Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2019, 09:22   #2251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 740
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The flipkey can be procured at any TASS center. I got mine from Classic motors, Yeshwantpur.

Any good keymaker near your locality can do it. It is not a high precision job as you think. The key duplicating machine will do most of the job. Just search around your area and i am sure you will find one who deals in duplicating Automobile keys. Ask local 2 wheeler garage guys and they will guide you to the key maker since they use the services regularly.
A basic question. Other than remote lock and unlock what is the extra function the flip key offers over the other key?
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2019, 09:31   #2252
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,983
Thanked: 1,856 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
A basic question. Other than remote lock and unlock what is the extra function the flip key offers over the other key?
You get headlamp on button to identify the car is dark parking lots

The 'other' key given by Tata does not have a remote lock/unlock as well. It is a manual key!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 6th May 2019 at 09:45.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 09:16   #2253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 740
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

More questions:
1. Has anybody taken the gold AMC for Tiago? I am planning to go for extended warranty for sure but uncertain about the Gold AMC. Is it worth?

2. Another question is on seat covers. Are the seat covers from Tata dealership good (in price range 7K to 9K) or I should go out and get better ones?

3. For my Santro I had visited Trend in HSR layout, Bangalore wherein they will cut open the seats and use the wire to seal the new covers in order to give you the bucket appearance as original. Please note their covers are permanent and cannot be removed. But I do not wish to have any cuts and simply need to cover the seats with some water resistant good looking covers. Any suggestions here?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 7th May 2019 at 09:21.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 14:46   #2254
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 29
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
More questions:
1. Has anybody taken the gold AMC for Tiago? I am planning to go for extended warranty for sure but uncertain about the Gold AMC. Is it worth?

2. Another question is on seat covers. Are the seat covers from Tata dealership good (in price range 7K to 9K) or I should go out and get better ones?
1. I have taken both Gold AMC and Extended warranty. Gold AMC covers all the servicing cost for 2 years including car pickup/drop charges to service center. My Tiago completed 1 year last month and I can vouch, I did not pay a penny so far. About extended warranty, it covers from 3rd till 5th year i believe. ( Don't remember exactly though).

2. Seat cover for Tiago wasn't available at the dealership or service center for close to 1 year. Whatever design option I was offered, somehow I did not feel like paying 8K for it. Hence, I ordered it from outside. Cost me close to 6.5K.
Mine is a red car, so I ordered Black with red patterns. It looks far better than the dealership one any day.
Mishrap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 19:13   #2255
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Potential Safety Hazzard with AMT gearbox

Hi guy's, anyone wondered why Tiago does not have a gearshift locker or gated shifter like in other car's such as the Wagon R and Santro ?

It seems like a serious safety hazzard, because I was checking after few of my subscribers were asking me what would happen if someone accidentally hit's the gearbox while the car is in motion which is highly likely to happen if you have any kid sitting in the passenger side.

So after my tests here are the results.

1) Engaging reverse while the car is moving forward. The car keeps moving as normal after an audible chime and you have control of the engine.

2) Engaging Neutral while the car is moving forward. The car shifts to neutral and you loose control of the engine.

The neutral shift is what I am worried about. Don't you guy's think TATA should do something to avoid a potential road mishap because of this ?

For those who want to watch the video test that I did can check out the below link

stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 10:11   #2256
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 740
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
1. I have taken both Gold AMC and Extended warranty. Gold AMC covers all the servicing cost for 2 years including car pickup/drop charges to service center. My Tiago completed 1 year last month and I can vouch, I did not pay a penny so far. About extended warranty, it covers from 3rd till 5th year i believe. ( Don't remember exactly though).
One question on this. How much one needs to pay for first two years without gold AMC vs with gold AMC? If the cost of paying gold AMC amount is more that one needs to pay for some of the minor amounts (oil change etc.) during free services then is it worth?
I am asking this question since I had taken similar AMC for my Ertiga for two years. It was some 8K but I realized that the real expenses that were billed were of the order of 3-4K during first two years. I ended up paying 8K for AMC which was way too much than real expenses of 4K. So one way we are over paying considering if something happens the AMC will cover for us. But what is the probability of "something" to happen? Again the AMC for Maruti was not valid in other service centers outside Bangalore, which was another knock on my face. Ultimately I wasted big money in this AMC business. Does Tata gold AMC hold good across India?
Extended warranty does make sense to have.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 14:11   #2257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 29
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
One question on this. How much one needs to pay for first two years without gold AMC vs with gold AMC?
Before opting for AMC, I had a discussion with few customers in service center about the service bills for paid servicing.
For 1st year, the 3 free service bills are nominal which includes consumables in the range of few hundreds.
Few said the bill comes close to 3-4K per paid service.
Till second year there are 2 paid service which should arrive at 6-7K approx total.
Also, for 5 pickup services (for 3 free + 2 paid servicing) @ 250/300 per drop comes close to 1250-1500 approx.
Total comes to 8.5K-9K approx, which is close to the AMC I paid.

Last edited by Mishrap : 8th May 2019 at 14:14. Reason: spelling error
Mishrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 14:36   #2258
BHPian
 
DaptChatterjee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 49
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Potential Safety Hazzard with AMT gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
1) Engaging reverse while the car is moving forward. The car keeps moving as normal after an audible chime and you have control of the engine.

2) Engaging Neutral while the car is moving forward. The car shifts to neutral and you loose control of the engine.
Don't know about Santro or Wagon R but most AMT's including my Dzire AGS don't have a Gear lock. However, you can't shift from A/D to N or R without pressing the brake pedal. So, the brake pedal acts as the safety mechanism. Only the change between A/D to M is possible without braking.

I have driven the Tiago but didn't try the moves you mentioned. I believe the same mechanism would be there. May be someone who owns a Tiago AMT can clarify
DaptChatterjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 15:49   #2259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 740
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Total comes to 8.5K-9K approx, which is close to the AMC I paid.
So the question still remains valid. Is it worth to go for it or just go for extended warranty?
I am of the opinion to go to for extended warranty only based on your post and the experience I had with Ertiga earlier. I think the AMC money can be spent on good seat covers instead

Last edited by rajivtelang : 8th May 2019 at 15:51.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 19:19   #2260
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
So the question still remains valid. Is it worth to go for it or just go for extended warranty?
I am of the opinion to go to for extended warranty only based on your post and the experience I had with Ertiga earlier. I think the AMC money can be spent on good seat covers instead
Go only for the extended warranty. I don't think AMC pays off if you don't drive too much. I took just Extended warranty since I'll be driving less than 10K yearly.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2019, 22:02   #2261
Senior - BHPian
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN 75
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 660 Times
Default Re: Potential Safety Hazzard with AMT gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
Don't know about Santro or Wagon R but most AMT's including my Dzire AGS don't have a Gear lock. However, you can't shift from A/D to N or R without pressing the brake pedal. So, the brake pedal acts as the safety mechanism. Only the change between A/D to M is possible without braking.

I have driven the Tiago but didn't try the moves you mentioned. I believe the same mechanism would be there. May be someone who owns a Tiago AMT can clarify
There is no safety mechanism for Neutral in Tiago for sure that is what surprised me. It's only there for the reverse gear.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 20:29   #2262
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 740
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Go only for the extended warranty. I don't think AMC pays off if you don't drive too much. I took just Extended warranty since I'll be driving less than 10K yearly.
Got the Chassis number for booked Tiago NRG today and after decoding found it to be February 2019 car (Booked in April). I am about to have a look at the car tomorrow for PDI before registration. I have made the payment and went for B2B insurance plus extended warranty. I did not go for gold AMC.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 20:35   #2263
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 146
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

My Tiago XZA is due for first service in 2 weeks. Going by the best practice suggested in many posts on TBHP, I am planning to get the engine oil as well as the oil filter replaced.

Let me know if any of the fellow tiago owners have got it done and also how much it costed.
civic-dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2019, 23:31   #2264
BHPian
 
trinity0114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 108
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
My Tiago XZA is due for first service in 2 weeks. Going by the best practice suggested in many posts on TBHP, I am planning to get the engine oil as well as the oil filter replaced.

Let me know if any of the fellow tiago owners have got it done and also how much it costed.
I got the oil and filter changed during the first service which was due after 2 months, car had run for only 1000+ kms and the service advisor didn't agree to changing the oil as expected but on my insistence they did. I am attaching 2 screenshots from the TMSC app listing the first service details

Name:  IMG_20190511_232224.JPG
Views: 2228
Size:  41.6 KB

Costed 1451 including taxes
Name:  IMG_20190511_232127.JPG
Views: 2253
Size:  66.9 KB

In hindsight i think i could have extended the first oil change till the second service which is after 6 months as i think 1000 kms was too less for a oil change
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 00:23   #2265
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 146
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
I got the oil and filter changed during the first service which was due after 2 months, car had run for only 1000+ kms and the service advisor didn't agree to changing the oil as expected but on my insistence they did. I am attaching 2 screenshots from the TMSC app listing the first service details

Attachment 1875365

Costed 1451 including taxes
Attachment 1875366

In hindsight i think i could have extended the first oil change till the second service which is after 6 months as i think 1000 kms was too less for a oil change
Thanks, in my case, it has done only 700 kms so far. Still, I will get the engine oil and oil filter replaced.
civic-dk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh dZired The Indian Car Scene 258 4th November 2017 21:48
Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Tigor launched at Rs 4.7 lakhs Tushar The Indian Car Scene 780 23rd June 2017 14:27
Tata wants your help in renaming the Zica! (Edit: Now renamed Tiago) GTO The Indian Car Scene 145 26th February 2016 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks