Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 11:17   #1981
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Daily running 45 kms in bumper to bumper traffic? How much time do you spend on the commute? How much time does it take for you to cover the distance, one way?

Not sure if there are many options in the hatchback segment that have a Diesel + AT combo. Ignis D discontinued. Polo is another good option. Dzire has a D + AMT & then there is the new Amaze - D + CVT (good FE figures).
In morning I cover 25 Km in a hour or so and in evening while returning back it takes 1.5 hrs for 20 Km. So total 2.5 hrs for 45 km. Fortunately I found one XZA owner in my office who travels on the same way as mine to office and he is getting 14 - 15 mileage in city and 20+ on highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Our July 2017 Tiago XZA has completed about 5100 kms. When just bought it was being used as a city run-about but since the last 6 months its duties have changed and it now goes on highway drives and is being used on weekends in the city. City mileage hovers around 14-15 kmpl(mild traffic) and highway figures are around 20-20.5 in winters without a/c and around 18kmpl with 100% a/c in summers. Car has been serviced twice with the oil being changed only once.

FE depends a lot on your driving style, weather, maintenance apart from traffic so i suggest you to re-evaluate your options. It certainly is not a guzzler but maybe cant be compared to a Maruti in terms of FE.

Happy Shopping!
Thanks a lot for detailed review of your car.

I think now I will go ahead with XZA as my budget was 5 L which is stretched to 6.5 L and I want to strict to it. Also Tiago is very much value for money in this budget without any compromise.
Old 22nd June 2018, 14:39   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
In morning I cover 25 Km in a hour or so and in evening while returning back it takes 1.5 hrs for 20 Km. So total 2.5 hrs for 45 km. Fortunately I found one XZA owner in my office who travels on the same way as mine to office and he is getting 14 - 15 mileage in city and 20+ on highway.
There you go... Problem is not with the car, but the drivers of the car and the conditions in which the car is driven. So I don't blame my Tiago for low FE. Glad you could get that cleared up. You can now purchase it with a clear mind and enjoy it for the VFM proposition that it is.

Imagine this, during our daily run 5 days a week the car does not even get to slot into 4th gear even once. :(
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:37   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Thank you! This booking for my uncle. We haven't decided on whether to go for AMC, extended warranty is definitely opted for.

Thanks for the suggestion I also was not sure of going from AMC since their running is very low.
Need some quick advice.

My uncle received a call from the Tata Dealership to make a down payment to block the car in his name.

Having received a similar call and had lots of issues with Ford I'm not sure if such a payment should even be made.

The dealership claims that only 1 Espresso Brown Tiago XTA is there in their lot so the payment has to be made to ensure that he gets the car.

The only idea I can currently come up with is to ask them to give the delivery date in writing if the payment is made.

Please advice quickly since my uncle is planning to visit the showroom by 12 PM today and I really am confused whether I should agree to him making the payment.

Any suggestions

Last edited by nmenon : 23rd June 2018 at 09:38. Reason: Proofing
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:02   #1984
Team-BHP Support

If the car's already in their lot, ask them to show you the car and commit to pay only if satisfied. Shouldn't be an issue if they actually have an unallotted car ready to deliver. If not, you're better off booking and waiting a bit, Tiagos aren't exactly taking months to supply like some Marutis so you won't have to wait much.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:08   #1985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need some quick advice.

My uncle received a call from the Tata Dealership to make a down payment to block the car in his name.

Having received a similar call and had lots of issues with Ford I'm not sure if such a payment should even be made.

The dealership claims that only 1 Espresso Brown Tiago XTA is there in their lot so the payment has to be made to ensure that he gets the car.

The only idea I can currently come up with is to ask them to give the delivery date in writing if the payment is made.

Please advice quickly since my uncle is planning to visit the showroom by 12 PM today and I really am confused whether I should agree to him making the payment.

Any suggestions
Dealers do ask for some part payment to block an available car. If your uncle can see the car and is satisfied then paying money shouldn’t be an issue.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:19   #1986
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Need some quick advice.
Concorde in Pune did the same with me; said they will only show me the vehicle after I do full payment. What my SA mentioned was, I will be allotted a car only once payment is done and hence, she can only then show it to me.

Their yard had a 100 Tiagos and five in the variant/color I wanted. At least she allowed me to do PDI as that was my pre-condition. She mentioned that as policy, they don't allow customers to do PDI.

In your case, this shouldn't problem (of knowing which car is allotted) as there is only car of your choice available. So, looks like arm twisting.

PDI should ideally not be a problem but ask the dealership the plan of action in case you chose not to go ahead with that particular car. How long would the wait for another be, or the process for refund.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:29   #1987
BHPian

So the dealership made a call now to my uncle.

I stepped and spoke to the dealership person.

He agreed to give us the engine and chassis number today and allow us a PDI once the car arrives.

The car is currently in transit. I told them that we can only make a part payment to block the car, the rest of the payment to be made post PDI if satisfied.

Also I asked them to give a receipt that states the amount is refundable in case of any issues and also give us a delivery date in writing, with appropriate lead time (for any delays etc) and any further push back on this date would mean that we will cancel the booking and expect a refund asap.

So they agreed to confirm and call me back post which my uncle will go and make a cheque payment for 50% of the amount and collect the engine and chassis number and a receipt with the above preconditions.

I just hope that I don't have to start an argument with this dealership on behalf of my uncle and contact Tata as well.

Dealing with one car company is bad enough.

Last edited by nmenon : 23rd June 2018 at 10:55.
Old 23rd June 2018, 15:20   #1988
BHPian

A Mr.Anshul has posted this on the Tiago FB group.

Maybe this could kick up a controversy.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20180623151447__01.jpg

Mods, please delete or move this post if not relevant here.
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 08:22   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Thank you Dr Suraj. Mileage you mentioned is very low compared to what company claim. Did you tried using the manual mode to increase the mileage ? Just asking because I have zero experience in AT.

I share the same experience. When I visited Concorde Motors first time, the TD vehicle was not maintained properly and it was vibrating a lot. Second time I went to other Concorde Motors and they were having clean new vehicle. On inquiring about vibration issue SA mentioned that first lot vehicles were showing more vibration and it is corrected in newer lot now. However lets wait for owners to share their views on this.

I have been using Tiago XZA since July 2017 and have covered more than 12000 km till date. The FE I get in Pune city is around 14-15 kmpl whereas during highway drives it is around 21 kmpl.

Absolutely no issues till date.
JitendraK78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 10:32   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
The FE I get in Pune city is around 14-15 kmpl whereas during highway drives it is around 21 kmpl.

Absolutely no issues till date.
Is the fuel consumption on tank full to tank full basis or as indicated by the MID screen?
Old 24th June 2018, 10:55   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Is the fuel consumption on tank full to tank full basis or as indicated by the MID screen?

It is on tankful to tankful basis. MID shows more FE than actual.
Old 24th June 2018, 19:42   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
It is on tankful to tankful basis. MID shows more FE than actual.
Wow! That really is excellent!

I have noticed that the Tiago fuel consumption can be in wide range - some, like you, seem to get excellent mileage. Others at the other extreme get single digit figures. So this begs the question, is the Tiago excessively sensitive to driving styles and traffic conditions or is it a quality issue?

My Tiago is consistently in the low double digits in Bangalore city traffic, sometimes barely reaching double digits.
Old 24th June 2018, 21:46   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Wow! That really is excellent!

I have noticed that the Tiago fuel consumption can be in wide range - some, like you, seem to get excellent mileage. Others at the other extreme get single digit figures. So this begs the question, is the Tiago excessively sensitive to driving styles and traffic conditions or is it a quality issue?

My Tiago is consistently in the low double digits in Bangalore city traffic, sometimes barely reaching double digits.

When I drive the car, I get the FE that I mentioned in my earlier post. If my wife drives it, the FE drops by 2-3 kmpl in case of city or highway drives. But I would say that this is applicable in any car since I have experienced this with my Rapid as well.

Any car would return significantly different FE values in case of different driving styles and traffic conditions. Tiago does not behave any different compared to other models.
Old 25th June 2018, 01:41   #1994
BHPian

Our little Tiago finally came home. It was a long time coming and finally she is here. It is the XZA variant and with the need of automatics increasing by the hour in Delhi traffic, the Tiago was a no-brainer.

Sadly I am away from home and cannot provide an indepth experience of the car but here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-34594909_10160425385040503_1829070865917018112_n.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-34701783_10160425384800503_3274471031972036608_n.jpg  

RoadGlide is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 11:19   #1995
Team-BHP Support

Picked up a Tiago XZA for the wife last week. For quite some time, we felt the need for a second car, a small one for city runs. And the purchase decision was always about the Tiago. I never really strongly considered other cars as the Tiago felt a perfect fit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post4417510

Tata Tiago : Official Review-be5baa26bf404a109254175564b27318.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-3c25f40d07a941bcaaf97e6e9d5c8832.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-e7e9714d48634d719403f296fb2649da.jpeg

Showroom/Delivery experience: I wanted a TD for namesake and registered on the Tiago website. Although I got a call from the Tata call centre rightaway, there was nothing from any dealer in Pune. I then called Concorde and a TD was arranged at my place within a few hours, on a Friday. TD done, I had an initial discussion with the SA on the offers, availability etc. Luckily, they had a XZA in Sunburst Orange ready.

I was out of town for the weekend so nothing progressed, more so because the SA didn't budge from her offer and the Micra was a fleeting thought. Monday was quiet; although I did receive a call from another dealer. Didn't seem like he was offering a better offer. I called my SA on Tuesday and decided to book the car.

Payment was transferred the next day and since I had insisted on a PDI on car allotment, that was done on Friday. I was told that the papers would be sent to RTO on the following Monday and they'd try to schedule delivery by Wednesday (without reg. no, which came on Friday).

On Wednesday, the delivery process was quick and efficient. The SA gave us a neatly arranged folder with all the documents separated and explained them. We were in and out in an hour.

I have to say how impressed I am with Tata. The SAs, the showroom experience was on par with the experience I had with Ford and Honda. Maybe a tiny notch less but fairly on par.

* A small miss: the windshield washer tank was empty. This, despite the manual clearly having an entry "Check washer fluid" for the PDI.

Initial impressions on the car:

I have driven about 150 kms; mix of a 20km highway run and the rest in city traffic.

What I like:

- Really good styling; all the right proportions and curves
- The XZA is a wonderful package: from a comfort, convenience and safety point of view. My primary car is a 11-lakh EcoSport AT and the Tiago has almost every feature (except for ACC and side/curtain airbags)
- AMT: the gearbox sure is not true automatic but then, it isn't advertised as such so you know what you're getting into

What I didn't like:

- Lack of "P": I'm not sure why there isn't one but slotting to N while parking will take getting used to. I always use the hand brake but I'm curious about the impact on the physical gears, especially when parked on inclines, due to this?
- Lack of the need to press a button while shifting gears: the gear lever movement is butter smooth and once, I accidentally moved it from A to N. I noticed it only because of the beeps. Not sure if it can go to R as well, and the resulting implication
- Hill-hold: I'm used to this on the EcoSport and it is terrific feature to have

Some misses:

- Steering controls: you can't change tracks. What was achieved by not providing an additional button for this?! There is a button to change volume and source and scan radio stations but not change tracks.
- The setting for intermittent wiper is opposite between the EcoSport and Tiago: the biggest dash on the ES means lowest interval between wiper action while on the Tiago, it means, longest interval

A longer term ownership will be more conclusive on the experience but from little I have driven the Tiago over a week has completely impressed me. Tata deserves a generous pat on their backs for this turnaround.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th June 2018 at 11:43.
libranof1987 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks