Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 13:06   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

I am seeing first minor issue in my Tiago. This NRG model shows the door status (open/closed) in MID. When rear right door is opened, neither the car MID shows the door is opened nor the cabin light comes up. I have started seeing that recently. Car has completed 5 months barely. Nothing alarming but noticeable. Need to get it fixed in second service. Common issue?
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 13:11   #2402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I am seeing first minor issue in my Tiago. This NRG model shows the door status (open/closed) in MID. When rear right door is opened, neither the car MID shows the door is opened nor the cabin light comes up. I have started seeing that recently. Car has completed 5 months barely. Nothing alarming but noticeable. Need to get it fixed in second service. Common issue?
The little push-button switch in the chassis that senses door closure has stuck in "closed" position or has permanently got damaged with connection "closed". Not a big deal.

As a first step - try if you can push/move it a bit by hand (its the rubber capped little protrusion near the door latch in the chassis. If it doesn't budge - get it replaced under warranty. Not more than 15 minutes required to replace it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 16:07   #2403
BHPian

I have just bought a XZA+ and very happy with my decision.Can someone tell me how to adjust the high beam on the projector set up available in this car.I feel the high beams are focussed quite low even at the highest leveller setting and insufficient for 4 lane highways.I need to focus it a bit high.

Sam
Old 24th October 2019, 16:21   #2404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I have just bought a XZA+ and very happy with my decision.Can someone tell me how to adjust the high beam on the projector set up available in this car.I feel the high beams are focussed quite low even at the highest leveller setting and insufficient for 4 lane highways.I need to focus it a bit high.Sam
That will have to be done using the headlamp beam adjustment screws on the assembly. If you can take a picture of the headlamp from above (after opening the bonnet, on the inside area), we can help find those. Generally they tend to be white screws of plastic/PU material with a dug in hex head. I tried looking at the picture available on Boodmo spares (looked at the identical Tigor assembly) but couldn't find it due to the angles at which they have kept the sample.

Many cars tend to have leveling adjustment screws only for the low beams though. We'll have to see if it works for high beam on the Tiago's double barrel.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 17:05   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That will have to be done using the headlamp beam adjustment screws on the assembly. If you can take a picture of the headlamp from above (after opening the bonnet, on the inside area), we can help find those. Generally they tend to be white screws of plastic/PU material with a dug in hex head. I tried looking at the picture available on Boodmo spares (looked at the identical Tigor assembly) but couldn't find it due to the angles at which they have kept the sample.

Many cars tend to have leveling adjustment screws only for the low beams though. We'll have to see if it works for high beam on the Tiago's double barrel.
thanks for the prompt response Reinhard. Will try to check and click some pics if possible.

i just completed a 750 km round trip and my MID maintained 22-23.5kmpl throughout the journey with 100% ac on at speeds between 80-90 kmph. In city limits it hovers from 14-14.6 kmpl. My car has completed 900kms so far.The car is actually good on highways,very chuckable,good stability and very less body roll.however,I do face some issues...

1. The wiper fluid would spray only if the hood is left open
2.Phone calls is bluetooth ring and once connected revert back to phone(as in cant use car mic and speakers)
3.Pressing mute doesn't pause the track.rather the songs continue to play albeit the sound.I was under the impression that the tack/song would be paused and resume one mute is deactivated. Atleast this is how it worked in my previous car, a VW
4.The rear parcel shelf is jumpy and rattles on bad roads .any solution to mute the rattle?

Sam
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 17:20   #2406
BHPian

Quote:

3.Pressing mute doesn't pause the track.rather the songs continue to play albeit the sound.I was under the impression that the tack/song would be paused and resume one mute is deactivated. Atleast this is how it worked in my previous car, a VW
Yeah, music just mutes and doesn't pause in Tiago. I was also surprised to see this in friend's Tiago.
Old 24th October 2019, 17:24   #2407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. The wiper fluid would spray only if the hood is left open...
The water supply pipe is routed close to the hood hinge. Check if it's getting pinched.

Quote:
4.The rear parcel shelf is jumpy and rattles on bad roads .any solution to mute the rattle?
Single-sided adhesive foam tape. Use a couple layers of something like this, on the tray slots.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2019 at 17:27.
Old 24th October 2019, 18:04   #2408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i just completed a 750 km round trip and my MID maintained 22-23.5kmpl throughout the journey with 100% ac on at speeds between 80-90 kmph. In city limits it hovers from 14-14.6 kmpl. My car has completed 900kms so far.The car is actually good on highways,very chuckable,good stability and very less body roll.however,I do face some issues...
Nice mileage. Seems your driving style is perfectly in tune with the ECU map. Great.
Quote:
1. The wiper fluid would spray only if the hood is left open
Its a simple flexible PU pipe that brings the water from tank to the jets. Its not properly fixed at all points and seems it is getting pinched when bonnet is closed. Check that & route it properly. It will work then.
Quote:
2.Phone calls is bluetooth ring and once connected revert back to phone(as in cant use car mic and speakers)
Seems more of a phone issue. On the phone there will be settings. When call is on - check the option. Select the bluetooth icon & it will work through car. I think it needs to be done only once. Afterwards your phone will remember it.
Quote:
Yes - standard with the Harman system unfortunately. The Blaupunkt stock head unit in my Vista used to pause songs. It was so useful. Now its irritating that mute is actually just mute! Same in Nexon.
Quote:
You might find this useful -
Link - TBHP article - Parcel tray rattling (Maruti Baleno: Solution to the parcel shelf rattling problem)

There are plenty other such little buffer items available on AliExpress etc. Have a look.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th October 2019 at 18:05.
Old 24th October 2019, 20:07   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is cool mileage. Are the figures with T2T or on MID? I do get around 14 in Bangalore on MID with average speed of 15kmph in B2B traffic. However T2T gives 12, which is more realistic with weight of Tiago. I am yet to stretch Tiago on highway though.

Last edited by navin : 25th October 2019 at 11:48. Reason: typo
Old 26th October 2019, 22:04   #2410
BHPian

Has anybody installed an amplifier in Tiago XZ? If yes, do the existing speakers work well with the amp or they need to be replaced?
Old 29th October 2019, 00:44   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
.... Fuel Pump Failures when the car is driven continuously for 3-4 hours.... It restores itself after resting for 30 min or so.
Mine is Aug 2017 manufactured XZ diesel. I suffered fuel pump failure one year into ownership last Sept. Couldn't coax it back to life even after waiting for one hour. Tata RSA was prompt with their service and towed the vehicle to their closest service centre (Balaji Motors, Aundh, Pune) fuel pump was replaced under warranty FOC. i was informed that this is rare with Tiago diesel, but a known issue with Tigor petrol.
Also, I do drive routinely continously for more than 4-5 hours at a stretch, but the problem hasn't recurred anytime since.

My steed suffered from a diesel leakage today. It was pointed out by a richshaw driver. Upon inspection it was found that fuel line running from fuel pump to engine block has torn due to friction. It was replaced by a road side FNG garage (near shil phata, Navi Mumbai) with a coolant hose pipe. Heading to TASS at dombivali tomorrow for proper correction of the fault.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20191028_194746.jpg  

Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 08:54   #2412
BHPian

Due to friction from what?
Old 29th October 2019, 09:48   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Due to friction from what?
A set of wires coming out from just above the pipe from the Engine rubbing with fuel pipe as pointed in the picture above, has possibly led to this. This could be construed as a design fault, but without a significant number of people having same issue, Tata will not honour warranty claim.

Last edited by Torq : 29th October 2019 at 10:07. Reason: Removed repeat image
Old 29th October 2019, 10:13   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
i was informed that this is rare with Tiago diesel, but a known issue with Tigor petrol.
Now that is a scary statement. Tiago and Tigor share same heart and soul that way. I have read multiple cases of fuel pump failure but nobody is saying it is a common issue with Tiago, perhaps it is not. But the pattern I found was with 2016 and 2017 Tiagos for this failure. Cannot comment anything further and need to keep fingers crossed while making long continuous drives . To be honest did not drive my Tiago for more than 1 hour continuously in last 6 months of ownership.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 29th October 2019 at 10:39.
Old 29th October 2019, 10:21   #2415
BHPian

Quote:
... keep fingers crossed while making long continuous drives.
I have done numerous long drives in my diesel Tiago in past two years. (61k odo in 24months) these include work drives as well as leisure drives, consisting of three long drives:
1. Pune - Goa trip (dec 2017) considering all the others, short road trip of 1200kms in 6 days.
2. Pune - coorg - mysuru - Pune (may 2018) 3000kms in 6 days was hectic but very comfortable considering all things. This was 1100kms mysuru to pune one day drive.
3. Pune - MP road trip : Jan 2019 4000kms in 12 days.

Never had any issues with any drives with regards to car/engine. Touchwood!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks