Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:17   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravankrishnan View Post

It's a new car and I have been facing the issue from the beginning. I can feel the rear wheels stepping out on rumble strips, mainly on bends when the car is laterally loaded. Otherwise on straights it handles it well enough. The tighter the turn and the faster I go, the worse it is.
Almost all commuter cars exhibit this behavior when driven over rumble strips at high speeds. And the rumble strips are placed to check the speed. So reduce the speed a little and cross them.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:10   #2867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
You can also add noodle mats from 3M to reduce noise from the road further.
Thanks. Is the 3M noodle map to be placed throuout the car platform or are you referring to only the 4 foot mats? Any place to source them from at an optimal price?
civic-dk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:25   #2868
BHPian

Other day I noticed the LED DRLs on a Tigor BS VI, and can't seem to get off my mind how nice they looked. I'm wondering if I can install the same LED DRLs on my Tiago.

Name:  Tigor Fog Lamp  DRL.PNG
Views: 1571
Size:  267.8 KB
Tigor Fog Lamp with DRLs

Name:  Tiago Fog Lamp.PNG
Views: 1377
Size:  196.2 KB
Tiago Fog Lamp

Has anyone here attempted to install the Tigor XZ+/XZA+ LED DRLs on the Tiago?

Obviously, will need to validate some items:
  1. If the necessary connectors are available with the Tiago wiring harness. If yes, it'll make that a simple plug and play job.
  2. If I can replace only the piano black part on the fog lamp assembly with the LED DRL or I'll need to replace the complete Fog lamp assembly.
  3. If it will be at a comparable cost with other aftermarket options.

Last edited by red_nemesis : 27th December 2021 at 12:26.
Old 31st December 2021, 01:42   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
1. Minor issues like slight rattling under the dashboard. Was fixed in first service. Holding up well so far.
Which place the vibration noise came from dashboard? Also what was the solution? Thanks in advance.
Old 4th January 2022, 08:51   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Thanks. Is the 3M noodle map to be placed throuout the car platform or are you referring to only the 4 foot mats? Any place to source them from at an optimal price?
The foot mats. The ones from 3M should cost about 6k. I think they cover the footwell completely. Other mats don't last as long. I have one that I picked up online and the driver foot mat is relatively free of noodles , not to mention a tear as well.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 21:46   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Having owned both the Tiago and an ignis I can give my 2 cents
What is your view between the Tiago and the Ignis? I have test driven and ridden both. The Nexa dealer is offering the Ignis Delta MT variant at 6 lakhs on road in Kolkata while the Tata dealer is offering the Tiago XZ+ variant at 6.53 lakhs on road. I didn't find any remarkable difference between the ride quality of both the cars (car would be mostly chauffeur driven as this is for my parents).

With just a 50K difference the fully loaded Tiago with a 4 star NCAP rating makes more sense. The car will not be driven much as I live outside the country hence would be used only for occasional runs for my parents and father in law (all of them senior citizens)

Appreciate your thoughts about both the Ignis and the Tiago. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th January 2022, 23:27   #2872
BHPian

[quote=samarjitdhar;5229201

With just a 50K difference the fully loaded Tiago with a 4 star NCAP rating makes more sense. The car will not be driven much as I live outside the country hence would be used only for occasional runs for my parents and father in law (all of them senior citizens)

Appreciate your thoughts about both the Ignis and the Tiago. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Ignis is far more spacious (legroom wise ) in the rear which is important for senior citizens and also has the better air con compared to Tiago. Also mileage will easily be better in the ignis. Tiago is tight on rear seat accomodation. Also xz+ makes no sense as touchscreen, reverse camera and alloy wheels will be enjoyed more by your chauffeur.

If it's 90 percent for ferrying senior citizens, I suggest ignis will be the better option. Tiago safety is more useful in our crazy highways. In city and at City speeds, safety should be relatively equal.

All are my personal opinions. Test drive with your in-laws and finalize they will be the end users ultimately.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:22   #2873
BHPian

Major Tiago XZ+ Updates Leaked: New color, projectors, DRLs and new interior theme

Major changes to the XZ+ model includes a new Midnight Plum color, Projector Headlamps, LED DRLs, black and beige dual tone interiors and some extra chrome bits. Updates on the Tigor as well, which will be posted in its official review. [EDIT: Link (Tata Tigor : Official Review)].

N.B: Received on WhatsApp, cannot confirm yet whether genuine or not. Mods please feel free to remove if needed.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-1.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-2.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-3.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-4.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-5.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-6.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-7.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-8.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-9.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-10.jpeg

I assume all of this comes at a cost. Otherwise recent Tiago buyers like myself will feel heavily let down .

Last edited by sravankrishnan : 18th January 2022 at 14:34.
sravankrishnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:16   #2874
BHPian

Tata Tiago : Official Review-1642574633591.jpg

Well, well... The CNG pricing is here. Currently only being offered in MT.
Old 22nd January 2022, 21:00   #2875
BHPian

Friends,

Just checking with anyone having Tiago XZ/XZA variants with Harman touch screen.
If anyone has installed reverse camera on it from Tata, does it interfere with the default reverse sensor.
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:35   #2876

Hello Everyone-

I have three quick questions -

I own a Tiago XZA+DT 2019 model

1. The dashboard MID is set to display the number of days before the next service is due; once the servicing is done isn't the number of days reset to the next due date? reason I ask is - Venkataramana motors in Kondapur, hyd didnt do it and and the CRM and SA are not responding properly when I put this question to them.

2. The tailgate struts dont seem to be working properly as in - as soon as I open the boot, the travel is limited to a certain distance and I need to push it lightly by hand so that it travels the full distance, can someone confirm if it works the same way on their cars? Again I complained about the same and the Service Executive and CRM informed me that the tail gate struts are not covered under extended warranty, when I asked them for an acknowledgement over an email or as a comment on the service invoice itself, they flatly refused. Wanted to seek the advise of the group before I lodge a compliant with Tata

3. My 3rd free service and 1st paid service were delayed because of covid impact and I could not send my car over for service on time, is this going to have a bearing on the extended warranty? as the dealer is playing around with me on this point and has been evasive on my queries ( this question ties into #2 partly when I asked them on why tailgate struts were not covered under warranty/extended warranty)

Some of these questions may be pretty basic, however I am trying to get my basics right
Old 24th January 2022, 17:41   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
Hello Everyone-
2. The tailgate struts dont seem to be working properly as in - as soon as I open the boot, the travel is limited to a certain distance and I need to push it lightly by hand so that it travels the full distance, can someone confirm if it works the same way on their cars? Again I complained about the same and the Service Executive and CRM informed me that the tail gate struts are not covered under extended warranty, when I asked them for an acknowledgement over an email or as a comment on the service invoice itself, they flatly refused. Wanted to seek the advise of the group before I lodge a compliant with Tata
You should reach out to Tata customer care and ask this question about the warranty on struts.

Long back I had extended warranty from Chevrolet on my Spark and they had even replaced the silencer and driver seat within warranty. Tyres were changed for another customer I know of for uneven wear.
Old 24th January 2022, 18:01   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone-
I have three quick questions - I own a Tiago XZA+DT 2019 model
For your query number 1, it’s a simple 5 minute job. Go to any Tata service and ask them to reset the service reminder.

For your second query, struts should be in warranty. Check the extended warranty booklet you would have received while buying the warranty. It should mention these points.
Old 24th January 2022, 19:52   #2879
BHPian

https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/...ended-warranty

This link provides basic info on extended warranty. The exclusion mentions things like bulb, battery, tyres etc but struts is not on the list. As mentioned by @abhi_tjet the booklet is a place to go for details.
Old 24th January 2022, 20:36   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
1. The dashboard MID is set to display the number of days before the next service is due; once the servicing is done isn't the number of days reset to the next due date? reason I ask is - Venkataramana motors in Kondapur, hyd didnt do it and and the CRM and SA are not responding properly when I put this question to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
For your query number 1, it’s a simple 5 minute job. Go to any Tata service and ask them to reset the service reminder.
I don't think you need to visit the service center for this simple task. You can do it yourself. Just look up 'how to reset service reminder for Tiago' on Youtube, you'll get ample videos. It is as simple as resetting the trip meter.

Quote:
2. Again I complained about the same and the Service Executive and CRM informed me that the tail gate struts are not covered under extended warranty, when I asked them for an acknowledgement over an email or as a comment on the service invoice itself, they flatly refused.
I'd suggest you demand the extended warranty booklet from the workshop/whoever you bought the extended warranty from. Get the workshop GM involved. If they don't budge, you can reach out to Customer Care Manager, who is a TML employee and not the employee of dealership/workshop. (Not sure if the CRM you are referring to is the same person).

Quote:
3. My 3rd free service and 1st paid service were delayed because of covid impact and I could not send my car over for service on time, is this going to have a bearing on the extended warranty?
Tata Motors had officially extended the scheduled service periods during the lockdowns. I don't think this should have an impact on your extended warranty if have done all your services at TASS.

Overall, from what you have shared, it seems very arrogant and crooked behaviour from the dealership simply trying to dismiss your concerns. By any chance, is this the only dealer in your area? That could lead to such arrogant behaviour.

I suggest you try out with a different service center without mentioning any of the excuses given by these guys.
red_nemesis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks