Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 21:31   #1126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Thats why I said only happens in India. Just because the company has a rule does not make it legal. Govt should come up with a regulator to check these practices. They are already doing it for Real estate.

So with your logic, what happens when the price is higher when you booked the car and for some reason prices are slashed at the time of delivery (This can happen due to change in regulations like sub 4 meter rule or for that matter anything)? Would you not want to pay lower price that is prevailing at the time of delivery?
Nitrous Power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 21:51   #1127
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Customer service comes down to dealer level.
Yes true but this was a very small showroom with just three cars on show which is why I was pleasantly surprised. They had Tiago parked above fake grass with a lionel messi poster behind it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
If they have dispatched only 4,527 cars in the last month, and the total number of bookings stand at 40,000, they are going to have to dispatch atleast 8-9k units per month to ensure a maximum waiting period of 3-3.5 months. Which isn't happening and hence the delay.

You might want to throw this fact at an SA who quotes a 'only 4 week waiting period saaar' to you and ask him to explain the math behind this logic (magic).
Exactly from what RavenAvi and you have written here, it doesn't make any sense at all. If it were all lies I'm quite displeased to say the least but couldn't it be a case of less bookings in that specific showroom but same amount of cars being allocated as other showrooms? Sorry I'm unaware of the inner workings so not sure if it's what happens or cars are given to dealerships according to how many bookings they receive.

Like for example, when I was looking at the Celerio ZXI ABS AMT, in TR Sawhney Motors they had one readily available which is a smaller showroom compared to Competent Automobiles which is 2 km from it and almost 4 times the size inside who had a 3-4 weeks time for the same car.
Old 7th September 2016, 23:35   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
So with your logic, what happens when the price is higher when you booked the car and for some reason prices are slashed at the time of delivery (This can happen due to change in regulations like sub 4 meter rule or for that matter anything)? Would you not want to pay lower price that is prevailing at the time of delivery?
If it is due to change in regulation, the lower price should prevail bcoz the money anyway goes to the GOVT not the dealer. But if it is because of lower input costs or tech savings the manufacturer is not required to pass on the benefits.

What I am saying is when you are signing a contract, the car maker is to stick with the price.

Take real estate for ex. You agree to pay an amount and sign contract. It does not matter if the prices go up or down. The contract still is valid and has to be accounted for.
Old 8th September 2016, 00:11   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats why I said only happens in India. Just because the company has a rule does not make it legal. Govt should come up with a regulator to check these practices. They are already doing it for Real estate...
Quote:
If it is due to change in regulation, the lower price should prevail bcoz the money anyway goes to the GOVT not the dealer. But if it is because of lower input costs or tech savings the manufacturer is not required to pass on the benefits.

What I am saying is when you are signing a contract, the car maker is to stick with the price.

Take real estate for ex. You agree to pay an amount and sign contract. It does not matter if the prices go up or down. The contract still is valid and has to be accounted for.
Hard truth : What you're saying is impractical.

Real estate is a completely different scenario. Here you're only paying 10% of the price until delivery.

Across many industries, Price as per delivery date is common and often it is very much necessary.

This outrage is quite uncalled for. If you are intent not to pay hiked prices, you should've requested for an undertaking from the dealer. When many of us expect heavy hikes, we do that with the dealer who opts to agree.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 05:19   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Across many industries, Price as per delivery date is common and often it is very much necessary.

This outrage is quite uncalled for. If you are intent not to pay hiked prices, you should've requested for an undertaking from the dealer. When many of us expect heavy hikes, we do that with the dealer who opts to agree.
Very true. I've been buying cars since the early 90s and prices at the time of delivery have always been applicable. That's a hard fact. Accept it and move on. Let it not be a sore point. This is true for all manufacturers, not Tata alone.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 11:35   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Do you mean that your colleague was told that there would be a 5-6 month waiting period when booking?.
He was given a tentative timeline of August last week, but I think even that got delayed due to issues in procuring alloy wheels for the top variant (as per the dealer). Don't know what the updated ETA is, as my colleague is out of the country now

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th September 2016, 12:38   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I wonder what else Tata motors might be producing that's resulting in the bottle neck. I am tempted to believe, their QC on vendors has stepped up so much that there are supply side bottlenecks. So they might be probably rejecting any deviation from agreed specs which they might have been more liberal with earlier.
Working for a Tata vendor company, I can certainly vouch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
He was given a tentative timeline of August last week, but I think even that got delayed due to issues in procuring alloy wheels for the top variant (as per the dealer).
Ditto with my colleague. Alloy wheels are surely one of the bottlenecks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th September 2016 at 15:32. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Moto_Hill is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 19:18   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Working for a Tata vendor company, I can certainly vouch for that.
This is a good news!! TATA.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 20:18   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Alloy wheels are surely one of the bottlenecks.
Yes! That is the detail I was missing. They told me the low waiting list for a Tiago without alloys not with it. So maybe that is why it's lower than most?

Apologies cannot edit my previous post anymore.
Old 9th September 2016, 00:40   #1135

Hi all,
Booked a Tiago XZ petrol on 29th July after getting in touch with 2 dealers in my city. Got the quotation for XZ from both in mid June. The waiting period quoted was 3 months in June itself.
After discussing with one of the TA showroom incharge booked it. I was told that he will try to get me one allocated by August end. When I visited the showroom in August end I was told that the allocation will be made in the second week of September, if I want to change my mind regarding the variant then XT or XM can be allocated immediately as they had a couple of them.
On enquiring about the alloy wheel problem they told me that nobody can tell if the XZ dispatched have them or not until they reach the destination showroom / godown. I have asked them to allocate the car only if it comes with alloys.
They are getting around 40 Tiago's per month from the Tata factory.
The response and level of knowledge of sales people at both the showrooms is satisfactory.
Hope this helps.

-Arun
jollyA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:59   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The contract says the "Price at the time of delivery applies". If the customer is unhappy with the price, he/she can always cancel the booking and get back the advance paid.
teamveevee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 20:03   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Still surprising not to find a single ownership review from the many BHP Tiago buyers. Guys, its high time, someone please do the honors
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 09:40   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Still surprising not to find a single ownership review from the many BHP Tiago buyers. Guys, its high time, someone please do the honors
I have written an ownership review and it is sitting in 'Assembly line'. My car has covered around 2000 km in the past 2.5 months.

[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]
Prowler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 13:10   #1139
BHPian

Terribly disappointed with Tata ops with regards to Tiago. In fact, time and again Tata has a record to hash up everything on delivery front whenever they have a decent product.

A friend booked Tiago XZ Red in end June with booking amount and Delivery order for rest of the value. He was confirmed delivery by August 1st week. Around July, he was informed that due to vendor issues, Alloy Wheels have been removed but there shall be no deduction in price (!!). Anyways, he continued to hold on to booking on the pretext that vehicle will be delivered by August end. Come September, he was in for rude shock when he was blatantly told that the vehicle will only be available after mid-october and he was most welcome to cancel his booking.

This is not the kind of behaviour you expect when you are trying to rebuild your image. Now, the booking is cancelled and what has been a loss for Tata turned out to be a gain for Ford. He has booked Figo Titanium.

Dealership in question - Tata owned Concorde Mumbai.
akhilesh51 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 13:46   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post

This is not the kind of behaviour you expect when you are trying to rebuild your image. Now, the booking is cancelled and what has been a loss for Tata turned out to be a gain for Ford. He has booked Figo Titanium.

Dealership in question - Tata owned Concorde Mumbai.
Agreed, that too a car buyer waiting in anticipation to get hold of the product. Problem may not even be with the dealer, but SA need to be sensitive while dealing with customer, this nonchalance will put anyone off.

OTOH, my NANO XTA came from my 1st free service & there has been 3 calls from the service center to check whether I am fully satisfied with the service and followed by request to give them good rating to SA/dealer when the TATA MOTORS take their feedback. I could feel the sense of importance of the feedback that TA gives just from the tone of their voice.

But this dichotomy in treating a customer who has bought the product with nonchalance is confusing.

In my opinion, given the demand and how clueless the dealers are, customers who have booked should be handled by a centralized team providing them status updates till their allotted car is shipped to the respective dealer.

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 12th September 2016 at 13:50.
tifosikrishna is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks