Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2018, 13:11   #4201
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Big discount for Hexa (and other TM cars) aspirants:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-offers-408609

However, what could be the reason behind this (other than what is communicated)?

1. Rapidly falling Hexa sale numbers?
2. Sales of other vehicles much below the expectation?
3. Preparation to clear stocks to announce something big for coming festive season?
4. To improve the credit rating as they want to invest big?

Whatever, great offer for those who were just planning to go for such a capable and now proven vehicle.
The discount isn't really "big".

My boss booked one in May without the discount. We checked if we could get the June offer since he is yet to take delivery. The dealer said the offer we gave you was unofficial discount now they have just given the same officially. Maybe ~20K difference.

Sales are steady at ~800-900 units monthly.

The Hexa isn't a blockbuster and I think Tata have come to grips with this. They are most likely focusing on the H5X and H7X next year.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 13:13   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Big discount for Hexa (and other TM cars) aspirants:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-offers-408609

However, what could be the reason behind this (other than what is communicated)?

1. Rapidly falling Hexa sale numbers?
2. Sales of other vehicles much below the expectation?
3. Preparation to clear stocks to announce something big for coming festive season?
4. To improve the credit rating as they want to invest big?

Whatever, great offer for those who were just planning to go for such a capable and now proven vehicle.
The Hexa has been in the market for over a year now, and it is time for a decent facelift. Not much to be done on the exterior, but they could put in a big tablet inside with Android and Apple support. It truly doesn't matter if it is Harman or some Chinese brand (as the competitors like Toyota and Ford know already) as long as it looks good and has a responsive touchscreen. Not many in India care about audio quality.

I really hope that sales pick up. If Tata is not able to sell the Hexa AT despite it being the best automatic SUV in India under 20 Lakhs, good luck for the future launches.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th June 2018 at 09:41. Reason: Removed the part regarding sunroof.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 09:04   #4203
BHPian

I got the same discount in April. Where is the rapid decrease in sales numbers? It's at that same level for a long time and even despite new xuv500 launch it did that 800+ numbers.

I don't think the hexa buyer really gives a lot of importance to a bigger screen. Instead Tata should open it for the taxi market asap. Its time to get those numbers rolling and to see more vehicles on road. I don't think the image would be damaged. It would only be enhanced. If taxi folks are buying it means there are no reliability concerns.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 10:19   #4204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
I did not exceed 2000 rpm most of the time for my first 1800 kms, on the rare occasions I exceeded 2000 rpms was only after the vehicle was running for more than 1 hr or so (on longish road trips for overtaking)
I would suggest that one starts 'opening the engine up' after 1,200 - 1,500 km. Gradually increase the revvs till a point where you reach the redline. As an example, if till 1500 km, you are restricting her to 2,000 rpm, then at 1600 km take her to 2,300 rpm. At 1,700 km to 2,500 rpm and so on. I usually complete the running-in and start redlining by 2,000 - 2,500 km on the odo (it's a different matter that I buy more used cars than new, so most of my cars are already run in ).

Once you complete the running-in, be sure to redline your engine once in a while (or more).

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2018 at 14:04.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 11:44   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Instead Tata should open it for the taxi market asap.
I think Tata have started opening up sales for taxi market in some areas. Saw a couple of yellow board XEs in Panjim last month.

And, Hexa would be in 700 to 1000 range most of the months. Regardless of new lunches or whatever competition does.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 11:29   #4206
Senior - BHPian

Tata is not restricting taxi sales, nor are they promoting it in any way. A good friend who is a Taxi fleet owner owned a total of over 100 Tata Aria's, his total fleet of Aria, Innova Tavera and Xylo exeed 250. Most of the Aria have crossed 5 lakh km, and a few even 6 lakh km.
He was in the market to replace them with newer vehicles, during negotiations Tata did not budge beyond a token additional discount.
His company finallised with M&M for Xylo and ordered 120 new ones with a delevery schedule of 5 months.
Coming to the face lift comment by @Nissan1180 I feel that instead of a face lift another version with more features beyond XT / XTA should be added, first a 4X4 AT model in XM, XMA and XTA trim level, and say another model the XZA, and along with more features it should only be available in a 4X4 AT version.
The XM and XMA sholuld also be given Alloy wheels in 16' diameter.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:15   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
the XZA, and along with more features it should only be available in a 4X4 AT version...
Why features only exclusive to 4x4 AT version. Why to discriminate against MT variants. They should launch a 4*4 AT version and bring it on par with the MT variant with all the safety features.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:37   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I think Tata have started opening up sales for taxi market in some areas. Saw a couple of yellow board XEs in Panjim last month.

And, Hexa would be in 700 to 1000 range most of the months. Regardless of new lunches or whatever competition does.
Those could be Zoom Cars. They have a fleet of Arizona Blue XE Hexa's. 50 IIRC. Same goes for Tiago.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 18:59   #4209
Senior - BHPian

@JediKnight
See the numbers.
XE is only in Manual and numbers are lower below 100 last month. XM, XMA, and XT sold between 125 and 150 each, but XTA bettered 250. As the model goes up the demand for automatic also goes up, if there is a model above XTA, then the demand for AT will be even more pronounced.
Comming to safety features, some of them available with the manual need to be added to the automatic, but requirement between AT and MT differs, and some features will be of no use at all in AT.

Rahul
Old 19th June 2018, 11:23   #4210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Those could be Zoom Cars. They have a fleet of Arizona Blue XE Hexa's. 50 IIRC. Same goes for Tiago.
Don't think so. They were white XEs with regular black letters on yellow plates.
Old 19th June 2018, 13:08   #4211
BHPian

Having completed 5K kms, had the first service done for my Hexa @ Prerana Motors, Peena. Takes not more than 90 mins to complete - just "basic checks". Have got a s/w upgrade alongwith & there is a improvement in the drive-ability. While I stick to the "comfort" mode most of the time, the lag is largely reduced.

With this version, if your hand brake is engaged, there is a continuous beep sound too, irritating at times

Ironically, they do not provide a water wash as there is ban on usage of water for washing cars - not sure if this is the same in other places.

This visit helped me resolve the issue with Navimaps + SD card not working - the USB port underneath the dash had a loose contact, which was set right.
Old 20th June 2018, 15:34   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post

Ironically, they do not provide a water wash as there is ban on usage of water for washing cars - not sure if this is the same in other places.

It is same with almost all authorized service centers (across brands) in Bangalore, since more than a year.

Completed my 20 K service last week at Concorde , Dairy Circle. No water wash there too. Vehicle has become silent and smooth post service.
Old 27th June 2018, 14:36   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
@JediKnight
See the numbers.
XE is only in Manual and numbers are lower below 100 last month. XM, XMA, and XT sold between 125 and 150 each, but XTA bettered 250. As the model goes up the demand for automatic also goes up, if there is a model above XTA, then the demand for AT will be even more pronounced.
Comming to safety features, some of them available with the manual need to be added to the automatic, but requirement between AT and MT differs, and some features will be of no use at all in AT.

Rahul
How did you manage to get the variant break up. I thought the manufacturers don't tell those.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 16:43   #4214
Senior - BHPian

I was just randomly looking at available used Hexas in the market. Found none!!

Indicates satisfaction of the customers with the product!
2000rpm is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 17:38   #4215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Indicates satisfaction of the customers with the product!
Or may be they are too afraid to face the depreciation disaster

Most Viewed