Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 19:46   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Isn't it launched already?

But anyway - maybe you could have waited for TIGOR as well ? 70-80k over and above Top end Tiago for TIGOR XZA would be a deal to watch out for i think.
It's 'announced'. The launch is 10th March. Or so I have been told.

I would love to go for Tigor - Automatic Climate Control, Projector Headlamps, Reverse camera and that lovely boot.

2 problems.
1. Since about a year I have been making my wife wait - who wanted a Nano XTA - for the safer and more equipped Tiago AMT. And she, most definitely does not want a Tigor. It's 'too big' she says. I tried explaining that both are sub 4m and the actual difference would be a few inches!

2. 70-80 might be variant to variant ex-showroom difference between Tiago and Tigor. OTR that will shoot up beyond 1L and go well close to 8 lakhs+ which is too much for a second car.
We are replacing the Nano with Tiago.
Manza continues to soldier around at 80k kms plus.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 22:20   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.
Finally

Great that you went with the AMT. Awaiting your ownership report as this might just be the perfect upgrade for my Alto in a couple of years.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:10   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Manza continues to soldier around at 80k kms plus.
Your signature makes me believe that you are one of TATA's loyal customers. Well according to me, if you get Tigor in your stable you might loose interest in the Manza or may be won't feel like driving that. Though Manza lies in a class ahead but with better interiors, terrific exteriors coupled with good boot space and driving dynamics, you may not like to drive the Manza much then. So if you really need a sedan, then only go for it and stretch your budget. Two cars serving almost the same purpose will be like killing an opportunity to have an entirely different product from some other category. Hope you got my point.

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2017 at 09:19. Reason: Language
Highh5 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2017, 23:13   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.

Concorde Motors says my booking is the 1st in Mumbai.
Maybe. Who knows.

Opted for Zero Dep.
Yet to get prices of additional warranty and Gold AMC.
Congratulations, you are a very lucky man. I was expecting some bookings especially considering that Bigger Cities attract more buyers.

Is the AMC plan different for AMT compared to Manual ?

Quote:
No new colour options
I don't think any car has different color options for Manual & Automatic versions.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:55   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Super surprised that a diesel AMT was not launched, would have given the Ignis Diesel AMT a run for its money, with the 1.1 litre diesel in the Tiago, it would have been a mileage king too, shear opportunity wasted
Old 10th March 2017, 05:01   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Super surprised that a diesel AMT was not launched, would have given the Ignis Diesel AMT a run for its money, with the 1.1 litre diesel in the Tiago, it would have been a mileage king too, shear opportunity wasted
Well, it seems that the petrol Tiago is significantly more popular. In that regard, if the choice were to launch with either petrol or diesel, then the petrol makes sense.
That being said, from the Tiago AMT specific thread, Bhp-ian RavenAvi suggests that the diesel AMT is not too far out: Link
Old 17th March 2017, 15:25   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian

A new diamond-cut alloy design is now available for the Tiago.

Cost = Rs 25,700/- for a set of 4.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 15:37   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A new diamond-cut alloy design is now available for the Tiago.

Cost = Rs 25,700/- for a set of 4.

Looks quite similar to the ones on Tigor though.
Old 21st March 2017, 07:31   #1434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Well, it seems that the petrol Tiago is significantly more popular.
You or anyone else can suggest some FE figures of the petrol variant? strictly for city commutes for a MT [am unsure if AMT/CVT is available & neither am I interested]
Old 21st March 2017, 08:17   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You or anyone else can suggest some FE figures of the petrol variant? strictly for city commutes for a MT [am unsure if AMT/CVT is available & neither am I interested]
Many Owners have reported FE of 15-16 in City & Around 22-23 kmpl on Highways. To extract this kind of average, many have used ECO Mode by default. I was kind of surprised by the numbers.

Point to note is that, in ECO Mode, just as name suggests the car tries to be as economical as possible, as a result, the responsiveness drops a bit & also the cooling is slightly less.

Also the difference between actual figures & one shown on MID is around 2.5 kmpl. (MID Optimistic). And the numbers reported by other owners are from MID.

I have Diesel Tiago & I get about 14.5 kmpl (Tankful Method) in City. My average is less since my traffic conditions don't permit me to use higher gears (4/5), 3rd gear is the max I can drive on due to traffic.

If you are interested in Tiago, go for AMT just because of convenience over Manual.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 22:18   #1436
BHPian

Coming Soon, 7th TATA Car in the family.

Tiago XZ Dsl
Pearlescent White

The other workhorse Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura ABS continues to stay strong at 1.75 Lakhs on the Odo.
dhondusaxena is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:39   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have a petrol XZ. And I can agree the MID mileage is very optimistic. My commute is in the Whitefield area in Bangalore through bumper to bumper traffic. In tankful method, I am now getting ~11.5 kmpl. AC always On and Never having used ECO mode.

On the highway I tested for a 560 km journey, I was able to get 20.6 kmpl. At consistent 90 - 100 kmph top speed. Again tankful method and occasional use of ECO mode when I had to follow some trucks or slow(er) traffic. AC Always ON.

The Instant FE Indicator on the petrol shows maximum FE at 80-85kmph on 5th gear. So, I guess 20.6 can be bettered on the highway.

My ODO stands just above 7000.
madhavgpai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:09   #1438

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
On the highway I tested for a 560 km journey, I was able to get 20.6 kmpl. At consistent 90 - 100 kmph top speed. Again tankful method and occasional use of ECO mode when I had to follow some trucks or slow(er) traffic. AC Always ON.
can you please share your Highway experience. How about overtaking, max speed with 4 Persons, Maneuvering, Navigation... others if any.
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:06   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by escaflowne View Post
can you please share your Highway experience. How about overtaking, max speed with 4 Persons, Maneuvering, Navigation... others if any.
The car feels good on the highway. Feels planted at 100 kmph. Above 100, I did not drive much, but I felt that gaining speed above 100 took longer than I expected. Small and light steering is really accurate and stress free over long drives. It is a pleasure in Ghat Roads. Overtaking trucks and slower cars should be easy. But it is not well suited for playing catch up.

Maneuvering is like any other hatch back, but its low stance limits body roll and so it feels comfortable.

The stock seats are super comfortable at the front for 10+ hours of driving, but not at the rear. I suggest 4 people for highway drives over 5 for comfort.

Wind sound isolation is good, but road/tyre sound needs improvement, however that is not a deal-breaker.

If you are a tall guy, then you might desire a wider driver side foot-well as you MAY have your knee/shin coming in contact to the separation between driver and passenger.

IRVM visibility is not that great with its default position. An adjustment/upgrade is in order.

Navimaps that come with Harman is useless. It shows inefficient routes sometimes and does not reroute even if we override its suggestions. In fact, nothing comes close to Google Maps, and thats what I use.

AC was sufficient in the hot summer of Tamil Nadu with 4 people.

ECO mode is a killer. It kills ALL the fun.
madhavgpai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 23:02   #1440
Senior - BHPian

A Sneak Peak at the New Dual Tone Alloys on a Tiago.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20170324_225921.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20170324_225935.jpg

These cost ₹25700 for set of 4. Coincidentally, these are the same Alloys of Tiago Activ.

Received via WhatsApp.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks