Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 18:01   #1366
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi guys. Am trying to write the initial ownership review but unable to find the "Assembly line" template as is described under the forum rules. Is it mandatory to follow that template? I always have an issue with tbhp's layouts. It's not clear where to find the template. Could anybody share a link or the template itself?
Thanks!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 18:06   #1367
BHPian

You could begin writing by creating a new post under the initial ownership and test drive forum directly.
Old 19th February 2017, 19:31   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Hi guys. Am trying to write the initial ownership review but unable to find the "Assembly line" template as is described under the forum rules. Is it mandatory to follow that template? I always have an issue with tbhp's layouts. It's not clear where to find the template. Could anybody share a link or the template itself?
Thanks!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assembly-line/

Just start a new topic here and continue working on the page till it's ready to your satisfaction. You can edit multiple times.

Once ready, contact the moderators to move it to the required forum.
Old 19th February 2017, 20:23   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Congrats to all the pioneers! How does the hand rest feel while driving?
Right arm rest (on door) is very good and ergonomic. Left armrest is slightly far back, could have been made to extend a bit more forward. But useful nevertheless. (Unlike the Toyota Corolla Altis which has the most unergonomic left and right armrests I've ever seen, you need to lean on them to be useful!!)
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 21:15   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Thanks!
Here you go
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2229320

Also note that there is a limit of 30 photos and 30,000 words per post. And the mods will guide you all the way - just report your post with any query you have.

Last edited by samaspire : 19th February 2017 at 21:26. Reason: Adding content
Old 19th February 2017, 21:22   #1371
BHPian

The looks of the Hexa sure grow on you.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fullsizerender1.jpg

Saw a Blue XT on road today and in the dark it can easily be mistaken for some of the upmarket SUVs out there,

Tata's clean lines and the Impact Design philosophy surely gives this large vehicle a wonderful stance and elegance.

Picture Source: Instagram
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 21:24   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Took the delivery of XT 4x2 yesterday. Drove it to around 100 km on highway.
Initially i found

7. i played some of the songs from my phone to Harman ICE via bluetooth connection and sound quality was not up to the mark. i changed some of settings but it was not outstanding audio quality. Bass was very good at volume 12 and above. you can feel the vibrations. mid notes and high notes were not the sharpest. overall it was more like mono tone than the true stereo quality.
Some updates on ICE -
Today i played songs via USB pendrive and there was very huge difference between bluetooth connection and direct usb. The sound was much much cleaner and sharper compare to bluetooth connection. I could easily heard mids and highs. overall very impressed with ICE.
Nilay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 09:02   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If I really have to nitpick, I disliked:
1. The offset/projection that creates step on right side of front passenger (See attached picture). I felt this reduces some space for the front passenger's right foot and makes it a bit uncomfortable, but I guess one will get used to it over time
For me this is a big deal breaker. 22 big ones on road & you will end up with a twisted ankle after long hours of driving. Would love to hear some real life experiences on long driving in the left passenger seat. This perhaps could change my opinion.

The best way to experience this flaw is to sit bare footed & you will feel the twists & turns. Being short frame, I had too much of a discomfort. However, It helps to get this feedback from the six footers too.
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 11:03   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
For me this is a big deal breaker. 22 big ones on road & you will end up with a twisted ankle after long hours of driving. Would love to hear some real life experiences on long driving in the left passenger seat. This perhaps could change my opinion.

The best way to experience this flaw is to sit bare footed & you will feel the twists & turns. Being short frame, I had too much of a discomfort. However, It helps to get this feedback from the six footers too.
the same issue is there on the drivers side as well. this was quite apparent in my TD and was an immediate deal breaker for me since even on the 30 minute TD, my hip and knee started hurting. For a car touted as a long distance tourer, this is a serious ergonomic flaw.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 20th February 2017 at 11:28.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:05   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
the same issue is there on the drivers side as well. this was quite apparent in my TD and was an immediate deal breaker for me since even on the 30 minute TD, my hip and knee started hurting. For a car touted as a long distance tourer, this is a serious ergonomic flaw.
I drove 1000km over last to last weekend, didn't have any pain other than eyestrain. I keep those sides as resting place to lean my foot. Can update after another drive from co-passenger side as-well as their legs would be idle all the time. I have XT 4X2. I am 5'10"
Black_Beast is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:17   #1376
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I drive an refreshed ARIA Pure LX. The setup mentioned above is exactly same. Never felt any problem in my long drives ( Bangalore-Leh-Bangalore , over a period of 25 days).
Neither my wife complained of any problem as front passenger.
I had several long trips in this car like bangalore-Vizag-Bangalore, Bangalore-Tamilnadu-Kerala-Bangalore, Bangalore-Kukke-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Murudeswar-Kollur-Sringeri-Hornadu-Bangalore in 4 days ( this trip was with my parents, father 83 years mother 75 years). None of them complained of fatigue or discomfort at any stage.
My ARIA completed 45K in 2 years 9 months

In comparison , wifey had a big problem by second day itself, in self drive Scorpio during recent Arunachal trip ( She wanted the trip to be canceled).
rkg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:42   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
I drove 1000km over last to last weekend, didn't have any pain other than eyestrain. I keep those sides as resting place to lean my foot. Can update after another drive from co-passenger side as-well as their legs would be idle all the time. I have XT 4X2. I am 5'10"
i guess more than height, its the way each one of us is built. I used to drive a safari storme earlier and have done multiple long drives with hardly any strain.

The trouble i felt with the Hexa was that the way the infotainment system and surrounding controls are designed, a part protrudes into the footwell at about the same level as where my knee is. hence i had to keep my leg at an awkward angle. This was less problematic in the AT but in the manual, it was a huge issue because there is no space at all next to the clutch pedal and my leg was at a very awkward angle.

I like to sit with my legs spread out while driving and hence the position just didnt work for me. This was a huge disappointment since I was very seriously contemplating buying the hexa. Now its dropped from my (already short) shortlist! Sigh!!
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:55   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Actually the space is bigger than Linea driver & co driver foot space.
Though everyone anticipate to have more space for this kind of so called BIG MUVs.
It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's really a deal breaker for most of the buyers come with good mind over TATA
Surely it's a design flaws as well some of the ergonomics should have been better.
But I am sure, i will accustomed to it in matter of days as i faced the same with Linea during initial days with power windows buttons and not at all an issue for me now.
Awaiting delivery and will post more on it later.
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:58   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The looks of the Hexa sure grow on you.

Attachment 1610351

Picture Source: Instagram
This is pic from our yesterday's event at Bangalore. We got three 4X4 Hexas for whole day for test drive. TATA representatives also present there yesterday with those three Hexas.

I think those TATA representatives posted this pic on Instagram.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 13:00   #1380
BHPian

With no offence to anyone, driving a Safari for over 9 years now & this is something hard to digest. But, reasonable ergonomics is mandatory & not negotiable. Again, to each his own.

I am sitting on a 11K booking receipt for over a month & struggling to make up my mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks