Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 10:49   #2776
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Can anyone tell me what is this wire for in the Passenger Side B Pillar of My 2019 Tiago XZ(O)? It connects to the coupler above it and runs to the rear.

My car doesn't come with any tweeters from factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20210424102402.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2021, 14:49   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Can anyone tell me what is this wire for in the Passenger Side B Pillar of My 2019 Tiago XZ(O)? It connects to the coupler above it and runs to the rear.

My car doesn't come with any tweeters from factory.
This must be the antenna cable. It's mostly routed via this same channel in most of the cars.
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:57   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupi_BHP View Post
This must be the antenna cable. It's mostly routed via this same channel in most of the cars.
The antenna cable is different it can be seen behind coupler. It's a thin wire. What i asked was that what is this coupler for it has two wires. Definitely not antenna.
Old 23rd May 2021, 06:27   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
The antenna cable is different it can be seen behind coupler. It's a thin wire. What i asked was that what is this coupler for it has two wires. Definitely not antenna.
Check whether one of these stops working when its disconnected. Seems to be one of these based on connector -
  1. Cabin roof light.
  2. Roof mounted microphone (lower probability since the mic is actually on the RHS in the Tiago).
  3. Rear wiper.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:16   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Check whether one of these stops working when its disconnected. Seems to be one of these based on connector -
  1. Cabin roof light.
  2. Roof mounted microphone (lower probability since the mic is actually on the RHS in the Tiago).
  3. Rear wiper.
Thanks will check, However it can't be the roof light as roof light coupler is on the RHS pillar and it has 3 wires as opposed to 2 on this. I highly doubt it will be rear wiper because I saw rear wiper wiring was coming along the HMSL when I opened the boot gate wiring. Could be the microphone because the antenna wire is going right beside it so there is a possibility. Also, RHS side has no other wiring except the roof light.

Will check and revert. Thanks for the heads up.
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 13:18   #2781
Team-BHP Support

The Tiago’s rear defogger leaves a nice pattern when turned on when it is foggy/raining:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-6140f72ed92b4c5ba438e14d9c162dda.jpeg
Gannu_1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 18:39   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The Tiago’s rear defogger leaves a nice pattern when turned on when it is foggy/raining
Looks quite catchy for sure (of course it would spread out slowly and create a clean semi-circle in the end). But - I was never able to understand why they decided to make it this way. Ends up clearing only the wiper-covered area this way rather than entire glass. Not necessary that one needs this feature exclusively when its raining after-all .
And given the curvy nature + looping etc in it - its not like they have saved a lot of heating coil material either. Minimal cost savings at best. Perhaps from utility perspective, standard horizontal e2e lines would have done the job better? Since the Tiago-Tigor - there seems to be a conscious effort towards looks, novelty & exclusivity, some-times at the expense of practical utility in Tata cars. Seems to work given rising sales numbers!
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 16:11   #2783

Hi all,

I have a 2017 XZA which has done just 24,000 Kms. Recently I took it for the first time on a 300+ KM Two way trip and while returning, the car lost power right in the middle of the road. Ignition was on but the car was not taking any acceleration. I swittched the car off for 30 seconds and then restarted it and it worked perfectly for the remaining 60+Kms pending journey.

I went through this forum and came to know about the Fuel Pump issue with Tata Cars. I took the CAR to Service center and told them about the incident for which they didn't understand what and how to diagnose. I simply told them to check the Fuel Pump which they confirmed was malfunctioning.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get the faulty part replaced within warranty period. Though I am not sure if that was the only issue with the car.

Couple of things I have noticed since the change of fuel pump.

The small cubby holes below the Handbrake gets warmed up if I drive for 10+Kms. This I noticed first time on the long journey I mentioned initially. I haven't used that area before so not sure if this was happening earlier as well. Is this a thing to worry about or is it normal. Heating is quite substantial, you cannot put any bottles in there.

Since the change of Fuel pump, I notice a lot more jerks at slow speeds in traffic, like at the speed of 20-30 Kms where you have to keep shifting from brake to Axel. It performs normally on empty roads.

Also, Is it normal for AMTs to have mood swings. Sometimes the gear shifts are so laggy and sometimes It glides. It become so difficult at times to overtake.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12th July 2021, 19:30   #2784
BHPian

Hi Folks. My brother who is based in Pune has a petrol version of the Tata Tiago. Last week a rat damaged the fuel pipe. This was discovered when the leaked petrol was spotted at the parking spot. The car was towed to the Baner TASS on 8th July 2021. The service advisor mentioned that they have placed an order for the fuel pipe as it was not in stock.

They said that the car would be ready latest by 13th July, but as per the latest update today, they have still not received the fuel pipe. My brother has a 2-day road trip planned on 16th July which cannot be cancelled. The service advisor mentioned that if the car is not ready by then, he will arrange a Zest. However my brother is not comfortable with this option. Is there any place in Pune where the petrol pipe can be purchased over the counter? Would be great if someone can share some leads.

PS: 542447610127 - Delivery pipe assy, U/B to Fuel rail. This was the part number shared by the service advisor.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 12th July 2021 at 19:37.
Old 13th July 2021, 13:26   #2785
BRV
BHPian

Its been 3.5 years of ownership of Tiago, without post purchase hassles.

Recently, there is an issue with gear knob. It vibrates in Neutral (not an issue) however, While driving the car in third gear, take the foot off the accelerator, gear rod vibrates making sound. This happens only in third gear, not in any other gear.

MFG year - 2017 Dec
Current ODO - 47000
Variant - Diesel XZ
Clutch assembly changed @ 40000kms

At the service center, got an usual TASS response "Sir, this is diesel and vibrations are common". This is not correct, as am getting this issue only in third gear.

Any other Diesel Tiago owner have this issue? what can be the problem?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 13th July 2021, 18:41   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
Any other Diesel Tiago owner have this issue? what can be the problem?
Hi
I have a 2017 Tiago xz diesel with 94k on odo. Aside from the usual vibrations associated with a 3 pot diesel engine, I've never faced any issues with gear stick vibrations.
You might want to check the transmission (gear) oil and if it needs to be replaced. I don't remember the maintainance schedule offhand, but it's at 60k kms on odo based on kilometer running.
Let me check with pune Tiago Club members too.

Other members may opine about the gear synchromesh and gear oil, and any other solutions if any.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 18:46   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hi Folks. My brother who is based in Pune has a petrol version of the Tata Tiago. Last week a rat damaged the fuel pipe. This was discovered when the leaked petrol was spotted at the parking spot. The car was towed to the Baner TASS on 8th July 2021. The service advisor mentioned that they have placed an order for the fuel pipe as it was not in stock.

They said that the car would be ready latest by 13th July, but as per the latest update today, they have still not received the fuel pipe. My brother has a 2-day road trip planned on 16th July which cannot be cancelled. The service advisor mentioned that if the car is not ready by then, he will arrange a Zest. However my brother is not comfortable with this option. Is there any place in Pune where the petrol pipe can be purchased over the counter? Would be great if someone can share some leads.

PS: 542447610127 - Delivery pipe assy, U/B to Fuel rail. This was the part number shared by the service advisor.
These are not fast moving parts. Hence service center do not keep them in stock because they will be dead inventory. They place order on need basis

Best bet is to call all the service centers in the city and check if they have this part available with them.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 18:57   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
Recently, there is an issue with gear knob. It vibrates in Neutral (not an issue) however, While driving the car in third gear, take the foot off the accelerator, gear rod vibrates making sound. This happens only in third gear, not in any other gear.
I'm not an owner so apologies for intruding.
However - when you say vibration - is it a continuous vibration or is it a single or 2 movement "tug" when you let go of the accelerator pedal? If its just a single tug - this might be understandable. Happens in many cars - especially some that have cable-shift selector.

On the other hand - if the Tiago has a mechanical linkage and not exactly a cable selector - it is possible that one of the selector components is a bit loose / misaligned and its resonating when in 3rd gear with some engine frequency. Worth having a check.

Important note - never leave an ASC because they say this is expected behaviour. Especially when you know how your car has been working for this long.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 19:52   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Best bet is to call all the service centers in the city and check if they have this part available with them.
My brother called up most Tata service centres in Pune and no one has it. He even called multiple automobile shops in Nanapet. None of them have it. Boodmo has it but shows delivery time as 7 days. Only hope now is to wait for the service advisor to provide an update. Fingers crossed.
Old 13th July 2021, 20:16   #2790
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post

You might want to check the transmission (gear) oil and if it needs to be replaced. I don't remember the maintainance schedule offhand, but it's at 60k kms on odo based on kilometer running.
Let me check with pune Tiago Club members too.

Other members may opine about the gear synchromesh and gear oil, and any other solutions if any.
Thanks. Last serviced in March. No issues found during the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not an owner so apologies for intruding.
However - when you say vibration - is it a continuous vibration or is it a single or 2 movement "tug" when you let go of the accelerator pedal? If its just a single tug - this might be understandable. Happens in many cars - especially some that have cable-shift selector.

On the other hand - if the Tiago has a mechanical linkage and not exactly a cable selector - it is possible that one of the selector components is a bit loose / misaligned and its resonating when in 3rd gear with some engine frequency. Worth having a check.

Important note - never leave an ASC because they say this is expected behaviour. Especially when you know how your car has been working for this long.
Its continuous vibration with slight sound (karr sound) as long as the accelerator is released in third gear. When accelerated no sound or vibration.

While taking the delivery from TASS didn't observed until I took it to highway in March and then lockdown.
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks