Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2020, 11:52   #2626
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Anyone with XT got fog lamps retrofitted? I am particularly concerned about the switch which will not look and work like OEM fitment. I am also not interested in tinkering with other wiring. Any suggestions from the group?
Old 29th September 2020, 14:05   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icem@n View Post
Anyone with XT got fog lamps retrofitted? I am particularly concerned about the switch which will not look and work like OEM fitment. I am also not interested in tinkering with other wiring. Any suggestions from the group?
Check the guide by Reinhard The fitment should be pretty easy and as for the wiring setup, you can use his method of hooking up a BT Receiver to turn off/on. Yes, it wouldn't be as conventional as normal push button but it'll do the job and it's also very fun and kinda cheap+ functional DIY. Other methods would require prying a small hole into the firewall gromet to pass the wires and connect it with a push button switch to turn it on/off.
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 15:08   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Apologies for asking again sir. I have a Tiago XZ(O) Dec 2019 Model and i am eagerly waiting for your installation guide so that i can swap the HU. My first DIY on my HappyDrive
Will have it up shortly. Have been held up with a lot of work at the moment, so haven’t had time.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:30   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Recently while installing dashcam I discovered that there was wiring present for tweeters in the A-pillars. Mine is an XT(O) 2016 that came with only 4 speakers. So I decided to give it a shot and ordered 2 tweeters.

Just checked and my XZ(O) Dec 2019 Tiago doesn't have the wiring present in A Pillar Is there any other way to connect the tweeters?

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd October 2020 at 08:25. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 30th September 2020, 10:35   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Check the guide by Reinhard The fitment should be pretty easy and as for the wiring setup, you can use his method of hooking up a BT Receiver to turn off/on. Yes, it wouldn't be as conventional as normal push button but it'll do the job and it's also very fun and kinda cheap+ functional DIY. Other methods would require prying a small hole into the firewall gromet to pass the wires and connect it with a push button switch to turn it on/off.
Thanks @pritanshchandra. Have seen Reinhard's posts in the forum and those are excellent.
icem@n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 11:00   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

What we also sorely missed from day 1 - were good headlamps! This upgrade was long pending and due to a variety of reasons, it took this long... but it's done. Finally!
How did you get the Leveling Motor to work?
Old 30th September 2020, 11:46   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked and my XZ(O) Dec 2019 Tiago doesn't have the wiring present in A Pillar Is there any other way to connect the tweeters?
Then it will not be a simple plug and play. On the brighter side even without tweeters, the quality is at par or better then immediate competition.
I guess I was lucky given that the cost cutting started somewhere around late 2017 or early 2018.
icem@n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 12:38   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Then it will not be a simple plug and play. On the brighter side even without tweeters, the quality is at par or better then immediate competition.
I guess I was lucky given that the cost cutting started somewhere around late 2017 or early 2018.
Indeed. You got lucky and also agree with your point, I'm super happy with the sound quality. My car has the 5" Resistive Touchscreen Infotainment that came with Tigor earlier. I'll still install the tweeters if i find a good method to wire them without any splicing
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:33   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
How did you get the Leveling Motor to work?
Through the solution posted by dr.honeycake.
BUT - that happened much later, from the time of install till now, haven't felt the need to touch that lever at all.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:01   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Through the solution posted by dr.honeycake.
BUT - that happened much later, from the time of install till now, haven't felt the need to touch that lever at all.
I couldn't find the coupler anywhere. Where did you get yours from?
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 21:50   #2636
BHPian

I have clocked 1600 km in my Tiago and I am not satisfied with the gearbox. The gearshifts are clunky and rough. When engaging reverse from cold, there is this grrrrr noise and annoying whining while reversing. I know this is the noise from the spur gear but still it is very annoying. Funnily, the SA told me that this is intentionally done by Tata to drive away cows and other animals while reversing . Quite a masterstroke, isn't it? The car vibrates vigorously sometimes in 1st gear uphill climb from stop too. Is this is common to all or I got a lemon?
Old 3rd October 2020, 22:19   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
Is this is common to all or I got a lemon?
In my 3 years old tiago gears are super smooth. There are occasional vibrations from dashboard but overall there are no major issues
Old 4th October 2020, 08:00   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
I have clocked 1600 km in my Tiago and I am not satisfied with the gearbox. The gearshifts are clunky and rough. When engaging reverse from cold, there is this grrrrr noise and annoying whining while reversing. I know this is the noise from the spur gear but still it is very annoying.
I think you should wait for some more time before coming to any conclusion. The reason I'm saying this is because the gearbox will smoothen out with time. There might be some initial niggles but I don't think there's anything to worry about. Drive the car more freely since your run in period is over, if the problem still persists then try visiting the A.S.S.
Good Luck!
Old 5th October 2020, 00:10   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
Last week my Tiago left side indicator stopped working, so today decided to change the bulb, getting to the bulb is a pain, it cannot be accessed from the engine bay area. To remove the light housing the tyre and the wheel cladding has to come off, the wheel cladding cracked while removing it as gently as possible, it's a delicate piece.Putting back the cladding, the front bumper had to come off. A 5 minute job went upto 1 hour. At times I feel working on an Audi is easier than the Tiago.
Can you tell the steps to remove front bumper? I am about to swap the OE Halogen Headlights with the Projector one's from Tigor on my Tiago and i think the bumper needs to come off for that, couldn't find any guide/steps on how to remove it without breaking anything (locks, clips etc). Any guide will be really helpful
Thanks in Advance.
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 10:06   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell the steps to remove front bumper? I am about to swap the OE Halogen Headlights with the Projector one's from Tigor on my Tiago and i think the bumper needs to come off for that, couldn't find any guide/steps on how to remove it without breaking anything (locks, clips etc). Any guide will be really helpful
Thanks in Advance.
To remove the front bumper you will need phillip's head screwdriver and 10mm ring spanner/socket. There are 4 10mm bolts and 2 tabs in the engine bay area, 2 screws on each side in the wheel well area, 4 screws under the bumper at the corner and 4 10mm bolts. After all the bolts, screws and tabs are out, gently tug the bumper forward till it is free, while removing and assembling the bumper be careful with the wheel well cover as they are fragile.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks