Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2016, 12:25   #1156
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Where are the user reviews. I had thought that a couple of them were waiting in the assembly line but seems like nothing has come out so far.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 18:43   #1157

Booked!

TD Review:
Pros:
Revvs and Pot hole comfort was definitely top notch for the class. For a medium-tall boy, he didnt give me a jitter in turns at decent clip. Seating comfort was pretty decent and Mrs was saying that rear seat comfort when I drove (5' 9") was better than it is at Polo!

Cons:
Doors were still "Tata" quality and leaves a little to desire - Of course, I have owned and owning- Punto and Polo that gives me a Apollo level engineering effect

More details will be given only after TATA(Tafe Reach, Chennai), who works as fast as my dead Thatha (dada for the hindi landers) delivers me the car. Was not exactly blown away by VW's sales last time, so have accepted this mediocrity in general.. May be its just me!

I am going to need some advice to get some good quality ICE (70% FM radio, 25% Streaming Apple Music, 5% Calls on Bluetooth) and a remote central locking, reverse parking sensor et el. Any recommendations? Or may because its a new car, should I stay safe and get the ICE done in-house by dealers?
Iamcarnovice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 19:53   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcarnovice View Post
Booked!

I am going to need some advice to get some good quality ICE (70% FM radio, 25% Streaming Apple Music, 5% Calls on Bluetooth) and a remote central locking, reverse parking sensor et el. Any recommendations? Or may because its a new car, should I stay safe and get the ICE done in-house by dealers?
Congratulations.
Which version have you booked? The top end, XZ, has an excellent 8point speaker system from Harman and also rear parking sensors, central locking.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:47   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcarnovice View Post
Booked!

XT and XZ variants come with the Harman system, 4 and 8 speakers respectively, it is at par/even better than what is available otherwise

Congratulations!! you would not be disappointed with the choice, this is from someone who has completed 5K in just 3 months of ownership.
By the way which variant have you booked?
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:07   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
XT and XZ variants come with the Harman system, 4 and 8 speakers respectively, it is at par/even better than what is available otherwise

Congratulations!! you would not be disappointed with the choice, this is from someone who has completed 5K in just 3 months of ownership.
By the way which variant have you booked?
completed 5K in just 3 months ?

SO where's the ownership review ?
Old 23rd September 2016, 19:14   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
completed 5K in just 3 months ?

SO where's the ownership review ?
LoL yes T Bone, the odo actually reads 4876 as I write this, the review is in the assembly line, not able to get the time to amend it and meet the extremely high standards which are required for the ownership review to be published.
Old 25th September 2016, 22:38   #1162
RSR
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, this is the best available accessory for the Tiago, Bolt & Zest (especially for the lower variants). The best thing is that this is a genuine Tata accessory sold by the dealers, so there no be no issues with warranty etc.:

Last edited by RSR : 25th September 2016 at 22:43.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:15   #1163
BHPian

Finally , booked my first car : the Expresso Brown Tiago XZ Petrol (Hyson Tata, Trichur, Kerala). Final onroad price quoted is 5,81,000 including AMC, extended warranty, alloy wheels..
Countdown starts
vinuchel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 15:46   #1164
BHPian

Is there anyone from Pune who have booked in May/June? Have deliveries started for bookings from this period? Please share if any idea.
Old 27th September 2016, 21:02   #1165

Hi All,
My first post in this forum. Apologizes for the mistakes due to some excitement and nervousness.
I booked Tiago XZ Petrol (with alloy wheels) on 28th August from Concorde Motors, South Ex, Delhi after a brief test drive. Initial waiting period was 9 weeks. In September second week, the executive lady called me up asking me to submit documents so that they can process it for loan. Later in third week, she called up asking me to make 50000/- advance payment to them. I asked her if she has the vehicle or not. She said no but making the advance payment will ensure that I get the vehicle as soon as it is available which will still be towards the mid-to-end of October. She also said that she can arrange an XT petrol or XZ Diesel in first week of October.

Then, I asked her if she can get me 100% ex-showroom loan and XZ Diesel with alloy wheels in last week of September, then only I will make the advance payment. Also, that I need to see the vehicle first before it goes for registration. Surprisingly she agreed apart from the loan part. Later after a few phone calls with HDFC they agreed to give 5,55,000/- loan amount (98.3% of ex-showroom) - processing fees.

Current status:-
Just returned from dealership. Signed the loan agreement and other stuffs. Gave them cheque for loan and down-payment balance. I was a bit reluctant to make full payment after reading some of the experiences from users about making all payment in advance but since the experience have been good till now, I agreed to it.
On Road Price = 625324
Final Down payment = 72824/-
Advance Payment = 50000/-
Cheque given for 22824/-

Overall, experience has been good. HDFC had some issues matching my salary slip with bank statements. Couple of times I took advance salary and last to last month less salary since our funding was delayed (perils of working in a startup). Finally, I asked the CEO to send a mail to them giving the details of actual salary that I get.
Dealership will show the car to me on 29th September and final delivery on 30th September. Hoping that everything goes well.
divyanshudas is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 07:16   #1166
Senior - BHPian

More Tiagos on the road in Coimbatore. I get to see at least one new one every day. Yesterday, saw 3 in different colours. Blue, Orange and White.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 08:46   #1167
BHPian

Booked my first car - the brown Tiago XZ Petrol on 24th. At 5.81L on road, it is the complete value for money package at present (or is it? )
vinuchel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:35   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
LoL yes T Bone, the odo actually reads 4876 as I write this, the review is in the assembly line, not able to get the time to amend it and meet the extremely high standards which are required for the ownership review to be published.
We look forward to your review. I hope you will be adding the highway performance of the car. I am quite eager to know the headlight performance of this car. Would the stock headlight be sufficient for the highway runs?
Old 28th September 2016, 22:28   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
We look forward to your review. I hope you will be adding the highway performance of the car. I am quite eager to know the headlight performance of this car. Would the stock headlight be sufficient for the highway runs?
The highway performance of the car is OK.As I mentioned, this one is no racer, it takes its time to move from a 80 to a 100, but then I haven't been downshifting so much because of the run in period etc, so please do not expect a "zippy" performance. Apart from this sore point the ride quality is very good, you don't feel the bumps at all, the handling of the car and the way it hugs the road and drives is .
95% of my highway runs are during night. I find the stock lamps to be pretty adequate, I normally drive using dipper and have not had an issue is assessing the road ahead basis the output of the lamps that is delivered, but again that is a personal choice, some members may disagree to this.
Hope that answers some of your queries.
Arkanile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 23:41   #1170

I booked Tiago but after a month I am being told that its not available in SunBurst Orange color in XT(O) variant. This color is not in production for XT(O) variant but available in XT variant, which is very surprising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks