Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2018, 12:08   #1921
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I saw a White Tiago with Yellow registration Board today early morning in Pune?
Don't know if I was day dreaming or I really saw it.. coz it was too early to be awake for me :P

Has anyone seen it too?
If it is true, how do you find it? Asking because nowadays we are seeing Hyundais and Marutis with yellow plates too.
I have seen a couple of Tiagos with yellow plates in the last 1 year. But then I have also seen a new gen Dzire VDi running with Ola, within a month of its launch. So there are ways in which buyers are able to purchase and register any car as Taxi.
Old 21st April 2018, 17:16   #1922
Senior - BHPian

With my project car being nearly finished, a new requirement in the family has popped up; a small hatchback for my Mother. Everything upto Polo GT tsi was considered. I did not like the rear seat space, and asking price for the Polo although it is definitely a great car. Did not care for Ford's new Ka based Figo, nor do I care for the build quality of modern cheap marutis and hondas (swift, baleno, jazz, brio). Finally zeroed in on the Tiago since it is based on an all new platform unlike the Nexon and Hexa and also since it has been in the market for a while so I am assuming niggles have been more or less ironed out.

I test drove the manual and amt petrol Tiago yesterday at the nearest Tata dealership in Gachibowli. Came away mighty impressed. The AMT was actually not bad. I say this as someone who finds even DSG gearboxes a bit dimwitted and slow. I'm not saying the AMT is better than the rest or even as good as the DSG in the polo, but it definitely didn't feel as bad as I thought it would and further justified the thought in my head about the Polo being too overpriced. Quite honestly it felt liveable. The outward visibility from inside the cabin also impressed me considering the car lacks as much glass area as cars like the Jazz or WagonR. The factory stereo obviously was also very good and so was the interior material quality. I can go on and on singing praise about this little hatchback which has piqued my interest in modern cars after a long time, but you folks already know all the positives of this car. The only gripe I had with it was that while the manual version felt quite adequate even if pushed on the ORR, the AMT felt very sluggish post 80kph. Perhaps another more extensive test drive is due. Anyone have any word on the Tiago JTP? If they launch it with an AMT, this is definitely the right car for my mom as it ought to have sufficient highway grunt. Also, can anybody elaborate what CSC is? The salesman said it is like a stability program, but then if the car lacks traction control which is an inherent part of any stability program to function, then how can it be?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 21st April 2018 at 17:18.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 19:04   #1923
BHPian

We are also on the verge of picking up a Tiago XZA for the city run. Family members came home super impressed with the price and what you get for the money. Also the fact that it is a really good car. In fact i know people who had the budget for a more expensive car stuck with the Tiago AMT for daily run. It goes to show how impressive the car really is.
RoadGlide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 20:02   #1924
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Also, can anybody elaborate what CSC is?

The salesman said it is like a stability program, but then if the car lacks traction control which is an inherent part of any stability program to function, then how can it be?
CSC = Corner Stability Control
Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20180421200524.jpg

Check the link for more information

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornering_brake_control

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st April 2018 at 20:06.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 01:27   #1925

I bought the Tata Tiago XZ diesel around 3 weeks back. There are 2 things I'd like to know. Please provide some insight.

1. Do we get a remote control for the Infotainment system? I've been searching in the car documentation and the car itself for a long time and I didn't find one.

2. I usually play songs from my pen drive in the system, and I am getting a "USB Removed" message often, and the system automatically switches to FM. It goes off in a second, USB reconnects automatically and the song last played continues to play. Has anyone faced this issue before? And if you could provide some resolution for this, I'd be very grateful.

TIA.
Old 26th April 2018, 12:29   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvafc View Post
I bought the Tata Tiago XZ diesel around 3 weeks back. There are 2 things I'd like to know. Please provide some insight.

1. Do we get a remote control for the Infotainment system?
Quoting from the review for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
In-Car Entertainment

Head-unit supports all the usual inputs (USB, AUX, Bluetooth), but doesn't have an SD card slot. Easy to use, with all buttons clearly marked. No, it's not a touchscreen. There is an infrared receiver provision (remote control not provided)
Quote:
2. I usually play songs from my pen drive in the system, and I am getting a "USB Removed" message often, and the system automatically switches to FM.

TIA.
Try a different pen drive, one without a sliding mechanism. Cruiser Blade by Sandisk usually works well. Else take the tested pen drives with you during your first scheduled service and ask for a replacement if this persists. There may be jugaad options, but not for a new car.
Old 26th April 2018, 12:43   #1927

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Quoting from the review for reference:

Try a different pen drive, one without a sliding mechanism. Cruiser Blade by Sandisk usually works well. Else take the tested pen drives with you during your first scheduled service and ask for a replacement if this persists. There may be jugaad options, but not for a new car.
I use a cruzer blade only, but I was thinking if this would be a software issue. And there's no particular condition where this error comes up, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to show this to the service guys.
Old 26th April 2018, 13:50   #1928
BHPian

Quote:

1. Do we get a remote control for the Infotainment system? I've been searching in the car documentation and the car itself for a long time and I didn't find one.

TIA.
Congratulations on your new Tiago!

An optional remote is available, that you can order from the dealer.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-musi...emote-37465837
Old 27th April 2018, 19:40   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Unless there is something wrong with the cooling system, like in the case of a (Hexa (Tata Hexa : Official Review), it could just be the effect of rising temperatures and/or blocked A/C filter. Summers put a lot of pressure on the HVAC system and one would need to turn the fan speed to 2-3 whereas 1 would suffice in milder weather.

That said, if there is indeed a leak somewhere, you can insist on TATA addressing the fault at their own cost. At 4.5 months, your Tiago is far too young to burn an unnecessary hole in your pocket for a problem that is not your doing .
The reason was the faulty stop valve which was loose and the refrigerant was down to less than half. Fixed this issue and cooling is better now. Thanks dailydriver for the hint.
But still I feel it is not as good as it was when we took the delivery. Of course the ambient temperature is 3 or 4°C higher than in December which could be the possible reason.

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 08:22   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
But still I feel it is not as good as it was when we took the delivery. Of course the ambient temperature is 3 or 4°C higher than in December which could be the possible reason.

-UB
Hi UB,

Did you get the AC air filter unit cleaned? Is the air flow rate good? One thing you can do is to open all the windows about half way for a few minutes after you get in, esp if it was parked in the sun. Put the blower on in full, airflow from outside. After a few minutes, close the windows, revert the airflow to recirculation mode. It should cool better.

The windshield glass is a heat magnet and will take some time to cool off. This will happen only when the car is in motion. While parked, it will get to baking hot. Your AC will have to deal with the additional heat emanating from the windshield. So opening the windows helps even out the temperatures and cools it faster.
Old 30th April 2018, 00:04   #1931
BHPian

Saw a video on YouTube wherein the guy claims that two Tiagos could be unlocked with a single key. Is this even possible or is the guy exaggerating?

Link:

Source: YouTube
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 20:10   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Saw a video on YouTube wherein the guy claims that two Tiagos could be unlocked with a single key. Is this even possible or is the guy exaggerating?
I don't think so! Remote locking system has been around for so long. I don't think any manufacturer would default on something so basic. I am pretty sure it is a hoax video, but it is not an impossible thing.

Saw this video today, definitely made by a fan.

Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 21:15   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Zebra Inspired Tiago ?

Looks unique.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fb_img_1525189217974.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fb_img_1525189216266.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-fb_img_1525189213826.jpg

Source - Respective Owner & Member of ATOM Club.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:29   #1934
BHPian

I have a rather sad incident to share. One of my office colleague, upon my recommendation, took Tata Tiago Petrol XZ over Maruti Celerio. Yesterday evening he took the delivery.
From showroom to his home, car was fine (7-8 kms). Upon reaching home, he tried parking his car inside his bungalow. To his horror, temperature gauge went to RED directly.
He immediately switched off the engine & called showroom people. After half an hour, car started normally & fan also started. But he was so depressed with the behavior of his new car, he told mechanics to take away the car. His prime concern is, how can he be sure about engine life now as temperature had went up to Red mark.
Any advice please. What actions could be taken?
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:55   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
His prime concern is, how can he be sure about engine life now as temperature had went up to Red mark.
The issue might also have to do with a blown/defective coolant temperature sensor. I had faced it once in our earlier Safari. Since the coolant levels were just fine, I had driven over 300 kms in that condition. In my case, this sensor "self-healed" somewhere mid-way during the journey, but TASS was kind enough to replace the same under extended warranty. So that solved it, and this issue never resurfaced for the next 4 years that the vehicle was with me
dkamath is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks