Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 17:23   #2011
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The front seat belt doesn't stretch out when pulled? You might want to pull it soft & not quick. If it still doesn't work, please push it back into the socket and pull it out smoothly again. Or try after moving the car a bit.

On reverse gear, please always do after moving the car to the front a bit - works on all cars this way. If you try to slot it as soon as you get in the car, you may experience some difficulty.

I tried pulling the seat belt softly, gently , nudged it a bit. It is stuck. It did not move and inch.

I took the car for a long drive, the gear somehow worked properly. Will take it to TASC tomorrow and get it checked.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 22:35   #2012
BHPian

Today we took the delivery of our Tiago XZA from Aadishakti Motors, Bangalore.
Details about price and accessories can be found here.

Exterior Pics :
Tata Tiago : Official Review-front.jpg
Expresso Brown looks good in-person.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-rearleft.jpg
Goodyear Assurance tyres. I would have preferred either Apollo or Bridgestone which came in few batches.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-rearright.jpg
The alloys look great.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-rear.jpg
The dummy rear fog light placeholder looks so... dumb.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-keys.jpg
Main key is remote, spare is normal key. Cost saving by Tata...

Tata Tiago : Official Review-odo.jpg
Blinking fuel at the time of delivery. Fortunately we had a petrol pump within 2kms where we filled in about 32 litres. (Full tank without top-up)

Tata Tiago : Official Review-music.jpg
The cool music system with Tata's Connect Next interface.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-cam.jpg
The rear view camera in action. Do note its placement...

Overall experience was satisfactory. Although there are two issues which I found out after driving for a while. First being the wheel alignment, it seems like the wheel is not properly aligned since the steering is slightly tilted towards the left when the car is moving in straight line. Second is the placement of the rear camera display, I somehow overlooked its placement as it is placed over the left passenger Airbag module which will obviously affect its deployment in case of an event. I am not sure how the showroom folks fitted it over there without thinking about this issue, carelessness is the only word I can think of right now... I will have to get it moved either to center or right corner of the dashboard.
Funny is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 07:28   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
First being the wheel alignment, it seems like the wheel is not properly aligned since the steering is slightly tilted towards the left when the car is moving in straight line.
The wheel alignment would be fine. Don't worry. The steering needs to be removed and reset in the straight position. Not sure why the guys overlooked it.

Congrats on your new car!
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 13:53   #2014
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1787262
The rear view camera in action. Do note its placement...
Isn't the display of rear view camera set on the airbag cover? Wouldn't it hinder its functionality?
rish_arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 14:43   #2015
BHPian

So guys im getting my Tiago serviced right now (2 years, 5th service). I had gold amc which expires this month and the Sa is kind of pushing me for p2p offering as below. Is it worth spending 6400 approx for the mentioned items?

Also my running is very low, 2 years and only 7500 kms done.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_gmail_20180806143905.png
Old 6th August 2018, 14:48   #2016
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new car!

Quote:
First being the wheel alignment, it seems like the wheel is not properly aligned since the steering is slightly tilted towards the left when the car is moving in straight line.
Did you check the air pressure in all tyres? If it is consistent, get this rectified immediately.

Quote:
Second is the placement of the rear camera display, I somehow overlooked its placement as it is placed over the left passenger Airbag module which will obviously affect its deployment in case of an event. I am not sure how the showroom folks fitted it over there without thinking about this issue, carelessness is the only word I can think of right now... I will have to get it moved either to center or right corner of the dashboard.
I didn't like this arrangement and chose to I spend 10k more for the integrated display IRVM. The fact that it has auto dimming made it worth the premium.

That said, the quality of the camera is below average.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 19:44   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
Isn't the display of rear view camera set on the airbag cover? Wouldn't it hinder its functionality?
Yes, I have already mentioned the same. It would definitely prevent the airbag from deploying properly. We will get it moved either to center or right of the dashboard ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Did you check the air pressure in all tyres? If it is consistent, get this rectified immediately.
Yes, we did get the pressure checked while filling up fuel and its set as per recommended pressure. Will get the steering checked this weekend.

Quote:
I didn't like this arrangement and chose to I spend 10k more for the integrated display IRVM. The fact that it has auto dimming made it worth the premium.

That said, the quality of the camera is below average.
Yes even in this case the video quality is not too great. But the overall plastic quality of the device looks really cheap and sub-standard, it shouldn't qualify to be called an OEM accessory.
Old 6th August 2018, 23:15   #2018
BHPian

I've a query to my fellow Tiago Owners. I own the Tiago XZA 2017 batch ( one of the first). Is there any way to open the boot using the remote?

Right now, I have only two ways of opening it. Boot open lever under the driver's seat or manually opening it with key. I heard that in Tigor you can open the boot by long press the middle (Headlamp) button on the remote. Is there any way to replicate the same on Tiago? Some software tweaks or something?
Old 6th August 2018, 23:43   #2019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
After the monsoon start I have been experiencing some difference in braking. This issue wasn't there before the start of rain. When I try to brake, the braking is not smooth. It just slams hard as if the brake pads are wet and tries to stick to the disk. After 5 or 6 braking events the brake becomes normal. I assume by then the pads or any fluid film between dries out...
That's normal and it should be the water that's reducing the efficiency. The solution is something you know already - keep the pads warm by applying brake at regular intervals of time. Once the pads are warm, the efficiency will be back to where it's supposed to be.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 08:55   #2020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
I've a query to my fellow Tiago Owners. I own the Tiago XZA 2017 batch ( one of the first). Is there any way to open the boot using the remote?
No such possibility, even in the June '18 batch. I don't think any software tweaks can be done to effect this as there won't be an electrical connection provided to the lock assembly.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 09:23   #2021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
So guys im getting my Tiago serviced right now (2 years, 5th service). I had gold amc which expires this month and the Sa is kind of pushing me for p2p offering as below. Is it worth spending 6400 approx for the mentioned items?

Also my running is very low, 2 years and only 7500 kms done.
Do you think the Gold AMC is worth the money? It costs approx 8300 for 2 years. Have you recovered that amount over 2 years?
Old 7th August 2018, 10:37   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
No such possibility, even in the June '18 batch. I don't think any software tweaks can be done to effect this as there won't be an electrical connection provided to the lock assembly.
There is no button in the boot to open it either like in other cars (Polo, i10, i20 etc). It is most annoying when you are carrying a luggage and the keys are in your pocket. Then you've no option but to put the luggage down, take out the keys, open the boot, lift the luggage again
Old 7th August 2018, 13:42   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow BHPians, what is the cost of the OEM alloy wheel for Tiago petrol? I just booked our Brown XZA. The dealer is quoting 6900 rupees for the spare alloy.
Also is the spare wheel of 13 inch or 14 inch?
Old 7th August 2018, 13:58   #2024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Fellow BHPians, what is the cost of the OEM alloy wheel for Tiago petrol? I just booked our Brown XZA. The dealer is quoting 6900 rupees for the spare alloy.
Also is the spare wheel of 13 inch or 14 inch?
In XZA, the spare is a 14inch with steel rim.

Why do you want to buy a spare alloy? Safety and function-wise, there is no issue using a steel alloy, given it is the same diameter.
Old 7th August 2018, 14:50   #2025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In XZA, the spare is a 14inch with steel rim.

Why do you want to buy a spare alloy? Safety and function-wise, there is no issue using a steel alloy, given it is the same diameter.
From July manufacturerd Tiago xza has steel 13 inch rims
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks