Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 09:19   #1231
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Finally I too am a proud owner of the Tiago XZ petrol. Vehicle delivered this morning.
Total booking time : 31 days (got car due to cancellation by another customer)
Final price on road : 588900 (including AMC, Extended warranty, zero dep insurance)
First impression : A real value for money car. Lots of space, big car like handling and good quality of interiors.

Ownership coming soon...
Where did you buy the car? I checked on road (Bangalore) prices on carwale, XZ was priced at 6L after tata increased the prices by 15K.
Old 1st November 2016, 09:38   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Where did you buy the car? I checked on road (Bangalore) prices on carwale, XZ was priced at 6L after tata increased the prices by 15K.
I have the understanding that the second time hike in prices is rupees seven thousand flat across all models.
Old 1st November 2016, 13:16   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Congratulations dear. This is probably the fastest procurement. Which color did you choose? Do share some awesome pictures too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
@Majumdarda : Thanks . I chose the Sunburst orange color (as it was the color available after another customer had cancelled his order).

I bought the car from Hyson Motors, Trichur,Kerala. Dealer was able to bill the car before price hike (hence I could get the old onroad price).
vinuchel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:39   #1234
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

We would FINALLY be getting delivery of our Tiago Petrol XZ in the coming week. It's been a 5-month long wait for a car which had a 'committed' delivery timeline of 3 months.

I went and checked the car out at the yard, and the blue color is awesome.

The journey has been a mixed bag so far. Have had quite a bit of interesting experiences during the booking, the waiting period and now delivery. Will start an ownership thread whenever time permits.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 00:07   #1235
BHPian

Tata is doing a decent job handling customer requests. The dealers make sure to screw it up.

A month or two back, I had left my number on Tiago website for TD. Tata called me back after a few days. There were some issues with my phone during that time and it took 4-5 calls for the communication to go through. Tata people kept calling me back till they could finally get all the details from me and forward it to a nearby dealer.

They forwarded the details to Aadya near Hebbal. Then after a few days, a guy from Aadya calls me, gives me a number and casually asks me to call that guy for TD, LOL. Now why did he call me and give me his number instead of he himself calling the guy and passing my number onto him? Is this TD guy some kind of VIP? Needless to say, I didn't call him.

Tata could have checked back with me asking if I got the TD. They didn't do that either. Tata's dealers should do a far better job if they want to sustain their sales for long. Tata should avoid washing their hands off trusting their dealers. They should make sure to follow through every single request that has been passed on to their lazy dealers or they have the potential to mess up any kind of sales momentum.

Last edited by theredliner : 4th November 2016 at 00:09.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 01:14   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Any problems so far

Rightly or not Tata had acquired a reputation for poor quality over the years; how about this car - are people experiencing weird noises etc.?

I am thinking of replacing my car soon (or buying another one for wife), have a Figo at the moment which I love (despite the niggles).
Old 4th November 2016, 06:32   #1237
BHPian

Re: Any problems so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Rightly or not Tata had acquired a reputation for poor quality over the years; how about this car - are people experiencing weird noises etc.?

I am thinking of replacing my car soon (or buying another one for wife), have a Figo at the moment which I love (despite the niggles).
Two of my friends own Tiago and one has Zest. Absolutely niggle free till now. Tiago are new and zest is a year old.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 07:14   #1238
BHPian

@vina : My Tata Zest has clocked 16K in 2 years. No major issues - just tiny glitches easily fixed during service. No breakdowns. Smooth & solid drive. The 'Sports Mode' is a bonus on highways and hills, handling (both driving stability & suspension) & music system are highlights. 3+1 years warranty/service package covers any worries. Test & decide.
gsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:34   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Tata is doing a decent job handling customer requests. The dealers make sure to screw it up.

A month or two back, I had left my number on Tiago website for TD. Tata called me back after a few days. There were some issues with my phone during that time and it took 4-5 calls for the communication to go through. Tata people kept calling me back till they could finally get all the details from me and forward it to a nearby dealer.

They forwarded the details to Aadya near Hebbal. Then after a few days, a guy from Aadya calls me, gives me a number and casually asks me to call that guy for TD, LOL. Now why did he call me and give me his number instead of he himself calling the guy and passing my number onto him? Is this TD guy some kind of VIP? Needless to say, I didn't call him.

Tata could have checked back with me asking if I got the TD. They didn't do that either. Tata's dealers should do a far better job if they want to sustain their sales for long. Tata should avoid washing their hands off trusting their dealers. They should make sure to follow through every single request that has been passed on to their lazy dealers or they have the potential to mess up any kind of sales momentum.
I have seen/had far inferior experience with Maruti, Nexa and Hyundai.

Case 1: My friend had gone to book the Baleno Alpha with a cheque book in his hand. The SA at Nexa kept him waiting for 45 minutes while he attended to my office colleagues. Since I was present there the whole time and knew both the parties, I have seen both side of the story. My colleagues had come for some "time-pass" and were enjoying some free tea and all the attention. The SA even took my number and details even though I wasn't planning to buy any Maruti product (I own one). On the other hand, my friend wasn't offered a glass of water.

Let's see what might be the reason. My colleagues and me were well-dressed and worked in "cool" sounding company probably. On the other hand, my friend is a senior engineer in a PSU and had come directly from office. Needless to say, he was in his uniform and didn't look his best. So even after I informed the SA that there is a guy with a ready cheque in his hand, he chose to ignore my friend. Finally, my friend bought the car. My colleagues didn't.

Some more background. We had to go to Nexa showroom twice to do the TD (they refused to get it to our office). After the first day, I received 3 calls if I was interested to trade in my Maruti for a new SCross/Baleno. But my friend zilch updates about his car. He was the one always calling for any update. After making 5 visits to get his Baleno, Nexa couldn't provide me a single TD of SCross (which wasn't even selling in those days).

Only reason I went through all that drama was because my friend was madly in love with Baleno.

Case 2: I got my car serviced at MASS. There were some extra items added to the bill even after I had categorically declined them. I got a call from Maruti Helpline asking for my feedback about the service. When I uttered the word "not happy", I got an "Ok" and the call got disconnected.

I had my insurance from Maruti-IFFCO TOKIO tie-up. When it was due for renewal, I went to IFFCO website and renewed it. After the due date was past, I got a call from my old MASS asking if I had renewed my insurance. Then the lady was mildly aggressive about the fact that I didn't do it on the Maruti site. Mind you, she asked my 4 times why I didn't go to the Maruti site even after I had explained my ignorance about such an option on their website.

Compared to all the above, I find your Tata experience to be much better. They had tried to contact you for a few months until successful. I know there is room for improvement.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th November 2016 at 09:35.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:45   #1240
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Vina - I am a proud owner of Tata Bolt RT. Have driven more than 32k km till date over the last 1.5 years. There has not been a single niggle to complain about. The ASS expenses have been reasonable as well. It's a solidly built car with excellent city driveability and good highway manners.

Hope this allays your fears to some extent.

Avishek
aviat18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 19:21   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Already others have talked about their happy ownership with Tata and I also wanted to pitch in with experience of our Zest RT XT which has done 13.5k kms in 2 years now with multiple trips to national parks and long drives and everything is perfect with no niggles and zero rattles.

Meanwhile, I am seeing a lot of Tiagos in nearly every city. I guess Tiago has the potential to do even 10k sales a month, if only Tata can roll those many cars.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 19:38   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Already others have talked about their happy ownership with Tata and I also wanted to pitch in

I guess Tiago has the potential to do even 10k sales a month,
I also want to pitch in.
TASS especially the one in Baner is pretty efficient and i have been taking my almost 6 year old nano to them on regular basis.

Lets wait and see what Tiago sport is all about, i expect Tiago to reach those numbers once Tiago sport is in.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 20:55   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Today Evening,

I recieved a call from JD Power Study. They wanted to take survey of my Tiago Buying Experience. This was just related to Dealership Experience BTW.

Call was connected as soon as I accepted the call & a Lady spoke with me for a brief moment to confirm My Details. She asked the Preferred Language & I said Kannada.

Soon after that, Another lady started speaking. She explained About JD Power Study (I already knew it. ).

She asked if I am free for a Lengthy Survey. I immediately said Yes (I was free at that time). So she kept on asking amny questions. I have bisected them part by part below

1. Product Experience.

Here it was all about Tiago as a product. How I saw it, where I saw it, What I felt about it....etc

Then she asked me did you refer reviews about Tiago before Finalizing it, I said yes & gave Team BHP Official Review as reference.

After that it was about what I felt about Tiago overall.

2. Dealer Experience

Here, every question regarding dealership was asked including some unnecessary things like Restrooms (I hope she wasn't confused between Restrooms & washrooms), Parking Area under shade...etc

After that it was all about Greetings on Entering the dealership to Exiting.

3. Buying Process

Here the questions were about Booking to Car being Delivered.

4. Owners Feedback

Now comes the Funny Part, The things she asked were totally indescribable. She asked me, would you're next car be Tata, I said Maybe Not. She replied "Sir please Tell Yes/No" & I said No.

Then she asked will you recommend Tiago to all you're known ones. I said yes, she asked will they buy it according to you're suggestion. I said how can I know that, it's thier personal thing. If they want it they'll get one, who I am I to judge that ? I asked her to disconnect if such questions were to be asked. She apologized.

All in all, she asked nearly 50-60 questions. All related to Buying Experience as said above.

She asked me to rate from 1 to 10 on each question. I had rated them according to my experience. Overall I gave 8 out of 10. And lastly she asked if she may submit this Survey to Tata Motors, I said Yes. And she Thanked for Giving Good Opinion on Tiago.

So, looks like Tata is promoting this one specifically for Tiago Owners or else JD Power Study might be doing this on Newer Popular Launches. We will get to know more about this on new Launches.

Did any BHPians & Tiagoans go through similar Survey on thier respective cars ? This is the 1st time for me though.
CarguyNish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 22:14   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have seen/had far inferior experience with Maruti, Nexa and Hyundai.

Case 1: My friend had gone to book the Baleno Alpha with a cheque book in his hand.

Case 2: I got my car serviced at MASS. There were some extra items added to the bill even after I had categorically declined them. I got a call from Maruti Helpline asking for my feedback about the service. When I uttered the word "not happy", I got an "Ok" and the call got disconnected.
I agree that there are bad experiences with other brands as well. Nexa seems totally opposite to what Maruti usually stands for. That said, they wouldn't worry as long as people keep craving for their products. In your own post you have mentioned about a friend like that. Maruti and Tata are in a completely different position. Maruti rules half the market and they know what to do if they start losing customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Compared to all the above, I find your Tata experience to be much better. They had tried to contact you for a few months until successful. I know there is room for improvement.
They didn't keep calling me for a few months (Sorry if my post came across that way). They kept calling me for 2-3 days with a total of 5-6 calls. Like I said, the problem is not mainly with Tata, it is with their dealers. They are trying hard to climb up the ladder. They cannot afford to behave like Nexa as there are very few people if any, who are not open to any brand other than Tata, where as Maruti has thousands of them. For every customer they lose, they get many others.

Considering the pit Tata are in and the mountain in front of them that they aspire to climb, they need to do a better job. Till there are enough people in the market who view the Tata brand the same way they view Maruti/Hyundai, comparing them doesn't make sense IMO.

Last edited by theredliner : 4th November 2016 at 22:16.
Old 4th November 2016, 22:16   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Did any BHPians & Tiagoans go through similar Survey on thier respective cars ? This is the 1st time for me though.
Oh I have received such calls multiple times. It's usually after every service centre visit.

Once a lady even dropped in at my residence after taking due appointment to take a very detailed feedback on my Tata Bolt. She said she was from a 3rd party vendor hired by Tata to conduct feedback survey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks