Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 21:52   #1171

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Vehicle - Tata Tiago XZ Diesel White color
Dealership - Concorde Motors, South Ex. New Delhi
Went for pre-registration checking of vehicle. Took the Team-BHP pre-registration checklist excel sheet with me. I read it so many times before going that I remember the entire checklist by-heart. I reached the dealership at 5 pm. I asked them to get the vehicle earlier but it kept delaying till 5pm. I am not very happy with that. A different executive took us (me and my wife) to the parking lot of AIIMS where the vehicle was parked along with few other Tiagos and Zests.
Went all around the vehicle, no dents/scratch mark. There was a small dirt piece/unknown stuff something between the right side back-light and the sheet behind it. Executive said that it will go off with the wash. Lets hope he is right.
I put the key in ignition. As mentioned in the forum few times, it was a bit tight to put the key in the ignition, you have to force it a bit. The executive said that it is because its new and will ease off with time. All the lights were proper, low fuel light was blinking, hand brake light was on. Odometer reading 40KM. The checklist puts limit at 50KM. Opened the bonnet. Coolant, engine oil, wiper water level all fine. The executive was very helpful here in explaining all the components. He showed how to check engine oil level, coolant level and also, explained about battery life i.e 18-21 months. Verified that later on warranty paper too. Checked the trunk, everything was proper. Trunk light was working. Tool-kit and spare wheel was there. Started the car, cabin felt very silent to me. No undue vibrations inside neither or steering nor on gear. Infotainment system is simply awesome. Checked aux, blue tooth and 12V charger, Working fine. Couldn't check the juke app and navigation. No network in the parking lot, it was 2nd level basement. I did not have the app installed. Air-conditioner had no issue. 1-2 speed is fine. Worked well. Will know the proper effectiveness in afternoon sun. Seat height adjustment, steering tilt adjustment all working fine. Couldn't take the test drive since, there was no place to move the car all sides were blocked by other tiagos. Still i moved it a bit forward and back. Parking sensors were working fine. Final warning when you are too close is too loud, i must say. It was literally a sore to the ears, had to move forward immediately.
I and the executive who went me, both couldn't get the glove-box cooling working. Later the lady who is the actual contact person said that you have to turn it anti-clockwise and then you hear click sound which will open the vent. She also said that, the glove box cooling starts 20-30 minutes after the vehicle is started. Anyone here who could confirm this please ? I have asked her to get it rechecked in morning. This was the only issue that I had.
Although I signed the RTO papers and other documents. Any advice on what to do tomorrow? She asked to take delivery at 4:30 - 5pm tomorrow, 30th September 2016. I sent her an sms also after getting back home to get the glove box cooling checked tomorrow.
Also what would be an appropriate gift for the lady ? Anyone here who has previously given some gift while taking the car?
divyanshudas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:50   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshudas View Post
She also said that, the glove box cooling starts 20-30 minutes after the vehicle is started. Anyone here who could confirm this please ?
Congratulations on the car Divyanshu.

Glovebox cooling cannot start 20-30 minutes after starting the car. All it does in diverts the air from the AC into the govebox. So if the AC is switched on, glovebox should be cool, provided the vent is opened.

The 20-30 minutes told to you is just plain bull shit.

PS: You could learn and use some paragraphing skills to made your post more readable.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:07   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the car! Do follow up with pictures whenever you get her

If you don't mind me asking how long did you wait for the car in actuality? As in how long was the waiting period for the car itself in the South Delhi dealership.
Swarit19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:22   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
I put the key in ignition. As mentioned in the forum few times, it was a bit tight to put the key in the ignition, you have to force it a bit. The executive said that it is because its new and will ease off with time.
Congrats on the new car.
I'm a Zest owner. I too had the problem/difficulty of inserting the key in the ignition when the car was new. But it goes in smoothly now (It took about 3-4 months for me). Hope this information helps.
And yes, the Harman-Kardon infotainment system is simply awesome. Drive safe and do post pics and an ownership review.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:24   #1175

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Congratulations on the car Divyanshu.

Glovebox cooling cannot start 20-30 minutes after starting the car. All it does in diverts the air from the AC into the govebox. So if the AC is switched on, glovebox should be cool, provided the vent is opened.

The 20-30 minutes told to you is just plain bull shit.

PS: You could learn and use some paragraphing skills to made your post more readable.
Thanks Vinit. I'll definitely try to make my posts more readable.

Also, about the cool glove box, I called them today morning, she said that she has checked it and its working fine. I'll reach there in an hour or so. This will be first thing I am going to check now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
Congrats on the car! Do follow up with pictures whenever you get her

If you don't mind me asking how long did you wait for the car in actuality? As in how long was the waiting period for the car itself in the South Delhi dealership.
Thanks Swarit. I booked Petrol on August 28, it had a waiting period of 9 weeks, now its almost 3 months. Later in September third week, she said that she could get the Diesel one in last week of september. So, for diesel I am guessing actual waiting time should be 10-15 days.

I am taking the car delivery today. Camera is ready. Loads of pics coming soon.
divyanshudas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 18:17   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

TML can further increase the prices before the festive season.
Tata Motors seems to be willing to fulfill your predicaments

Tata Motors to hike prices of passenger vehicles.

Automobile major Tata Motors plans to raise prices of its passenger vehicles during the ongoing festive season to offset increasing input cost, the company said.

"We will hike prices of our vehicles. Currently we are working out the details," Tata Motors President (Passenger Vehicles Business Unit) Mayank Pareek told reporters here on Saturday, following release of monthly sales figures by auto manufacturers.

"Input costs have increased and some of the industry players have already undertaken price hikes. Moreover, we have also not corrected our prices for a long time," he added.

To a question on a timeline for effecting the price increase, he said: "It could be during the festive season."

Passenger cars, utility vehicles and two-heeler manufacturers reported positive sales growth for last month.

Tata Motors sells a range of passenger vehicles, including the small car Nano, the newly launched hatchback Tiago and crossover vehicle Aria, at a price range of Rs 2.15 lakh to Rs 16.3 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicle sales, including exports in September, increased by eight per cent to 48,648 vehicles from 45,215 vehicles sold in the like month of 2015.

The company's domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for the month under review rose by five per cent to 42,961 units. Exports during September zoomed by 29 per cent to 5,687 units.

Link : http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200415_1.html
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:14   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Hello Everyone,

After thoroughly reading the Official Review of Tata Tiago aka Zica, I decided to give it a try. First Impressions were very good and I decided to get one as a replacement for my WagonR.

The Tiago is indeed Fantastico and I bought one 2 months back (August 2016). Funny thing is that i didn't wait at all, I got mine in 4 days flat.

I have (XE) Diesel version although majority of the bookings and actual sales are for Petrol. Will be creating ownership report in coming weeks. It's a Value for Money car this. I hope this will be niggle free unlike other Tata's.

Cheers.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 3rd October 2016 at 11:43.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 01:26   #1178

Got the car on 30th September evening.
Driven 400+ kms till now. Mixed mileage with city and highway driving in 24KMPL+ with driving mostly on ECO mode. Its a real pleasure to drive. Ride quality is too good. It easily glides over the potholes and bumps. Infotainment system is too good. All my friends love it.

Went for a couple of short highway drives, first one to Murthal on NH1 and second one till the first toll Plaza of Yamuna Expressway. Haven't gone above 1800 RPM yet. Easy to maintain 70-80kmph on highways with this much RPM. Doing 100-110 kmph should not be an issue with a little bit of push. Overtaking is difficult while maintaining this RPM.

Noise level inside the cabin is very less. With music system on you won't even feel it. There is a certain level of vibration at low speed < 20 which goes off beyond that. AC is a chiller. I have to shut down / change temperature within 5-10 minutes. None of the vents can be fully closed and can only be shifted horizontally up to half. Both the side vent and one the driver side central vent always hit your body no matter what the position it. Same with the passenger side.

Low beam lights are very good. But on high beam it simply goes above the road. Don't know if this is an issue with only this car or others? Will have to get it checked this week.

I am planning to drive from New Delhi to Madhubani, Bihar ~1200 km ride this weekend. I know that long highway drives are not good for the run-in period. Would have avoided it if possible. Any suggestion here on not ruining the engine ?

Will put up an initial ownership review soon.

Some pictures:-

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161003_100054.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161002_161557685_hdr.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161002_161706415_hdr.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161002_161658582_hdr.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20161002_161536894_hdr.jpg
divyanshudas is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 10:12   #1179

Quote:
Low beam lights are very good. But on high beam it simply goes above the road. Don't know if this is an issue with only this car or others? Will have to get it checked this week.
I believe there is a switch on the right side of the steering column to change the throw angle (3 positions available). Cheers on your new buy! Its a keeper!
Old 5th October 2016, 11:02   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has hiked the prices of the entire Tiago range by upto 7,000 rupees, effective from 04/10/2016.

Do check with your dealers for the updated prices.

Some dealers are saying that the price hike won't apply to those who already have Tiagos allotted to them via confirmed bookings.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:11   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lHead View Post
I believe there is a switch on the right side of the steering column to change the throw angle (3 positions available). Cheers on your new buy! Its a keeper!
Thnx Petr0lHead. It surely is a keeper.

That switch works perfectly with low beam. I use it at the longest throw with low beam which is generally sufficient. But i don't see any effect of it on the high beam. This is very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has hiked the prices of the entire Tiago range by upto 7,000 rupees, effective from 04/10/2016.
I guess I saved some money by buying it earlier. Also, the price sheet that was given to me mentioned that the actual price of the vehicle will depend on the prevailing price at the time of delivery. So, the price rise should be included when people take delivery.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:18   #1182

Quote:

That switch works perfectly with low beam. I use it at the longest throw with low beam which is generally sufficient. But i don't see any effect of it on the high beam. This is very frustrating.
I Guess you have the XZ variant. I use the fogs + high beam when I have to do so. It provides short+long range combo and serves the purpose.
Petr0lHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 14:51   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lHead View Post
I Guess you have the XZ variant. I use the fogs + high beam when I have to do so. It provides short+long range combo and serves the purpose.
Yes I have the XZ variant. I also tried doing the same but there is still a noticeable gap between where the fog lamp light ends and high beam starts. Might take some time to get used to it. I called the dealership about this issue too. I will be going there tomorrow evening to get it checked.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:56   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car on 30th September evening.
Driven 400+ kms till now. Mixed mileage with city and highway driving in 24KMPL+ with driving mostly on ECO mode. Its a real pleasure to drive. Ride quality is too good. It easily glides over the potholes and bumps. Infotainment system is too good. All my friends love it.
Congratulations on the buy, wish you many pleasant and hassle free KMS.
Please calculate the mileage on the tank full to tank full formula instead of going basis the MID. I have personally found that to be inaccurate by at least 2-3 KMS/Pl.

I am getting an average of 16-17 on highway runs( I drive at 100+) whereas the MID shows 21-22, while in city it shows as 12KM/PL in ECO mode. So that definitely is something which I need to get checked on my next visit.

Other owners, please confirm on the average that you all see in your rides.
Arkanile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 16:15   #1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Congratulations on the buy, wish you many pleasant and hassle free KMS.
Please calculate the mileage on the tank full to tank full formula instead of going basis the MID. I have personally found that to be inaccurate by at least 2-3 KMS/Pl.

I am getting an average of 16-17 on highway runs( I drive at 100+) whereas the MID shows 21-22, while in city it shows as 12KM/PL in ECO mode. So that definitely is something which I need to get checked on my next visit.

Other owners, please confirm on the average that you all see in your rides.
Thanks Arkanile.
This is very interesting. I will try to do that. In fact, I am still running on my first tank full. When I filled the tank on 30th, the reading was ~60 KM. Lets see how long it lasts. I wonder why there is a difference based on MID and actual calculations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks