Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2017, 05:31   #1666
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post

Also I need some advice from the guru's, the dealer has a 2016 (november) manufactured Tiago XT in stock and is offering me 35K discount on it. Now I have some questions:
- Is it worth buying almost a year old model?
- Since the car is almost a year old how reliable can it be? Will it be mechanically sound, since it has been standing in the yard for almost 1 year.
- What kind of negotiations can I do with the dealer IF I deccide to go ahead with it?
Don't buy it. It's too old, too expensive, too risky. Tata has a habit of making small improvements in all their cars without announcing them. You will lose out on them all if you pick the old stock car.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:04   #1667
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Don't buy it. It's too old, too expensive, too risky. Tata has a habit of making small improvements in all their cars without announcing them. You will lose out on them all if you pick the old stock car.

+1

In addition to this why is a November 2016 Tiago still left with the dealer? Tiago is no Aria or Storme, it's a hot selling product. Please avoid this car.
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:20   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post

Initially I was given the same time frame but later they changed it to 4-5 months.
Have you taken up the issue with Tata motors customer care? Call them, email and post through twitter.
Old 24th September 2017, 12:54   #1669
BHPian

Hi Guys.

I am in the process of finalizing the Tiago XZ in Noida and have some questions which I need your help with.

- Since I wish to register the car in Noida, I have run out of options as far as dealers are concerned. The only dealer in Noida for Tata AFAIK is Sagar Motors. Any feedbacks about this dealer, or any way I can purchase the car from Delhi?

- I had asked Sagar Motors for a Quotation, and I have been quoted INR 5000 as logistics charges. I know that Hyundai has stopped levying the charges because of a recent ruling against them. But is this usual for Tata Motors? Is there anything I could do to get these charges waived?

- What is the extent to which I should be negotiating to try and squeeze some discounts on this deal?

Your inputs on the above and any other stuff I should be mindful about while purchasing the vehicle are much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 26th September 2017, 16:37   #1670
BHPian

I have been facing some situation with regard to my booking of a Tiago. Want some perspective/advice from folks here who have already gone through a buying experience. This post will be a bit long, please bear with me.

I have paid my booking amount for a Tiago XZA AMT with a dealer in Bangalore (I am withholding the name, since I don't want to cause bad vibes unnecessarily in case my understanding is incorrect). I had booked the vehicle on 21-Sep (Ghatasthapana) only after the SA checked the stock and could confirm he would be able to deliver the car on Dasara *for sure*. We chose one colour from those available in stock then. I decided to buy the insurance from outside, since the dealer was unweilding despite showing him much lower quotes.

Now I was under the impression that paying a booking amount is commitment enough to buy the car. He in fact got my sign on the paper that talked about booking-amount forefeiture schedule in case I cancel my booking. But then after a day or two, he started asking me if I can pay half the car price so that he can proceed with registration. Here is more or less how the dialogue proceeded over next few days -

Friday, 22-Sep
SA: Sir, I have shared RTGS account info with you, can you pay 2.5L via RTGS so that I can start the registration process?
Me: But I will need to check the vehicle first and do my own inspection. Besides, I will need to convey the engine/chassis number to the insurance guy. Won't you need insurance for registration?
SA: Sir, we do all the inspection and checks ourselves, please don't worry.
Me: I will still want to do my own inspection.
SA: I can get the vehicle for inspection only on Wednesday (27-Sep), then there won't be much time available for registration afterwards.
Me: I will be able to pay in full on Monday or Tuesday itself. Once I am satisfied with the inspection, I will pay in full via RTGS right at the showroom.
SA: Ok sir, I will see if I can get the car in showroom on Tuesday.

Monday, 25-Sep
SA's TL: Sir, will you be making payment so that registration can proceed?
Me: I thought I and SA agreed that the vehicle will be made available for inspection on Tuesday?
TL: But this is festive season, and we can't proceed with registration before payment. You need to at least make a part-payment, and give it in writing that you will pay the rest (or something of that effect, I don't exactly remember) ...
Me: (I was now getting little spooked) I am not saying you proceed with registration without payment, but I can't pay before I see the vehicle first, do my inspection, then you guys will generate the invoice with the engine/chassis number and I will pay against that invoice. How do you expect me to pay for a vehicle I haven't seen myself. (I was getting spooked even further since these guys were pushing for registration so much)
TL: ... no, maybe we can generate a pro-forma invoice, but don't worry about the engine/chassis number it will be taken care of ... (!). There are processes that we have to follow ... (call dropped, and he didn't call back.)

Tuesday, 26-Sep (today)
[I called the TL myself, to check if the vehicle is to be made available for inspection today]
Me: <self-intro and pleasantries>. Will the vehicle be made available for inspection today?
TL: umm ... I will confirm.

[about 2-hrs Later]
SA: Sir, my TL called you yesterday about the payment. We need to get payment before we can send the vehicle for registration.
Me: (Now I was getting irritated) I am not going pay a single penny over and above the booking amount before I get an official communincation, maybe from your official email address, if not via a pro-forma invoice there at the time of PDI, saying "this is the engine/chassis/VIN number assigned to you". I will then see the vehicle for myself, and do my PDI. And then will make the payment. I thought you were going to make it available for PDI today?
SA: Sir, we need the payment 4-days before proceeding with registration (this, in his defense, he had once mentioned before, iirc). Please don't worry about the car, I will refund the whole amount if you want later (I am not sure who will believe that). The car is in stockyard and I will see if I can get it in showroom tomorrow.
Me: As I had mentioned, once I do my PDI for a car with engine/chassis/VIN number shared with me by you as a car allocated to me, I will make the full payment, in one single go, in the showroom itself. You tell me where the stock-yard is, and I will come there to inspect the car. That's also fine with me. But you shouldn't expect me to pay for something I haven't even seen. Booking amount is a commitment enough to buy. I will need engine/chassis/VIN allocation email from you. I will also need form-22. This is just some basic due-diligence on my part.
SA: Sir, only men in uniform are allowed inside stockyard. I will send the engine/chassis number to you via email. There is no such thing as form-22. There will be form-20 that will be registration form....

I tried telling him form-22 is supposed to contain the engine/vin numbers along with manufacturing dates, but he flat out refused to acknowledge any such form exists (possibly he doesn't know).

I still haven't received any email from him about car allocation.

Now this is where I have questions for you folks to help me with some advice -
  1. Am I being too stubborne in asking for VIN allocation in an official communication? How did you guys get your car allocation conveyed to you?
  2. Isn't there any form-22 for Tata vehicles? (though form-22 sounds like a legality, which should be manufacturer agnostic). If there is, who from the dealership should I seek out to get that form? Did anyone ask for it, and got it?
  3. Am I being too hard on the dealership? and maybe a little too suspicious about their motives?
  4. Most important - what are my options if registration doesn't happen in time? Can I still take delivery of the car with blank number plate on Dasara, and use it till registration happens? (we did it with a bike, just not sure if it's any different with cars)
  5. Also, the dealer is charging Rs.6500/- as handling and logistics charges with an alibi that it covers vehicle transport from plant to stockyard and around till delivery. Isn't it ruled illegal? If not, isn't it on a higher side?

Thanks in advance.
ghatotkatch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 20:11   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
I have been facing some situation with regard to my booking of a Tiago.

SA: Sir, only men in uniform are allowed inside stockyard. I will send the engine/chassis number to you via email. There is no such thing as form-22. There will be form-20 that will be registration form....
You are doing the right thing by asking VIN details before registration. DO NOT transfer any money until they provide you VIN and you inspect the car to your satisfaction.

I think the SA is playing a trick based on your need to get the car by Dasara.
Old 26th September 2017, 20:51   #1672
BHPian

The dealer is desperately trying pawn off old stock. I guess that is why they must be so reluctant to show the vehicle and reveal the VIN. Don't budge an inch.
If only uniformed people are allowed inside the stockyard, then let those people buy the cars. Drop in a complaint to Tata Motors. If I were in your position, I would have done it long back.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th September 2017 at 05:46. Reason: Changed uniformed purple aliens to people
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 22:42   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Now this is where I have questions for you folks to help me with some advice -
  1. Am I being too stubborne in asking for VIN allocation in an official communication? How did you guys get your car allocation conveyed to you?
  2. Isn't there any form-22 for Tata vehicles? (though form-22 sounds like a legality, which should be manufacturer agnostic). If there is, who from the dealership should I seek out to get that form? Did anyone ask for it, and got it?
  3. Am I being too hard on the dealership? and maybe a little too suspicious about their motives?
  4. Most important - what are my options if registration doesn't happen in time? Can I still take delivery of the car with blank number plate on Dasara, and use it till registration happens? (we did it with a bike, just not sure if it's any different with cars)
  5. Also, the dealer is charging Rs.6500/- as handling and logistics charges with an alibi that it covers vehicle transport from plant to stockyard and around till delivery. Isn't it ruled illegal? If not, isn't it on a higher side?

Thanks in advance.
One of my friend case it's little different, the dealer said they will not allocate Vin without receiving payment since they are not sure whether any of those Vin already been allocated for any other customers. Also he assured that he will give latest stock, he said he received latest stock for festive, my friend go ahead and proceed with payment, finally the car allocated is latest one August manufactured. But he didn't push the way your SA pushed, he simply mention that he will not allocate VIN until we make some payment or something, not sure whether it's true. Also he made sure that he delivered the latest manufactured car, overall good experience, no hidden charges, even the Concorde guys quoted higher rate (by bumping insurance rate up) with some goodies, but this dealer is straight forward and didn't offer any goodies (basic accessories alone) and also price is lower than Concorde guys price + their goodies together. I didn't recommend to to pay him but just sharing this experience.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th September 2017 at 05:46. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 27th September 2017, 01:22   #1674

I faced a similar issue here in Delhi while purchasing Tiago with Concorde Motors. I got a similar call from the SA. I was a bit reluctant and I posted somewhere in this thread also about this. However, I did go ahead with RTGS and transferred some more amount. I don't remember the exact amount though. They did give me proper receipt mentioning as as advance payment. However, I did it because it was with Concorde and also because the same thing happened with a friend of mine and nothing went wrong. I got the car after a week on 30th September 2016.

Quote:
[*]Am I being too stubborne in asking for VIN allocation in an official communication? How did you guys get your car allocation conveyed to you?
They reason they do this is because its festival time and everybody wants the car before Navratri ends. Whoever pays first gets the car allocated first.
Quote:
[*]Most important - what are my options if registration doesn't happen in time? Can I still take delivery of the car with blank number plate on Dasara, and use it till registration happens? (we did it with a bike, just not sure if it's any different with cars)
You can drive for a month with temporary registration. They will give a temp red number plate for the time being. I don't know if you are allowed to go outside the state though.
Quote:
[*]Also, the dealer is charging Rs.6500/- as handling and logistics charges with an alibi that it covers vehicle transport from plant to stockyard and around till delivery. Isn't it ruled illegal? If not, isn't it on a higher side?
This is completely illegal. There is also a court ruling about it.
Old 27th September 2017, 07:28   #1675
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore dealers are charging 6500 as handling & logistics charges. Has anyone successfully got this waived off? How do I deal with this?

Is it worthwhile to go for GOLD AMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshudas View Post
Old 27th September 2017, 08:00   #1676
Senior - BHPian

folks being charged handling and logistics, please do contribute here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...la-too-22.html
and contact bhpian silverwood who is working on a legal initiative against the same
Old 27th September 2017, 08:12   #1677
BHPian

Thanks for all the responses and PMs so far guys.

Small update since my last post: I got an email from official dealer email address yesterday evening, regarding the full VIN and engine number allocated to me, along with the "manufactured-date" quoted as late Aug-2017. There are two H's on 10th and 12th position in the VIN, which also suggests the same: Aug-2017.

Called the SA about inspection, but didn't get any confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I think the SA is playing a trick based on your need to get the car by Dasara.
The SA has been very nice and straightforward so far. Quite helpful and transparent about everything, which is why this whole saga is confusing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The dealer is desperately trying pawn off old stock. I guess that is why they must be so reluctant to show the vehicle and reveal the VIN.
That was my fear as well, especially after they started pushing for payment and registration right after booking, without giving me a chance to even see the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
If only uniformed people are allowed inside the stockyard, then let those people buy the cars. Drop in a complaint to Tata Motors. If I were in your position, I would have done it long back.
That will be my last resort. The dealer, to his credit, has been very transparent so far. The road-tax quoted is correct to the last digit (I calculated it based on road-tax rate + cess that's mentioned on the Karnataka RTO website). The RTO fees, the accessory prices also seemed to be quite reasonable. When I pointed the insurance was way too costly, they agreed that I would get lesser quotes from outside, and they are fine if I want to go with external insurance (though they did try to trick me into thinking that buying insurance from dealer will make the claims-processing faster and cashless due to 'tie-ups'.)

Quote:
However, I did go ahead with RTGS and transferred some more amount. I don't remember the exact amount though. They did give me proper receipt mentioning as as advance payment. However, I did it because it was with Concorde and also because the same thing happened with a friend of mine and nothing went wrong. I got the car after a week on 30th September 2016.
But I don't get what they need the advance for. If they need additional payment, then what did we pay them the booking amount for? For buying and distributing sweets because another of their vehicle is getting sold?

Quote:
They reason they do this is because its festival time and everybody wants the car before Navratri ends. Whoever pays first gets the car allocated first.
That's just unethical in my opinion. Someone has committed to the booking by paying booking amount, you are committed to the delivery on the expected date, and all of sudden you decide people need to pay additional sums just for you to honour your commitment?

Quote:
You can drive for a month with temporary registration. They will give a temp red number plate for the time being. I don't know if you are allowed to go outside the state though.
Do they charge for such a temp registration/red-number-plate? I won't let the car go even outside my society till I get permanent registration, but I will need to drive it back to the society from showroom, and I won't be willing to pay any additional charges for such temp reg, especially since the inspection -> payment -> registration delays are not my fault.

Quote:
I mentioned so, but those guys wouldn't budge. I don't know if I have any means to force them to abide by that ruling.
Old 27th September 2017, 08:14   #1678
BHPian

Same is the case here in Delhi NCR. I switched to Concorde Motors after getting not so good vibes from the sole dealer, Sagar Motors in Noida. However, Concorde says that these handling charges are 'mandated' by Tata themselves! I have even tweeted the same to Tata but have not been responded to yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In Bangalore dealers are charging 6500 as handling & logistics charges. Has anyone successfully got this waived off? How do I deal with this?

Is it worthwhile to go for GOLD AMC?
On a side note, the SA at Concorde says that they didn't get any August/ September manufactured Tiagos from Tata since Tata were manufacturing Tigors and Nexons in these months. He also says that the cars Concorde has in transit are all July manufactured.

Guys, I need your help in ascertaining how true this is. The SA claimed this after I pushed for the VIN of the vehicle.
Old 27th September 2017, 09:40   #1679
BHPian

The number of Tiago factory dispatch in Aug itself is 5000+ ( don't remember exact number). This outright proves that the SA is lying or he does not have any clue of the true facts. Suggest you denand a latest vin car (july mfg car is absolutely ok ), if you are hell bent. Just do a detailed PDI...
Old 27th September 2017, 09:42   #1680
BHPian

Just a query to fellow Tiago owners,
My Tiago XZA - the left side passenger door, seems to be 'holding' in water. Between the door and the body, whenever I open it in the morning after a wash, there are a few droplets of water that flow down. During monsoon, this amount increases. This behaviour has been observed on this door only. It was reported during the second free service, they checked the door beading, vacuumed it, cleared the holes - but the behaviour persists.
Please note, there is no seepage inside the cabin, there is no rusting. It's just that this door seems to 'lock' some water. Shall try to post an exact pic of the same.

Anyone else faced a similar issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks