Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 20:37   #2311
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

I just completed 1L on my tiago diesel 2016 XT model.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20190714_000148.jpg
OneToughRider is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 09:14   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
My Tata Tiago started leaking suddenly , the car is not even a year old . This is the second time it is leaking , the first time , the leak was from the front passenger door .
Was the windshield ever replaced? If yes, the adhesive might not have been applied correctly, leading to the leakage.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 14:47   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
I just completed 1L on my tiago diesel 2016 XT model.
Congrats! Would you mind posting your experience on your tiago? I am almost on the verge of putting my money on the Tigor JTP but unsure about the long term reliability (in terms of small niggles, rattles and after sales service of TATA).

Thanks.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 16:16   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
My Tata Tiago started leaking suddenly , the car is not even a year old . This is the second time it is leaking , the first time , the leak was from the front passenger door .
This is probably from the antenna. I had a similar problem. Fixed for 450 ₹ at TASS. Concorde, Mumbai. Somebody or something must have dislodged the base of the antenna.
Front door? Was it the footwell? Just re-check the rubber beading of the door for some clogs or debris.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 16:22   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
This is probably from the antenna. I had a similar problem. Fixed for 450 ₹ at TASS. Concorde, Mumbai. Somebody or something must have dislodged the base of the antenna.
Front door? Was it the footwell? Just re-check the rubber beading of the door for some clogs or debris.
Yes it was the front door, the footwell was wet, this was rectified in October. I'll be giving the car to service centre this week for for leakage issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Was the windshield ever replaced? If yes, the adhesive might not have been applied correctly, leading to the leakage.
The windshield has never been replaced. The leak is coming from antenna area.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th July 2019 at 11:27. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:31   #2316
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks to Vetri for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I want to reply to Dhruv Shetty on the Tata Tiago thread.

I own a Jan 2018 Tiago. Got a call from TASS in Feb 2019, regarding the leak issue. SA confirmed that initial 2018 batches have a leaking problem from the passenger side doors and front windshield.

Maybe Dhruv’s dealer didn’t update him on it. He needs to visit TASS immediately.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 18:15   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
The windshield has never been replaced. The leak is coming from antenna area.
If you're sure it's from the antenna area, is a simple matter of replacing the rubber gasket under the antenna.

Edit:
I just realised that @Dr.suraj had already suggested the same.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 15th July 2019 at 18:17.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 14:53   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Congrats! Would you mind posting your experience on your tiago? I am almost on the verge of putting my money on the Tigor JTP but unsure about the long term reliability (in terms of small niggles, rattles and after sales service of TATA).

Thanks.
Sure I will work on it. Many people requested for the same. Cheers
OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 10:47   #2319
BHPian

Hi All,

I have recently completed my 3rd service and completed 1 year of Tiago purchase - 2018 March model XZ. All is well with the car.

The service adviser at Concorde ECR (Chennai) was insisting me to opt for AMC silver plan which will cost around 5500 for an year. Please let me know if its worth it and if some one has already opted.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 14:14   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
Hi All,

I have recently completed my 3rd service and completed 1 year of Tiago purchase - 2018 March model XZ. All is well with the car.

The service adviser at Concorde ECR (Chennai) was insisting me to opt for AMC silver plan which will cost around 5500 for an year. Please let me know if its worth it and if some one has already opted.
what is covered in this silver AMC?
Your next service, 18 months will have no costs incurred. Will cover some fluid top up and air filter cleaning.
Just the 24 months service which includes oil change + filter change and other general check up with AC, fluid top up etc. I don't think this would cost you more than 5500/-
UB_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 16:15   #2321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
Hi All,

I bought Tiago in May 2019 and have NOT opted for any such plan (And no such plan no matter how hard the SA tries ). I had a bad experience with Maruti's similar plan. It is a matter of low probability that you will need some major things done during first 2 years. For maruti this was Rs. 8K plan on Ertiga and the only cost I saved was on oil change after 1 year (way less that 8K). Now I regret my decision.
Something similar happened with me when I took my Ertiga for general checkup before a long drive. The SA insisted on AMC and told a lot of stories and the benefits. I took it blindly (my mistake). Somehow I feel this is a way of making money for the dealers. You might hardly consume 50% of the money paid for AMC. Rest 50% are for peace of mind and to make the dealers rich . You can check with others as well and make a decision.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 19th July 2019 at 16:22.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:46   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
What did the ASS have to say on this ? Do not hesitate to escalate this issue to TML. They take escalations seriously.

Can anyone let me know the cost of labour in Bangalore for a regular service. My car is due for an oil change and my three free services are done.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 19th July 2019 at 17:48.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 19:09   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
what is covered in this silver AMC?
This is what he has explained me:
https://ibpodev.home.tatamotors/AMC/...hp/amcproducts

In a summary, its more or less similar to that of free service offered.
These are exclusions:
* Charges of wheel balancing with weights
* Charges for gas filled / top-up in AC system
* Charges (Labor + Parts + Consumables) for any repairs not mentioned above, and not covered under schedule maintenance service
* Service on the basis of Month/Year elapsed.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:09   #2324
BHPian

I have got a call from Panchjanya Motors, Pune for 'updation' of roof lamp in my 2016 Tata Tiago XZ. Upon asking why, executive said my vehicle's chassis number is selected by Tata Motors & it is a 'must' update.
I hesitantly agreed, but I am not convinced yet. There has been absolutely no issue regarding my roof lamp, nor I have raised any complaint.
Can anybody throw some light on it?

Last edited by speedguy : 22nd July 2019 at 11:13.
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:58   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Can anybody throw some light on it?
Sometimes they discover some fault in some component after number of incidents are reported arising from that particular component.
In your case if the dealer is calling it as a MUST update, you should take it bit seriously as there could be the cases of short-circuit or circuit failure reported by some of the owners from same component.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks