Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 11:21   #1516
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
I can see you are not too enthusiastic. Any particular reason you would advise against the amt?
AMT has a considerable lag from 1st to 2nd gear. Also, unless sports mode is used AC performance and pickup in 1st gear is not to my liking.

But, my previously driven car was a swift diesel, so I may get biased in my opinion.

Tiago xza is a very capable vehicle at its price point. Its just I don't like the automatic mode with city mode. For me it's either auto mode with sports mode or manual mode.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:23   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post

Any inputs will be welcome. I am also getting a higher quote on insurance (23500) for the XZ. I am wondering if not getting the car insured from the dealer makes more sense.
The Tiago uses the same AMT system as Maruti. So if you have confidence in the Maruti product then you can have equal confidence in the Tata product. This concerns only the AMT kit or package since the rest of the gearbox is different.

I got superior insurance cover for cheaper by contacting insurance companies myself. Weirdly, ICICI Lombard does not offer zero depreciation rider for Tata cars and HDFC ergo was double the price of everyone else!
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:35   #1518
BHPian

Though it's going to be the fourth car in the stable, I have very little knowledge as well as experience with amt. So I don't have reference standards to compare with. Which is why the feedback is important.
Old 30th May 2017, 12:38   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Tiago xza is a very capable vehicle at its price point. Its just I don't like the automatic mode with city mode. For me it's either auto mode with sports mode or manual mode.
I was of the precise same view. At least first 3 weeks. Auto mode in sports or manual. Then, as the drive increased and traffic started becoming a factor, City mode made sense.

I did not notice any significant difference in average between the 2.
I would recommend going for the XZA as it definitely offers more comfort and ease with lesser vibrations. It's worth it in city driving not just for the ladies.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 15:55   #1520
Distinguished - BHPian

Electric Tata Tiago in the works.

Tiago could be the first of Tata Motors’ electric cars to go on sale.

ACI
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 16:48   #1521

Hi guys, anyone has an indication on approximate cost of 3rd free service/1 year. Kms done is 8k for XZ P.
Petr0lHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 22:00   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr0lHead View Post
Hi guys, anyone has an indication on approximate cost of 3rd free service/1 year. Kms done is 8k for XZ P.
Hey, I took my Tia xz p today for 3rd service and it cost me 1700rs without alignment, I did alignment last month. The bill break up is some 1330RS for oil and rest for filter and consumables.
Old 6th June 2017, 13:34   #1523
BHPian

Folks, help me decide between a Celerio and a Tiago. I recently test drove the Tiago and liked it very much. Tiago XZ (revtron) is priced at 6.09L and Celerio ZXI is priced at 5.73L (both without alloy variants). The 30K price difference does matter to me since I am on a tight budget. I am yet to test drive the Celerio.

I found Tiago to be comfortable to drive within the city. Tiago owners please comment on the highway performance of the car. Is it stable at 100KMPH ? Can it do 3 digit speeds comfortable (100-120KMph) despite the being heavier than Celerio. I hope the 84 BHP 3 pot engine can deliver compared to the 67 BHP Celerio's engine.
Old 6th June 2017, 13:42   #1524
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Folks, help me decide between a Celerio and a Tiago. I recently test drove the Tiago and liked it very much. Tiago XZ (revtron) is priced at 6.09L and Celerio ZXI is priced at 5.73L (both without alloy variants). The 30K price difference does matter to me since I am on a tight budget. I am yet to test drive the Celerio.

I found Tiago to be comfortable to drive within the city. Tiago owners please comment on the highway performance of the car. Is it stable at 100KMPH ? Can it do 3 digit speeds comfortable (100-120KMph) despite the being heavier than Celerio. I hope the 84 BHP 3 pot engine can deliver compared to the 67 BHP Celerio's engine.
Make sure you've got the ZXI(option) price since even the top model in Celerio doesn't come standard with abs and airbags.

As for the Celerios driving, I have test driven it and can comfortably say that it is best as a city car. It doesn't have the grunt or power to be cruising at 100-120 kmph all day. I expect the Tiago to be marginally better, but even then it's not the most refined engine so Highway cruising won't be a very comfortable affair.

Since you're already considering the Tiago XZ, why not look at the Ignis or the Swift?(Don't hate me for confusing you even more ) Especially the Ignis since it comes with airbags and abs as standard and even the lower variants make a lot of sense. There's even some deals coming on it now. Do compare it once before finalising the car.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:03   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Make sure you've got the ZXI(option) price since even the top model in Celerio doesn't come standard with abs and airbags.

As for the Celerios driving, I have test driven it and can comfortably say that it is best as a city car. It doesn't have the grunt or power to be cruising at 100-120 kmph all day. I expect the Tiago to be marginally better, but even then it's not the most refined engine so Highway cruising won't be a very comfortable affair.

Since you're already considering the Tiago XZ, why not look at the Ignis or the Swift?(Don't hate me for confusing you even more ) Especially the Ignis since it comes with airbags and abs as standard and even the lower variants make a lot of sense. There's even some deals coming on it now. Do compare it once before finalising the car.
Having driven both, definitely the Tiago is much more planted than Celerio. Feels stable. Is stable. Braking is better too.
I just got my first service done, so haven't touched 120 yet, but it was comfortably cruising at 100 with a good average of around 19 kmpl. Could have easily pushed more, especially in sports mode.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:20   #1526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, help me decide between a Celerio and a Tiago. I recently test drove the Tiago and liked it very much. Tiago XZ (revtron) is priced at 6.09L and Celerio ZXI is priced at 5.73L (both without alloy variants). The 30K price difference does matter to me since I am on a tight budget. I am yet to test drive the Celerio
Quote:
+1.

On paper, 3 vs 4 cylinder may not look like much. But, between Tiago and Ignis, you will surely appreciate the difference. The refinement is much much better in Ignis. I was almost sold on the Tiago but never could convince myself to go for the lack lustre engine. A few test drives of the Ignis, and I now think I know which one to pick.

Do take test drives and look around. Decide on the car which you feel best suits your needs in your budget. ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:35   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you're already considering the Tiago XZ, why not look at the Ignis. Do compare it once before finalising the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1.
On paper, 3 vs 4 cylinder may not look like much. But, between Tiago and Ignis, you will surely appreciate the difference. The refinement is much much better in Ignis.
It looks like the Ignis fans are invading the Tiago thread I agree with what has been said by both the folks above.

I was in the same boat and finally leaned towards the Ignis Delta AMT and I am happy with my purchase. The car was delivered last weekend and I am in the process of compiling my ownership report which should be out hopefully soon in the next couple of days. Its going thru the grind of "strict" team bhp review cycle.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:47   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
It looks like the Ignis fans are invading the Tiago thread I agree with what has been said by both the folks above.

I was in the same boat and finally leaned towards the Ignis Delta AMT and I am happy with my purchase. The car was delivered last weekend and I am in the process of compiling my ownership report which should be out hopefully soon in the next couple of days. Its going thru the grind of "strict" team bhp review cycle.
Lol! I am still on the fence, yet to take the final call

That is why I mentioned to test drive all options and then decide. What might work for us, may not work for someone else. It all comes down to the individual's priorities and choices.

Looking forward to your ownership thread
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:02   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, help me decide between a Celerio and a Tiago.
The K10B engine has a split personality. It suffers from poor low-end torque, but has good mid range power. It will be a little more refined than the Tiago's engine.

But, for the price of 6.1L OTR Tiago is more VFM and is better built. So, if it is the case of Tiago vs Celerio, Tiago wins hands down.

In case, you decide to up the budget by 20-30k, which is mostly the case on team-bhp where you start with budget 'X' but end up spending '2X'.
Then as said above by others, there is nothing that comes close to the Ignis Delta petrol manual transmission.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:44   #1530
BHPian

Quote:

why not look at the Ignis or the Swift?(Don't hate me for confusing you even more ) Especially the Ignis since it comes with airbags and abs as standard and even the lower variants make a lot of sense. There's even some deals coming on it now. Do compare it once before finalising the car.
I will keep the ZXI(O) point in mind when I TD the car. Your suggestions are most welcome. The Ignis and Swift are out of my budget. My budget was 5.75L, I am streatching it to 6L just for Tiago XZ. If Tiago XT were to be equipped with ABS and airbags I would not have opted for XZ. XT gets only airbags (both driver and passenger, but no ABS)

Swift VXI(0) is 6.95L OTR in Bangalore, Ignis sigma is 5.76L , Delta is around 6.5L, Sigma is very basic and lacks almost everything other than ABS and Airbags. I am yet to have a closer look on the Ignis. However, I may not like buying a very basic car. Thanks for suggesting, will definitely visit Nexa showroom shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Having driven both, definitely the Tiago is much more planted than Celerio. Feels stable. Is stable. Braking is better too.
I just got my first service done, so haven't touched 120 yet, but it was comfortably cruising at 100 with a good average of around 19 kmpl. Could have easily pushed more, especially in sports mode.
Tiago has sports mode ? I thought it had just eco and the city mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The K10B engine has a split personality. It suffers from poor low-end torque, but has good mid range power. It will be a little more refined than the Tiago's engine.

But, for the price of 6.1L OTR Tiago is more VFM and is better built. So, if it is the case of Tiago vs Celerio, Tiago wins hands down.

In case, you decide to up the budget by 20-30k, which is mostly the case on team-bhp where you start with budget 'X' but end up spending '2X'.
Then as said above by others, there is nothing that comes close to the Ignis Delta petrol manual transmission.
I cannot afford to double my budget. Ignis delta might be out of my reach. Sigma yes, might be, but not sure if I can like a bare bone basic car.

My dad used to own Innova GX 7 . I am used to power,comfort , nice things like power windows, electric mirrors, rear wash and wipe etc. I had to sell the car go due to personal reasons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks