Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 20:11   #2641
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
I couldn't find the coupler anywhere. Where did you get yours from?
The guys at TASS were extremely helpful and co-operative. Not to forget the support of some members from this community. It took quite a bit of hunting, but it was achieved.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 20:13   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
The guys at TASS were extremely helpful and co-operative. Not to forget the support of some members from this community. It took quite a bit of hunting, but it was achieved.
I just installed the headlights today except for this part. Can you help me source the coupler ?
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 22:27   #2643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just installed the headlights today except for this part. Can you help me source the coupler ?
Which coupler are you looking for? A headlamp harness coupler? The one cost effective way to source just a coupler without buying the whole wiring harness is to look for a salvaged one from an unlucky totaled car. Given that the Tigor is a bit of a unicorn with minimal sightings out there, the probability of finding a totaled one goes lower too. But still - have a look at the ASCs that you know. You might find one in their salvaged parts inventory. If you get one, do reward them generously. Its a favour afterall. Effectively they are losing out on a sale revenue of a harness that is a shockingly costly piece to buy! In case the coupler is shared with any other double barrel cars then you'd be in luck. The same coupler might be doing service since the old Indigo CS days.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th October 2020 at 22:35. Reason: typo
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 22:36   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Which coupler are you looking for? A headlamp harness coupler? The one cost effective way to source just a coupler without buying the whole wiring harness is to look for a salvaged one from an unlucky totaled car. Given that the Tigor is a bit of a unicorn with minimal sightings out there, the probability of finding a totaled one goes lower too. But stil - have a look at the ASCs that you know. You might find one in their salvaged parts inventory. If you get one, do reward them generously. Its a favour afteral. Effectively they are losing out on a sale revenue of a harness that is a shockingly costly piece to buy! In case the coupler is shared with any other double barrel cars then you'd be in luck. The same coupler might be doing service since the old Indigo CS days.
Being quoted by Reinhard sir is a dream come true. Thanks a ton for your reply sir, i did contact with SRM Motors, Lucknow which is my primary Tata ASC and those guys had no idea about what i was talking. They instead warned me that my warranty will be considered null and void if i do any mods to the cars electricals, tried explaining them but failed miserably AliExpress is also shady now after all the china BS. I couldn't even order the IRVM that you have installed in your Nexon (I read all of your posts and i do it again and again at times because you are such a PRO). I talked with the seller and he told me he couldn't send any items to India because of tense situation and stuff. It's already gotten into my nerves. Will visit another ASC on Monday and see if they can help me. Btw, since you've responded here's a little something, sir. Just for you

My first ever DIY on my Tiago
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20201007_135152.jpg  

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 7th October 2020 at 22:48. Reason: Typo
pritanshchandra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 21:41   #2645
BHPian

UPDATE : No luck finding the Headlight Leveling Coupler :( Can anyone with good relations at ASC help me source it?
Old 11th October 2020, 18:19   #2646
BHPian

Hi everyone, need a bit of help. Car met with a minor accident today (front collision with a dog, who was unhurt superficially and ran away) and now we have this yellow sign cropping up. There was a minor smoke behind the bumper but no coolant leakage. As per manual, this is fault with Engine management system. Currently car is in Udaipur (being used by better half) and she will take it to svc tomorrow morning. Any idea what it might be?

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20201011wa0007.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20201011wa0010.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 18:44   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
There was a minor smoke behind the bumper but no coolant leakage.
Any idea what it might be
Don't start the car! Make sure the underbody doesn't have any liquids dripping out - oil, coolant, etc. It's either a leak, or a sensor issue.

If you don't see any liquid traces, and the coolant and engine oil levels are okay, then take it to the TASS keeping a constant eye on the engine temperature
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 19:23   #2648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Don't start the car! Make sure the underbody doesn't have any liquids dripping out - oil, coolant, etc. It's either a leak, or a sensor issue.

If you don't see any liquid traces, and the coolant and engine oil levels are okay, then take it to the TASS keeping a constant eye on the engine temperature
Yes, since there was no leakage I asked her to drive keeping an eye on temperature gauge and other warning signs. She has reached her hotel now post 30-45 mins drive, will take it to service center tomorrow morning. Coolant level looked normal to me in pics. Let's wait for diagnosis now.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 20:37   #2649
BHPian

Hello all,

Is it possible that TASS can remap the car? after the 3rd free service, my car has become 'muted' the acceleration has become sedate that is earlier even with a slight twitch of the accelerator the car used to respond very well. ( in city mode ac on in both scenarios; the sport mode is still responsive)

Furthermore on the highways it takes a slow winding run up to hit speeds like 80-100.

Is it me getting used to the car? or did something happen?

Tyre pressure and other fluids and checks are as per the user manual.

Mine is an 2019 XZA(O) bs 4, one of the last batches.
Old 11th October 2020, 22:32   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
My first ever DIY on my Tiago
The way out was from SCRAP car. Entire wiring harness is needed not just the coupler. As has been mentioned. You wouldn't find a scrap Tigor but, given how the Tiago & Tigor are based on the original Indica platform - there are but a FEW common parts. The coupler can be found in Indica V2.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 22:55   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
The way out was from SCRAP car. Entire wiring harness is needed not just the coupler. As has been mentioned. You wouldn't find a scrap Tigor but, given how the Tiago & Tigor are based on the original Indica platform - there are but a FEW common parts. The coupler can be found in Indica V2.
Thanks for the response, i tried searching (still am) but couldn't find even one single scrape car that has the required wiring. Sir, if you find or you know someone who can help me please refer. I'll be forever grateful
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:23   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...will take it to service center tomorrow morning. Coolant level looked normal to me in pics. Let's wait for diagnosis now.
How did it go? Did TASS find the cause and fix it?
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:47   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
How did it go? Did TASS find the cause and fix it?
The smoke was due to condenser/radiator fan motor getting shot and there is damage to it's mounting as well. As expected, both the parts were not in stock and she was quoted close to Rs. 25k for total work. For now, they have readjusted the condenser to it's position, changed the fan motor with some other similar motor so that fan works fine and warning sign from the dashboard has disappeared. The car is in a position that it can be driven back to Gurgaon, rest I will take it to local TASS once the car is back tomorrow or on weekend and push for insurance claim. Today's expenses were close to 5k.
ast.ggn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:29   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
The smoke was due to condenser/radiator fan motor getting shot and there is damage to it's mounting as well. As expected, both the parts were not in stock and she was quoted close to Rs. 25k for total work. For now, they have readjusted the condenser to it's position, changed the fan motor with some other similar motor so that fan works fine and warning sign from the dashboard has disappeared. The car is in a position that it can be driven back to Gurgaon, rest I will take it to local TASS once the car is back tomorrow or on weekend and push for insurance claim. Today's expenses were close to 5k.
Glad to know that no serious harm was done still any degree of damage is still damage. I hope they fix it under insurance.
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 10:01   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone / you post a picture of exactly how this coupler is on the back of the headlamp? I don't know of course, but maybe it might be possible to source just the coupler from elsewhere if we can identify the type. Post a picture if possible - from side as well as from the coupler's front - showing the outer casing structure & the pins.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks