Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:34   #2716
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Clutch was sticking to the floor a couple of times. Showed it at service center. The guy adjusted the cable but also said Clutch needs to be replaced. Car has run 44600 kms. Diesel. Solely driven by me. Isn't the life of clutch for Tiago quite less? In my diesel City cluctch was replaced at 93000 km. Any members had their Tiago clutch replaced so soon?
Thanks to Gupta for sending this reply. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Ask him to check the footwell area - the clutch pedal stopper (rubber buffer) or the clutch pedal assistance spring can be the culprits. I don't think his car needs clutch replacement. Ask him to check out these things at any FNG. Thanks.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 19:07   #2717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Service is good but can't be compared to Maruti levels though.
Maruti is not interested in what you feel as an issue. If the service personnel feels, it is an issue. I am having some brushing sound issue from front right wheel in Ertiga and service person could not hear any noise in first attempt (deaf to customer request?), then he assumed as caliper pin issue but what they did is just cleaned that disk with high pressure air. As expected nothing changed, second visit, same thing. And everytime I see a new face at service center with equally deaf ears. Third time finally (sigh!) the person could hear something and concluded it to be wheel hub issue. OK, no problem. And he says it will cost you 2.5K, that too OK but part is out of stock and needs to be ordered. Fine, and I will get a call in few days once it arrives, order placed. It has been more than 2 months but no follow up or call from Maruti. Can I call this as good service? If I go again I will see a new face with deaf ears again and everything will be reset to square one. I am done with Maruti now, negligence, carelessness, who cares sort of attitude, really impossible to tolerate. Since it is important for you and perhaps not for them, it takes the last seat forever.
Anyways happy to see Tata's progress. Bought Tiago
in May 2019 and enjoying it to fullest. Atleast my experience with Tata is very good so far for 3 free services. Hopefully it will stay like that going further.
And in next few years Maruti will learn good lessons(I think gncap is already on that track) and Tata will flourish

Last edited by rajivtelang : 23rd December 2020 at 19:09.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 15:18   #2718
BHPian

I got my Tiago serviced a few days ago. I had missed the service 6 months ago due to the lockdown. The service itself was routine and Kropex motors, Hosur road, did a good job.

I had complained of jerky and inconsistent acceleration at low speeds and an ECU update solved the issue and I'm happy now. But I'm a bit upset that this was not done during the last 2 services, although I had complained about the issue, at Kropex and Concorde.

I had to get the AC vents replaced because the adjusters had broken off. About 500 for the side vent, about 900 for the centre dual vents and 200 for labour. I took a close look at the old parts and realised that the part broke because it is weak. The adjuster (slider) has tiny "eyes" that mate with a linkage pin. The eyes are quite weak and a bit of rough use can break them. I am surprised that this flimsy design was approved for production.

I'm still happy with the Tiago after 3½ years of ownership.
Motard_Blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 22:14   #2719
BHPian

In a mishap, the indicator glass on the left ORVM of my 2020 Tiago XZ+ has broken off. Is there any possibility of just changing the indicator glass, or should the mirror be changed as a whole? Costs 7.5k or so on boodmo, so will like to know if there's a way to avoid that.
Old 30th December 2020, 22:37   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
In a mishap, the indicator glass on the left ORVM of my 2020 Tiago XZ+ has broken off. Is there any possibility of just changing the indicator glass, or should the mirror be changed as a whole? Costs 7.5k or so on boodmo, so will like to know if there's a way to avoid that.
Try this.

Even though it doesn't show compatibility for 2020 Tiago, the ORVMs are same from the 2019 model. I had mine broken as well but it lights up fine so didn't bother replacing. If you do get it done, please update it here.
janakiram_m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 23:04   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
Try this.

Even though it doesn't show compatibility for 2020 Tiago, the ORVMs are same from the 2019 model. I had mine broken as well but it lights up fine so didn't bother replacing. If you do get it done, please update it here.
Right, I didn't see this since I searched for the 2020 model specifically. The car is barely a month old, and the piano black ORVM has picked up a good scratch too out of it.

I am planning to see what the ASS guys say during the first service. If they can replace the blinker alone I'll take that I guess. It lights up fine here too, but to me it's just downright painful to see that scratch :((.

Also, is the boodmo cost same as the one ASS quotes in general? And second, did you inquire about the blinker being available as spare at the ASS? I guess they should, since it is shared with the previous version?!
Old 31st December 2020, 08:30   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Also, is the boodmo cost same as the one ASS quotes in general? And second, did you inquire about the blinker being available as spare at the ASS? I guess they should, since it is shared with the previous version?!
Boodmo prices are usually 5 -10% above OEM prices. When I enquired at the TASS they said they can replace the entire ORVM only as in you case. The skull cap is plastic painted black and is available from Boodmo as well. ~ 250₹ I think. I felt devastated too after the first scratch. You'll get over it soon. The costs are very minimal and its convenient to fix all scratches once in two years or like interval except if bare metal is exposed.
janakiram_m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 08:57   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
Boodmo prices are usually 5 -10% above OEM prices. When I enquired at the TASS they said they can replace the entire ORVM only as in you case. The skull cap is plastic painted black and is available from Boodmo as well. ~ 250₹ I think. I felt devastated too after the first scratch. You'll get over it soon. The costs are very minimal and its convenient to fix all scratches once in two years or like interval except if bare metal is exposed.
Oh, that blinker spare is shared with all the other cars too it seems. So if they're only willing to change it as a whole I think I'd have to see if I can do something else. A small part of the glass broke away, and the rest is stuck in right now. So at the very least the rest of the glass must be pried out
Old 1st January 2021, 13:21   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Did you find any lag while using Android Auto in the infotainment system? For me, it sometimes takes over 5s for the apps to change. The maps audio guidance will be up to date, but the map display lags by almost a KM, leading me to miss turns.
Cross-posting from another thread: The issue seems to be somewhat fixed. Need to take a longer drive to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
A quick update on this issue. Received the latest update (Nov 2020) yesterday and the UI and touch response seems much improved. Haven't taken it out on long drives yet, but on short drives at least, the maps doesn't lag at all like it used to. Need to drive for a long distance at a good speed to see if it's just reduced or gone, but so far it looks promising.
Old 7th January 2021, 18:44   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
In addition to what Chiefpk has mentioned, get your insurance quote directly from the provider. And ask the dealer to match the quote or get it done on your own. That's usually another place where dealers quote higher than normal.
Got a flame red Tiago XZA+ home on 1st Jan. Loving it.

Was driving the Tiago for the past few days. Today as I started to turn my Hexa out of the parking, it felt like the steering had locked up, it required some effort.

I got down just to check if the tyres were snagged on something, hmm nothing. Tyre pressure in my Sensairy app was correct as well.

Sat back in the Hexa and I realised something, many Hexa TD reviews said that the steering was hard on low speeds, I had never felt so before, I thought it was fine. Seemed like the reviewers were nit picking.
My daily use car at that time was a 2008 i10.

After a back to back with Tiago, I realised what those reviewers were complaining about.

All TD's should also mention which car the reviewer drives daily that would be the proverbial pinch of salt.
Relax&Cruise is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:44   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago CNG spied on test

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiagocngspied11280x720.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiagotigorcngspied11280x720.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiagotigorcngspied21280x720.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiagotigorcngspied31280x720.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tatatiagotigorcngspied41280x720.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:22   #2727
BHPian

Has anyone tried attaching parcel strings to the 2020 Tiago? Is it possible?

I want to do so, because it is very difficult to place shopping bags in the boot when there is a parcel tray sitting atop, and I can't push the tray up as both hands are full. Can't remove it either, as it does double up as a slot for smaller items (placed such that my rearward visibility is not affected).
Old 9th January 2021, 10:42   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
Got a flame red Tiago XZA+ home on 1st Jan. Loving it.

Today as I started to turn my Hexa out of the parking, it felt like the steering had locked up, it required some effort.
Congratulations on your new ride. Have a long safe driving experience.

Same thing happened to me when I drove my Safari after driving Tiago for a week. Felt the steering hard in my Safari after driving the electrical power steering of Tiago. You can turn the wheel with just your finger in Tiago.
Another thing you hardly hear the engine in Tiago while the Safari engine's deep bass growl is always there.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:22   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Tiago CNG spied on test

Attachment 2104761
From the sticker, this looks to be the XZ trim model. isn't Tiago XZ trim comes with alloy wheels? This test car is sporting steel wheels. Is it going to be CNG only thing (XZ with steel wheel) to keep the prices low?
Old 9th January 2021, 12:53   #2730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsp View Post
From the sticker, this looks to be the XZ trim model. isn't Tiago XZ trim comes with alloy wheels? This test car is sporting steel wheels. Is it going to be CNG only thing (XZ with steel wheel) to keep the prices low?
I believe alloys are with the XZ+/XZA+ now. XZ/XZA come with their 14" "HyperStyle" dual tone wheels which I look at as a very smart combination of wheel+cap. Since its an XZ trim - the test mule is running with 14" steel wheels with caps I believe. Whatever available at the plant to match the technical specifications. Aesthetics won't be of much difference.

On a different train of thoughts - I wonder if they can make a CNG+AMT combination. While it might make the pricing a bit awkward on paper - it will be a very unique combination. I don't think any other car has been available in this combination. I think there will certainly be takers for a 30+ KMPL car with AMT. Most of the times - CNG is taken by those who spend daily office drives in heavy traffic and 50KMs per day. For such usage - CNG + AMT are a very interesting combination. Anyone knows if there are any technical limitations to this combination due to different power, torque & rpm characteristics of a CNG powered engine? I don't think there should be any issue other than correct software map for the shifting logic of the AMT controller.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th January 2021 at 12:56.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks