flame orange colour.

Did a third test drive of Tiago sometime back which made me decide. It was a car with 25k mileage. I know that test drive cars are abused, but still this one was rattling very badly. But what was the deal breaker was the vibration on the steering wheel. Compared to that grand i10 had better refinement.
Dealing with Hyundai has been trouble free so far(touch wood). Car was ordered and reached in 4 days. Did PDI today and expecting to get it by Sunday.
Lambydude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:09   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your help. I finally booked Hyundai Grand i10 sportz AT in flame orange colour.
Congratulations on you purchase. As I said nothing like it if you can afford it. You won't be disappointed. Wishing you many happy miles.
400notout is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 21:18   #1964
YDS
BHPian

We did few trips to Himalayas back to back (To Auli, To Pooh and To Almora) in last 40 days.
Car performed very well. (except the AC cabin filter which got choked & further replaced)

Sharing highlights here

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7113-1.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7160.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7258.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7260.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7303.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_7320.jpg
YDS is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 12:06   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Hired a 3k km's old Tiago XT (Diesel) from Zoomcar for a day.

The diesel has a horrendous droning sound at cruising speeds of 80kmph. No wonder many are buying the petrol, despite the diesel being a king of FE. On the positives, the car is quite nimble and fun to chuck around. Will take a petrol for a long drive sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks