Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2019, 13:03   #2296
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi Bhp'ians, One of my fellow colleague had a narrow escape when his Tiago's shock absorber mount broke due to structural failure. This is second breakdown in a month, first one being the recently changed battery refused to take the load to start the vehicle. The original battery was replaced within 1.5 years of purchase. Car was bought during Aug 2016 and about 50K on the clock. Response from Tata Dealers in Bengaluru and Corporate has been lame as usual. Its pity that my colleague is struggling his way out so that Tata bosses could hear him and for this, he even opened a Twitter account
Any suggestions or recommendations as the car is sitting idle on road?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago1.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago2.jpg  

Last edited by sary : 19th June 2019 at 13:06.
sary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 13:34   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Hi Bhp'ians, One of my fellow colleague had a narrow escape when his Tiago's shock absorber mount broke due to structural failure. This is second breakdown in a month, first one being the recently changed battery refused to take the load to start the vehicle. The original battery was replaced within 1.5 years of purchase. Car was bought during Aug 2016 and about 50K on the clock.
Seeing such issues being reported in various forums on all TATA cars compels one to believe how the masses are right in not being adventurous with their money in giving a second chance to Indian car makers and in choosing MS, Hyundai as the go to companies for a car purchase. Hope TML wakes up in time to such issues.

My sincere advice, no point heckling the TML service staff as any thing wrong with the suspension is always a customer fault for service guys even if the car is in warranty. Try going to a reputed private car workshop as the fix will be as easy as replacing few parts.
Old 19th June 2019, 16:56   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhp'ians, One of my fellow colleague had a narrow escape when his Tiago's shock absorber mount broke due to structural failure. This is second breakdown in a month, first one being the recently changed battery refused to take the load to start the vehicle. The original battery was replaced within 1.5 years of purchase. Car was bought during Aug 2016 and about 50K on the clock. Response from Tata Dealers in Bengaluru and Corporate has been lame as usual. Its pity that my colleague is struggling his way out so that Tata bosses could hear him and for this, he even opened a Twitter account
Just compare the quotation given by TML service and private car shop for fixing this issue. Then the decision can be made. I am interested in knowing if there are Tiagos that have crossed 1 lakh KMs mark and still going good without any major issue.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 19th June 2019 at 17:00.
Old 20th June 2019, 10:59   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions or recommendations as the car is sitting idle on road?
An update - One of the dealers finally towed away the vehicle. Total bill is approximately 10K which includes ~2000 towing changes and ~8000 for the repairs. They have changed three parts as per my colleague and I'm yet to see what is replaced. The car was in workshop for almost 3.5 days and the dealer claims delay due to spare parts availability.
Another interesting point is, my colleague was curious as to why he was not receiving communications from Tata motors. Only to realize that dealer has tempered and updated a wrong mobile number in Tata's system. They have changed his mobile number after his initial feedback about the dealer to Tata and suspect the new number belonging to dealer themselves.
sary is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 17:58   #2300
BHPian

Has anybody installed an amp and subwoofer in their Tiago to enhance the sound quality? Will it void the warranty if I go for them? I have also taken 4 years AMC, so bit wary of aftermarket fittings impacting the warranty.
Old 26th June 2019, 09:08   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Has anybody installed an amp and subwoofer in their Tiago to enhance the sound quality? Will it void the warranty if I go for them? I have also taken 4 years AMC, so bit wary of aftermarket fittings impacting the warranty.
The top end versions of the car have the harman system that donot have any outputs to connect a sub/amplifier, you’d have to take the power from the the rear speakers.

This is the backend of the factory HU:-

Tata Tiago : Official Review-156943a763f2468b8496a7c618334ed5.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-22b8ef9f66d34e82bc8c8c4477c7117d.jpeg
Old 26th June 2019, 09:46   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The top end versions of the car have the harman system that donot have any outputs to connect a sub/amplifier, you’d have to take the power from the the rear speakers.
You might want to check this post. I dont know what version of HU might the Tiago have, but the Nexon XZ+ unit has a touch screen and possible comes with the higher powered Harman version

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4605262 (Underseat Subwoofers)
Old 26th June 2019, 21:02   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any BHPians with Tiago completing 50K or more? Just curious to know how the car performs after that milestone. Have good experiences with Hyundais and Marutis beyond that mark. With Tata giving very good cars now, it will help to solidify the confidence in Tata this way.

PS: I am a new Tiago NRG owner and believer in it.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 17:48   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Got my first free service of Petrol NRG done yesterday. They charged Rs. 250/- for all top ups of oil, coolant etc.
Till date I am getting average mileage of 11.5kmpl to 12kmpl in pure Bangalore city traffic with >50% AC on. This is with tankful method. MID continues to show +2kmpl than tankful reading. Will the mileage change after first service (this question is meaningless since they do not do anything during first service for sure)?
Old 7th July 2019, 21:23   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Will the mileage change after first service (this question is meaningless since they do not do anything during first service for sure)?
The engine in the Tiago seems to free up post 5000km. The car will pull much better in higher gears at lower rpm, hence will improve the mileage. Tata had run petrol and diesel Tiagos non stop for 50000km in 18 days, which showcased the product in the right manner when it was launched.
damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 22:12   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Got my first free service of Petrol NRG done yesterday. They charged Rs. 250/- for all top ups of oil, coolant etc.
Till date I am getting average mileage of 11.5kmpl to 12kmpl in pure Bangalore city traffic with >50% AC on. This is with tankful method. MID continues to show +2kmpl than tankful reading. Will the mileage change after first service (this question is meaningless since they do not do anything during first service for sure)?
Have been using Diesel Tiago since 2016, I will say with confidence that the numbers you are getting are actually real figures.

The MID displays +2/+3kmpl more than actual figures (Tankful Method). Today I have given my car for its 3rd Service, I'll update here once I get my car back.

Mine being Diesel, I get around 14 kmpl in city. On highways, the best I have achieved is 24 kmpl. I have seen many fellow Tiago owners posting photos of their cars displaying 25-30kmpl in WhatsApp and Facebook. Some of them have achieved it by driving in Eco mode and also by driving in highest gear possible. That is not going to work in city conditions. I have other cars to that I can compare in terms of Efficiency.

My dad's Brio gives him 13 kmpl with AC inside City. My 7 month old Santo is giving 11.5 kmpl with AC. Haven't used it much though. Seeing these, the figures you are getting from your Tiago NRG seems alright. Service won't improve the figures much, I guess you'll have to live with it and just enjoy the drives.

CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 20:28   #2307
BHPian

My Tiago under gold AMC (3Years) just went for 18 months scheduled maintenance service and the service center refused to wash my car for free. He said its a running repair and not covered in AMC. Only the annual service covers a wash.
I had to show them the scheduled maintenance page where wash is also included. The service agent double checked with the adviser who finaly did not agree to it and said I would be charged Rs. 400/- for outside wash and cleaning. I asked him to not wash the car and came out of the service center.

Contacted TML directly and the contact person told me that everything that is mentioned on the booklet is part of AMC. So I asked him to educate the service center and get back to me. Later service center contacted me again and told me that it was a mistake and picked my car. This time they washed and cleaned inside out, updated the infotainment software and neatly returned. I would be a happy customer if the service guys did it on their own without a follow up and wasting 2 days.

Did any of the owner have similar experience?
UB_007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 22:44   #2308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
He said its a running repair and not covered in AMC. Only the annual service covers a wash.
If you've observed the SA's screen when they open the job card on their computer, you'll notice that there is a FSA included for Tiago's (possibly other Tata cars as well) which mentions complimentary wash at every service. So, what the SA told you, and hence later accepted as a mistake, is clear BS.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 23:53   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If you've observed the SA's screen when they open the job card on their computer, you'll notice that there is a FSA included for Tiago's (possibly other Tata cars as well) which mentions complimentary wash at every service. So, what the SA told you, and hence later accepted as a mistake, is clear BS.
Makes you wonder what goes on in their heads! It seems like lying and trying to scam customers is a job requirement...
Old 10th July 2019, 16:41   #2310
BHPian

My Tata Tiago started leaking suddenly , the car is not even a year old . This is the second time it is leaking , the first time , the leak was from the front passenger door .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-15627568396791774271393799690420.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-15627569222408393201074845944076.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks