Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 17:53   #2491
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Has anyone here upgraded to 15 inch alloys? I’m thinking of doing it and tyre sizes 175/60 and 185/60 are on my mind. 175/60 is a less preferred size by shopkeepers from my experience, they’re trying to push different sizes but I’m inclined towards it because Tata is offering it in XZ+ variant.

Last edited by shivamk11 : 27th January 2020 at 17:54.
Old 27th January 2020, 18:18   #2492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Has anyone here upgraded to 15 inch alloys? I’m thinking of doing it and tyre sizes 175/60 and 185/60 are on my mind. 175/60 is a less preferred size by shopkeepers from my experience, they’re trying to push different sizes but I’m inclined towards it because Tata is offering it in XZ+ variant.
185/60 would be quite an upsize. It will have an impact on the mileage I think compared to what you get right now. The heavier tyre will also increase braking distance a bit. Also - do check once if a 185/60R15 alloy+inflated wheel will fit in your spare tyre well. I suspect it will not.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 19:06   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
185/60 would be quite an upsize. It will have an impact on the mileage I think compared to what you get right now. The heavier tyre will also increase braking distance a bit. Also - do check once if a 185/60R15 alloy+inflated wheel will fit in your spare tyre well. I suspect it will not.
The mileage and loss of pickup was my concern as well but 185/60R15 is what Tata offers in JTP as well but they might have tuned some stuff to make it work. I honestly want to stick to 175/60R15 or should I consider 195/55 as well? 175/60R15 doesn't have a lot of choices in terms of brands and 195/55R15 has me concerned about rubbing against body.
Old 27th January 2020, 21:01   #2494
BHPian

Try 185/65 r14. I am running this set up from day one. Grip is better and tyre noise is less. Brand is mrf zvtv. No fouling or rubbing against wheel arch even with full load. Has done 10k Kms so far and all is well.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 22:42   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Try 185/65 r14. I am running this set up from day one. Grip is better and tyre noise is less. Brand is mrf zvtv. No fouling or rubbing against wheel arch even with full load. Has done 10k Kms so far and all is well.
I feel that 15" wheels improve the stance of the car a lot and provide it a very nice look. This is why I'm considering them, 14" aren't exactly on my mind.
Old 28th January 2020, 10:01   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quick query on 3 years of free insurance that I got from TATA on my Tiago NRG in the offer that time. It is B2B for first year and then "Comprehensive" for next 2 years. Being first car with this kind of insurance I am bit confused on following points.

1. What is the difference between B2B and Comprehensive?
2. Do I have to do anything at the end of first year, such as update something or get some documents etc.?

Any help is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
For Tiago NRG the GC is already 180mm with 175/65, R14. Won't it be too much with 185? I am seeing the GC will further increase by ~7 mm probably causing unstability. May be OK for normal Tiago. For NRG I feel the stock size is OK. 185/60, R14 could be OK too but it reduces the GC by ~3 mm. Perhaps a better choice since the car will remain planted with wider rubber and bit less GC.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 28th January 2020 at 10:13.
Old 28th January 2020, 10:18   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
1. What is the difference between B2B and Comprehensive?
2. Do I have to do anything at the end of first year, such as update something or get some documents etc.?
1. In an nutshell, with B2B you usually get 100% claim amount and with comprehensive, 50% deduction is made for plastic, glass etc. More info at the following link: https://www.renewbuy.com/articles/ca...car-insurance/

2. If the start and end dates on your policy doc are 3 years apart, then I don't think you need to do anything, unless you want B2B cover for the remaining 2 years too. In that case, you will have to call the company to see if that's possible.

Some related reading on the topic:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ked-me-21.html (0% Depreciation Insurance - It really worked for me!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...sk-me-298.html (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 28th January 2020 at 10:20.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:30   #2498
Senior - BHPian

One more observation regarding the coolant levels in Tiago. Second free service was done at about 4K kilometers 3 months ago where the coolant was topped up and I had checked it as little above the MAX mark. Today I had a quick check on the same and it is between Min and Max level, not in exact half but little above between Min and Max. Is this normal or needs some attention? With Tata saying the service is for every 15000 KM, how does this justify the same? Tiago is about to complete 6000 KM, that is 2000 KM post coolant top up and has gone down significantly.
My friend's Honda City had a coolant leak in engine cylinders made him pay 1.5 Lacks for the engine rebuild work. He used to lose coolant at a high rate due to the leak.
Any ideas?
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:53   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
One more observation regarding the coolant levels in Tiago. Second free service was done at about 4K kilometers 3 months ago where the coolant was topped up and I had checked it as little above the MAX mark. Today I had a quick check on the same and it is between Min and Max level, not in exact half but little above between Min and Max. Is this normal or needs some attention? With Tata saying the service is for every 15000 KM, how does this justify the same? Tiago is about to complete 6000 KM, that is 2000 KM post coolant top up and has gone down significantly.
My friend's Honda City had a coolant leak in engine cylinders made him pay 1.5 Lacks for the engine rebuild work. He used to lose coolant at a high rate due to the leak.
Any ideas?
Always check coolant level and top up only when the engine is completely cold.Ensure car is on level ground. If the coolant level is between min and max when the engine is cold then add some distilled water to bring the level upto the Max. Do not fill beyond max level.

It is OK for the coolant level to drop a bit during an year or so of driving. Nothing to worry about. Only if the coolant drops a lot within a week of driving then you need to have it checked.
Old 6th February 2020, 11:45   #2500
BHPian

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20200206wa0004.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20200206wa0005.jpg

Part of D(desi)NCAP series 😊

WhatsApp forward from Kerala, Kannur reads TATA tiago doesn’t need any better advertisement. Reported to be driven by a lady driver.
BipB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:49   #2501
BANNED

Is there any ramp on the other side of the wall, wonder how the car went there.
Old 6th February 2020, 13:52   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Is there any ramp on the other side of the wall, wonder how the car went there.
The house and the parking is at a higher level than the road. Ramp would be there where the gate is.
Old 6th February 2020, 14:00   #2503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
WhatsApp forward from Kerala, Kannur reads TATA tiago doesn’t need any better advertisement. Reported to be driven by a lady driver.
Yes this one has been doing rounds quite a bit on whatsapp. Apparently the lady put the car in forward instead of reverse by mistake. A very possible mistake in a new AMT car if it is one.

Whats remarkable is that the wall gave up & only the bumper has deformed visibly (obviously radiator and many other items behind it are probably going to need a reinstallation/replacement). Talk of crumple zone in walls! The wall really hasn't offered any resistance at all!
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 14:22   #2504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Part of D(desi)NCAP series 😊

Gawd!!! Look at that. What if it was a cliff or some ravine. You don't want to crash through, right?

Have to give it to our pappadam cars. They would have activated crumble zones there itself, therefore saving the occupants.
Old 6th February 2020, 19:03   #2505
BHPian

Recently, I have got my Tiago serviced (4th service) at Concord ECR, Chennai. I asked my service adviser about closing down of Concord touchpoints and checked about this one.

He replied me that a new management would be taking over that service center. The new one is not yet decided but seems that Concord is going out here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks