Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2018, 20:45   #4261
BHPian

Actually 19 inch spare was deleted almost immediately after launch. Only 1 or 2 members in our PAN India owners group have a 19 inch spare.
Old 15th July 2018, 10:00   #4262
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Initial batch of XTA & XT came with 19" alloys and it was subsequently changed to 16" steel rims, if I recall right, when the price revision along with price cut happened post GST implementation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Actually 19 inch spare was deleted almost immediately after launch. Only 1 or 2 members in our PAN India owners group have a 19 inch spare.
Does it mean the 4 wheels are 19 alloys and spare is 16 inch steel?
Old 15th July 2018, 10:55   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Does it mean the 4 wheels are 19 alloys and spare is 16 inch steel?
Yes. 19's are 235/55 & the sole 16 is 235/70
Old 15th July 2018, 11:48   #4264
BHPian

First service experience: 10/10 to Tata

Called Pranavi motor which is just a couple of kms from our home and asked if I could come right then because I got some meetings the rest of the week and they immediately agreed.

The vehicle was immediately attended to, they went from a drive, checked fluids, electricals, under-body etc. There were no issues with the vehicle. It was then sent to washing and I asked them not to spend a lot of time on the exteriors as it was raining. Interior was neatly cleaned.

I asked them to check if mine needed an ECU update, they checked straight away, no update was needed and that was that. Entire service done in an hour or so.

Service cost is 0 even for ones with no AMC even though I had one. I was told that of all the Hexa's they have serviced so far not even one had any major problem expect a small niggles even ones that have run more than 50k kms.

The overall experience was fantastic. I was allowed into the bay to check what they were doing and developed a friendship with the managers and the staff. There is a very special treatment for Hexa. It's like everyone is very eager to attend to it. If this is Tata service a few kms from my home I can't ask for anything more. Just top class!

Coming to the vehicle, it's at 5k right now. First the not happy points are the headlights are very average and the auto vipers sometimes react too fast or too slow.

A very comfortable, safe, frugal family mover. My parents absolutely love the back seat. The auto gear is awesome. I am calm driver and getting a mileage of 13.5- 14 kmpl in city. Got aftermarket door visors installed and they definitely give a more suv look. Hexa is brilliantly doing the job its supposed to! Big thumbs up to Tata!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180714_173640.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180714_173652.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 22:45   #4265

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
Please note that the DRLs + Fog Lamps are fitted afterwards.
FirstRay,where did you get the DRLs+fog lamps from?
The dealership I took my XMA from maintains that XT/A DRLs+Fog lamps have a different wiring than the XM/A and the same shouldn’t be fiddled with. The guy was keen on selling the fogs that are common for nexon, zest, etc.
Old 21st July 2018, 08:50   #4266

Guys, I was just fiddling around the controls, when I pushed in the left round knob, while the audio was playing (radio), the audio was muted and on display appeared a nice analogue clock. What if we want to let the clock on the display as a screensaver, and want to play the music?
Old 21st July 2018, 10:03   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
Guys, I was just fiddling around the controls, when I pushed in the left round knob, while the audio was playing (radio), the audio was muted and on display appeared a nice analogue clock. What if we want to let the clock on the display as a screensaver, and want to play the music?
It probably wasn't a screensaver. You 'switched off' the HUD. IIRC At most there is a Display Off button to have nothing on the display and yet let the music play.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:50   #4268

Excellent review. I've also been following other inputs from new owners and our experts. I have done 3 Test drives with some doubts still lingering after each one. Went for the fourth one today. I think I'm convinced. Will be booking the XTA soon.
thumpingbull is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 16:33   #4269
BHPian

Is there any time frame for Tata to launch XTA with ESP / Traction Control, which is now present only on XT 4*4 and Android Auto compatible audio head unit. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 22nd July 2018 at 16:36.
Old 22nd July 2018, 17:26   #4270
BHPian

From what I know, I don't think there's an XTA 4x4 on the cards. and I am saying this based on my conversation with a pretty senior guy in Tata hiecharchy about 8 months back or so. So I would suggest buying either XT or XTA now, based on your preferences, rather than waiting for a variant which may not get launched.
Old 22nd July 2018, 20:15   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
From what I know, I don't think there's an XTA 4x4 on the cards..
I'm not asking for XTA 4*4. I'm just looking for XTA with ESP feature. Current XTA doesn't have ESP, while many other cars in the same budget are having it.

It's Electronic Stability Program, which is not there in current XTA, but present in XT 4*4 only.

Hope I'm clear.
Old 22nd July 2018, 20:48   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I'm not asking for XTA 4*4. I'm just looking for XTA with ESP feature. Current XTA doesn't have ESP, while many other cars in the same budget are having it.

It's Electronic Stability Program, which is not there in current XTA, but present in XT 4*4 only.

Hope I'm clear.
I didn't read your message thoroughly. Even ESP on XTA variant seems unlikely to me. Had it been possible, Tata would have offered it from day one itself.
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:28   #4273
BHPian

For most other TATA cars it is the XZ variant that is top of the line and not XT. Is it because TATA plans to bring other variants of Hexa in future. Possibly an XZA 4*4 or XZA with ESP, or added features such as bigger infotainment screen.

Last edited by Lambydude : 23rd July 2018 at 09:42.
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:54   #4274

Hi All,

I am about to book an XTA in Bengaluru.
  1. Dealer is quoting: 21,10,000 OTR (including 1st year insurance). plus 16224 for Extended warranty, 16k for sidestep. Is this a good deal?
  2. Do I need to go for any protective coating?
  3. Do you suggest a TMPS?

Regards,
Old 23rd July 2018, 16:22   #4275
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

I have an August 2017 XE with leather interiors for sale, I have moved out of the country, with less than 6K on the ODO, in the NCR, anyone interested, please PM me.

Thanks.

Most Viewed