Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 17:41   #4216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Or may be they are too afraid to face the depreciation disaster
One can find lot of German luxury cars for very low price, if the car is hard to maintain, owners will surely let it go!

My guess is that Tata is trying hard to resolve any issues(if there is any), hence owners might hold them longer.
Old 30th June 2018, 08:20   #4217
BHPian

Last week post my 20,000 km service I was informed that this week there would be a new software upgrade to resolve all The transmission noises that everyone is aware of. Got a call yesterday from Prerna motors, Bangalore that they are ready to do the update and would need the car for an hour to update.
Post update I have driven only 7 km’s but I could immediately tell that all the weird noises that creep up during shifting gears 1,2 & 3 have completely vanished and I can sense a new found smoothness in the shifting of lower gears,which was predominant on a cold start.
All in all worth taking time out to get the update. Pls chk with your local dealers.
tommani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 11:18   #4218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Have got a s/w upgrade alongwith & there is a improvement in the drive-ability. While I stick to the "comfort" mode most of the time, the lag is largely reduced.

With this version, if your hand brake is engaged, there is a continuous beep sound too, irritating at times
Hexa has gone for 20k service and I was expecting s/w upgrade but I am told there's no upgrade lined up. Possible to let me know the upgrade version?

Ours is XT. Different variants will have different update versions right?
Old 30th June 2018, 17:15   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Hexa has gone for 20k service and I was expecting s/w upgrade but I am told there's no upgrade lined up. Possible to let me know the upgrade version?

Ours is XT. Different variants will have different update versions right?

What was the bill amount for the service. If possible can you please post pictures of the bill
Old 2nd July 2018, 11:42   #4220
BHPian

Does anyone here feel it's worth waiting for a while to buy the Hexa on the suspicion of the Ingenium engine being launched in the Hexa given that the engine will now be manufactured in India?
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:14   #4221
BHPian

I did a trip last weekend from Chandigarh to Gurgaon and back in my 2 month old XTA (yet to undergo first service) . It was almost 300 Kms one way. While going the AC was set to 24 deg on auto. I got a mileage of 14 KMPL on highway. On the return leg I put AC on 28 deg and selected the Econony mode ON and surprisingly I got an average mileage of 16 KMPL for the entire 300 km return leg. I generally maintained a speed of about 95 kmph.
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:38   #4222
BHPian

I recently did a fairly treacherous trip. Started from Chandigarh to Kaza, went around to Pin Valley, Komic, Kibber, Hikkim, then on to Chandratal and then covered the very arduous Battal-Chhatru-Gramphoo route before reaching Manali and back to Chandigarh.
While I was on my Jeep, we had a Tata Hexa XT (manual) in our group. I was quite pleased by its no-nonsense attitude. The car passed through very narrow by lanes of Kalpa (human navigation error), broken roads of Spiti, mud and dust tracks to the highest villages in the region, extremely precarious road all the way to Chandratal lake parking through some fairly broken switchbacks. Further, it broke no sweat while negotiating huge water crossings of Chhota Dhara and the boulders on the Battal-Rohtang track.
It did steep inclines without any loss of power. No tantrums thrown whatsoever.
Not to mention, it has oodles of space where the couple was kind enough to carry one bigges airport size suitcase for us, on top of their already loaded car.
All in all, a big to the truck/car.
Caesar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:51   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Does anyone here feel it's worth waiting for a while to buy the Hexa on the suspicion of the Ingenium engine being launched in the Hexa given that the engine will now be manufactured in India?
I don't think it's worth waiting. If you like hexa, buy it in its current iteration. It may not get an engine upgrade .
Old 2nd July 2018, 15:01   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I don't think it's worth waiting. If you like hexa, buy it in its current iteration. It may not get an engine upgrade .
On another point, do you feel that Tata will enhance the XTA with the safety features like ESP soon enough given that many are deeply disappointed with its exclusion?
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:00   #4225
BHPian

Again, I may be wrong, but I feel even that's not going to happen.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 15:10   #4226
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Thushar Kulal for sending this image in via this Team-BHP page!

Hexa Taxi:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-dsc_7748.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:49   #4227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Thushar Kulal for sending this image in via this Team-BHP page!
Hexa Taxi:
Spotted one last week in Bangalore as well, it was white XM variant. Looks like Tata has opened up taxi registration or the owners are doing registration themselves. Should help Tata maintain those 8xx numbers or may be more.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 18:55   #4228
BHPian

I spotted something like this on road. Look at the wipers is this a kind of mod or an issue that wipers are stuck in this position. Looking funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20180702_133616.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 3rd July 2018 at 18:57.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:05   #4229
BHPian

As far as I know, the Hexa's wipers work that way. They are placed at either side of the windshield and operate facing each other. How different it is to the conventional method, only the Hexa owners can enlighten us .
Old 3rd July 2018, 23:58   #4230
Senior - BHPian

The opposing wipers would clean a larger swept area on the windscreen. Traditional wipers leave a large unswept triangle in the passenger's portion of the windshield. This kind of wipers on the hexa would clear that portion. I think the older civic also had a similar kind of design
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks