Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 14:07   #3016
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hello all

I have observed that the overall fuel efficiency of my taigo xz (p) has decreased. I recently took the car out for a long drive on the expressway and the average FE I got was 16kmpl with ac on and sedate riding.

Can the petrol car owners comment on the FE figures that you are getting.
Old 21st September 2023, 08:32   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Has anyone tried attaching parcel strings to the 2020 Tiago? Is it possible?

I want to do so, because it is very difficult to place shopping bags in the boot when there is a parcel tray sitting atop, and I can't push the tray up as both hands are full. Can't remove it either, as it does double up as a slot for smaller items (placed such that my rearward visibility is not affected).
I'm glad you asked
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 15:56   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs123 View Post
ECU flashing could not be done today as well. SVC is getting errors while doing so. Now Tata motors CCM says it's an issue at their server and they are working on it. By September 25th program will be available for flashing. Till then I just need to continue to wait
This could very well be the OBD device/driver issue as well. The files are getting downloaded but the programming does not start and fails at initialisation. Hope it gets resolved ASAP.

Also try to get the error logs/DTC before clearing them. It could help in better diagnosis of the issue.

Last edited by John P Daniel : 12th October 2023 at 15:58. Reason: Grammer
John P Daniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 18:20   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
I have been an 'overall' happy Tata Tiago owner for 4 years, ten months, and for 30,000 km as of date.
The first batch of the AMT Tiago - I have an XZA Petrol with a 1.2 NA 3 cylinder Revotron engine and the 5 speed AMT 'head nod' auto box.

Now, to the problem: On a lovely Sunday morning in September 2021, after a 20 km spirited highway drive - suddenly - out of nowhere - the Engine Temperature Gauge (digital) goes to ZERO. No, not one bar. NO BARS. Blank. Gone. And, the engine coolant temperature sign comes on. (red colour). This is different from the CEL and the Engine Temperature high sign (as per the manual).

I faced a similar ordeal few weeks ago with my Tigor XZA. I have 82K on my odo and I have mostly driven on the highways (~80%). The car has been performing very well in my last 5 years of ownership. I prefer 2 wheels within the city & i have massive respect for folks who drive within Bangalore city .

So this happened when I was on the way to KIAL. I had a meeting in Hosur in the morning and a flight to catch at 6.30 pm. Considering the traffic situation, I planned on driving to the airport from Hosur after the meeting and save time, and also avoid the cab booking business. Little did I know that it was a bad call. Took me 2.5-3 hrs from Hosur to Hebbal via Sarjapura-Varthur . The moment I touched Hebbal thinking that the worst was over, I got double trouble - CEL & CBL come up and the car struggles to go forward. I safely stopped the vehicle & waited for a few mins before I gave it a crank. The car starts reluctantly and again dies on me after a few kms. This happened 5 times, till I reached Yelahanka IAF base frantically looking left and right for a mechanic. Fortunately, TATA has a newly opened service centre in Yelahanka. It was 3.5 Kms away. All this while I had figured out that car was peforming slightly better in manual and drove it on 2nd gear till the service centre. Opened the Job card, spoke to SA and left for KIAL.

2 days later I spoke to SA and he said diagnosis has been done and there is nothing wrong. Clutch wear is very minimal (??), AMT oil level is fine, Error codes have been cleaned and so on. Another chap over there says the car went into Limp Mode due to "some" sensor or "overheating". I took back the car from the service centre and took it for a long drive via BIEC - NICE road - ECity. No problem at all!!

Now, should I get the clutch assembly changed preemptively (as suggested by one of the SAs I trust, who mentioned that 80K+ Kms without clutch change might be the reason)?

I really don't want to get into this situation again. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Last edited by k88k : 12th October 2023 at 18:26.
k88k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 18:57   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
I faced a similar ordeal few weeks ago with my Tigor XZA. I have 82K on my odo and I have mostly driven on the highways (~80%). The car has been performing very well in my last 5 years of ownership. I prefer 2 wheels within the city & i have massive respect for folks who drive within Bangalore city .

So this happened when I was on the way to KIAL. I had a meeting in Hosur in the morning and a flight to catch at 6.30 pm. Considering the traffic situation, I planned on driving to the airport from Hosur after the meeting and save time, and also avoid the cab booking business. Little did I know that it was a bad call. Took me 2.5-3 hrs from Hosur to Hebbal via Sarjapura-Varthur . The moment I touched Hebbal thinking that the worst was over, I got double trouble - CEL & CBL come up and the car struggles to go forward. I safely stopped the vehicle & waited for a few mins before I gave it a crank. The car starts reluctantly and again dies on me after a few kms. This happened 5 times, till I reached Yelahanka IAF base frantically looking left and right for a mechanic. Fortunately, TATA has a newly opened service centre in Yelahanka. It was 3.5 Kms away. All this while I had figured out that car was peforming slightly better in manual and drove it on 2nd gear till the service centre. Opened the Job card, spoke to SA and left for KIAL.

2 days later I spoke to SA and he said diagnosis has been done and there is nothing wrong. Clutch wear is very minimal (??), AMT oil level is fine, Error codes have been cleaned and so on. Another chap over there says the car went into Limp Mode due to "some" sensor or "overheating". I took back the car from the service centre and took it for a long drive via BIEC - NICE road - ECity. No problem at all!!

Now, should I get the clutch assembly changed preemptively (as suggested by one of the SAs I trust, who mentioned that 80K+ Kms without clutch change might be the reason)?

I really don't want to get into this situation again. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Couple of questions:

1. What was the fuel available in the car when the car gave up on you?
2. Was the temperature hot outside?
3. And did you run the car continuously for those 2.5-3 hours you mentioned?

If the fuel was less than 1/4th and your answers to questions 2 & 3 is Yes, then it is the fuel pump issue which both Tiago & Tigor manufactured before 2019 (I am not sure on the year though) had. Based on the 3 parameters mentioned above, the engine cuts off abruptly and and it behaves normal after you start the car in sometime. And it gives up on you again.

So either you will have to fill the tank with fuel for the pump to cool down, or wait for sometime, till it cools down for no further troubles.

I think if you are okay to spend 13K, go ahead with a new fuel pump which the recent Tiago or Tigor gets or, make sure to keep the fuel at least more than 1/2 tank if you are going to drive for long time in the heat.

All this is from my experience from the Petrol Tiago I own. Hope this helps.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 09:26   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
If the fuel was less than 1/4th and your answers to questions 2 & 3 is Yes, then it is the fuel pump issue which both Tiago & Tigor manufactured before 2019 (I am not sure on the year though) had. Based on the 3 parameters mentioned above, the engine cuts off abruptly and and it behaves normal after you start the car in sometime. And it gives up on you again.

So either you will have to fill the tank with fuel for the pump to cool down, or wait for sometime, till it cools down for no further troubles.

I think if you are okay to spend 13K, go ahead with a new fuel pump which the recent Tiago or Tigor gets or, make sure to keep the fuel at least more than 1/2 tank if you are going to drive for long time in the heat.

Oh! Did you have to change your fuel pump in your Tiago?
I'm on my third fuel pump in my Zest (Petrol, 2016 make)
1st change was under warranty in 2018. 2nd change in 2022 out of my pocket (Cost about Rs.12,000). And the service advisor did remark that fuel-pump going bad is reported more in Tiagos and Tigors than Zest
I hope Tata has resolved this issue in current gen Tiago and Tigor. And they have to be more supportive of owners of older gen cars who struggle with fuel pump issues.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 10:42   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Oh! Did you have to change your fuel pump in your Tiago?
No I haven't changed it. Now the running has come down on the Tiago and it is limited to only cities, as I bought an SUV for long distances. Tiago doesn't see more than 1 hour of continuous driving nowadays and I make to fill up when the tank is around 1/4th mark.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 15:06   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Couple of questions:

1. What was the fuel available in the car when the car gave up on you?
2. Was the temperature hot outside?
3. And did you run the car continuously for those 2.5-3 hours you mentioned?

Thanks fusionbang! Will go ahead with the fuel pump change then. Now I get why the SA during my last service was indicating on Fuel Pump change (for which I had given a go-ahead though). May be due to sheer load of vehicles, they decided to not to change it.

To answer your questions:

1. What was the fuel available in the car when the car gave up on you? -DTE was ~300 km so more than half tank was available easily.
2. Was the temperature hot outside? -No. 30ish.
3. And did you run the car continuously for those 2.5-3 hours you mentioned? -Yes. Min. 2 hrs bumper-to-bumper
k88k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 22:48   #3024

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P Daniel View Post
This could very well be the OBD device/driver issue as well. The files are getting downloaded but the programming does not start and fails at initialisation. Hope it gets resolved ASAP.

Also try to get the error logs/DTC before clearing them. It could help in better diagnosis of the issue.
They came back to me with the same issue. Even after 2 months the an ECU flash could not be done. Actually they didn't bother to call.me.or update.. when I did a follow up well past the committed timeline, they repeated the same reasoning.Tata motors CCM is just happy to be doing his duty, by saying "sorry sir". No new time line. Asked him couple of times to share escalation Matrix, which he simply ignores. I just can't beleive that Tata motors can't fix this issue at their end for months now! I regret my decision of buying a tata car now.
Old 13th November 2023, 09:07   #3025
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, I had a chance to sit in a Tiago (EV) and a Baleno, back-to-back. Despite both cars being about the same height, the Tiago's seating position felt more upright - the knees are not so raised as when in the Baleno.
Old 1st December 2023, 17:20   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, what is the last update on the touchscreen of anyone's 2020 Tiago? Our pre-worshipped one is still running the December 2019 update. It'd be great if someone can respond to this as I'd be sending it for the minor service this month.
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:10   #3027

After dreading about AMT Issues in TATA cars, it has occurred to us.
We own a 2019 January purchased TATA Tiago XZA.
We have not encountered any major issues in the last 4.9 years of ownership, except for one-time Oil Sensor replacement.
On November 27 Monday, we had some personal errands to run. We had a run for about 30 km and we reached the hospital for a checkup. After 2 hours from the hospital, we started the car, once the car passed the gate, the AMT fault warning light came in and we parked the car towards the roadside. We waited for 10 minutes with the engine off and started the car again. The warning light still popped up and the Neutral sign (N) was blinking. On moving the gear lever to A(drive), the car was not engaging to drive. The same was was for Reverse and for manual mode as well.
We contacted our local TATA ASC (Focuz Kozhencherry) and asked for our sales advisor. We advised it may be due to a sensor issue and arranged a pick-up. We insisted on a flatbed truck. Meanwhile, I sent my family back to the house and waited near the car. After about 1.5 Hours, the crane service truck reached and we transported the car to the service center.
A job card was opened and since it was almost past 5 pm they said they would start the next day. The mechanics started to take apart the piece under the gear lever and the part behind the air conditioner. They were checking for any loose wires that must have resulted in the error.
The next day around noon the service advisor called us and informed us that on checking the error codes, there were two errors one with TCU and the other with the gear lever. They took apart the gearbox and informed us they would confirm the next day.
Today they informed us that the fault is with the TCU part and needs to be replaced. The total cost of the TCU part is Rs 28096 excluding the labour charges. It has to be ordered and the part should arrive from Pune.
The car has been in the Service center for a week now.
Has Anyone faced issues related to the TCU Unit ?
jerrindanny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 08:34   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
Completed 4 happy years with this car (XZ Petrol). 4th year service costed me 9.9k including replacement of the broken central AC Vent (due to use of mobile holder) and rear boot hydraulics which gave up. Still feels butter smooth and comfy on the road as day 1.

Will need to replace the battery soon is what they tell me.

I am at 27k kilometers, Mostly used for commute, Semi annual drives to Kerala from Bangalore.
Completed 7 years with the car. Odo is at 50k. Everything good except the panels have started to come alive due to the vibrations. Last service was uneventful. No major parts changed since my last update. The itch to upgrade has started, not because of the car because now I have outgrown this segment perhaps. Interiors still holding up very neat and clean. People have a hard time believing that my car is 7 years old. I think this is mainly because I have used the car 100% (almost) with Air conditioning ON (I have allergy to some kinds of dust)
madhavgpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 11:49   #3029
BHPian

I just went for my 3rd free service of Tata Tiago XZA+ 2023 model. The service centre has quoted a price of 5745 + taxes. Surely this is too much? Service representative has provided a partial breakup:-

1) Wheel Balancing:- 1300 INR
2) Wheel Alignment:- 500 INR
3) Lubrication:- 350 INR
4) A/C Vent Cleaning:- 900 INR

They said that they'll provide the remaining breakup after some time.
Old 26th December 2023, 13:53   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
I just went for my 3rd free service of Tata Tiago XZA+ 2023 model. The service centre has quoted a price of 5745 + taxes. Surely this is too much? Service representative has provided a partial breakup:-

1) Wheel Balancing:- 1300 INR
2) Wheel Alignment:- 500 INR
3) Lubrication:- 350 INR
4) A/C Vent Cleaning:- 900 INR

They said that they'll provide the remaining breakup after some time.
Something is wrong, what is the kilometers reading on your car? Looks like wheel alignment and balancing was not required unless you have driven it for quite a distance in such a short span. Also AC vent cleaning? Why do we need it so early unless you are in a real dusty and hot environment? You better ask the SA what's going on here. The charges look like service after 2 or 3 years of usage. Others can also suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks