Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 22:04   #121
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

@Superflyboy,
I too would love to have black leather interiors in Endy. In last 10 years I didn't feel the need for a change of half leather black recaros in Octy (except for the white inserts).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-octy_endy.jpg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 00:02   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
This is not correct, the system already has an in built GPS, what is missing is the sat nav (map) software which is loaded through the SD card slot. All one requires is to buy is the SD card (which has a license key paired with the MID system).
I do not think SD card will cost Rs 1,18,500/-
Please look at the pricing list of the official accessories for the Endeavor.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 00:03   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
MPL Ford is not officially authorized to sell the Endeavour, only Chennai Ford is. I was also not clear about this in the days leading up to the launch and wasted precious time in booking.
Thanks for the info. I went again to MPL Ford, Pallikaranai, Chennai, today accompanying a friend for the TD of Figo TDCi. They mentioned that they will be getting the display vehicle of Endy next week, while they had got the display pic of the same now, which was not present earlier.
Old 21st February 2016, 10:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

The first Endeavour has been delivered in Goa. I was at the showroom for some other work and saw it. It thought it was a display vehicle so went to check it out. The SA didn't allow me saying that it was a delivery vehicle and the customer was due to arrive any moment to pick it up. Today when I checked my FB, I realised that the "Customer" was an old friend and former neighbour. He also happens to be a hardcore off-roader.
Surprisingly the dealer has not received any display or TD vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-12742707_794429213995363_5852962521543247232_n.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 14:29   #125
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the sunset red color is a hit! Anyone did a test drive of 3.2 Titanium from any dealers in Mumbai? Please share the details if you did.
Old 21st February 2016, 14:43   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I do not think SD card will cost Rs 1,18,500/-
Please look at the pricing list of the official accessories for the Endeavor.
I have reached out to Ford customer care directly to clarify this. Got a message that they will get back to me with details.
Old 21st February 2016, 15:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@Superflyboy,
I too would love to have black leather interiors in Endy. In last 10 years I didn't feel the need for a change of half leather black recaros in Octy (except for the white inserts).
Nice car!

Red/black is an excellent combination.

My Audi 90 Quattro Coupe (would have preferred an S2) also came in red/black, but my (very old) car is black/black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Looks like the sunset red color is a hit!
Maybe this is the only ones they brought in - just to keep it simple for assembling them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone did a test drive of 3.2 Titanium from any dealers in Mumbai? Please share the details if you did.
I test-drove one at Bhavna Ford.

In contrast to the other (bad) experiences, I had a good interaction with the Sales Manager there. PM me if you want his contact numbers.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st February 2016 at 15:26.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 19:56   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
The first Endeavour has been delivered in Goa. I was at the showroom for some other work and saw it. It thought it was a display vehicle so went to check it out. The SA didn't allow me saying that it was a delivery vehicle and the customer was due to arrive any moment to pick it up. Today when I checked my FB, I realised that the "Customer" was an old friend and former neighbour. He also happens to be a hardcore off-roader.
Which model version is that 3.2 or 2.2 ? Its got front parking sensors must be a titanium i guess.
Old 21st February 2016, 20:26   #129
Senior - BHPian

Most comprehensive review of Endeavour on the world wide web

GTO, S2 and Karan561 take a bow!

Few things that only you guys and Ford experts on the forum can answer.

1) Why was the push button start omitted?(definitely not cost cutting)
2)Why is full black interiors is not atleast an option?(rugged capable SUV with beige interiors is an oxymoron)(Almost a deal breaker for me so is there a fix for this?)
3) Can we buy the 5th alloy and fix it in the available space in the spare wheel well?
4)Regarding Overseas 3.2 L engines, various forum members who have rangers are complaining about repeated turbo charger failure and failure to self prime oil pump during oil change (if you don't pour in new engine oil within 10 minutes of draining old oil -that's a very narrow window )
Did they fix this issue?
5) Can the reliability of the Endeavour be compared to that of the Fortuner? Is it advisable to wait till the launch of the all new Fortuner?
6) What would be the estimated trouble free life of the Endaevour's engine ?(atleast 5 lakh kilometres for the Fortuner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
The only grouse i have is the beige interiors, hope that gets changed in the coming months/years.
True that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

I hope that Ford sorts out their inventory and back log by then.
They did the same mistake during the Ecosport's launch

Last edited by ecosport rules : 21st February 2016 at 20:43.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:26   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

+1.

Quote:
3) Can we buy the 5th alloy and fix it in the available space in the spare wheel well?
Good question - I would be interested in this too.

Quote:
4)Regarding Overseas 3.2 L engines, various forum members who have rangers are complaining about repeated turbo charger failure and failure to self prime oil pump during oil change (if you don't pour in new engine oil within 10 minutes of draining old oil -that's a very narrow window )
Did they fix this issue?
Wow, interesting news on this engine block - hope they did!

Quote:
5) Can the reliability of the Endeavour be compared to that of the Fortuner? Is it advisable to wait till the launch of the all new Fortuner?
6) What would be the estimated trouble free life of the Endaevour's engine ?(atleast 5 lakh kilometres for the Fortuner)
Based on the 2 points above and fact that the new Fortuner is 2wd only until you put it into 4wd (no AWD, and understand that the old Fortuner uses Torsen diffs!), I think I am going to go for the current F and wait to see what happens with reliability, service and interior offerings on the Endy front...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:
The first Endeavour has been delivered in Goa. I was at the showroom for some other work and saw it......
Wow, delivery without a test drive or a display vehicle!Is this Beast based in Vasco area?
Finally get a chance to see the New Red endeavour amongst the sea of white and silver fortuners. Im sure its going to turn alot of heads.Free advertisement for Caculo Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
+1.

Good question - I would be interested in this too.

Quote:

Few things that only you guys and Ford experts on the forum can answer.

1) Why was the push button start omitted?(definitely not cost cutting)
2)Why is full black interiors is not atleast an option?(rugged capable SUV with beige interiors is an oxymoron)(Almost a deal breaker for me so is there a fix for this?)
Did they fix this issue?

True that!

They did the same mistake during the Ecosport's launch
I Had googled about engine issues of the 3.2L I5 engine and came up on issues faced in older 2013 models.Even then they aren't that wide spread else the ranger wouldn't be one of the top selling pick up in its class.

The Ford transit van in the US also has the 3.2 engine,even though there are few issues with the catalytic converter and DPF, its too few issues from a large sample space.
Heck even the Toyota hilux have turbo blowing up issues

Regarding the oil pump prime issues, couldn't get any reliable data that the issue is solved.Maybe ford has solved it and newer customers haven't faced any issues,hence the lack of new data? But 10 minutes seems to be more than enough to time to start filing up oil once the oil is drained. Maybe some new endeavour customers can write to ford or inquire with the service technician.

Regarding the reliability in comparison to the toyota fortuner, the toyota will always be the king of reliability but then how many serious issues have occurred with the previous endeavour?You still see alot of 2003-05 models endeavours still running along just fine, I have personally see one with 3.3lakh Km run and no major engine work on the engine.Though the parts are quite expensive.

Regarding 5 lakh trouble free life, well,it may or may not happen, depends on a lot of factors and how well you take care of it.5 lakh complete trouble free seems to be quite a high bench mark.If you really want trouble free 5 lakh Km, get the toyota, but then how sure are you that you will not face a single problem with the toyota??

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 22nd February 2016 at 10:25.
rambo1o1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:12   #132
BHPian

My Friend did a TD yesterday at Bhavna Ford. He says there is too much body-roll for his liking. Attributes it to the 18" tyres. He also thinks its a bit too big for the city. He has reverted to a 5 seat option now.

I should get a TD on Wednesday when they bring the car down for the Mumbai Customers...
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:16   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Delivery has happened in Mangalore Cauvery Ford as well. I am aware that a 2.2 Titanium is delivered . Though I don't know how many in total have been delivered, I am sure about the above one which was delivered about 2 weeks back.
As I see Titanium and Sunset red are in high demand and commands long waiting periods. You can get your hands on Trend variant say in white/grey a little sooner. Production of 2.2 Manual is yet to begin mostly.
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:38   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
My Friend did a TD yesterday at Bhavna Ford. He says there is too much body-roll for his liking. Attributes it to the 18" tyres. He also thinks its a bit too big for the city. He has reverted to a 5 seat option now.

I should get a TD on Wednesday when they bring the car down for the Mumbai Customers...
Wait, they are bringing it to Mumbai now?

I was told they hadn't registered the car and therefore couldn't move it far from the dealership - they were even very antsy about my driving it on the highway vs. Palm Beach Road!
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:41   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Wait, they are bringing it to Mumbai now?

I was told they hadn't registered the car and therefore couldn't move it far from the dealership - they were even very antsy about my driving it on the highway vs. Palm Beach Road!
Yup got a call from their rep today. He told me that either Wednesday / Thursday. They are bringing it to their Service Centre in Kalina and calling all the customers there for a TD.

The Car is still unregistered. You had a TD Right? What do you think of the Body Roll? Are 20" available in India if someone chose to switch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks