Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 16:42   #4276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
Hi All,

I am about to book an XTA in Bengaluru.
  1. Dealer is quoting: 21,10,000 OTR (including 1st year insurance). plus 16224 for Extended warranty, 16k for sidestep. Is this a good deal?
  2. Do I need to go for any protective coating?
  3. Do you suggest a TMPS?

Regards,
Pretty much the same quote that I got in Mumbai. Also, protective coatings are always nice to have. Effective or not, they atleast give you some peace of mind while you run the car in.

Mind you, a regular clean-up and polishing will have the same effect.

The TPMS is over-priced at 16k. Further, the HUD that is used is by far the tackiest I have ever come across.

The side-steps are the same pricing that Concorde handed me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
thedragonreborn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 17:39   #4277
Senior - BHPian
 
smsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
Hi All,

I am about to book an XTA in Bengaluru.
  1. Dealer is quoting: 21,10,000 OTR (including 1st year insurance). plus 16224 for Extended warranty, 16k for sidestep. Is this a good deal?
  2. Do I need to go for any protective coating?
  3. Do you suggest a TMPS?

Regards,
ask him how much is the 1st year insurance. If you take it by yourself, and transfer NCB from your existing car, you will get for half the price of what the dealers usually quote. Helps with 2nd year renewals as well.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:24   #4278
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 25
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Max discount that you will get is on insurance. Take a quote online for nil dip insurance and then with that quote in hand negotiate with the dealer.. he is capable of matching that or giving even better deal. It's better to take tata insurance as it is cashless across all the tata workshops across India. Ask him to wave off handling charges.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 14:40   #4279
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,137
Thanked: 1,991 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I had heard about a potential issue with the ABS on Hexa sometime back. I did not post it as I was not sure about the genuineness or whether something like that can be posted on a Forum (unauthenticated piece of information which can create negative image about the product. Nor do I want to get sued). But after reading a post on 'Airbags not deploying' on another Indian vehicle, I felt I should post this so that if at all there is a truth in this bit of information, people can take precaution. @mods, please edit or delete the post as appropriate.

I had met this guy about an year ago who was an engineer with Tata Motors then. He mentioned that he has been involved in testing the Hexa, specifically around a suspected issue of ABS not working after 120 KMPH. I have not met him later and I don't know if it was genuine/real or whether it go fixed. In any case, owners please be cautious.

Last edited by Guna : 27th July 2018 at 14:41.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 16:27   #4280
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Visited a dealership in Bangalore last weekend, was offered free insurance for 1st year, free basic accessories, 3k corporate discount and further reductions if i was going to make an immediate booking.

They didn't have manual to TD and considering the inauspicious month of Ashada , had to drop the plans.

FYI: The sales guy said Tata is hiking prices by 2% next month across models, not sure if it was really true or he was trying to entice me with a booking.

Have one lingering doubt in mind and hoping someone here can help out, is there a facelift or variant changes in the offing, hurts to see if they come out with some changes even if they are minor after booking/delivery.

Any updates would be helpful
ro3hit is offline  
Old 27th July 2018, 18:06   #4281
BHPian
 
nvldvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi/Vizag
Posts: 545
Thanked: 553 Times
Default

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-moto...r-cent-1885548

The hike sure seems to be around the corner.
nvldvr is offline  
Old 27th July 2018, 20:56   #4282
BHPian
 
Varun_HexaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 250
Thanked: 1,009 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had heard about a potential issue with the ABS on Hexa sometime back. I did not post it as I was not sure about the genuineness or whether something like that can be posted on a Forum (unauthenticated piece of information which can create negative image about the product. Nor do I want to get sued). But after reading a post on 'Airbags not deploying' on another Indian vehicle, I felt I should post this so that if at all there is a truth in this bit of information, people can take precaution. @mods, please edit or delete the post as appropriate.

I had met this guy about an year ago who was an engineer with Tata Motors then. He mentioned that he has been involved in testing the Hexa, specifically around a suspected issue of ABS not working after 120 KMPH. I have not met him later and I don't know if it was genuine/real or whether it go fixed. In any case, owners please be cautious.
Hi sir,
There were quite a few cases of hard and emergency braking by a lot of hexa owner's at high speeds (courtesy Pan-India Telegram group). None of them reported such issues. Maybe this was the issue reported during the testing of the car which might've (MIGHT'VE) been sorted out before the launch.

Secondly, it may take for the hardware to kick in at times during emergency braking. The ABS hardware on each car works differently. So can't really comment what exactly are you reffering to. If you elaborate on this bit, I can explain the situation better.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 07:23   #4283
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Is TASS doing all well with Hexa? I doubt.

Here’s what happened with my cousin brother who took delivery of his Hexa-XT on 25th august .Yesterday night his Hexa just refused to crank. MID showed up ESP, Traction control & drive control fault. Call was made to Tata road side assistance and they promised a technician will be sent to the location within one hour. All this was happening at around 10pm. They waited till 11pm at the location and there after the guy who was assigned to attend this issue was not picking up calls. As expected, No one turned up. This morning a recovery van was sent and the car was taken to TASS (KVR dream vehicles- Kannur/Kerala).
I have booked and made payment for an XTA and then came across this post. Now I am worried about the reliability of Hexa. I need some urgent advice. I was planning to use the Hexa for long-distance inter-city drives (with a kid and 2 sr. citizens). Should I drop that idea and stick to my trusted reliable Honda City?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2018 at 07:58.
cruisecontrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 09:54   #4284
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: VGA<->BLR
Posts: 530
Thanked: 1,434 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
Now I am worried about the reliability of Hexa.
After having completed 18k in my Hexa XTA since march 2017 absolutely loving every drive in it. In our owners group a couple of them have touched 80000km with no mechanical issues. The automatic gearbox and the suspension setup in this vehicle elevates the comfort levels on long drives and I didn't see any other option in it's price range when I bought it.
TPMS is mandatory for this car but don't go for the TATA accessory. Get the sensairy TPMS which is an internal one and decently priced from http://www.sensairy.com/#/home.
damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 10:06   #4285
Senior - BHPian
 
dailydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA - IND
Posts: 1,065
Thanked: 3,446 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
I have booked and made payment for an XTA and then came across this post. Now I am worried about the reliability of Hexa.
The post that made you skeptical about your booking choice is almost a year old. Please go through the subsequent posts and decide for yourself whether you need to continue with the booking or not. Faults do occur in machines and men do err in diagnosing and rectifying them. This isn't a TATA specific problem.

Quote:
I was planning to use the Hexa for long-distance inter-city drives (with a kid and 2 sr. citizens). Should I drop that idea and stick to my trusted reliable Honda City?
As you would have realised during the period of your initial research, Hexa is a vehicle like none another. Comparing it with a City (which too, in its present iteration, isn't what it used to be) is unfair. However, when you are plonking 15-20 big ones on a new car, what should matter is not how the market sees it or what others say about it but whether the prospective purchase is going to suit your requirement. The requirements that a Hexa and a City can meet are different and hence it is almost impossible to answer this.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 17:24   #4286
Newbie
 
thumpingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ranchi
Posts: 24
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Booked the XTA last week. Car has arrived and delivery scheduled for 6 th Aug. Experience with Dealership has been excellent till now. Went for initial look and PDI today. Will carry out detailed checks tomorrow. Any suggestions from veterans are welcome please. The Sidestepper from Tata seems to be quite expensive at 16k. I'm thinking of getting it fixed from outside. Eagerly waiting for the Hexa experience.
thumpingbull is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 09:50   #4287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Booked the XTA last week. Car has arrived and delivery scheduled for 6 th Aug. Experience with Dealership has been excellent till now. Went for initial look and PDI today. Will carry out detailed checks tomorrow. Any suggestions from veterans are welcome please. The Sidestepper from Tata seems to be quite expensive at 16k. I'm thinking of getting it fixed from outside. Eagerly waiting for the Hexa experience.
I consistently found a couple of things off in all the Hexas in the stockyard during my PDI:
  1. The plastic strips running up the sides of the front windscreen had broken clips where they were supposed to merge with the rails on the roof. This was true for any Hexa with the roof rails kitted out from the factory.
  2. The cover for the rain/light sensor was loosely clipped on
  3. Steering wheel wasn't centered

All of them got fixed before I got the delivery of the car. The side-steps are ridiculously expensive, and I didn't quite like the way they flexed.

I got the following accessories before the delivery for the gentle beast that she is:
  1. Rubber mats from TML. These are really good and refuse to slip. I have already clocked 1300km in 4 days with plenty of jumping in and out
  2. Wireless charging tray from TML. Somewhat handy, gives you a much needed cubby hole for phone/loose change. Fits under the lid of the armrest up-front

    Both of these added up to around 10k.

My primary grouse with the car is the utter lack of any storage space for the driver to tuck the odd item away or two. And with a bit of digging around, the following items have made life much easier in this Victorian edifice:
  1. Phone holder, mounted on the driver's front quarter glass: here
  2. Sun visor organiser, for both the sun visors: here
  3. Sunglass and card clip, mounted on the visors (the goggle case is only good for something that a pre-pubescent could sport): here
  4. Grippy mat for the odd item to stop rolling/slipping about over the chilled glove-box: here
  5. Cubby-hole to mount on the dash between the center facia and the steering column: here
  6. Cargo net for the boot, to tie down luggage when the third row is folded down (necessary because the seats don't fold flat): here
  7. Cable clips to discreet route the charging cable from the 12V socket to the phone on the mounted stand, next to the front right quarter glass: here
  8. Tyre puncture repair kit
  9. Tyre inflator: here

On the agenda are:
  1. Anti-rodent treatment from 3M
  2. Anti-glare film (CR 90) from 3M for the front windshield
  3. Better lamps for the low-beam
  4. Soft club to knock some sense into the guy who decided to not include Android Auto and expects you to hook up your phone using a USB cable for the navigation app to run. Oh, the usb port is a slow charging unit, and your phone will drain faster than get charged. All this while Map My India works its magic with the head-unit display

The car is rather brilliant otherwise. Have driven for 11 hours flat with no fatigue what-so-ever.

Last edited by thedragonreborn : 6th August 2018 at 09:53.
thedragonreborn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 10:18   #4288
BHPian
 
dkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 573
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
He mentioned that he has been involved in testing the Hexa, specifically around a suspected issue of ABS not working after 120 KMPH.
After 120kmph on most Indian roads, am afraid nothing works, let alone the ABS!
Sorry for the light-vein'ed statement above, but at the speed mentioned above, guessing that the "pulsations" of the ABS might not be very effective in preventing slip/skid on the wheels, which are also rotating very fast. Experts comments please.
Finally, agreeing with you that it's good/safe to drive keeping this disclaimer in the back of the mind
cheers!
dkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:57   #4289
BHPian
 
mostlynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Thane
Posts: 57
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
  1. Phone holder, mounted on the driver's front quarter glass: here
  2. Sun visor organiser, for both the sun visors: here
  3. Sunglass and card clip, mounted on the visors (the goggle case is only good for something that a pre-pubescent could sport): here
  4. Grippy mat for the odd item to stop rolling/slipping about over the chilled glove-box: here
  5. Cubby-hole to mount on the dash between the center facia and the steering column: here
  6. Cargo net for the boot, to tie down luggage when the third row is folded down (necessary because the seats don't fold flat): here
  7. Cable clips to discreet route the charging cable from the 12V socket to the phone on the mounted stand, next to the front right quarter glass: here
  8. Tyre puncture repair kit
  9. Tyre inflator: here

I had a few questions on these items.

Where do you secure the Cargo Net around the boot area. I am looking to get the same, but don't know where the hooks will go.
The Cable organizer are stuck on with 3M tape?
mostlynerd is offline  
Old 8th August 2018, 12:01   #4290
BHPian
 
mostlynerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Thane
Posts: 57
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had heard about a potential issue with the ABS on Hexa sometime back. I did not post it as I was not sure about the genuineness or whether something like that can be posted on a Forum (unauthenticated piece of information which can create negative image about the product. Nor do I want to get sued). But after reading a post on 'Airbags not deploying' on another Indian vehicle, I felt I should post this so that if at all there is a truth in this bit of information, people can take precaution. @mods, please edit or delete the post as appropriate.

I had met this guy about an year ago who was an engineer with Tata Motors then. He mentioned that he has been involved in testing the Hexa, specifically around a suspected issue of ABS not working after 120 KMPH. I have not met him later and I don't know if it was genuine/real or whether it go fixed. In any case, owners please be cautious.
I have had the Hexa XTA for over a year now and done 17500kms. The ABS works very well be it sudden braking or on expressway speeds. Some folks who are exposed to ABS for the first time find the jerking of the ABS mechanism (especially on wet roads) unsettling and think that the braking has to be smooth always and that it is not working properly. That may be what your guy faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
Hi All,

I am about to book an XTA in Bengaluru.
  1. Dealer is quoting: 21,10,000 OTR (including 1st year insurance). plus 16224 for Extended warranty, 16k for sidestep. Is this a good deal?
  2. Do I need to go for any protective coating?
  3. Do you suggest a TMPS?

Regards,
While I can't comment on BLR prices, the sidestep is too expensive. Avoid that. Also don't go for the Tata TMPS. There are better options that dont clutter your dashboard.

Last edited by mostlynerd : 8th August 2018 at 12:07. Reason: Added multiquote
mostlynerd is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks