Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 12:54   #2791

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hello All,

Could you please anser below two queries

1. There is quite a lot of heat felt in the cubby holes below the Hand brake lever after driving for more than 25kms. Is it normal or should I be worried

2. Are wheel bearing covered under P2P. Seems like Wheel bearing is the culprit in my car (as per a local mechanic) and Service center guys are saying they would need to thoroughly inspect as they were unable to detect any issue in a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat565 View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2017 XZA which has done just 24,000 Kms. Recently I took it for the first time on a 300+ KM Two way trip and while returning, the car lost power right in the middle of the road. Ignition was on but the car was not taking any acceleration. I swittched the car off for 30 seconds and then restarted it and it worked perfectly for the remaining 60+Kms pending journey.

I went through this forum and came to know about the Fuel Pump issue with Tata Cars. I took the CAR to Service center and told them about the incident for which they didn't understand what and how to diagnose. I simply told them to check the Fuel Pump which they confirmed was malfunctioning.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get the faulty part replaced within warranty period. Though I am not sure if that was the only issue with the car.

Couple of things I have noticed since the change of fuel pump.

The small cubby holes below the Handbrake gets warmed up if I drive for 10+Kms. This I noticed first time on the long journey I mentioned initially. I haven't used that area before so not sure if this was happening earlier as well. Is this a thing to worry about or is it normal. Heating is quite substantial, you cannot put any bottles in there.

Since the change of Fuel pump, I notice a lot more jerks at slow speeds in traffic, like at the speed of 20-30 Kms where you have to keep shifting from brake to Axel. It performs normally on empty roads.

Also, Is it normal for AMTs to have mood swings. Sometimes the gear shifts are so laggy and sometimes It glides. It become so difficult at times to overtake.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 19th July 2021, 22:31   #2792
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat565 View Post
2. Are wheel bearing covered under P2P. Seems like Wheel bearing is the culprit in my car (as per a local mechanic) and Service center guys are saying they would need to thoroughly inspect as they were unable to detect any issue in a test drive.
Hi,

Wheel bearings are not covered under P2P. I had to replace one recently, did it for both front wheels. I didn't felt any heat, it was noise coming from the wheels and hence replaced.

PS: I have P2P
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:25   #2793
BHPian

Hello All,

Recently booked Tiago XZA+ Petrol, upgrading from 2009 Alto LXi. I am expecting the delivery next week or so. The use is primarily intended for my parents and I don't expect it to clock a lot of mileage (5-7k Annually).

Given the scenario, would love your opinion/experience on:
1. Extended Warranty
2. Tata AMC
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:36   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
Hello All,

Recently booked Tiago XZA+ Petrol, upgrading from 2009 Alto LXi. I am expecting the delivery next week or so. The use is primarily intended for my parents and I don't expect it to clock a lot of mileage (5-7k Annually).

Given the scenario, would love your opinion/experience on:
1. Extended Warranty
2. Tata AMC
Take the extended warranty and P2P.

It will take care of any part failures including clutch in the covered period.

AMC is not value for money. You are just paying for service in advance.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:29   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Take the extended warranty and P2P.

It will take care of any part failures including clutch in the covered period.

AMC is not value for money. You are just paying for service in advance.
Thanks. I have almost made up my mind about the Extended Warranty.

On AMC, isn't P2P just another offering in AMC along with the Gold and Silver Plan? Also, how much did P2P cost when you purchased it?
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:42   #2796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Always buy EW. Its fully worth the investment.

As for P2P - buy it if your running will be over 20k KMs per year and involves a lot of driving in city crowds. If neither of these are met - P2P isn't needed IMO since the parts they cover - don't need regular replacements within less running. This gets used as a way to unnecessarily replace parts just because the customer has pre-paid for them anyway & won't resist a replacement. Only the wipers need regular replacement & its easy to get them installed outside / DIY for little money.

I'm a bit oldschool so my views might be outdated - but I never find these pre-paid AMC/P2P things of real use.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:47   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On AMC, isn't P2P just another offering in AMC along with the Gold and Silver Plan? Also, how much did P2P cost when you purchased it?
AMC is just paying your yearly service costs in advance. No use in my opinion.

P2P covers
-> Clutch
-> Brake disc, pads and shoes
-> Wiper and wheel cylinder
-> Suspension bushes and engine mounts
-> Hoses and Ball joints
-> Auxiliary belt and Windows Winder

Take it only if your running is more than 10K a year.. In hindsight, I could have avoided the P2P. I paid 6k odd rupees.

Take the max extended warranty possible since AMT components are expensive to replace if they go bad after 2 years standard warranty

The quality of parts used in Tiago are top notch and better than all the other cars in the same price bracket. It feels like a segment above. It is a very well built car
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:46   #2798
BHPian

My brand new Tiago had done only 240km, not even a month since delivery. Had noticed a slight burning smell after a drive but thought it must be the brakes bedding in. But day before yesterday to my horror saw oil leak on the floor The dealer service center was prompt, picked up the car and informed me that it was the drive shaft oil seal that was leaking. Repaired under warranty. But what bothers me is can something like this even happen to a new car. What sort of QA is Tata motors having ? Anything to watch out for?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-pxl_20210723_1605407782.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-pxl_20210721_0453274912.jpg  

kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 11:47   #2799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The Tiago’s rear defogger leaves a nice pattern when turned on when it is foggy/raining
Had made a note to observe how the glass is cleared after reading your post. Within a min or so, the entire wired region did get cleared.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_5093.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But - I was never able to understand why they decided to make it this way. Ends up clearing only the wiper-covered area this way rather than entire glass.
Some questions shall remain a mystery.

Nevertheless, rear wash + wipe and a defogger are such a delight, I'd hate to drive a non-notchback car without one.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:58   #2800
BHPian

Has anyone got arm rest fitted on the Tiago ? I am wondering if it is of any use. Can someone please let me know if its really useful
Old 12th August 2021, 02:05   #2801
BHPian

I own a Tiago XZ+ 2021. The car has done ~5K Kms. Recently I did a Bangalore to Mumbai road trip and drove in heavy rains and some water patches (5-6 inches). Just after this trip I faced some issues with my car. Couple of time just at the beginning of the journey (when engine was cold) the car lost power. Both the times it happened when I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st gear before a speed breaker. Engine was running but even at full throttle RPM did not increase. Also when I gave full throttle I could see instantaneous fuel economy reducing but no power was delivered by the engine. As soon as I turned off and switched on the ignition car started as normal.

After this trip the car went for 2nd free servicing and I mentioned this to SA. He said that they diagnosed the engine and did not find any issues. Also I did not face this issue after service.

However now the car started jerking (as if it is about to stall) when I engage the second gear even at the speeds > 20Km/hr. The jerks are more noticeable when throttle input is low and fuel tank is not full. What could be the possible issue?
Old 12th August 2021, 09:49   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post

However now the car started jerking (as if it is about to stall) when I engage the second gear even at the speeds > 20Km/hr. The jerks are more noticeable when throttle input is low and fuel tank is not full. What could be the possible issue?
Let's rule out the obvious things first - fill up the tank a bit and ask the ASC to inspect the fuel filter, lines coming upto the engine. Hope there are no leaks.

Tiago's jerking problem is rather well known, but haven't heard of it in the newer model year.
Old 14th August 2021, 12:49   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
The jerks are more noticeable when throttle input is low and fuel tank is not full. What could be the possible issue?
Does this happen even when the car has more than half tank fuel ? If Yes, get the fuel pump checked. Some members in this forum (including me) faced faulty fuel pump issue. For my car the faulty fuel pump was replaced under warranty.
Old 14th August 2021, 16:09   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Does this happen even when the car has more than half tank fuel ? If Yes, get the fuel pump checked. Some members in this forum (including me) faced faulty fuel pump issue. For my car the faulty fuel pump was replaced under warranty.
Most often this happens when fuel tank is less than half.
Old 14th August 2021, 18:51   #2805
BHPian

Hi guys,
Tiago a new age Tata car launched in 2016 has successfully completed 5yrs! Is it aging well? Are there any major rattling, rusting or any quality issues? Requesting initial owners to share feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks