Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2018, 17:18   #4306
BMK

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post

Friends, I have booked Hexa XE (Tungsten silver) and the delivery is planned for end of August. I am looking for suggestions on the type of reverse camera set for XE variant between IRVM based model Vs TFT screen model on the dashboard corner. Which would be good from usability and durability perspectives ?
In the XE I have, got after market TFT installed on left corner of dash. Position works good for me.
I would suggest you add four reversing sensor in addition to the camera - very useful given the width of the vehicle when you park in tight spots. They are dirt cheap and of great utility.
I got it installed by showroom mechanic though, they know the tricks better, It took 2 good hours to wire it up.
BMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 01:12   #4307
BHPian

Booked my beast XT Arizona Blue. Thanks to tbhp for swinging me away from xuv.
I wonder if I'll end up getting lesser features!
cpyder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:10   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Good luck! I am sure you made a right choice.
Irrespective of whether you end up with less features or not, you will definitely end up with a better ride and overall a highly capable/reliable/dependable SUV.
So, not to be concerned

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:54   #4309
BHPian

Quote:
The ride quality will never let you feel that you have any features missing. I had given up on Jeep compass and xuv after test driving Hexa. And 4 months down the line I am happy that I did so. The car is unmatched.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 15:49   #4310

I did a PDI (Team-BHP document) today for my Hexa XE variant and found a huge panel gap in the boot door. The gaps are uneven to the level where my little finger can enter in the RHS panel gap while even a pin can not enter the panel gap on LHS. At the same time the door is locking properly. The dealer said he would try and fix this panel gap problem. I am not sure whether this is fixable or should I consider another vehicle ?
vnselvaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 21:39   #4311
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a misaligned boot door. As long as you don't see any changes or blemishes in the paint colour, it should be fine. The misaligned door can be set right by the dealer.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 22:28   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
Lesser features? Neit. The only thing that you might end up missing is the charging point in the boot.

My beast just clocked 2k km in two and a half weeks :-D Massively comfortable.

Congratulations on your new car! Happy motoring.
Old 28th August 2018, 09:28   #4313
BHPian

Booked XTA on Aug 24th, Pearl White at KHT Motors, Brookefield, Bangalore. Already something interesting happened, will pen down the entire presales/delivery experience when I get a breather in Sep but just wanted to share with BHPians/Hexaites (is that the word we have for Hexa owners) that I finally took the plunge after wait and watch for almost a year. It is June vehicle (yes, I am getting the roof rails...in fact, that's why I decided to go with 3 months old vehicle). I will do PDI on Aug 29/30, and take delivery on Aug 31 or during the week of Sep 2. Have the PDI checklist but based on your experience, if you would want to highlight key things I must check, it will be great help. Thanks in advance. Questions/suggestions welcome

Last edited by iamrightnow : 28th August 2018 at 09:45.
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 14:31   #4314
BHPian

Just one quick question. Should the PDI be done before the loan is disbursed to dealership? That way, money isn't stuck if you notice something out of the ordinary during PDI, which requires fixing/time.
Old 28th August 2018, 14:38   #4315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrightnow View Post
Booked XTA on Aug 24th, Pearl White at KHT Motors, Brookefield, Bangalore. Already something interesting happened, will pen down the entire presales/delivery experience when I get a breather in Sep but just wanted to share with BHPians/Hexaites (is that the word we have for Hexa owners) that I finally took the plunge after wait and watch for almost a year. It is June vehicle (yes, I am getting the roof rails...in fact, that's why I decided to go with 3 months old vehicle). I will do PDI on Aug 29/30, and take delivery on Aug 31 or during the week of Sep 2. Have the PDI checklist but based on your experience, if you would want to highlight key things I must check, it will be great help. Thanks in advance. Questions/suggestions welcome
Congratulations! And best wishes for happy and safe driving !

Team BHP already has good resource for PDI, please find few listed below for ready reference:

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

One containing printable pdf file:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

Thanks..
Old 28th August 2018, 16:43   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
I had a few questions on these items.

Where do you secure the Cargo Net around the boot area. I am looking to get the same, but don't know where the hooks will go.
The Cable organizer are stuck on with 3M tape?
Here you go:

Fairly clear pictures of the cargo net, but not as clear for the cable stays. Will take some clearer pictures and post again.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-bag-tie-down.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-left-wheel-arch-stay.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-cable-stay.jpg  

thedragonreborn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 21:42   #4317

Quote:
Just one quick question. Should the PDI be done before the loan is disbursed to dealership? That way, money isn't stuck if you notice something out of the ordinary during PDI, which requires fixing/time.
Congratulations on your booking and wish you happy times!
I just finished the PDI process a week back (for XE): I strongly recommend that you do the PDI before the full payment and before the RTO process is started. I had observed an issue in the allotted vehicle (mentioned in my previous post) in the PDI check and I ended-up in changing the dealer as the first dealer didn't have an alternate vehicle as I wanted June manufactured to retain the features. Since I had not made the payment, I could move on to another dealer easily.
Regarding the PDI check, the team-bhp list is exhaustive: from my recent experience, I suggest to look for uniform panel gaps, engine clatter being normal, rusting in wheels / disc-brakes / exhausts (since the vehicle is June manufactured) and headlamps / tail-lamps not having moisture or scratch marks.
vnselvaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 12:13   #4318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Congratulations! And best wishes for happy and safe driving !

Team BHP already has good resource for PDI, please find few listed below for ready reference:

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

One containing printable pdf file:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

Thanks..
Thanks a lot. These are very helpful resources. Going in for PDI in 30 min. Fingers crossed. Will report here how it goes. I have asked someone to join me so it will be more thorough and fun too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
Congratulations on your booking and wish you happy times!
I just finished the PDI process a week back (for XE): I strongly recommend that you do the PDI before the full payment and before the RTO process is started. I had observed an issue in the allotted vehicle (mentioned in my previous post) in the PDI check and I ended-up in changing the dealer as the first dealer didn't have an alternate vehicle as I wanted June manufactured to retain the features. Since I had not made the payment, I could move on to another dealer easily.
Regarding the PDI check, the team-bhp list is exhaustive: from my recent experience, I suggest to look for uniform panel gaps, engine clatter being normal, rusting in wheels / disc-brakes / exhausts (since the vehicle is June manufactured) and headlamps / tail-lamps not having moisture or scratch marks.
Too bad you had to change dealer but of course the right thing to do. My vehicle is actually May 2018 (I wrote June in my initial post, which is wrong). Since I want roof rail, I made that decision to go with old stock. I have sent an email to TML customer care asking them for details (plant, when did the vehicle leave the plant, when did it arrive at the showroom, etc.). Will report back on findings. Thanks all.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:27   #4319
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. These are very helpful resources. Going in for PDI in 30 min. Fingers crossed. Will report here how it goes. I have asked someone to join me so it will be more thorough and fun too

Too bad you had to change dealer but of course the right thing to do. My vehicle is actually May 2018 (I wrote June in my initial post, which is wrong). Since I want roof rail, I made that decision to go with old stock. I have sent an email to TML customer care asking them for details (plant, when did the vehicle leave the plant, when did it arrive at the showroom, etc.). Will report back on findings. Thanks all.
Did the PDI yesterday. Took about couple of hours. Kuvin from KHT Motors accompanied me. He was very patient. Noticed three issues. The black silicone lining on front left window was not aligned properly. Left knob on infotainment system was loose. Under the hood, a small paint peel. Kuvin promised that these will be fixed before delivery. Rest everything looked fine. All functions worked properly. Couldn't check cruise control obviously. I have requested for Sunday (Sep 2) delivery but not sure if it can happen as only two days left. Fingers crossed.
iamrightnow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 23:27   #4320
BHPian

Quote:
Did the PDI yesterday. Took about couple of hours. Kuvin from KHT Motors accompanied me. He was very patient. Noticed three issues. The black silicone lining on front left window was not aligned properly. Left knob on infotainment system was loose. Under the hood, a small paint peel. Kuvin promised that these will be fixed before delivery. Rest everything looked fine. All functions worked properly. Couldn't check cruise control obviously. I have requested for Sunday (Sep 2) delivery but not sure if it can happen as only two days left. Fingers crossed.
I have been promised Sunday (Sep 2) delivery. It's going in for registration tomorrow (Aug 31). Barring a minor initial hiccup, the experience with KHT Motors (Brookefield) has been wonderful.
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks