Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2021, 18:57   #2806
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Recently, my son drove my wife's Tiago over a puddle of water with some thing jutting out from the road and hit something in the front of the car. After that the car was making a racket while starting as well as while running. When we got the car lifted and checked, we found that there is a rod in between the front tyres which was bent and was touching other car parts which was creating all the noise. As the Tata ASS was quite busy, we got the rod straightened so that it doesn't touch any other part at a garage.

Afterwards, we got the wheel balancing and alignment done as well. However, we now feel that the car gives a floaty feel and the steering has become quite light and disconnected. Planning to take the car to Tata ASS tomorrow, but just wanted to check if any fellow Tiago owners have ever faced this issue.
Old 15th August 2021, 20:37   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
Most often this happens when fuel tank is less than half.
Mostly it is a fuel pump issue. This has been reported earlier and I have experienced this issue. I was stranded in the middle of highway because of this.
At first, the TASS said it was a software issue, flashed the ECU, updated it and assured that it wont happen. Unfortunately I faced a power loss while driving it on the highway. I let the car cool off, tanked up the car at a near by COCO bunk and it worked fine. I reported this issue to TASS, escalated the matter for not handling it properly.

The fuel pump was duly replaced under warranty a couple of months back. Thank god for extended warranty. After this I have not faced any issue.
Do have it checked please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Hi guys,
Tiago a new age Tata car launched in 2016 has successfully completed 5yrs! Is it aging well? Are there any major rattling, rusting or any quality issues? Requesting initial owners to share feedback.
No major rattling, rusting issues in my 4 year old 33K run Tiago. Except for the above mentioned fuel pump issue.
Old 30th August 2021, 21:19   #2808
BHPian

The advertising folks of Tata Motors are back with another good one to take a dig at Maruti and this time the victim is Swift!
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20210830wa0000.jpg

Source: https://www.carandbike.com/news/tata...esults-2523544

Though it is misleading (They have compared GNCAP rating of Tiago with Latin NCAP of Swift. A fair comparison would show the 2 star GNCAP rating of swift), I would forgive them if it motivates few more people to open their eyes and start demanding safer cars from manufacturers!
nagr22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 14:33   #2809
BHPian

Hi folks.
My car is not starting, keeps on blowing fuses. What could be the reason?
Old 4th September 2021, 17:07   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Hi folks.
My car is not starting, keeps on blowing fuses. What could be the reason?
Any new accessories? Any wires chewed by rat? Call RSA for diagnosis if it’s still in plan/coverage.
Old 6th September 2021, 15:11   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Any new accessories? Any wires chewed by rat? Call RSA for diagnosis if it’s still in plan/coverage.
Problem solved
It was problem with the bass tube wiring.
In the event of getting it checked with my breakdown advisor from TVS Auto Assist outsourced by Tata. He told me that the car will not start at stationary location and had be towed to service center.

But I did not bothered with what he said and instead and went to some local electricians.
2 out 3 electricians said the car had some major issues for that they need time approximately a day to check.

They last electrician took just 10 minutes to solve the problem.
ank_bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 00:59   #2812
BHPian

RAT MENACE IN MY TIAGO

Because of my busy college schedule, petrol prices and lack of attention, My Tiago has been standing still from about 2 months, only 3 times I have taken it out for 14-15 KM Trips. A few days ago, I thought of taking it out and to my horror I saw the ABS Light lit up, when I engaged the reverse gear, The infotainment started showing malfunction. Because I read so many Rat Bite posts on Teambhp I was sure that it's the same case with me. The next day I looked in the boot to find that the rats had bit through the plastic panel near parcel shelf. I left it as it is for the time being and took it took to ASS a week later. Now the weird thing about Tata guys is that although my car is under warranty they wanted me to pay 850 rs for scanning the car as "laptop charges", and at the time they didn't know it was a rat bite issue. So if a car is under warranty and I as a customer take it to them will I pay the fees for diagnostics? Weird! Anyways, I denied and asked the mechanic to look inside the boot, he looked at the panel and said "Sir, isme kam se kam 6-7000 ka kharcha aayega poori wiring change hogi", mind you he did not even reach the wiring part yet. So I took the car back and yesterday when I got done with my Mid Sem exams I ripped the interiors of the boot and rear seat area apart and found both the culprits, on the left side near the rear seat there is abs wiring which was cut by the rats and on the right hand side near the spare wheel area, one wire was cut because of which the parking system was disabled, I roughly checked by connecting both the wires and the parking sensor started working although the ABS light is still on I think I'll have to get the codes cleared from the ECU or something. I will take my toolkit and repair kit including heat shrink tubes, nylon tape and automotive wires down tomorrow and fix all of it professionally. Will share more when it's done. Next step after that would be to get the interior cleaned nicely and get some sort of rat treatment done. Lesson learnt the hard way now I will take the car out every weekend even if it's for small 15-20KM trips and clean the surroundings and the car itself clean.

PS : The workshop I went to was SRM Motors, Lucknow. It is where I bought the car from and it is where I take it for servicing, and honestly the people and management in the workshop are utterly incompetent and unprofessional. The sales guys however are shockingly the exact opposite so my buying experience was an absolute pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20210906_201722.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20210829wa0017.jpeg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20210829wa0015.jpeg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20210908wa0003.jpeg  

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 9th September 2021 at 01:07. Reason: Typo
pritanshchandra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 23:54   #2813
BHPian

Have been looking for info but not been successfull.

Is there a way I can connect an iPhone to the Tiago's system? (XZ 2019 with Bluetooth)
Old 11th September 2021, 10:32   #2814
BHPian

UPDATE

So, finally fixed all the wiring damage to the best of my capabilities. The ABS Light hasn't come up after fixing the wiring and clearing error code, parking sensors, break lights, everything works. Now the second most important thing is to clean the mess created by the rats in the boot and a deep clean of the interior + rat treatment. I have booked service from GoMechanic for today. Really happy that I could save 5-7k quoted by the SC or even 1-2k that any local garage would have charged. DIYers really have an edge in such scenarios

Attaching pics of the wiring repair job
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20210910_124547.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20210910_124722.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20210910_130836.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210910-1.13.18-pm.jpeg  

pritanshchandra is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:58   #2815

Hallo all,

recently completed 50000 kms with 2018 model. There were no major issues. Tyres and front brake pads were changed at 44000 kms during service. Only isssue we have is rear suspension which is too soft. Any one has an idea whether tiago NRG suspension can be used in Tiago. Any experience. It seems NRG has different suspension with firm setting as i read in many online reviews.

Thanks.
Old 15th September 2021, 15:16   #2816
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
So, finally fixed all the wiring damage to the best of my capabilities.
While it is good that you managed to clear out the error codes, unless you are qualified / have the tools to verify that the wiring is now done appropriately, I'd advise that you visit ASC / garage with an OBD tool to ensure all the systems are indeed working properly.

Just my opinion, but if you see visible rat damage, I'd prefer to change the wiring than fix it with tape.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 06:49   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
While it is good that you managed to clear out the error codes, unless you are qualified / have the tools to verify that the wiring is now done appropriately, I'd advise that you visit ASC / garage with an OBD tool to ensure all the systems are indeed working properly.

Just my opinion, but if you see visible rat damage, I'd prefer to change the wiring than fix it with tape.

+1 on this. While the warning lights don't show up anymore, it's more important to check if the functionality is working as expected. Especially the critical ones such as ABS. Please do consider getting a diagnostic check done at a service centre. Better safe than sorry.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:17   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

I did check with a known Mechanic's X Tool OBD Scanner and Indeed everything was fine, and no, I did not just "fix it with Tape" I soldered all wire joints then heat shrinked every joint separately then two thick layers of tape, I don't think there is any logical reason to change whole wiring coming from dashboard after such a solid fix because there was no other damage other than these two I removed every panel till the front seats to check for any other damage and found nothing.

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 16th September 2021 at 12:21.
pritanshchandra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:18   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a hatchback. I had test driven a Magnite XE, thought of Wagon R ZXi, and then thought of looking at Tiago XZ or XZ+.

Kindly let me know how is the Tiago in general and especially on fuel consumption and interior space front.

My regular drive since 2014 is Tata Zest 90 D, and I am not replacing it but thinking of buying a smaller one for my children.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:37   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a hatchback. I had test driven a Magnite XE, thought of Wagon R ZXi, and then thought of looking at Tiago XZ or XZ+.

Kindly let me know how is the Tiago in general and especially on fuel consumption and interior space front.

My regular drive since 2014 is Tata Zest 90 D, and I am not replacing it but thinking of buying a smaller one for my children.

Thanks in advance.
Having owned both the Tiago and an ignis I can give my 2 cents- if a silky smooth ,efficient and powerful engine ( great mileage too) is a integral part of your driving experience,then it's the wagon r no doubt. Plus the benefit of space,resale value and relatively less niggles if at all. Minus would be the flimsy build and horrid safety ratings.

Tiago has more style, infinitely better build,way better steering,safety rating and better highway dynamics. But the engine is unrefined,poor fuel efficiency, too jerky to drive in town,cramped for tall drivers and smaller on inside compared to wagon r. Also the ac is weaker than the wagon r for sure.

And if you are looking for an AMT ,then it's no question- wagon r wins hands down. Tiago I had was useless in the AMT department and you will hate AMT and get prejudiced against AMTs in general after having a go in this one, especially in the city.

If it's a manual ,then Tiago maybe a better choice for the younger image conscious ones as it has more style and in general is a much more youthful car with better features. Wagon r is more of a middle aged persons car in my opinion ( no offence anyone!).

Magnite no idea,so no comments but thumb rule might be poorer resale value and have not seen any review of the 1.0NA engine .

Last edited by Nanolover : 22nd September 2021 at 18:39.
Nanolover is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks